Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:43:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Should have gotten both...that is the ARFcom way.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:03:45 PM EDT
[#2]
There's a TON of MS Paint missing from this thread.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:11:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sometimes I open the door....

But seeing a angry redneck with a suppressed G3 or MP5 open the door tends to cause people to reconsider their choice of a career in door to door solicitation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You opened the door?? Why?

Agreed, that was mistake number one.

But seeing a angry redneck with a suppressed G3 or MP5 open the door tends to cause people to reconsider their choice of a career in door to door solicitation.

Strange...

People 'round here tend to run away screaming when I open the door wearing a banana hammock and pistol belt with a tub of Vaseline in my hand.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:16:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:45:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Can you ms paint a defensive posture?
View Quote

Plus a selfie of it
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:47:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm just posting to say I actually read all that.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:47:42 PM EDT
[#7]
It's funny how age and experience almost force you to walk away, even though it still stings a little. I've got a great job, awesome house, loving family, etc. I'm not gonna risk any of that over catching someone in the wrong mood.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:57:34 PM EDT
[#8]
You could always file a police report
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:59:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Semi-defensive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can you ms paint a defensive posture?

Semi-defensive.

I think the OP uses the volleyball semi defensive stance
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:04:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Any company that still relies on door to door solicitation is doing it all wrong in today's electronic society.
View Quote

And you'd be totally wrong. It's is MUCH harder to turn down someone at your door then it is to just ''click'' and make them disappear. We get energy ''savings'' provider door knockers locally and they often claim to be utility employees, they tend to target the more elderly customers on a fixed income who are easily swayed with a ''need this job'' sob story and the ''promise'' of saving a few bucks. They are persistent little fvcks usually shipped in from Detroit in a group and dumped off at the various trailer parks and older subdivisions.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Story needs way more blading.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:04:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Blading at 45 degrees is now "Semi-defensive posture".  Semi-defensive posture....got it?
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#13]
eh, I know a guy worth at least a million who drives an early 2000s Toyota car because of the good mileage.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Over the years of dealing with these type of individuals, I have decided that I do not open my door to strangers without a gun visible on my side or a baseball bat in my hand. I generally just tell them that their time is better spent elsewhere. Rarely do they have the b*lls to say anything nasty until they are well out of earshot.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:25:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Eta, mine looks just like that but has "SOLE EXCEPTION:  Thin Mints sellers are always welcome."
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#16]
LOL!

Sounds like the pud got suckered into a 'get rich quick', 'be your own boss' scam...

BECOME AN ENERGY FREEDOM PROJECT AGENT

Make money. Make friends for life. Make a success out of yourself. And it’s unbelievably simple: Our agents help people by saving them money. And when a customer saves money, we make money. Imagine if you could have a job where you save people money, and in doing so, YOU make money. It’s NOT too good to be true. This is the real deal.
View Quote

We are like-minded individuals. We are Passionate. We are Honest. We are Ambitious. We are Strong. We are Adventurous. We want to work hard so we can play hard. The cool thing is we make money and we help people at the same time.

We don’t work behind a desk like our parents slaving away from 9 to 5. We live the life our parents wished they could. We are free. Our office is the world around us.

Times are tough so imagine having a job where you save money for people going through a hard time, and you make money.
View Quote

http://energyfreedomproject.net/

https://www.facebook.com/justin.wilson.7169709

Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
LOL!

Sounds like the pud got suckered into a 'get rich quick', 'be your own boss' scam...

View Quote
Look at the meme he shared in December. "My favorite thing about winter? When it's over".  I thought he liked to make money by helping people save money though????!?!?!?!? 
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#18]
That guy's facebook is fucking gold. Shit jobs like that are made 100% for room temperature IQ mouth breathers like him.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:42:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Justin WilsonNovember 19, 2016 · 
Sooo i am drunk....damnn lololol
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:51:33 PM EDT
[#20]

I can't confirm, but I have a sneaky suspicion that this is my boy.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:51:34 PM EDT
[#21]
lol @ the drama. arfcommer turns a door to door visit, into a off your property dispute and almost brawl.

proper response.

guy.... her I'm here from the...
you..... no.. go away.
guy...... you no want to save money?
DOOR SLAM....
guy...... murblemurblemurble
you...... ( thru front window)
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

same here.

I give it 2.5 stars.  Felt like it was building to something, but the climax felt rushed.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:55:32 PM EDT
[#23]
We get all kinds of sales reps for remodeling and solar energy companies knocking on doors in our hood, I am already out front when they show up.
I always tell them we are putting the house on the market, and cannot afford to spend a dime, they usually just say have a good day and move on, never had a rude one.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:01:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Did you forget how you're supposed to answer the door?

Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It's funny how age and experience almost force you to walk away, even though it still stings a little. I've got a great job, awesome house, loving family, etc. I'm not gonna risk any of that over catching someone in the wrong mood.
View Quote

age and experience have taught me more than that. like how to NOT get into these problems in the first place.  heres a tip.. following some strange guy, who was just a asshole to you, and hurt your feelings.... OFF YOUR PROPERTY.... to confront them..... IS EXACTLY HOW YOU GET INTO CONFRONTATIONS IN THE FIRST PLACE.   I can think of 1/2 dozen ways this could have ended REALLY badly... over pretty much nothing.

1. don't even open the damn door.
2. damn sure don't fucking leave your property, to go " confront" someone who was just being a asshole to you..

if I did open the door... and guy cussed me. id just laugh at him and slam the door.... if I was REALLY mad.. call the law, and report him for disturbing the peace with his aggressive bullshit.  me walking across a parking lot.. to confront some random guy I don't know?  lol.. no.

Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:07:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
o
Yup me too. Left feeling empty and disappointed.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

lol while I appreciate that, it's not my goal. If anything, the company needs to know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol I guess it's time to go make Facebook troll accounts and terrorize him.

lol while I appreciate that, it's not my goal. If anything, the company needs to know.

You can go higher than that and file a complaint with the state.  The company may or may not have a permit to do what he is doing but they don't have a permit to conduct high pressure sales at your door or to harass and threaten people.  Your state has to have some type of consumer protection group.  They will want to know about it.  Sure you could handle yourself but what about the 70 year old widow down the street?  All sorts of people would feel threatened by him and sign up for whatever he was selling.  That is what those consumer groups were created for.

If he really pissed you off go to the police department with your neighbor and make an official complaint against the guy.  Then take that to the consumer protection group.  It still might not do anything but when the state regulatory agency starts calling the company and asking questions it is going to make for an uncomfortable time for someone.

BTW, there is a great app for your phone called "Smart Recorder".  It picks up sound amazingly well.  You can set it to record and hide the screen.  It is simple to use and you can activate it with a couple of clicks, which just looks like you are checking your phone.  Check your state laws to make sure one party recording is legal because your tell people about the recording but even if it isn't I would still record the guy next time.  I use it whenever I run into one of my neighbors who hates my good neighbors and is friends with the crappy neighbors/thiefs.  They admit to terrible things at times but I always forgot to record it.  Now when I see them coming I "check my phone" and put it back in my pocket.  Even in my pocket and next to a busy road the app records the conversation well.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
LOL!

http://i.imgur.com/Y6sgoKs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/P03UGBm.jpg
View Quote

lol

what a fag....

I bet that chick is on his page somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:13:33 PM EDT
[#29]
OP, you may want to let the leadership of the Pyramid Scheme he's operating under know:

https://www.usgande.com/AboutUs/Leadership.aspx
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:13:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This is why you always answer the door with a belt fed
View Quote

You're leaving out naked as a Jaybird and a rock-hard cock. Being coated head to toe in Olive Oil is a plus.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:20:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You can go higher than that and file a complaint with the state.  The company may or may not have a permit to do what he is doing but they don't have a permit to conduct high pressure sales at your door or to harass and threaten people.  Your state has to have some type of consumer protection group.  They will want to know about it.  Sure you could handle yourself but what about the 70 year old widow down the street?  All sorts of people would feel threatened by him and sign up for whatever he was selling.  That is what those consumer groups were created for.

If he really pissed you off go to the police department with your neighbor and make an official complaint against the guy.  Then take that to the consumer protection group.  It still might not do anything but when the state regulatory agency starts calling the company and asking questions it is going to make for an uncomfortable time for someone.

BTW, there is a great app for your phone called "Smart Recorder".  It picks up sound amazingly well.  You can set it to record and hide the screen.  It is simple to use and you can activate it with a couple of clicks, which just looks like you are checking your phone.  Check your state laws to make sure one party recording is legal because your tell people about the recording but even if it isn't I would still record the guy next time.  I use it whenever I run into one of my neighbors who hates my good neighbors and is friends with the crappy neighbors/thiefs.  They admit to terrible things at times but I always forgot to record it.  Now when I see them coming I "check my phone" and put it back in my pocket.  Even in my pocket and next to a busy road the app records the conversation well.
View Quote

Great advice. I remembered that I am friends on Facebook with a guy whose brother is on our local PD. I went to school with both, we were on great terms. He's going to have his brother give me a call, and I'll be able to find out the status of their permit, and see what can be done with it if they do actually have one. As for the recording, PA is a two-party consent state, so I would have probably violated wiretapping laws had I recorded him.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:25:34 PM EDT
[#32]
What? No "Should have shot him and banged the hot chick on his corpse!" response yet?

Arfcom, I am disappoint!
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:41:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Ah, door-to-door solicitation...  I sometimes feel bad for clueless young people who get caught up in that BS.  Right up until I meet douchebags like OP did, and have to tell them to get the fuck off my property.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

And you'd be totally wrong. It's is MUCH harder to turn down someone at your door then it is to just ''click'' and make them disappear. We get energy ''savings'' provider door knockers locally and they often claim to be utility employees, they tend to target the more elderly customers on a fixed income who are easily swayed with a ''need this job'' sob story and the ''promise'' of saving a few bucks. They are persistent little fvcks usually shipped in from Detroit in a group and dumped off at the various trailer parks and older subdivisions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sounds familiar, though it doesn't happen out where I live.

Quoted:
lol @ the drama. arfcommer turns a door to door visit, into a off your property dispute and almost brawl.

proper response.

guy.... her I'm here from the...
you..... no.. go away.
guy...... you no want to save money?
DOOR SLAM....
guy...... murblemurblemurble
you...... ( thru front window)

My sister lives in an older subdivision.  Last spring, I was over there and a young guy knocked on her door.  He got to the part of his script where he explained that he was there because there had been complaints about the internet service in the area, and she said "I don't have any complaints about my service", stepped back into the house, and closed the door.  

She got maybe 6 feet from the door, and the guy started rapidly knocking on the glass of her storm door, yelling that she couldn't just close the door on him, and that she had to talk to him.  She was already having a rough day, and that pissed her off.  She walked back over to the door and opened it (left the storm door closed) and yelled at him to get off her property.  He responded that she was being rude, that he had a job to do, and that he wasn't leaving.  She yelled that she was calling the cops, and he simply replied "go ahead, it won't do any good, because I've got a job to do".  He tossed in the statement that she was being rude, multiple times, and she kept telling him that he was trespassing, she didn't care about his job, and to get off her property.  At some point, she asked him who he worked for (he had a clipboard, but wasn't wearing a uniform) and he gave her a company name (happened to be the company that her internet is through).

I'm sitting on her couch, in some disbelief that this little shit is going off about how rude she was to close the door in his face, while he's yelling at her from her front porch, after she told him she was going to call the cops on him.  His whole focus was on 1) she was rude to shut the door in his face, and 2) he had a job to do.  There was absolutely no "wait, is there a chance that my threatening and aggressive behavior, after being told that I was trespassing and the cops will be called, could result in somebody in the house putting several holes in my chest to eliminate a threat to this gray haired lady?" in his attitude.

I got up and walked over to the door (this was probably the first time he had noticed me).  My sister said she was calling the cops, and walked back into the house.  I stepped up to the door and said "leave".  Instead of a gray haired lady, he was now facing a gray haired man that had a considerable height and weight advantage over him.  He backed off a small amount, and said that he was already about to leave, "but she was being rude".

Cops found him a block or two down the street, still knocking on doors.  They gave him the option of vacating the neighborhood, and he finally showed some common sense by taking them up on that offer.  Funny thing, though.  When the cops talked to him, it turned out that he worked for a competitor to the company that he claimed to work for, when my sister was already pissed off and asking who he worked for.  She later reported him to both companies.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:48:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Strange...

People 'round here tend to run away screaming when I open the door wearing a banana hammock and pistol belt with a tub of Vaseline in my hand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Strange...

It's not the ones that run you need to worry about. It's the ones that don't run that should scare you.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Just because he has a half assed "business" dose not mean your place was not getting cased for a burglary.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:51:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Op why don't you like saving money?
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:52:52 PM EDT
[#38]
I dont think I would have withstood all that. I certainly would have knocked that piece of shit out then laughed when he got hauled away in cuffs
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:59:35 PM EDT
[#39]
That's what happens when a guy who's already a colossal cocksucker with mental problems does coke or meth to make it easier for him to approach people.  His already abysmal personality gets turned up to 11 and he's itching for confrontation.

Hopefully someone kills that piece of shit before he hurts someone.  It's the best possible outcome.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Seriously lacking in MS Paint OP.

4/10 
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 3:11:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Seriously lacking in MS Paint OP.

4/10 
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/29/2017 3:16:12 PM EDT
[#42]
NO TRESPASSING
NO SOLICITATION
VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 3:23:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Same here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same here

Yeah I want my 10 minutes back.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 3:28:20 PM EDT
[#44]
This company calls my house every couple weeks & I just say "I'm not interested" & hang up.  This past Friday the woman starts out like she's with my electric co. Met Ed but when asked she says no so I hang up.  Ten seconds later she calls back to say maybe she didn't explain herself well.  I hung up & she called back again immediately & I let it ring.  They must be on the ropes to be getting this aggressive.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It's 22.5°.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is taking "a semi-defensive posture" anything like blading at 45 degrees?

It's 22.5°.

Link Posted: 1/29/2017 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Sounds familiar, though it doesn't happen out where I live.

My sister lives in an older subdivision.  Last spring, I was over there and a young guy knocked on her door.  He got to the part of his script where he explained that he was there because there had been complaints about the internet service in the area, and she said "I don't have any complaints about my service", stepped back into the house, and closed the door.  

She got maybe 6 feet from the door, and the guy started rapidly knocking on the glass of her storm door, yelling that she couldn't just close the door on him, and that she had to talk to him.  She was already having a rough day, and that pissed her off.  She walked back over to the door and opened it (left the storm door closed) and yelled at him to get off her property.  He responded that she was being rude, that he had a job to do, and that he wasn't leaving.  She yelled that she was calling the cops, and he simply replied "go ahead, it won't do any good, because I've got a job to do".  He tossed in the statement that she was being rude, multiple times, and she kept telling him that he was trespassing, she didn't care about his job, and to get off her property.  At some point, she asked him who he worked for (he had a clipboard, but wasn't wearing a uniform) and he gave her a company name (happened to be the company that her internet is through).

I'm sitting on her couch, in some disbelief that this little shit is going off about how rude she was to close the door in his face, while he's yelling at her from her front porch, after she told him she was going to call the cops on him.  His whole focus was on 1) she was rude to shut the door in his face, and 2) he had a job to do.  There was absolutely no "wait, is there a chance that my threatening and aggressive behavior, after being told that I was trespassing and the cops will be called, could result in somebody in the house putting several holes in my chest to eliminate a threat to this gray haired lady?" in his attitude.

I got up and walked over to the door (this was probably the first time he had noticed me).  My sister said she was calling the cops, and walked back into the house.  I stepped up to the door and said "leave".  Instead of a gray haired lady, he was now facing a gray haired man that had a considerable height and weight advantage over him.  He backed off a small amount, and said that he was already about to leave, "but she was being rude".

Cops found him a block or two down the street, still knocking on doors.  They gave him the option of vacating the neighborhood, and he finally showed some common sense by taking them up on that offer.  Funny thing, though.  When the cops talked to him, it turned out that he worked for a competitor to the company that he claimed to work for, when my sister was already pissed off and asking who he worked for.  She later reported him to both companies.
View Quote

yeah.. fuck that guy.   but you did the right thing, tell him to get the fuck off your property, thru a closed door, and call the cops.

NOT follow him thru the neighborhood, asking who he works for, complaining about how rude he was. the police exhist to deal with sketchy people who are trespassing, and looking / acting fishy. as a result they have a lot of immunity when things go badly... myself? not so much.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 4:19:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Yeah I don't answer the door to people I don't know.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 4:26:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Just because he has a half assed "business" dose not mean your place was not getting cased for a burglary.
View Quote
This is always my biggest concern too. If I see them coming and the doors locked up good I won't answer. Sometimes I will and decline whatever they're selling. Then I can contact my neighbors and give them a heads up if I do answer. I make sure the door is closed or pulled to behind me as much as possible so they can't look in. The problem is every house in my neighborhood is the exact same layout so if someone really wanted to go on a home invasion spree you could do it pretty quickly.

I'm honestly still amazed in this day and age people still go door to door selling shit. The last real annoying one was a "home security system" that was really crappy. Still get magazines maybe once a year internet/cable 2-3 times a year come to the door.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 4:31:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Angry Naked Redneck with a S&W M629 works good too.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 4:33:04 PM EDT
[#50]
OP did you learn the lesson about mini voice recorders from this. Because it would have been realllllll handy to have during this, especially when he said he'd get people who didn't see any of it to say you were the aggressor.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top