Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/24/2017 6:30:48 PM EDT
The Dept. of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) intends on issuing a solicitation in electronic format on or about March 6, 2017 for the design and build of several prototype wall structures in the vicinity of the United States border with Mexico. The procurement will be conducted in two phases, the first requiring vendors to submit a concept paper of their prototype(s) by March 10, 2017, which will result in the
evaluation and down select of offerors by March 20, 2017.  The second phase will require the down select of phase 1 offerors to submit proposals in response to the full RFP by March 24, 2017, which will include price. Multiple awards are contemplated by mid-April for this effort.  An option for additional miles may be included in each contract award.

Details here
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:12:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:16:12 PM EDT
[#2]
This is what happens when a businessman runs the executive.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't wait until Mexicans build the wall.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

If one considers that the construction companies and companies they subcontract to are likely filled with illegal Mexican workers, in a sense Mexican are building the wall.

Or, they will be vetted, fired, Americans will take their jobs and the illegals will go back to Mexico.........

Wins all around.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:28:35 PM EDT
[#6]
... Great news!
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#7]
If this were run at the "regular" speed of Govt; it would have been four years.  

God bless you Trump. We know you're on our side. Not like the Democrat scum.....I spit in their faces .... patooey !
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:31:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Full steam ahead!
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Not tired of winning yet.

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:28:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If one considers that the construction companies and companies they subcontract to are likely filled with illegal Mexican workers, in a sense Mexican are building the wall.

Or, they will be vetted, fired, Americans will take their jobs and the illegals will go back to Mexico.........

Wins all around.
View Quote

When the wall is done we can send them to paint the Mexican side & then lock the door...
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:36:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Wins all around.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wins all around.
An illegal on a federal contact can get the contractor black listed, IIRC.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:43:25 PM EDT
[#12]
MAGA
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:46:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

You mean unlike playing Golf 200 days a year and claiming racism when nothing worthwhile ever gets done?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:55:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:04:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Fucking awesome use of Pink Floyd.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:11:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Ahahaha awesome
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:20:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Wins all around.
View Quote

Negative. Just about all contracts are Davis-Bacon Wages. They have to pass a background check to be allowed onto the project. Next?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:27:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Are money transfers going to Mexico being taxed yet?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:30:46 PM EDT
[#21]
My life is starting to feel complete..

Raging Freedom Boner.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#22]
But, but, he's never going to be able to build the wall. He's dropping out any day now anyhow....
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:35:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Sign me up for that sweet operator and per diem pay.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Wonder if my job would let me take some time off to help build the wall.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:38:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:48:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Those numbers are going to be very high solely based on the short turnaround time from DESIGN BUILD concept drawing to RFP to actual pricing. There should have been a design team working on bid docs...
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:03:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Lol, telling a billionaire executive who does this stuff for a living he's doing it wrong?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:04:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Those numbers are going to be very high solely based on the short turnaround time from DESIGN BUILD concept drawing to RFP to actual pricing. There should have been a design team working on bid docs...
View Quote

every sane major construction and precast company in the country should have had guys working on proposals a year ago on spec. And divisions on the day after election day. You can grantee bethcel, Halliburton and everyone else has a dozen options sitting on the table.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:09:14 PM EDT
[#29]
The protest camps along the wall route are going to be fabulous.  ND was just the warm up.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:12:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The protest camps along the wall route are going to be fabulous.  ND was just the warm up.
View Quote

There is a new sheriff in town.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:19:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

every sane major construction and precast company in the country should have had guys working on proposals a year ago on spec. And divisions on the day after election day. You can grantee bethcel, Halliburton and everyone else has a dozen options sitting on the table.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, and it's just a wall. The right people can pencil most of this out on a wet bar knapkin over happy hour and leave the rest for bean counters.

The precast companies could probably give you a price delivered on site in an hour or two.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:22:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Not tired of winning yet.

View Quote

Never
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:28:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:32:17 PM EDT
[#35]
I am skeptical of the timing in the first post.  Even if it takes a month or two longer...no concern.  Make steady progress with construction starting this year.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:06:09 PM EDT
[#36]
I read somewhere it was a 15 billion guesstimates?

If the gov, who SWALLOW billions brought double that and threw it on the table (and waived alll bs gov restrictions).American companies would take that, move in our companies and do it like transcontinental railroad (different sections different contractors meeting) Id bet in under five years tops, that wall would be done. F it djt, build the GREAT WALL, it will be your legacy. Thirty foot high,, real fucking wall.

It would be a MAJOR undertaking and could possibly cause moving the military down there to protect our contractors, but it could be done. If the Chinese could build Three Gorges Dam, Americans can build that fucking wall. Its  only money.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:11:35 PM EDT
[#37]
WINNING

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:24:36 PM EDT
[#38]
The party's over Mexico you bunch of ungrateful corrupt pieces of shit
after all America has done for you in the past , taking in your people
giving them jobs, nafta , and you turn around and saturate this great country
with drugs and violence and you have the nerve to complain about a wall .
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:28:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Details here
View Quote

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=b8e1b2a6876519ca0aedd748e1e491cf&tab=core&_cview=0

Oh that URL...
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:29:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

no one ever said that, but they will pay for it one way or the other.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:30:58 PM EDT
[#41]
I don't agree with Trump on his wall/immigration policy, but MAN, previous Presidents have to feel like worthless lumps of SHIT!  This guy's in 4-5wks and bid sheets are out for the wall he promised, already!  He keeps this pace up, he'll do more shit in 4yrs, than the previous 4-5 administrations TOGETHER!
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:31:34 PM EDT
[#42]
So much winning........the sound of the Leftists and dopers wailing and gnashing their teeth is music.......
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:32:29 PM EDT
[#43]
I guess I'll have to wait for the .gov's design criteria before I can develop a bid. 

I'm seriously looking for a right-of-way buying job. 
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:32:44 PM EDT
[#44]
In before border stater's whining and law suits over eminent domain, water rights, and endangered three-toed horny toads.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:34:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Would be pretty cool to sponsor a brick and have your name engraved in it
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:35:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I read somewhere it was a 15 billion guesstimates?

If the gov, who SWALLOW billions brought double that and threw it on the table (and waived alll bs gov restrictions).American companies would take that, move in our companies and do it like transcontinental railroad (different sections different contractors meeting) Id bet in under five years tops, that wall would be done. F it djt, build the GREAT WALL, it will be your legacy. Thirty FIFTY foot high,, real fucking wall.

It would be a MAJOR undertaking and could possibly cause moving the military down there to protect our contractors, but it could be done. If the Chinese could build Three Gorges Dam, Americans can build that fucking wall. Its  only money.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:41:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
In before border stater's whining and law suits over eminent domain, water rights, and endangered three-toed horny toads.
View Quote

I wonder if the government can tell land owners along
the border to fuck off and tell them that its a matter
of national security ? thoughts
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:45:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Don't hire the guys that built the Oroville Dam spillway...
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:52:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Theoretically the Feds have to own the land the border sits on and some kind of right of way to service it..regardless, the wall needs built..
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:51:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yep, and it's just a wall. The right people can pencil most of this out on a wet bar knapkin over happy hour and leave the rest for bean counters.

The precast companies could probably give you a price delivered on site in an hour or two.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's just a really, really big wall. Have any soils reports been done? I, personally, am highly skeptical that any companies have had guys working on sketch design/design build ideas or proposals for a project that has been only a talking point thus far...

...I could definitely be wrong though as I am purely speculating
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top