Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/11/2017 12:02:11 PM EDT
GOP Leaders Dropping Border Wall Funds From the 2017-2018 Budget.

Federal funding for one of President Donald Trump’s premier policy proposals may be excluded from the House GOP’s budget for Fiscal Year 2017-2018.
House Democrats, along with a few House Republicans, are working around-the-clock to make sure funding for the estimated $12 billion border wall is not factored into the GOP budget, according to a report by The Hill.

“With Democrats united against new wall funding, it’s unlikely the Republicans have the votes to get it through and prevent a government shutdown,” The Hill report stated.
View Quote
These GOP bastards are doing everything they can to fight the will of the American people and keep their status quo, Congress has become the de facto enemy of the State, enemy of our sovereignty, and enemy of the people.

It is time we pull an Obama and ignore Congress, the Trump Administration and the American people really need to do an end run around Congress and start a type of go fund me account for to build the wall and build it higher, longer, and stronger than what congress would allow should these scumbags even ever allow it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:04:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Federal funding for one of President Donald Trump’s premier policy proposals may be excluded from the House GOP’s budget for Fiscal Year 2017-2018.
House Democrats, along with a few House Republicans, are working around-the-clock to make sure funding for the estimated $12 billion border wall is not factored into the GOP budget, according to a report by The Hill.

“With Democrats united against new wall funding, it’s unlikely the Republicans have the votes to get it through and prevent a government shutdown,” The Hill report stated.
View Quote
These GOP bastards are doing everything they can to fight the will of the American people and keep their status quo, Congress has become the de facto enemy of the State, enemy of our sovereignty, and enemy of the people.

It is time we pull an Obama and ignore Congress, the Trump Administration and the American people really need to do an end run around Congress and start a type of go fund me account for to build the wall and build it higher, longer, and stronger than what congress would allow should these scumbags even ever allow it.
View Quote

I wonder what GOP bastards are trying to prevent funding for the wall.  The establishment that Trump cozied up to or the Freedom Caucus that he has been attacking
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:04:33 PM EDT
[#2]
They prefer being the minority party. The have to stop their own initiatives now that the own congress.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:09:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Come up with a workable e-verify system and go after employers that hire illegals and the problem will go away.  We also need a guest worker program.  I don't want to pick grapes and I doubt you do either.  The wall was just a political stunt.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:12:10 PM EDT
[#4]
So a Texas "Republican" is working day and night with Democrats to stop funding for the wall?

Really?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:13:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:15:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Come up with a workable e-verify system and go after employers that hire illegals and the problem will go away.  We also need a guest worker program.  I don't want to pick grapes and I doubt you do either.  The wall was just a political stunt.
View Quote
That would figure this shit out.

All illegal immigrants must be verified and given "low skilled labor visas" with mexican, honduran, etc govts. or deported. Subject to all sorts or rules and regs. No welfare or voting.

All new immigrants are not permitted unless the bureau of labor thinks we need more.

All companies will now have to verify their employees can legally work. NONE undocumented. NONE.  $10,000 fine per illegal. That would fix 99% of problems except the anchor baby issue.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:17:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
That would be a good start-along with no anchor baby BS,no welfare,no tax "refunds",no free medical care,etc...

Supply and demand-get rid of all the perks and they will stop coming on their own.

Doubt anything big happens.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Until we get a viable third party  (not libertarian ) this is what we get . The Republicans are the party of failure . I heard before the election how much you had to vote republican because they were better than the democrats . Please show me how.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:18:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Back stabbing pieces of shit.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:22:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Even if congress were to allocate $15B for a wall, here's what would happen:

1.  We'd design a really good looking wall
2.  We'd enter some pricing negotiation that will take a long time
3.  We're going to litigate the eminent domain across thousands of landowners, all of whom are going to fight for top dollar, setting up multi-year court battles with appeals
4.  Various groups will raise environmental complaints, and the government will be forced to do studies
5.  Small segments of the wall will be completed so that the federal government can point to something real
6.  Administrations and control of congress changes, and then we've spent $15B on a few miles of token wall

The same $15B could be spent on putting more people on the borders and rigorous enforcement, and it would have a bigger impact on actually driving down illicit border crossings and overstays.

Of course, congress is going to say "We're not spending $15B on a wall or on better enforcement", so we're really getting nothing.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:22:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

All illegal immigrants must be verified and given "low skilled labor visas" with mexican, honduran, etc govts. or deported. Subject to all sorts or rules and regs. No welfare or voting.

All new immigrants are not permitted unless the bureau of labor thinks we need more.

All companies will now have to verify their employees can legally work. NONE undocumented. NONE.  $10,000 fine per illegal. That would fix 99% of problems except the anchor baby issue.
View Quote
never happen , you'll be living under a Mexican flag with the .gov's blessing
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:24:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. The workers that people are saying we are going to lose should be allowed here on temporary visas. It's my understanding that migrant farm workers get payed piecemeal by the crate or carton. It's hard work, but they're making well above the minimum wage for hard work. I also suspect that their bodies are better equipped for that type of work. I don't mean it to sound racist or anything, but compare the speed and agility of a featherweight boxer to a heavyweight. I've had some interaction with the migrant workers over the years and they've been mostly positive. They're seasonal workers and I think a tax/insurance structure to cover the burden on the American people could be worked to where they can still make decent money for their work. If things are done correctly, the tax structure should only cover the resources they're consuming and there should be a way to incentivise proper treatment of injured workers, et cetera. If health care cost what it should, the financial burden of injuries and sickness should cost next to nothing; or devise a solution to triage treatment so they go back to Mexico for low cost healthcare.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:25:49 PM EDT
[#13]
The Chamber of Commerce has spoken. Cheap labor subsidized by taxpayers must continue.

These fuckers are traitors and should be treated accordingly.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Until we get a viable third party  (not libertarian ) this is what we get . The Republicans are the party of failure . I heard before the election how much you had to vote republican because they were better than the democrats . Please show me how.
View Quote
Agreed that the current Libertarian party is not viable. We are stuck with the two parties we have.
The ONLY real reason i vote R and not some longshot third party is that the Ds have such an obsession with gun control. I believe that we WILL have a much worse AWB the moment that they have the ability to do it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:28:50 PM EDT
[#15]
She gone.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:30:22 PM EDT
[#16]
So.....Mexico isn't paying for it?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So a Texas "Republican" is working day and night with Democrats to stop funding for the wall?

Really?
View Quote
"We recognize the need for robust border security and infrastructure to ensure public safety and increase cross border commerce,” Hurd and McSally wrote to the Trump administration in a letter, according to The Hill. “We also have an obligation to be good stewards of taxpayer dollars.”

I thought Mexico was going to pay for it?
MAGA
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Congress has been establishing itself as the new "menace to society" for some time now.

Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:35:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Call your reps and tell them that this shit is unacceptable. Don't listen to the haters. If you live in one of these "Republicans" districts then your call or fax will definitely matter.

Quoted:

Really?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Really?
Yes :(

Quoted:

I wonder what GOP bastards are trying to prevent funding for the wall.  The establishment that Trump cozied up to or the Freedom Caucus that he has been attacking
It's neither of those.

Shows how much you know.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:35:56 PM EDT
[#20]
MAGA?  LOL, BOHICA!  WTF SOB's, SNAFU.

P.S. DIAF GOP.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:37:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Congress has been establishing itself as the new "menace to society" for some time now.

View Quote
I would take a Trump dictatorship over Congress.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:37:15 PM EDT
[#22]
A giant, physical wall was a stupid idea from day one and was never going anywhere.

Instead, I would propose asking the Border Patrol what resources would be most useful in making the border secure and also asking ICE what resources would help them to find, arrest and deport illegal immigrants.  Then increase the budgets to these organizations to allow them to obtain said resources.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:38:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Email sent to congresswomen
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:39:35 PM EDT
[#24]
it was all a façade... He's going to be just another president.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Why does this NOT surprise me?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:41:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Fucking God Dammit, the GOP doesn't want to do shit.  No health care reform, No Tax Reform, No Border Security...  WTF?

I bet some dumbfuck in the Freedom Caucus is trying "Limit" government...  ...and some fucking compassionate RINO want to leave the boarder open for the "children"

this is bullshit, the Democrats want the votes, and GOP wants the slave labor.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:44:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Come up with a workable e-verify system and go after employers that hire illegals and the problem will go away.  We also need a guest worker program.  I don't want to pick grapes and I doubt you do either. The wall was just a political stunt.
View Quote
Easy to say from Iowa.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:44:52 PM EDT
[#28]
So check another one off the promise list
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Fucking God Dammit, the GOP doesn't want to do shit.  No health care reform, No Tax Reform, No Border Security...
View Quote
No roll back of anti-gun EO's. No nationwide CCW, no HPA...
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Useless traitors, string them up.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:48:33 PM EDT
[#31]
What BS, I can't stand any of those scumbags.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:48:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
The thing is, Trump is trying to keep his promises. The RINO shitbags in Congress are fucking it all up. God damn, I hate them.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:51:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The thing is, Trump is trying to keep his promises. The RINO shitbags in Congress are fucking it all up. God damn, I hate them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trump promised that Mexico would pay for the wall.  So why do we need to fund it in our budget?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:51:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Fuck them all

Bunch of traitors. I hope they're all primaried out of their seat.

Republicans and Democrats.....two sides of the same coin controlled by globalist interests
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
McStain for one. Don't blame the Freedom Caucus.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:53:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Fake news to damage moral.

Trying to stir up shit.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:55:10 PM EDT
[#37]
That's really disappointing from Will Hurd, who seems to be a solid guy. I would dearly love to hear his reasoning beyond what's presented in the article.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#38]
No Obamacare repeal. No wall funding. Continued useless and costly overseas military intervention. Continued NATO and other foreign funding.

Lolololololololol trump.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:58:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Fuckem. Divert funds for UN, foreign aid, ambassadorship support funds, etc.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Even if congress were to allocate $15B for a wall, here's what would happen:

1.  We'd design a really good looking wall
2.  We'd enter some pricing negotiation that will take a long time
3.  We're going to litigate the eminent domain across thousands of landowners, all of whom are going to fight for top dollar, setting up multi-year court battles with appeals
4.  Various groups will raise environmental complaints, and the government will be forced to do studies
5.  Small segments of the wall will be completed so that the federal government can point to something real
6.  Administrations and control of congress changes, and then we've spent $15B on a few miles of token wall

The same $15B could be spent on putting more people on the borders and rigorous enforcement, and it would have a bigger impact on actually driving down illicit border crossings and overstays.

Of course, congress is going to say "We're not spending $15B on a wall or on better enforcement", so we're really getting nothing.
View Quote
More people on the border is in no way comparable to a wall, a wall can't be ordered to stand down, a wall can't be told where and where not to patrol, a wall can't told what laws it can enforce and which ones it can't, a wall can't be accused of racial profiling, a wall can't be bribed, corrupted, blackmailed, or told to look the other way, a wall will do its job 24/7 without question.

Most importantly a wall takes much of securing our border out of the hands of the federal government who have made it abundantly clear that they want to control the border not secure it.

We need the damn wall to protect us from our own government tyranny as much as we do to stop illegal immigration!
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:12:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, for four or eight years.  Then it's back to situation normal when President Castro decides those BP agents should be driving them from the border to the nearest home depot in their air conditioned trucks.  We need a combination of both, so part of it will remain.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:13:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Come up with a workable e-verify system and go after employers that hire illegals and the problem will go away. We also need a guest worker program.  I don't want to pick grapes and I doubt you do either.  The wall was just a political stunt.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#43]
STOP TRYING TO DIVIDE US, OP!!!1!
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:16:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Dad just got off the phone with our Congressman's Office, we will be getting meeting at an event in the next two weeks. Anyone want to guess what I am going to be discussing with the good Congressman.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Email sent to congresswomen
View Quote
Call and see if you can go to a forum or get a meeting with the Congresswoman.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:18:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
No Obamacare repeal. No wall funding. Continued useless and costly overseas military intervention. Continued NATO and other foreign funding.

Lolololololololol trump.
View Quote
More like "lololololol Republicans"

Name any candidate that would be able to control Congress and all of their individual embedded interests and lobbyists.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:18:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Thank god Trump said Mexico will pay for it so no worries. I mean why would we need the funding for it if they are paying?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:19:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Big friggin deal.  A fine?   Okay.  So what. Come on down and collect my fine.  

Tell me what happens when they don't pay up or stall and file lawsuits  that linger for years to stave off payment.

BUILD THE WALL.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:20:16 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm getting near the point of just saying fuck it and voting Democrat just to watch it all burn. The Republicans sure aren't doing what we voted them in to do.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:21:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Useless traitors, string them up.
View Quote
This.  Burn it down.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top