Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He may not have even gone thru TSA
View Quote
He did, the co-pilot went thru the checkpoint which is how they found the gun. 
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Follow their blog and instagram, they do it every day. 
View Quote
I'm sure they don't every day, too.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:57:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What airline is paying 6 figures after 2 years?

The rest..I get it..but please, would love to know. I'll quit my fed gig and go back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the life of me I've never understood why anyone would brag about being a ffdo. Personally, I've never seen a ffdo brag about it but maybe that's because I'm not the guy to brag to. However, I'd never put it past a pilot to brag about anything. FFDOs don't get paid to do it, training is only a week long, and the duties that go along with being an ffdo are incredibly simple. Conversely, being a pilot takes years of experience, pays more than any leo I've heard of, and offers privileges that far exceed anything a stupid badge can grant. How many leo jobs offer a six figure income in your second year on the job? How many leo jobs allow you to jumpseat around the world for free?

A pilot bragging about being a ffdo is as silly as a hedge fund manager bragging about knowing how to push a broom.
What airline is paying 6 figures after 2 years?

The rest..I get it..but please, would love to know. I'll quit my fed gig and go back.
Scroll down to first officer pay scales

Those are hourly pay rates. But that's just the "hard money" rates. We have "soft money" benefits that add substantially to our pay checks as well. I got a profit sharing bonus this year that increased my yearly earnings by another 20% over what you see here. The only two pay rates on that chart that won't guarantee you a six figure income in your second year as a FO are for aircraft that we don't even own. So it's not even an option.

Show me any leo gig (that one is likely to get) that pays like that. A "chief of police" somewhere? Maybe. But we have over 13,600 pilots on property earning these rates. I know at least 3 cops that quit the force to become pilots. You wanna guess how many pilots I know that quit the air lines to be a cop?

Why any pilot would try to brag or otherwise pass himself off as a LEO is beyond me.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm sure they don't every day, too.
View Quote
They have a very active social media.  http://blog.tsa.gov/2017/04/tsa-2-weeks-in-review-mar-20th-april.html  3/20-4/2 everyday multiple firearms found
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:05:22 PM EDT
[#6]
YEAH! That guy flying the airplane is going to hijack it! 
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:06:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Or the FBI doing their job.
View Quote
Or the contracted security* goobers running the show at the various airports.

*the same 'tards much of GD wishes would take over for TSA.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:07:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He may not have even gone thru TSA
I can assume he flew a leg with that gun, he got caught in Albany but that gun came from outside NYS
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:07:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Say what? Sure your second year flying mainline maybe but it takes a long time to get to that point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the life of me I've never understood why anyone would brag about being a ffdo. Personally, I've never seen a ffdo brag about it but maybe that's because I'm not the guy to brag to. However, I'd never put it past a pilot to brag about anything. FFDOs don't get paid to do it, training is only a week long, and the duties that go along with being an ffdo are incredibly simple. Conversely, being a pilot takes years of experience, pays more than any leo I've heard of, and offers privileges that far exceed anything a stupid badge can grant. How many leo jobs offer a six figure income in your second year on the job? How many leo jobs allow you to jumpseat around the world for free?

A pilot bragging about being a ffdo is as silly as a hedge fund manager bragging about knowing how to push a broom.
Say what? Sure your second year flying mainline maybe but it takes a long time to get to that point.
Precisely my point. It takes a lot of fucking time, dedication, and sweat to get here and earn this kind of pay and benefits. Why would anyone that has accomplished that brag about something that took a week to accomplish and pays nothing. Even if a ffdo was stupid and wanted to pass himself off as a full fledged cop or fam he'd be hurting his image by not just being honest about what he actually does. If I was trying to pick up some bimbo in a bar I sure as hell wouldn't show her a badge. I'd show her a pay stub.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or the FBI doing their job.

When grandma, grandpa and the Haitians ran security at MIA, I actually thought it was much faster and better
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Those are hourly pay rates. But that's just the "hard money" rates. We have "soft money" benefits that add substantially to our pay checks as well. I got a profit sharing bonus this year that increased my yearly earnings by another 20% over what you see here. The only two pay rates on that chart that won't guarantee you a six figure income in your second year as a FO are for aircraft that we don't even own. So it's not even an option.

Show me any leo gig (that one is likely to get) that pays like that. A "chief of police" somewhere? Maybe. But we have over 13,600 pilots on property earning these rates. I know at least 3 cops that quit the force to become pilots. You wanna guess how many pilots I know that quit the air lines to be a cop?

Why any pilot would try to brag or otherwise pass himself off as a LEO is beyond me.
View Quote
I don't know man...GS12,13,14..steps 5..ish..22% locality, 15-20% shift dif..10-15k in OT..working 16 days a month....fly armed sometimes with free seat upgrades...

I don't miss aviation a single iota...sometimes, but I never think about it anymore. First gig out of the Marines I qual'd for food stamps.

Who is getting hired right seat to delta with no exp/ hours? We'll hire anyone at the fed's ..but no one in LE is getting hired at those #'s I posted to be fair, too.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've met several pilots that carry. I think they went overboard with this. The guy flies the dang plane. Sheesh.
View Quote
We trust him to not auger the plane into the ground, but handle a .380? Ha!

I'd like to know the ratio of intentional pilot shootings to intentional pilot augerings. I know of one suicide augering off the top of my head!
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I can assume he flew a leg with that gun, he got caught in Albany but that gun came from outside NYS
View Quote
It's possible.  He also might have had Known Crew Member card and had been used to going through that which bypasses the normal checkpoint.  In which case he was violating the policy along with it and is probably going to get slapped with some huge regulatory fines, if they choose to investigate the matter that far, which very well may happen.  I don't think Albany has Known Crew Member program there so it's probably where he got screwed. 
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Port Authority PD in NY/NJ and some suburban PDs in metro area NY have guys making over $300k but that's with OT.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#15]
If I was Trump I'd print up and sign a pardon so fast my pen would tear the paper.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:22:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If I was Trump I'd print up and sign a pardon so fast my pen would tear the paper.
View Quote
He can pardon for state charges?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's possible.  He also might have had Known Crew Member card and had been used to going through that which bypasses the normal checkpoint.  In which case he was violating the policy along with it and is probably going to get slapped with some huge regulatory fines, if they choose to investigate the matter that far, which very well may happen.  I don't think Albany has Known Crew Member program there so it's probably where he got screwed. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are ways. I never saw the security apparatus at the airport as sealed shut. It wasn't swiss cheese but there were holes
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:30:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I don't know man...GS12,13,14..steps 5..ish..22% locality, 15-20% shift dif..10-15k in OT..working 16 days a month....fly armed sometimes with free seat upgrades...

I don't miss aviation a single iota...sometimes, but I never think about it anymore. First gig out of the Marines I qual'd for food stamps.

Who is getting hired right seat to delta with no exp/ hours? We'll hire anyone at the fed's ..but no one in LE is getting hired at those #'s I posted to be fair, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you've worked hard and are payed well too. Would you ever brag about some ancillary aspect of your job that took a week to accomplish and pays nothing?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:32:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Show me any leo gig (that one is likely to get) that pays like that.
View Quote
lol.

every single officer (patrol through chief) in my AO is on a base salary >$100K/yr.

oh and by the way you can retire at 46 (25yrs) at about 75% of your high 3 years.

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:33:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dude, he's the president. He can do whatever he wants. Executive order or whatever.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Dude, he's the president. He can do whatever he wants. Executive order or whatever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is hit with the gun charge by Albany and he better say he found the gun in NYS, because if he flew a leg with that gun on an aircraft on duty he is up shit's creek
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'd like to know that the pilot is able to properly handle the weapon before he is allowd to carry in the cockpit. 

Does anyone remember the FDO with the negligent discharge in the cockpit?  This was with a trained and vetted pilot...  You're telling is there shouldn't be oversight?? 
View Quote
That was NOT negligent.  That was the result of the piece of shit holster/padlock abortion they used.

Go read some news reports about it;  the guy got his job back because everyone was apparently able to pull their head out of their ass and figure out that the policies of fiddle fucking around with holsters with padlock shackles running through the trigger guard of a loaded firearm could lead to "issues."

Details here if you care.

https://forums.jetcareers.com/threads/pilot-whose-gun-discharged-on-plane-is-rehired.96317/
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
lol.

every single officer (patrol through chief) in my AO is on a base salary >$100K/yr.

oh and by the way you can retire at 46 (25yrs) at about 75% of your high 3 years.

ar-jedi
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol.

ar-jedi
And would you say that those pay rates are typical for cops? As an experiment, Google the average salary of both cops and pilots and report back.

Every single one of our first officers that are off probation makes >100,000. Many of them make >250,000. Every single one of our captains makes >250,000. Many of our senior captains make >500,000. A few made over $600,000. You can retire whenever you want on the earnings you've invested without being a leach to tax payers too.

But all this isn't the point. The point is that no pilot in his right mind would brag about being a ffdo (or nearly any other kind of leo). Sorry if that steps on your dick.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:05:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
And would you say that those pay rates are typical for cops? As an experiment, Google the average salary of both cops and pilots and report back.

Every single one of our first officers that are off probation makes >100,000. Many of them make >250,000. Every single one of our captains makes >250,000. Many of our senior captains make >500,000. A few made over $600,000. You can retire whenever you want on the earnings you've invested without being a leach to tax payers too.

But all this isn't the point. The point is that no pilot in his right mind would brag about being a ffdo (or nearly any other kind of leo). Sorry if that steps on your dick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol.

ar-jedi

The RJ's make less than NYPD rookies, you have to fly the heavy metal to make the big bucks
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Disarming a pilot is beyond stupid...I hope the officers who made the arrest are real fucking proud of themselves....they are true heroes. Nothing like pissing on the bill of rights and endangering Americans all in one fell swoop. The inmates really are running the asylum. 
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Disarming a pilot is beyond stupid...I hope the officers who made the arrest are real fucking proud of themselves....they are true heroes. Nothing like pissing on the bill of rights and endangering Americans all in one fell swoop. The inmates really are running the asylum. 
View Quote
Do you think SW allows pilots not designated to possibly use their position by bypassing security and carry guns? CCW? How would you feel if that was a radicalized Muslim pilot using his airport ID carrying at an intl airport here in the USA?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top