BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 11:14:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thats what I was thinking.  looks like the left side of his face is sagging due to cut muscles and tendons.
View Quote
Yep, the back of your neck pulls your had up. The front of your neck pulls your head down.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 11:15:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, missed his arteries.... Luck bastard.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 11:15:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Just muscles.
View Quote
well, that and he has to wear his IZOD collars popped from now on.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 11:16:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You're probably right.  If that was me I hope someone would put me down.
View Quote
No need to he put down. That is some cleaning and some sutures.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 11:17:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would guess nothing vital was damaged.
View Quote
Correct.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 11:19:34 PM EDT
[#6]
DID ANYONE SEE THE BUG IN HIS NECK! WTF
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 11:25:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
DID ANYONE SEE THE BUG IN HIS NECK! WTF
View Quote
Meh, clean it, give antibiotics. Observe.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 11:36:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Fellas, that is a nasty cut, but nothing that can't be managed in the United States, with a full recovery expected.

That dude might die in his country, but maybe not. Irrigate it very well. Connect some blood vessels and muscles, some nerves, suture the skin, a little rehab, done.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 11:38:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And that boys and girls is the color of shock.  Note what looks like the sub cutaneous air at the back of his neck and maybe his jugular clotted off or a large black beetle in the left side of his neck.  Also appears to have stroke symptoms from poor brain perfusion
View Quote
We don't have a history and we can't examine him so this is all educated opinions.  I think it's easy to forget how much muscle there is in the back of the neck.  The first picture is a cross-section at the level of the thyroid and is a good approximation of the level of injury.  The second picture shows the external jugular veins.

1) I don't think any major arteries or veins were punctured.  They lie too anterior to the wound(s), and he would likely have bled out quickly.

2) I don't see the subcutaneous emphysema.  We don't know what weapon caused the wound, so it is entirely possible that the top of the chest cavity was punctured and then air tracked up if a long enough knife was used.  

3)The splenius capitis and the splenius cervicis neck muscles are used to extend the head/neck and they are both likely severed all the way through.  This explains why he has to use his hand to keep the head from flopping forward.  

4) I also agree he seems to have something going on with the left side of the face, but I'm not sure what.  The wounds appear to be too posterior to have reached the vertebral artery, and the facial nerve lies anterior to the ear.

ETA:  Also what scottfire1957 said.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 11:50:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

We don't have a history and we can't examine him so this is all educated opinions.  I think it's easy to forget how much muscle there is in the back of the neck.  The first picture is a cross-section at the level of the thyroid and is a good approximation of the level of injury.  The second picture shows the external jugular veins.

1) I don't think any major arteries or veins were punctured.  They lie too anterior to the wound(s), and he would likely have bled out quickly.

2) I don't see the subcutaneous emphysema.  We don't know what weapon caused the wound, so it is entirely possible that the top of the chest cavity was punctured and then air tracked up if a long enough knife was used.  

3)The splenius capitis and the splenius cervicis neck muscles are used to extend the head/neck and they are both likely severed all the way through.  This explains why he has to use his hand to keep the head from flopping forward.  

4) I also agree he seems to have something going on with the left side of the face, but I'm not sure what.  The wounds appear to be too posterior to have reached the vertebral artery, and the facial nerve lies anterior to the ear.

http://test.danstretton.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/C6-section.png

http://plasticsurgerykey.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/9781604063806_c001_f005.jpg

View Quote
Thanks for your mention. I was a simple paramedic, back in the day.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:34:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah, why is there no blood?
View Quote
Nothing immediately life threatening there.  You'd be surprised at the serious injuries that people can sustain with minimal blood loss.

Depending on the mechanism of injury, and assuming no arteries are cut the body can be pretty good at stopping that.

This is why you keep shooting a threat until they're horizontal and no longer a threat, not X number of rounds and stop.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:40:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I bet he learned to call the neighbor Mr. Sir from now on!
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:45:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://test.danstretton.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/C6-section.png

http://plasticsurgerykey.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/9781604063806_c001_f005.jpg

You guys are the tip of the spear.  If someone doesn't apply pressure in the field, patients don't make it to the hospital.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Sorry, this page isn't available.

The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed. Go back to Instagram.
View Quote
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top