Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2017 5:59:19 PM EDT
Going to be building a deck out back and my old propane grill will probably end up being replaced, looking for any suggestions on a decent outdoor gas grill? Is Weber all it's cracked up to be? Maybe something more affordable but good quality not paying for Weber name? What do you guys suggest?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#1]
After 3 $2-300 grills that only lasted 2-3 years I purchased a Weber Stainless for $950 3 years ago. It will out last the last 3 combined and when it needs repair parts are available.

America for the win!!!
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 7:25:07 PM EDT
[#2]
A Weber Genesis model will last you several years if you take care of it.  The one I just gave away lasted me for over 20 years.  I had to replace the burner at 13 years and the grates every five or six years but that was about it.  I suspect the friend I gave it to will still get several more years of use out of it.  

I have a BGE so I don't use a gas grill much.  However, I did replace my Weber Genesis with a Weber Q 2200 just so I would have something to grill hotdogs and stuff like that without starting up the BGE.  In addition I needed a cooker for a hurricane emergency supply because i live in Florida.  

Unless you have a big family a Weber Q 2200 or their larger Q 3200 is all most people would need.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 7:40:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a Charbroil a couple of years ago because it was cheap.
While it did get hot, it cooked unevenly, the plastic wheels broke, & I had to replace the 3 grills - not only did they all rust, one of them warped from the heat.

I inherited an old (probably 10-15 years old) Weber a few months ago - it blows the new Charbroil away.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 7:41:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy a Weber. Up front sucks but they are completely worth it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I still have my 2002 Weber, replaced flavor bars a couple of times, that's it.  Gonna make it a lifetimer
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 7:51:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Look at Broil King.  Very impressive product.  Less expensive than a Weber.  

Stay away from Char-Broil.  

BROIL KING
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look at Broil King.  Very impressive product.  Less expensive than a Weber.  

Stay away from Char-Broil.  

BROIL KING
View Quote
This. I have one and love it. Had a grate crack and CS sent one to me that day. No problems since. 4 years and going strong.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:51:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an MHP I have been happy with.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:56:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought a Weber Spirit E210 about 3 years ago and so far it's been a great little grill.

I wanted a nice smaller grill and the thing cooks great.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:02:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Weber 330 in copper for me. Best grill I have bought. 3 big nice looking $2-300 grills and I ponied up. 4.5 years of hard use and the Weber is still like new.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:06:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Weber's are good.  Get a cover and they will last a long time.  Finally realized this after several cheap grills.  When you try to replace parts on a cheap grill it is more economical to buy a new one...
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:16:28 PM EDT
[#12]

My dad's had one like this for roughly 15 years and it still works pretty well.  I had to replace the heat deflectors and the ignition switch over the years and the swing up front shelf is no longer, but yeah...lots of BBQs on that thing.

Weber Genesis 1000.

Chris
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:26:21 PM EDT
[#13]
My Weber Genesis is 20 years old and will go another 20.
In it's 20 years of service
1.) I replaced the cast iron grate with stainless steel
2.) I replaced the porcelain coated steel flavorizer bars with stainless steel
3.) I replaced the igniter and three valve knobs.
4.) I replaced the wheels
5.) I replaced the fitted cover 2 times and need another now.

I want a new one but can not justify the cost..It will outlive me. My Weber is awesome!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top