Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2017 2:03:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 2:10:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Funny how companies are dealing with increased the minimum wage. Usually means they either raise prices and deal with customers bitching or fire people which leads to poor services and people bitching. Either way no win situation.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 2:13:05 AM EDT
[#2]
People voluntarily show up for work for a fixed wage.

If you dont like it, find another job

Why is this such a hard concept
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 2:31:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank God we moved to the suburbs. My town is on the list of opt-outs. That shit is toxic.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 2:33:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
i didn't like low pay, so i left being a mechanic.

I didn't like having shit thrown at me, so i left being a CO

and you know what, I'll leave the job I'm at once I find a better one.

I just proved your concept correct.

It's really not a hard concept, the majority of people are just fucking lazy
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 2:44:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dealing with the public for 20+ years in call centers yes they are lazy and want everything given to them. Yet I had a call today that the first thing out of her mouth was I think I screwed up and and know I have at least a two month bill. Yet online said I was good. I told her I can fix it and yes she missed paying a bill cause no one told her we had to transfer the online account. Which I did. She said nothing of the $10 late fee and just said thanks I will pay it now. And she did. She was a rare one that just has twins last month and was beating herself for not paying our bill. One of the few in the last 20+ years in call centers that owned up to their mistake. 99% don't.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 2:54:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  I didn't enjoy my last year in the military so I got out and found another job.  Didn't like being a mechanic either so I said fuck that and left (after saving up six months of expenses because duh, I'm responsible and had to feed my family).  Moved us across the country for the wife and I to find better jobs and now I'm going to school full time while she works.  Is it hard?  Yup.  Am I bitching?  Nope.  We want a better life and we're going to get it come hell or high water.   But wait, millenials are lazy am I right?

eta:  Really really pisses me off that people just expect shit.  Get off your damn ass and go get it!
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 4:01:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone working for minimum wage for longer than a year has no one to blame but themselves.

I didn't stay working for minimum wage for long when I had no skills in high school. I worked hard, made sure to deal with difficult customers got raises for going above and beyond what the job required, and then moved into management at 2.50 over minimum wage.(all while in high school working 30-40 hours a week)
Never worked for near minimum wage again, always at least a dollar more, up to $5 more and now on salary using my degree.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top