BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
... yes.   It's all but sewn up for that big blue wave.   Just riot in a few more cities and try to kill some more republicans and they have this all sewn up.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:34:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What's best in life.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:45:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

Delicious !
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Feel like having a nice cup of coffee about now.

Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:55:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Feel like having a nice cup of coffee about now.

https://img1.etsystatic.com/144/1/13349468/il_570xN.1241072167_mql2.jpg
View Quote
I need that.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:56:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yep.

There is no reconciliation, no compromise, no unity, with these people, eventually we will either have to surrender or fight them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.   I understand why people are celebrating but this night has shown me, if nothing else, this country is beyond reconciliation.  

May you live in interesting times.
Yep.

There is no reconciliation, no compromise, no unity, with these people, eventually we will either have to surrender or fight them.
Yep.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:57:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I haven't checked but I'd bet they have a separate political arm of the organization. I could be wrong but that's what I'd guess how they get away with it.

ETA: I just checked and PP has a separate PAC for political donations.
View Quote
They can use that money for for services. Fuck them for influencing politics. I bet the PP offices in that district would have been thrilled to have that money.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
... yes.   It's all but sewn up for that big blue wave.   Just riot in a few more cities and try to kill some more republicans and they have this all sewn up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's calguns-level delusional.

IMO this is a good analysis:

https://mpcdot.com/forums/topic/9639-the-dnc-is-burning

Let's really look under the hood at this fantastic meltdown:

Attachment Attached File

Much of lower Fulton county and the western half of Dekalb county went more Republican than they did in the primary in April?  Why?  Remember these are Democratic areas over all.

In the "Silver Lake" precinct of Dekalb (just to take one example) there were 1150 Ossoff votes to 988 Handel votes yesterday.  Back in April, there were 857 Ossoff votes to 428 Republican votes.  (Remember, the Republicans had a real primary with lots of candidates while the Democrats did not, for strategic reasons.) Ossoff increased his votes by 34% over April while the Republicans more than doubled their vote turnout--in a Democratic precinct!

How did this happen?  I have a hard time imagining that the Republicans built a really good GOTV (get out the vote) machine and then chose to deploy it in the Den parts of the district.  If you build a GOTV machine, you use it in your strongest area to run up the score.  So, I have three theories on what actually happened: 1) The Dems GOTV machine ain't all that and is falling apart in the post-Obama era, 2) The out-of-state money was a huge turnoff and motivated undecideds to punish Ossoff, and 3) The alignment is real and happening fast enough to see a shift between April and now.

Looking again at the vote map, Handel increased R margin along Route 19, a major commuter highway going in and out of Atlanta:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The dot map is the NYT segregation map; green dots are white people, blue is black people, orange is Hispanic.  Route 19 appears to be a mostly white, some Asian commuter area.  (I could be wrong; the maps are not easy to compare.  Chime in if you're from Atlanta and have more insight.)

The "money -> GOTV machine -> victory" pipeline Obama built is broken.  There are an awful lot of precincts along Rt 19 that are light blue but have red arrows on them.  If the Den GOTV machine were working, those precincts would have blue arrows.  Is it broken because of poor organizing and infighting?  Because milquetoast whites are rebelling against obvious astroturfing?  Because it can't compete with Trump's Twitter feed?  Discuss.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 5:26:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 5:34:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 5:36:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 5:39:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Stefan Molyneux is awesome.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 5:48:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I've been watching elections since DDE and  voted for RMN. Where did all of the delusional left freaks come from? Have colleges been spewing them out? I remember all the fruitcakes in CA in the 60's; did they get older and have these kids? Our only hope is that they abandon hope and move to Europe...
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 5:59:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Savage.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

We're breaking them.

If we crush the democrats hard enough they will fragment into feuding factions and never regain their past power.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:06:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I never dreamed that I had such a great capacity to endure winning.  And I'm nowhere near tired of it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:07:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Some stupid leftist bitch was on Facebook wishing the North had lost the civil war and had had to let the South secede.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Winning!

Now with more Covfefe!!
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Non-profit Planned Parenthood spent $734,000 of their donations to back a political party? Wow.  
(In order to maintain tax-exempt status, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations cannot engage in political campaigning. Nonprofits with 501(c)(3) tax exempt status should be ever vigilant about this prohibition -- a violation could result in severe consequences.)
https://www.bustle.com/p/is-jon-ossoff-pro-choice-planned-parenthood-is-putting-its-support-behind-him-52450
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/limits-political-campaigning-501c3-nonprofits-29982.html

How is this allowed to continue? Can Kek stop it?
View Quote
 I want to know this as well.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The GOP would be room temperature and attracting flies right now if Jeb cruised to a semi-rigged nomination and thus got blown the fuck out by Grandma Clinton, taking a shitload of congressional seats with him and driving the base to utter despair.  Clinton wouldn't have passed up the chance to stomp on the GOP's neck either.  Trump completely flipped the script and exposed the Democrats as delusional zombies instead, it's really an astonishing turn.
View Quote
 and the best part is.....the media helped him, they wanted him to be the nominee! They were sure Hillary would destroy him in the general. They regret that now , don't they?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:19:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I seem to remember...November 2008, "The Republican party is dead..."
View Quote
Yep.

Never give up.  Never quit.

Let's ruthlessly smash these cucks until they're forced to fragment into tiny insignificant parties.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:38:51 PM EDT
[#27]
I did not even know about the election until yesterday. I waited all day at work to come home and find this thread
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:42:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Fill me in, I'm guessing republicans won something? Was it a dem seat or did they just keep a republican in?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Fill me in, I'm guessing republicans won something? Was it a dem seat or did they just keep a republican in?
View Quote
Long story short:

Trump hired the congressman in that district for his cabinet, so a special election was needed.  Democrats spent about 35 million dollars to get a democrat (Ossoff) to fill the seat, most of the money came from California and New York.  The democrats spent more money on this campaign than in any house congressional election in US history.  Democrats everywhere just KNEW that the D was going to win, and told everyone that him winning would prove that everyone was sick of Trump.  This was to be their bellweather of bellweathers.  They went absolutely all-in on this one.  This was a win big or lose everything gambit.

The R (Handel) won handily, by about five points, about seven or eight points higher than the latest polls indicated.  Absolutely no poll was anywhere close to the actual results.  Handel is considered a weak candidate, but won anyway.  So if this is a referendum on Trump as they claimed, Trump is awesome and everyone loves him.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:56:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
last i heard the GOP spend 4 million, what gives?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Leftist professor
last i heard the GOP spend 4 million, what gives?
Goebbels's old "big lie" popping up again.  Now they're trying to claim Ossof was vastly outspent.  

They bitching about gerrymandering, but the redistricting reduced the number of GOP voters (narrowing the margin would have been the point of gerrymandering anyways).

Ossof is also now making noises about "campaign finance reform"  

Quoted:

This disturbs me.  How can you get so emotionally wrapped up in someone WHO SEEKS POWER OVER YOU AND WANTS TO CONTROL YOU that you cry when he loses?

My mind does not follow those paths.
A couple of points on that:

1.  It's like a kid throwing a fit that one parent is awarded custody, when the other parent promised them a pony.

2.  Their entire identity is wrapped up in their smug lefty superiority.   These are the kind of people that call off work because they're upset that their party won't get to use the .gov to force people to do things the way they want done.    Some people want to be left alone - these are not those people.   They're control freaks of the highest order.

Quoted:
Sitting here thinking the same thing.  Change the characters, and this was that crap posted all over arf in '08/12.  It will be posted again when the pendulum swings back the other way.  And it will.
Here is the thing though; all that shit talking was correct.    Trump did away with the namby pamby GOP bullshit, secured the nomination, and then won the election.   And he did it while stealing a bunch of traditionally Dem voters.

If the Dems had run someone who did the same thing and stole a bunch of traditional GOP voters (or drew out new voters, which is pretty much what Obama did), they'd have won handily.    

Instead, they made three big fuckups:

1.  Obama did not govern based on what he purported to run on.   Sure, it was clear what he was to anyone really paying attention, but he basically didn't deliver on anything to his voters.   Instead he delivered for his backers, and even a lot of that was a half-assed shitshow.   This turned off a lot of the Dem base and made any run by a potential Dem Trump-like candidate an uphill battle.

2.  The grievances they tapped into for their campaign were largely imaginary, and mostly boiled down to name-calling.   They did this after Obama handed their opponents a bunch of real outrages on a platter.

3.  They ran Hillary on a platform of "fuck half the country, even if you voted for us in the past".   Trump's campaign was openly but not overtly pro-LGBT and made a serious pitch to various minority groups as to why they should vote for him.   This may not have gained a lot of votes (though he certainly performed better than any recent GOP candidate in that respect), but it made the Dems screeching about bigotry backfire on them.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Long story short:

Trump hired the congressman in that district for his cabinet, so a special election was needed.  Democrats spent about 35 million dollars to get a democrat (Ossoff) to fill the seat, most of the money came from California and New York.  The democrats spent more money on this campaign than in any house congressional election in US history.  Democrats everywhere just KNEW that the D was going to win, and told everyone that him winning would prove that everyone was sick of Trump.  This was to be their bellweather of bellweathers.  They went absolutely all-in on this one.  This was a win big or lose everything gambit.

The R (Handel) won handily, by about five points, about seven or eight points higher than the latest polls indicated.  Absolutely no poll was anywhere close to the actual results.  Handel is considered a weak candidate, but won anyway.  So if this is a referendum on Trump as they claimed, Trump is awesome and everyone loves him.
View Quote
thank you sir, sounds like I need to throw this in the face of my liberal friends on face book.  Got any edgy memes that would piss a liberal off.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:12:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Snip

2.  Their entire identity is wrapped up in their smug lefty superiority.   These are the kind of people that call off work because they're upset that their party won't get to use the .gov to force people to do things the way they want done.    Some people want to be left alone - these are not those people.   They're control freaks of the highest order.
View Quote
Yeah.  Like I tell my kids, there are two kinds of people in the world: those who believe people need to be ruled, and those who want to be left the hell alone.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:52:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That's calguns-level delusional.

IMO this is a good analysis:

https://mpcdot.com/forums/topic/9639-the-dnc-is-burning
View Quote
Route 19.... Said no Georgian ever.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:01:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Post count is appropriate.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:19:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
That's the Riddle of MAGA, my friend. Study it, enjoy it, LIVE IT!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Their laminations gives me strength 
That's the Riddle of MAGA, my friend. Study it, enjoy it, LIVE IT!
"Laminations"????

A series of layers in a material???

Lamentations maybe.

an expression of sorrow, mourning, or regret
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#36]
If it makes liberals cry over a political decision it is most likely the correct outcome.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
No kidding.
It's GA "An Audi is tailgating me and a Lexus just cut me off and crashed into the wall" 400.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:33:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Post count is appropriate.  
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
What fantasy world do they live in where losing ALL of the special elections can be considered a positive?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:45:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:50:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What fantasy world do they live in where losing ALL of the special elections can be considered a positive?
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:54:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Some stupid leftist bitch was on Facebook wishing the North had lost the civil war and had had to let the South secede.
View Quote
That's amazing, and pathetic, and just begging for you to start calling her a racist who wants black people to still be enslaved.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:58:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The problem with the left is that have no core values.

Stand together all you want, but when everyone wants something different (Gay rights, unicorn fucking, BLM, HWNDU, Let 5th graders be Transgender) you have no tangible issues to actually vote for.

You can only vote for "Other" rather than vote for something.
View Quote
I sense sig line material here if you can apply brevity and follow your wit with the no issues to actually vote for angle.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:03:56 PM EDT
[#45]
This wasn't the first "referendum on Trump" election but it was the big one. It was an absolutely devastating loss for the Femocrats. They went all in and their candidate not only lost, he lost decisively, by a higher margin than anyone predicted.

The meltdown on the left isn't entirely unwarranted. This was really bad. Their findraising will fall off a cliff after this.

When it comes to winning, "Lawd, I ain't no ways tired."
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:08:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:09:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, yes, fracture, fight amongst yourselves, tear yourself apart from within.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:11:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Yes, yes, fracture, fight amongst yourselves, tear yourself apart from within.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:14:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:14:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
And so it begins...
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top