User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:17:44 AM EDT
[#1]
OP, atheists sure do have a monopoly on claiming intellectual superiority:

Ray Comfort on the Banana, in context [HQ]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:17:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Atheists are exactly the same as Theists. Both are dumb as fuck.

Agnostics - the empirically driven master race.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Ahhhh the brilliant Atheist. For some reason, they are the same guys that are into fantasy swords and want to be a samurai.  Fat, grease hair, pimples, and really into anime.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Atheist are like: "You are silly for believing what is written in a book by a bunch of dead men. . . things you have never seen and can't prove for yourself. Just to prove you wrong . . . here is a science book full of stuff written by a bunch of dead men that I have never seen and can't prove myself"
View Quote
Not to mention, much of the science they love to blather on about it conceptual/hypothesis/a stab in the dark at this point.

They will tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that God did not create the universe. That it didn't just pop into existence because some sky daddy made it so.

Then.....you turn around and ask them how the universe was created and their best answer is the big bang......AKA it just popped into existence for no reason. Seems legit.

What is time? What is consciousness? How did the universe begin? It HAS to have a beginning....and there had to be something here before it.....where does the universe exist? How did the universe come into existence, and from what/where?

These are the questions that will make you really question everything if you really think about it. And the truth is, the theist answer is just as valid as the atheist answer at this point.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:22:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Heres a tip that has served me well. Any time that someone needs to announce that they are the smartest guy in the room, they arent.  

Any time someones argument is rooted in them being the smartest person in the room, they arent.

Specific to this, the imbecile who claimed a 150 iq and speculated it was higher than "any theist", doesnt have a 150 iq and is incredibly naive.

The scary smartest people i know were never the ones that told me how smart they are.  Sometimes it took a while for me to figure out how smart they were, but to a person, none ever felt the need to tell me anything about their intelligence.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:23:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm glad that they have a degree of modesty.  The can burn in hell with the Muslims.
View Quote
Ok. 

Oh, and it's *they. Not sure why "the" would burn in hell. 
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Which of course shows ignorance of what agnosticism actually is.  Agnosticism holds that discovery of such knowledge is inherently unknowable, and therefore believes that no amount of empirical evidence can be applied to the question of knowledge of god.  Agnosticism is counter to Gnosticism.  It isn't merely being ambiguous about God.

Might wanna research the actual terms before you toss around that intellectual superiority bro.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:23:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Atheist = a lack in belief in God or gods for lack of good evidence.

Agnostics = a lack in belief in God or gods for lack of good evidence but doesn't like to make waves by acknowledging the term.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:24:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
OP, atheists sure do have a monopoly on claiming intellectual superiority:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXLqDGL1FSg
View Quote
Why are you so triggered? Just a simple sentence has triggered you.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:25:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
He doesn't seem triggered.

But this thread is a fantastic example of the "persecution" Arfcom general discussion Christians so desperately crave.

It's been 2 whole days since some atheist disagreed with me... I'd better start a thread on arfcom!   I need my martyr fix!

lol
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#11]
They are young and dumb and full of dumb.

I think we have all thought we were the smartest MFer on the planet,  but we aged and became wiser, fortunately we didn't have the internet to broadcast our stupidity back then
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:26:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well, at least you're not using a big fat brush to malign all atheists because of a couple online asshats. 
View Quote
OP is triggered by people not believing in his god.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Says the guy who was so triggered by atheist comments on the interwebs he had to run to ARFCOM and make a thread about it so he could go REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#14]
There's plenty of stupid on all sides.

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:27:11 AM EDT
[#15]

*click-click............. click*

IBTL
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:29:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
https://media3.giphy.com/media/DpLvwggGGyyBO/200_s.gif

IBTL
View Quote
Why the lock Chief?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:31:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Which of course shows ignorance of what agnosticism actually is.  Agnosticism holds that discovery of such knowledge is inherently unknowable, and therefore believes that no amount of empirical evidence can be applied to the question of knowledge of god.  Agnosticism is counter to Gnosticism.  It isn't merely being ambiguous about God.

Might wanna research the actual terms before you toss around that intellectual superiority bro.
View Quote

Huxley would scoff at your... less than accurate description.

You do know its better to keep your mouth shut and let people simply think you are an idiot, than open it and confirm it, right?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:32:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

He doesn't seem triggered.

But this thread is a fantastic example of the "persecution" Arfcom general discussion Christians so desperately crave.

It's been 2 whole days since some atheist disagreed with me... I'd better start a thread on arfcom!   I need my martyr fix!

lol
View Quote
"The science is settled!!!"
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Why the lock Chief?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://media3.giphy.com/media/DpLvwggGGyyBO/200_s.gif

IBTL
Why the lock Chief?
Because threads like this tend to go straight into the crapper within a few pages. I didn't report it or anything.

And don't EVER call me 'chief'...

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:34:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Says the guy who was so triggered by atheist comments on the interwebs he had to run to ARFCOM and make a thread about it so he could go REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Quote
"Oh shit! Someone guy started an atheist thread and i cant let my religion be tarnished. Let me post seom retarded christian from youube! thatll show them!"
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:35:56 AM EDT
[#21]
I have a fairly high IQ myself, but I only brag about it in certain instances.  I usually do it when one of my liberal friends calls gun owner low IQ neanderthals or something along those lines on Social media.  I'll then challenge them to an IQ test just to watch hilarity ensue.  Of course they know that I will score higher than them on the test and it really pisses them off.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To which you replied with REEEEEEEEEEEEEREEREEEEEEEE!

I can see how you both felt you could claim the high ground.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:38:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

"The science is settled!!!"
View Quote

"The science is settled" and "its just a theory."

Either one of those lets you know the type of person you're dealing with pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:39:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Nothing like arrogance and having a terminal degree in fake knowledge....

A Human lifetime is very short how fast the time has gone so far.

Judgement day comes for us all sooner or later...

The good news is we have a savior in Jesus Christ were we to avail ourselves of His free gift...

In the end there are only two paths that end up at two very different doors.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:40:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have a fairly high IQ myself, but I only brag about it in certain instances.  I usually do it when one of my liberal friends calls gun owner low IQ neanderthals or something along those lines on Social media.  I'll then challenge them to an IQ test just to watch hilarity ensue.  Of course they know that I will score higher than them on the test and it really pisses them off.  
View Quote
I took the stanford-binet and got a 137 which lands in the "very superior" category.

I have literally only mentioned it to one person, my wife. (well twice now I guess ) There's just no need to talk about intelligence really. If you're smart, people will see it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Because of evolution.  Sorry Adam, sorry Eve.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:41:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Funny, I took note in College that most of the ten-year faculty in the hard sciences and engineering where in fact religious.  Chemistry prof was a prominent leader in his church, physics prof would often quote scripture during an anecdote, my thesis advisor was Sihk, and one of smartest people I've met in my life.

Not saying there weren't non-religious or atheists but if there were they didn't give a shit about what others thought.  

Over on the liberal arts side though... they were ideological atheists, fucking SJW regressive atheists that think people of faith are less than them.

I don't care what you believe as long as your not driving a truck into a crowd of people, or throwing families into an oven.  But those both religious and atheist that want to pick a fight based on differences of belief need to fuck off.

I also remember during my undergraduate commencement the keynote was broadcast from the international space station by an alumn. He said something to the effect of "God Bless, God Speed" and people got pissed off.

Really?  Just fuck off already...
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:41:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Because threads like this tend to go straight into the crapper within a few pages. I didn't report it or anything.

And don't EVER call me 'chief'...

View Quote
You are making this "white guy feel uneasy"
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
so being an atheist similar to being involved with cross fit....you have to tell everyone?
View Quote
Not just tell but throw your smell in their general direction too.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:42:59 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm way smarter than jesus. 
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:43:15 AM EDT
[#31]
It has been my anecdotal experience that oftentimes people who say they are very smart, and do so in a bragging manner, aren't usually as smart as they think they are.

But they just ain't the Atheists..........it can be anyone IMHO.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:43:36 AM EDT
[#32]
You can find pictures of fat stupid people from both sides of this issue.  It doesn't change the core issue of trying to prove a sky daddy exists with zero evidence.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:45:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

"Oh shit! Someone guy started an atheist thread and i cant let my religion be tarnished. Let me post seom retarded christian from youube! thatll show them!"
View Quote
Says the guy posting screen caps of retarded atheists that he searched for on the internet.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:46:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Huxley would scoff at your... less than accurate description.

You do know its better to keep your mouth shut and let people simply think you are an idiot, than open it and confirm it, right?
View Quote
Good for him.

Still doesn't change the fact that my description of agnosticism is factually a correct one.  Agnosticism holds that wisdom of the creator or powers supernatural is unknowable, cannot be tested, etc.  Therefore you calling it the most imperical of those you listed is incorrect, because at its core agnosticism believes that it cannot be known.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Even your keyboard thinks you're retarded, and refuses to play along.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:46:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You can find pictures of fat stupid people from both sides of this issue.  It doesn't change the core issue of trying to prove a sky daddy exists with zero evidence.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/294306/Churchsnake-241256.JPG
View Quote
It's just more about faith. I *choose* to believe in God.

The way I see it, I can either choose to believe in God where there is zero hard evidence......or I can choose to believe everything just popped into existence one day just because, and that we eventually evolved from single cell organisms floating around in a primordial soup. The idea that our reality came into existence for no reason, out of nothing, seems just as unbelievable to me.

It's just faith based. I'm a theist obviously, but you won't catch me trying to *prove* God exists. Because you can't.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
You could have said that a bit nicer!!

I am a believer in Jesus and the overall concept of a Creator.........but it is a belief, I admit I cannot prove it to you by science, etc.

I think most believers feel the same way I do.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It's just more about faith. I *choose* to believe in God.

The way I see it, I can either choose to believe in God where there is zero hard evidence......or I can choose to believe everything just popped into existence one day just because, and that we eventually evolved from single cell organisms floating around in a primordial soup.

It's just faith based. I'm a theist obviously, but you won't catch me trying to *prove* God exists. Because you can't.
View Quote
I'm somewhat in the same boat.  I am a reformed theist.  I tend to lean more agnostic than atheist, but I do bounce back and forth a bit.  I do believe  that no religion on earth has it right, as they all appear to have been created by men to control other men.  If there is a creator I believe he looks at us as more of an ant colony, and doesn't care what happens.  This is a view I will more than likely never change as long as there is a St.Jude's full of little kids stricken with cancer.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I am a believer in Jesus and the overall concept of a Creator.........but it is a belief, I admit I cannot prove it to you by science, etc.

View Quote
I wouldn't feel the need to defend your faith in this thread if I were you.  Nobody is calling it out.  This is just OP screeching and being put in his place for being triggered while browsing message boards.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:53:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Well, at least you're not using a big fat brush to malign all atheists because of a couple online asshats. 
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:54:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I wouldn't feel the need to defend your faith in this thread if I were you.  Nobody is calling it out.  This is just OP screeching and being put in his place for being triggered while browsing message boards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see.......carry on Arfcom.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#42]
One of the things I really value about all the philosophy courses I took in college is that it impressed on me one key point - the greatest minds in history have disagreed, and disagreed profoundly on these types of questions.  Socrates, universalist/deist.  Rene Descartes, devout Catholic.  Nietzsche, atheist.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

IBTL
View Quote
ARF is different from other forums, especially in GD.  

Threads like these don't seem to get locked :)
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:56:48 AM EDT
[#44]
In this thread, Evangelists get triggered by social media Groupthink.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm way smarter than jesus. 
View Quote
The all loving and most merciful god IS GOING TO BURN YOUR GODDAMNED FUCKING ASS IN HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Is this another thread where the OP baits people who don't believe in fairytales then cries about Christian bashing when it goes exactly how he knew it would?

Has anybody changed their religious views yet because of this thread?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Here is another dumb guy talking about God...

"Both Religion and science require a belief in God. For believers, God is in the beginning, and for physicists He is at the end of all considerations… To the former He is the foundation, to the latter, the crown of the edifice of every generalized world view".   -Max Planck
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:59:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Please provide me the rational argument for the existence of emotions such as anger and pain. Prove to me they exist.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Good for him.

Still doesn't change the fact that my description of agnosticism is factually a correct one.  Agnosticism holds that wisdom of the creator or powers supernatural is unknowable, cannot be tested, etc.  Therefore you calling it the most imperical of those you listed is incorrect, because at its core agnosticism believes that it cannot be known.
View Quote

Good for Huxley ay?

Yeah, I mean its not like we should use the definition of agnosticism from the guy that coined the term in the 1st damn place.

Lets just roll with madmike66's idea of what it is, you know, just because.

Bless your heart for trying.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 12:00:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Why does the OP care?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top