Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The brits...sending a tiny unit...running out of ammo...and not having a viable recovery plan, QRF, or internal mobility assets...

That never happens...
View Quote
i chortled.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:00:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If the SAS were out of ammo and throwing rocks and stabbing, why wouldnt the ISIS fighter stay 30 yards back and dump lead.  Why go hand to hand when you have an AK?  Me smells a lot of BS.
View Quote
This, pretty much. Sounds like your typical stolen valor war story.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I am having a hard time believing SAS to be that incompetent, and they have a reputation for lying.
View Quote
All that SAS hate is gonna burn you up inside. kid.

You might not know it but the SAS is nearly as good as the SEALs.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:03:46 PM EDT
[#5]
True or not, the rock thing made me think of some songs.

Rock of Ages
Rock, Rock, Till You Drop
King of Rock
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:06:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Tough mother fuckers
View Quote
God was on their side.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:06:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Kill'em all.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nothing personal with SAS.  They hardly covered themselves in glory in DS or in the Falklands.  

Ironically, I think the SBS to be much more professional and capable.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:08:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i chortled.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The brits...sending a tiny unit...running out of ammo...and not having a viable recovery plan, QRF, or internal mobility assets...

That never happens...
i chortled.
Who will Sean Bean play?
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:14:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

brASS hats sitting in judgement of a combat soldiers action taken in the heat of battle is an abomination.
If he is to be judged it should be done by his fellow soldiers who fought beside at the time.  
View Quote
Concur.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:17:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Do America have any sf that are on par with sas sbs ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The SAS are legit.

I've read on here many members who've worked with them directly saying they are awesome.

I have not, obviously, but they are one of the few SF outside of our own that has my full respect.

That's a great story.

Excellent job Brits.

Do America have any sf that are on par with sas sbs ?
Yes.  But we don't have a press that covers it.

SEALS have to write their own books!
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Nothing personal with SAS.  They hardly covered themselves in glory in DS or in the Falklands.  

Ironically, I think the SBS to be much more professional and capable.
View Quote
So many here mistake hypocrisy for irony.

Your preference for Limey SEALs over Limey Army is deliciously ironic.

As to the topic at hand it might be possible that a member of the SAS team got caught with an empty mag and bad guy at contact distance.

Instead of transition to pistol he opted for transition to puddle and rock.

Who knows?
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So many here mistake hypocrisy for irony.

Your preference for Limey SEALs over Limey Army is deliciously ironic.

As to the topic at hand it might be possible that a member of the SAS team got caught with an empty mag and bad guy at contact distance.

Instead of transition to pistol he opted for transition to puddle and rock.

Who knows?
View Quote
sure.

but surrounded by 50 and 20 left with no ammo and killing the rest in hand to hand?

I am sure they just want to get back to the top of the movie making list.

I do like the canadians carving out a niche of polite snipers shooting people at 3400 meters with a 50 cal.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:24:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Okay. It's like we read one of these every week. How many are real?

"SAS disguised as women ambush ISIS!"

"Sniper kills ISIS executioner as he's about to behead 87 orphans!"

"Sniper shoots jihadi from the International Space Station!"

SAS beats ISIS thug to death with own dick!"
View Quote
Exactly. The only thing surprising about this Daily Mail story is that they didn't say the SAS threw the rocks from 100 yards.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#15]
If true:

If only they had been issued a .308 general issue rifle....then they wouldn't have needed the puddle.....

/sarcasm

This is a prime example why 5.56 and its ability to carry loads of ammo is a great benefit to the soldier.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:27:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
so you non believers keep eating your Cheetos in mom's basement you fat fucks. I guess it's so distant for you since you've never braved the world other than when it was cold(70F) to go get a pepsi and pizza when your mom was out of town and couldn't cover a tip for delivery. Glad she is home now since you have blisters from walking 2 blocks.
View Quote
lololololololol
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:31:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
so you non believers keep eating your Cheetos in mom's basement you fat fucks. I guess it's so distant for you since you've never braved the world other than when it was cold(70F) to go get a pepsi and pizza when your mom was out of town and couldn't cover a tip for delivery. Glad she is home now since you have blisters from walking 2 blocks.
View Quote
4 hour firefight, high temp of around 115-120 this time of year, screw the bodies, show me the puddles.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:44:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Who will Sean Bean play?
View Quote
the guy painting the boathouse at Hereford.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:52:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

sure.

but surrounded by 50 and 20 left with no ammo and killing the rest in hand to hand?

I do like the canadians carving out a niche of polite snipers shooting people at 3400 meters with a 50 cal.
View Quote
My take away is how the foreign press wants their troops to get some credit for the possible win against Obummers JV team.

Embellishment is hardly new but in the not so distant past our supposed allies were not so fond of portraying heroic acts in the war on ISIS.

Possibly I read to much into the almost daily accounts of other than American soldiers do great and heroic deeds in the destruction of ISIS but then again everyone wants to be on the winning team.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
I am going to assume the cheeto eaters are going to buy this more than the BTDT crowd.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:57:12 PM EDT
[#21]
the hero is the guy you never hear about who plans his operations properly, goes out, clubs baby seals, and comes home with all his men without breaking a sweat.

the us military has tons of them.  but we don't seem to care much about those guys.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 7:57:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Based on what, COD?
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 9:08:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Based on what, COD?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based on what, COD?
Real world...a lot of it comes down to budget.

When you can afford a fleet of special helicopters, ISR, worldwide commo with huge bandwidth, world class training centers...it makes a difference.

When you can't, you do a lot of walking around in the mountains wearing a heavy ruck while talking about how real men use paper maps as your trainees die of heat stroke and you repeat "death is nature's way of telling you that you failed selection".

It's not the quality of the people.  It is having the money to select, train, retain, and deploy...

Nobody spends what America spends.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 9:11:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
the hero is the guy you never hear about who plans his operations properly, goes out, clubs baby seals, and comes home with all his men without breaking a sweat.

the us military has tons of them.  but we don't seem to care much about those guys.
View Quote
Not many WWII, Civil War, or even Revolutionary War movies about well lead, well planned OPs against enemies.

That being said Chris Kyle propaganda pretty much fits your description.

We could add in Matt Bissonette and the Ginger SEAL on Fox that KIAed UBL.

We could also add in CAG running Saddam and his psychotic spawn to ground.

As a macro view there are probably not a bunch of movies made about professionals skillfully being professional.

That is not to say subsets of the population don't "care" about pros doing pro stuff.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Didn't they also do a successful bayonet charge in Iraq years ago?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Didn't they also do a successful bayonet charge in Iraq years ago?
Some El Salvadorans did a successful pocket knife charge

......whipped out his goddamned pocket knife and started stabbing the shit out of anyone that came near him. The Iraqis were totally unprepared for some fucking lunatic to start shivving them and were beaten back just as an Allied relief column arrived to secure the area.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 10:02:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Real world...a lot of it comes down to budget.

When you can afford a fleet of special helicopters, ISR, worldwide commo with huge bandwidth, world class training centers...it makes a difference.

When you can't, you do a lot of walking around in the mountains wearing a heavy ruck while talking about how real men use paper maps as your trainees die of heat stroke and you repeat "death is nature's way of telling you that you failed selection".

It's not the quality of the people.  It is having the money to select, train, retain, and deploy...

Nobody spends what America spends.  

View Quote
Again, based on what, what you read about on the internet? You a BTDT? And who are the 'SEALs'? A SEAL takes a shit and there is a documentary.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 10:15:47 PM EDT
[#28]
I just know if I was SAS, i'd keep one rock in my pocket.....for myself.....it would be a high effort suicide, but I'd never be taken by ISIS.

Back to the basement.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 10:35:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Never heard of it. Links?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah.... that didn't actually happen.
It happened a whole bunch in WW2 and Korea by heavily outnumbered U.S. troops. Why is it so difficult to believe it could happen today?
Because the same paper prints stories about all female SAS undercover units shooting their way through IS checkpoints, and troops about to be over run when the enemy was scared off by a loveable military working dog, or an SAS sniper saving prisoners about to be beheaded by blowing he bad guys head off from 2000 yards. It's CNN/Washington Post level journalism (they make shit up).

There is a thread about once a month on the latest made up tale of SAS heroics in the war against IS. And all of it is shit you would see in crappy action movie.
Never heard of it. Links?
My googlefu is weak but here are some whoppers I found after a few minutes of searching, 1.5 mile shot against ISIS sniper by SAS, bet he sent the bullet through the guys scope like in the movies, , one bullet 3 bad guys, slightly different then 3 girls 1 cup. , Our SAS heros save hostages from being burned alive by ISIS and burn the terrorists instead.

I'm fairly certain they just flat make shit up. But you can make money tell people things they want to believe.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 1:39:08 PM EDT
[#30]
I remember him and also this guy , if i remember right he took out about 3 or 4 in some dudes living room
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Alot of these stories are tabloid but "Who Dares Wins"
View Quote
Tabloid?
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Killed him with a fucking puddle.
View Quote
A fucking puddle.

Link Posted: 7/3/2017 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#33]
ok , that was funny
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If true, my first thought is how are they going on a mission that poorly equipped?
View Quote
Doing recon involves a much smaller footprint when dismounted.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Wasn't there recently a story of SAS running out of ammo and killing some isis with a fucking kukri?  If this is propaganda, at least they have their heads in the right place.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 3:36:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Prosecute them for what?
View Quote
Seems to be a popular thing to do nowadays...
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#37]
The used their Final Option...........
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
August 4th.... 6 days
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

4 hour firefight, high temp of around 115-120 this time of year, screw the bodies, show me the puddles.
View Quote
I've spent a combined 2+ years in the ME, and even after it rained I don't remember seeing too many fucking puddles. I'm thinking someone wants to write a book after they ETS.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#40]
There are bitter weeds in England. There will be a good many more when those SBS boys rotate home.

ETA: Huh, the article from The Sun in another thread said it was SBS, but this one says SAS.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Wasn't there recently a story of SAS running out of ammo and killing some isis with a fucking kukri?  If this is propaganda, at least they have their heads in the right place.
View Quote
That I would believe if Gurkhas were behind it...
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 7:56:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 8:00:17 PM EDT
[#43]
The names of those in this thread that actually believed this happened didn't surprise me one bit.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 8:08:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 8:55:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I, for one, was unaware that the UK papers had a habit of exaggerating the feats of SAS/SBS/whatever units. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to the UK press. I read them more lately since our domestic news coverage can be charitably described as dog shit.
View Quote
I made a comment in another thread about the movie 6 Days being a much needed morale booster in their current state of terrorism, but I guess the British media has been doing that all along.

Too bad these recent stories of victory haven't been within their own country.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 9:44:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:08:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are you aware there are people that way because of a severe medical condition?
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:14:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Sounds like BS, but I wanna believe.
View Quote
Yes. I really want this to be true. Fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:17:02 PM EDT
[#49]
That's Awesome !!!

Colour Sgt Bourne for the Win
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Whatcha' drinking?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top