Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/13/2017 10:54:41 PM EDT
Which scene from The Godfather do you enjoy most or sticks out as being the most defining moment in the movie?

Out of all the great memorable scenes in the movie, for me it's the Hospital front entry scene with Micheal and Enzo, the baker. Enzo is trembling so much with fear that he can't light his cigarette with the lighter.  After a few failed attempts, Michael grabs the lighter and with a steady hand, easily lights Enzo's cigarette. Michael stares at the lighter in his hand and pauses.  

That was the defining moment when Michael realized that he had he goods to be apart of the Corleone crime family.

Which scene is your favorite ....?
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:55:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I always fall asleep when I ever I watch them. Can't think of one.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:02:56 PM EDT
[#2]
When Michael comes out of the bathroom and caps Virgil Solozzo and the corrupt Irish police captain.

And "Just when I thought I was out of it, they pull me right back in!" (or something like that)
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:05:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Bloody horse head in bed.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:06:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I've never seen any of the Godfather movies. Do I get my membership revoked?
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:08:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Made it through the first one years ago somehow. Put the second one one and and tried many times just cannot make it through it always pass out or get bored and put something else on. Now Goodfellas I can watch the entire thing.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:08:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Tollbooth
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:08:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've never seen any of the Godfather movies. Do I get my membership revoked?
View Quote
No, but you might end up with a bloody horse head in your bed. ;)
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:09:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I always laugh hysterically when Michael shuts the door, literally, on Kate. I dont know why its so funny.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:11:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And "Just when I thought I was out of it, they pull me right back in!" (or something like that)
View Quote
This one is from Part III.  Which is unfortunate because Part III gets no love from anyone.  I think it could have been a lot better if Coppola hadn't cast his niece to play Michael's daughter.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:14:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Peter: "I did not care for the Godfather" -Funny Scene! [Family Guy] (Check out www.SmurfEmpire.com)
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:15:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This one is from Part III.  Which is unfortunate because Part III gets no love from anyone.  I think it could have been a lot better if Coppola hadn't cast his niece to play Michael's daughter.
View Quote
Would have also helped if Pacino would have gotten out of the stupid character he played in Dick Tracy.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:19:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Joe Pesci at the bar!

"Funny like a clown?  Do I amuse you?"
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:20:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Joe Pesci at the bar!

View Quote
Wrong movie. That was in Home Alone IV.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:27:17 PM EDT
[#14]
When Michael shuts the door in his wife's face
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:28:35 PM EDT
[#15]
2 scenes that are pure awesome!

The "you have to answer for Santino"

&

The vegas scene with Fredo and Moe Greene

Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:31:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Baptism scene when Michael settles old scores...
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:32:06 PM EDT
[#17]
When Paulie gets shot in the back of the head in the car. Especially with the music immediately following.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:35:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Baptism scene when Michael settles old scores...
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:36:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Leave the gun...take the cannoli
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:37:18 PM EDT
[#20]
when Michael's new bride drops the linen on their wedding night...
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:37:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
When Paulie gets shot in the back of the head in the car. Especially with the music immediately following.
View Quote
"Oh, Paulie... won't see him no more."
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:39:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
when Michael's new bride drops the linen on their wedding night...
View Quote
Yep. She should have gotten two Oscars.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:39:17 PM EDT
[#23]
When Michael confronts Carlo.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:44:19 PM EDT
[#24]
I think it was the second one. Old Vito (Brando) was just taking a peaceful stroll, alone, through his neighborhood.

Also liked the scene where a local guy just found out he'd disrespected the new don (young Vito) and was backpeddling.  The look on the crew's faces were priceless as the guy was shitting himself and left.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:46:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 11:55:53 PM EDT
[#26]
The two scenes that you never see anymore.
When this movie first came out and the undertaker wanted justice for his daughter Vito sent two big torpedoes to go and cut the guys balls off.
The second scene was the young girl that the producer Woltz was screwing that Tom viewed on the second floor landing as he was leaving.
I would REALLY like to get a hold of that original and have never understood why it was cut out.
Sorry DVD/Streaming youngsters you missed out again.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:05:40 AM EDT
[#27]
I felt bad for Tessio. The look on his face when he realized he was had. Abe could act. I was sold.

Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:07:52 AM EDT
[#28]
While not really an authentic Godfather movie there is a scene in the film known as Godfather III in which Joey Zasa gets killed........
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:10:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
leave the gun, take the cannolli
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:13:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Yes. All the scenes with this beautiful woman in them.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:17:47 AM EDT
[#31]
I always liked the part where Sonny smashes the photographer's camera and then throws some cash on the ground.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:18:01 AM EDT
[#32]
ITT we find out folks don't seperate the 3 movies.

OP said The Godfather.

And

He is absolutely correct on his scene selection.  

Michael makes his transformation in the hospital scene. He makes the decision to move Vito, enlisting the nurses help. He calculates the psychology of Enzo and the reaction of the soon to be arriving hit men. And he is courageous and shows resolve and dedication to the family when he gets slugged up by the cops. He gets his bonafides. And abandons his fathers ideal of him being legit.

ETA

Or when Sonny bites Carlos hand
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 3:57:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Never even started watching any of them.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 4:40:53 AM EDT
[#34]
The Godfather Luca Brasi Sleeps with the Fishes YouTube cut 1
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 5:24:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Don Vito and Michael Corleone talk

"What's the matter, Pop? What's wrong?"

Such a human moment from the two.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 6:20:34 AM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:10:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Leave the gun...take the cannoli
View Quote
+2
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:18:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Joe Pesci at the bar!

View Quote
Wrong movie...."now go home and get your fucking shine box"
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:19:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Luci Brazi practicing his speech to the godfather at the wedding, every body else just going around him.
The guy must have been a real mafioso. Supposedly he was a truck driver from New Jersey.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:32:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:23:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Luci Brazi practicing his speech to the godfather at the wedding, every body else just going around him.
The guy must have been a real mafioso. Supposedly he was a truck driver from New Jersey.
View Quote
According to the book(or so I've heard.), Luca Brazzi even made Don Corleone nervous when he was around. A true psychopath in every definition of the word.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:30:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
According to the book(or so I've heard.), Luca Brazzi even made Don Corleone nervous when he was around. A true psychopath in every definition of the word.
View Quote
IIRC in the movie, when Luca Brazzi and Don Vito met for Brazzi to give his best wishes on the wedding day, Don Vito was visibly nervous and tried to cover by being exceedingly smily and grateful.  Brando was the bomb in The Godfather.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:39:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
I thought I read that the actor playing Luca Brasi, was definitely not and actor... He was actually a former pro football player, and his wooden acting fit in perfectly to the character.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:40:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Same for me, he got lit up! 
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:51:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The two scenes that you never see anymore.
When this movie first came out and the undertaker wanted justice for his daughter Vito sent two big torpedoes to go and cut the guys balls off.
The second scene was the young girl that the producer Woltz was screwing that Tom viewed on the second floor landing as he was leaving.
I would REALLY like to get a hold of that original and have never understood why it was cut out.
Sorry DVD/Streaming youngsters you missed out again.
View Quote
Speaking of cutouts, the first showing of Dr. No I saw in the theater, circa 1963, Bond shoots the doctor, he falls face down, we get a closeup of his back, (and what was never shown again) Bond slowly pumps 4 more shots into him. Its the only way to be sure.

For the Godfather question, my scene the BIL's foot through the windshield as they strangle him.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:50:48 PM EDT
[#46]
When Clemenza teaches Michael how to cook for 20 guys.

When Brando makes fun of Johnny Fontaine for being a pussy.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 3:38:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
When Clemenza teaches Michael how to cook for 20 guys.

When Brando makes fun of Johnny Fontaine for being a pussy.
View Quote
...finocchio.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 8:20:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Several scenes for me.

When Michael is telling Kate the story of Luca Brasi & the band leader. The look on her face was priceless.

The other is when Michael says, "Senator, you can have my answer now if you wish. My answer is: nothing. Not even the fee for the gaming commission, which I would appreciate if you would pay."

"I knew it was you, Fredo. You broke my heart! You broke my heart!"

Another not-so-well-known movie in which Brando shines is The Freshman, with Mathew Brodrick. He spoofs his Godfather role but still carries some of the character. The film class with Prof. Fleeber rocked. Penelope Ann Miller was SO hot in that movie too. She never wore a bra.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 8:22:15 AM EDT
[#49]
you can act like a man!
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 9:07:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I thought I read that the actor playing Luca Brasi, was definitely not and actor... He was actually a former pro football player, and his wooden acting fit in perfectly to the character.
View Quote
"Prior to becoming an actor, he had a successful career as a professional wrestler as well as an enforcer for the Colombo family."
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top