BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How about a female Thor.  You wanna give up your sweet gig to make that happen?
View Quote
The comics have already changed it to a female

..... and a black captain america
..... and there's a muslim now
..... and marvel outed, I believe Iceman, as gay
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 3:47:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
When it's time to kill the franchise, I agree...
View Quote
FPNI
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:02:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That's exactly what I was thinking. Nothing wrong with a female spy and might even be interesting if they get decent script writers and a decent cast. I really enjoyed the new "Wonder Woman" movie because it was well written and had good actors. In fact, I thought it was better than "Captain America." But, the idea that these idiots come up with to tamper with original movies and movie characters is BS. The new "Equalizer" movie stupidly changed up the title character to a totally different character was garbage. The need to change up the characters and story line for the new "Magnificent Seven" movie was also irritating.

Next, they're going to change up and redo the movie "Patton" and make General George S. Patton a black female General Georgina Suquetia Patton, battling Wehrmacht Field Marshal Erwina Rommel in the battle for Iwo Jima because Japan had already surrendered right after Peal Harbor and Hitler sends his top tank commander Edwina Rommel into the South Pacific to battle the Americans for the Hawaiian Islands and dominance over all of Asia!
View Quote
I'd rather see Catwoman/Halle Berry as General Patton.  Hollywood should fully embrace the "absurd shitshow" genre.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:25:23 PM EDT
[#4]
How about a pre post operation bisexual tranny with AIDS.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:27:18 PM EDT
[#5]
How about a male Wonder Woman?  Wonder Man.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:30:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Actually:

http://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/hostedimages/1439904252i/15901785._SY540_.jpg

Apparently the current Marvel comic writers are hard core SJW types.  Thor is a woman, Iron Man is a 15 year old black girl, Spider Man is half black/half Hispanic and Ms Marvel is a Muslim.  They can't figure out why sales are so low.  The Marvel Studios people are smarter than that, so far.
View Quote
It's cause Stan Lee is nuts..
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#8]
This has already been done.
Her name is Daniele Craig.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
NO IT'S NOT.  James Bond is and always should be a white middle aged British male.  

Create another character.  
View Quote
But but diversity!!!! 

Why must people drone on about how we need a female/black/asian/transgener for this role?  Here's an idea, make a movie exactly like whatever character you're trying to shoehorn some so called "minority" into and see how it does at the box office.  You make a good Spy movie or superhero movie and it will make money. Just because a Spy flick says "as Ian Flemming's James Bond 007" doesn't mean its going to a shit load of money.  They just don't want to take the risk and fail. 
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:44:04 PM EDT
[#10]
She's named Lara Croft and her franchise is so so.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:44:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
link
View Quote

Just no.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:47:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Archer is the best James Bond.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:47:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe transgender and short but Jane Bond?  Chris is joking right?
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:48:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why not make a female secret agent with their own story that would interest people, or is it that hard to be creative these day in hollywood
View Quote
This.

We've got the whole Resident Evil and Tomb Raider franchises not to mention the upcoming Atomic Blond movie. Let's not act like the aren't strong female lead roles out there in the action genre.

Any argument in favor of making James Bond female is actually a veiled attempt to dismantle or make amends for the old Bond that would slap a girl's ass.

It isn't about equity, it's about reparations.

Shame on Hemsworth.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:54:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Wait...does this mean I get to see Charlize Theron in lesbian sex with "Bond girls"?
View Quote
That is basically the plot of Atomic Blond.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:57:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Fuck what Chris Hemsworth thinks, if he wants to dream up a different character he should write his own book.  

Ian Fleming was very detailed in his description and history of James Bond.  

Bond was a white Scotsman whose mother was French and his father was Scottish.

This is a sketch Fleming had someone draw  of Bond.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:58:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Why not make a female secret agent with their own story that would interest people, or is it that hard to be creative these day in hollywood
View Quote
THIS.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:02:01 PM EDT
[#18]
The names Bond..... Jane Bond. hahaha no thanks
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:06:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Female James huh?  That's creative.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Could be worse. Daniel Craig said it's time for a homosexual James Bond and he'd like to play the role.

If that ain't a hint I don't know what is.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Excellent response.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:13:23 PM EDT
[#22]
It's called Atomic Blonde
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#23]
They made the new Dr Who a woman.  Series is dead to me.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Female James huh?  That's creative.
View Quote
As is Hollywood, with they're never ending portrayals of women as high speed operator types, with martial arts skills galore, kicking ass on big ol' mean white guys.

In reality, the number of women in these professions is probably 0.01%.

And the women who know something about this thing, in sports and other professions, will invariably say, "Hell no, I don't want to fight the men. They're way too aggressive, strong, and fast."

So, Jane Bond as spy, why not? Jane Bond as a replacement for the James Bond character with all his ass kicking ability, please...
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:11:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Please, I've been trying to forget that abomination.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Exactly.

How about an R-rated Modesty Blaise? (Lol, anyone else remember that oldie?)
Please, I've been trying to forget that abomination.
Lol, guess I should've been more specific.

I'm not talking about the old crapfest of a movie, I meant just as JB came from Ian Fleming's novels, I'd love to see an R-rated Modesty Blaise movie franchise based off the old comics (you know, the ones where one of her favorite tactics was to flash the bad guys her fantastic knockers to distract them, then kick their asses).

She was as much of a slut/spy as JB was a manwhore.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:29:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
How about a male Wonder Woman?  Wonder Man.
View Quote
That movie is coming out later this year.

Professor Marston & the Wonder Women Trailer #1 (2017) | Movieclips Trailer
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:20:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
When it's time to kill the franchise, I agree...
View Quote
I agree 100%.

This is from a fan who has watched every film in the franchise multiple times.  Beginning in 1995, I've seen every new movie in the theater the week it was released.

If the fuckers ever try to turn Bond into something other than a cold blooded, womanizing, man's man, I'll never watch another.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:41:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not really I'm rarely impressed by woman pretending to be bad ass in movies. It usually comes off unrealistic. Not always though I guess.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top