Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2017 2:35:26 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered 755 U.S. diplomats to leave the country in a Sunday interview with a Russian television station.

The diplomats must leave the country by Sept. 1, The New York Times reported.

"We waited for quite some time that maybe something will change for the better, had such hope that the situation will somehow change, but, judging by everything, if it changes, it will not be soon," Putin said regarding U.S.-Russia relations, according to The Times.

The expulsion comes in response to legislation overwhelmingly passed by Congress last week that would increase sanctions against Russia and blocks President Trump from being able to lift the measures.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/344532-putin-expels-755-us-diplomats-from-russia?amp
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 2:42:44 PM EDT
[#1]
This call is for 755 diplomats.
How many diplomats do we have in Russia?
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 2:45:49 PM EDT
[#2]
How was the wheat harvest?
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 2:47:00 PM EDT
[#3]
They must have had ties to Russia.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 2:47:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Cutting Government Bureaucracy Americans Won't.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This call is for 755 diplomats.
How many diplomats do we have in Russia?
View Quote
Well, 740 of them are probably spies.  The other 15 work in the embassy cafeteria.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#7]
BUT MUH RUSSIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 2:49:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks. Should save us $$$ now.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 2:50:18 PM EDT
[#9]
It's astounding to me how the Republican and Democrat parties are totally united on the fact that we really really really really must hate Russia, because reasons. I cannot imagine how any sane person could think that Vladimir Putin is worse than, say, Angela Merkel. Merkel and those like her are the ones who pose an existential threat to West civilization, by allowing the shittiest shitbirds on earth to colonize Western nations, and then attempting to bully the European nations that quite sensibly don't want to take any "refugees" into compliance.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 2:52:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I had no idea we had that many "diplomats" in Russia....Do we have consulate in very town?
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 2:53:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe its because Putin wants all Obama/Clinton Diplomats out of his country.

Hillderbeast lost and all deals with the Beast are off the table. He also ants the free loaders out.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#12]
US has about 1100 people working for the US embassy and consulates in Russia, but that number includes Russian nationals.  So if taken on it's face, that would be 80%+ reduction in number - but it's not clear whether the number includes American dependents.  That would reduce the total of actual diplomats.

Regardless, I'm guessing we're going to cut down on number of Russian spies diplomats in US as well.  It's time to close the consulates on the West Coast (no more spying on Silicon Valley, thank you very much) and reimpose the 20 mile travel limit outside Washington D.C
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 2:55:06 PM EDT
[#13]
IBTL
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's astounding to me how the Republican and Democrat parties are totally united on the fact that we really really really really must hate Russia, because reasons. I cannot imagine how any sane person could think that Vladimir Putin is worse than, say, Angela Merkel. Merkel and those like her are the ones who pose an existential threat to West civilization, by allowing the shittiest shitbirds on earth to colonize Western nations, and then attempting to bully the European nations that quite sensibly don't want to take any "refugees" into compliance.
View Quote
You don't understand how a strong arm thug dictator murderous shitbag authoritarian is worse than a limp-wrist centrist whom you happen disagree with?

Since Trump's romance with Putin is over, there's an open position...
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thanks. Should save us $$ now.
View Quote
Especially if we expel the same number of Russians. Did you know we pay for Russians' medical treatment in US?  Yup, the embassy workers all claim that they make under $1000/month and should get free medical care in America. The embassy provides them with fake documents confirming this.  Even when DoJ gets some proof that they make more, they claim diplomatic immunity and get away with it scot free.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 3:10:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. People think Vladimir Putin is the boogeyman with all this Russia bulls*** flying around. I wouldn't trust Putin, however I would be more worried about all the fake news and how so many organizations have or will conspire to take down Trump. Trump shouldn't trust anyone in Washington D.C.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 3:10:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Locked: Dupe, see links above
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top