Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:32:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Following the idea that Morty is Rick...

What if Rick, in typical Rick fashion is somehow back in time to actually try and resolve issues with his parents. (Beth and Jerry....)
View Quote
That actually makes sense. He went back in time to turn his father from a spineless doormat to something... less spineless and doormatty. I also am somewhat of belief that Rick is future Morty.

Maybe all Ricks find their Mortys because Ricks (Mortys) go back in time to themselves to improve their lives, I mean if you could go back in time to make yourself better, you would, I think everyone would. That, and Ricks always know where to find their Mortys because they already were them, they knew where they were in particular times in their lives.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:33:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Jerry episodes suck, that's why there's Jerry day care.

Writing this season is crap.
View Quote
My gut reaction to every episode except the first one and Pickle Rick was, originally, a solid "Meh" except for the Mad Max episode.  I thought that one fell flat.

Then I realized the episodes seem like they last 5 minutes.   Then I watched them again and find I like them a little more.    I don't know.

I still enjoy them but the writing is definitely different.     
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:46:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Doesn't Doofus Rick prove that Rick isn't future Morty?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:49:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Doesn't Doofus Rick prove that Rick isn't future Morty?
View Quote
Also the first Morty in any reality wouldn't have a Rick to guide them, so they'd never become a genius who invents time travel and goes back to mentor their past self.

ETA: Also #2, assuming Rick is actually Beth's dad, as we're told, he'd also be her son. So he's his own grandfather and fucked his own grandma. Which means that the younger Morty's genes are different than the original Morty/Rick who had an unknown maternal grandfather. Which then means they're not really the same person. Maybe that's why Morty is retarded though, inbreeding and all.

Now maybe Rick isn't actually Morty's grandpa, in which case that doesn't apply.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:56:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Also the first Morty in any reality wouldn't have a Rick to guide them, so they'd never become a genius who invents time travel and goes back to mentor their past self.
View Quote
Except that, there being infinite realities, there are infinite chances for Morty to discover time travel on his own. Also, being infinite realities, means at least one reality where Rick is Morty.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:00:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Except that, there being infinite realities, there are infinite chances for Morty to discover time travel on his own. Also, being infinite realities, means at least one reality where Rick is Morty.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they go with that rationale they can justify absolutely anything I guess.

I think it would be overly contrived and hope this isn't the route they're going with it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:11:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

ETA: Also #2, assuming Rick is actually Beth's dad, as we're told, he'd also be her son. So he's his own grandfather and fucked his own grandma. Which means that the younger Morty's genes are different than the original Morty/Rick who had an unknown maternal grandfather. Which then means they're not really the same person. Maybe that's why Morty is retarded though, inbreeding and all.

Now maybe Rick isn't actually Morty's grandpa, in which case that doesn't apply.
View Quote
I've always kind of figured that Rick isn't really Beth's dad, since Beth didn't even seem to really remember him well (at least the way I saw it). This goes along nicely with the "Rick is Morty" theory. They talk about how Rick just "showed up out of the blue" one day after a long absence.
The main inconsistency with this theory, however, is Birdperson dying. Morty couldn't have a history with Birdperson since he dies while Morty is still young. This also would explain Rick's absence from the family, if he and his rebels were off fighting against the Federation in some kind of black-ops warfare.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:25:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Mortys are dispensable\expendable\replaceable.  

Everyone is. Morty more so because of Rick's ability(dimension travel) and need.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:27:34 PM EDT
[#9]
While it is a silly rabbit hole....

Does the stadium full of cheering Rick dads sound like Jerry?  :)

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-gHgcmFB6Q
View Quote
Rick is future Morty.  I believe it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:41:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Noob Noob is most likely the same species as Stealy, Mr. Poopy Butthole, and the tarded Pilot from Ball Fondlers.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:17:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My gut reaction to every episode except the first one and Pickle Rick was, originally, a solid "Meh" except for the Mad Max episode.  I thought that one fell flat.

Then I realized the episodes seem like they last 5 minutes.   Then I watched them again and find I like them a little more.    I don't know.

I still enjoy them but the writing is definitely different.     
View Quote
I'm still laughing my ass off, especially for the first episode, pickle Rick and the Wirly Dirly episode. I felt like there was a lot of character development in the last episode (Wirly Dirly). It still seems like the same show to me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:40:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-gHgcmFB6Q
View Quote
Rick says he wants the stands packed with every man that remotely resembles his father.

Jerry doesn't wear glasses or look like those guys, any other character wear a tie and glasses?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 2:27:48 AM EDT
[#14]
The intro starts weird as fuck  I'm still in the beginning but I think it's going to be dark.

Edit:  Yeah, that was pretty fucked up but funny.  Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 8/28/2017 2:41:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 2:49:29 AM EDT
[#16]
The first two and a half minutes of tonight's episode was one of the funniest pre-credits intros I've seen in a long time! I was laughing my ass off! 
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 2:51:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'm still laughing my ass off, especially for the first episode, pickle Rick and the Wirly Dirly episode. I felt like there was a lot of character development in the last episode (Wirly Dirly). It still seems like the same show to me.
View Quote
I had the same reaction to tonight's episode as I did with most of the others:  A solid "meh" the first time I watched it only the entire episode felt like it was 5 minutes long.

Then I liked it the second time I watched it.  I re-watched some of the older episodes that were "meh" to me and, like you, was laughing my ass off.   I think something's broken in my head.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 2:51:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The intro starts weird as fuck  I'm still in the beginning but I think it's going to be dark.

Edit:  Yeah, that was pretty fucked up but funny.  Click To View Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBDzYXbcSmM
View Quote
Right on
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The first two and a half minutes of tonight's episode was one of the funniest pre-credits intros I've seen in a long time! I was laughing my ass off! 
View Quote
I missed it last night but set the dvr to record the 4am repeat as I passed out

I so got drawn into Rick & Morty a few weeks ago and its the toon I'll watch
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#20]
What a brilliant fucking show. Harmon and Roiland have no equals.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#21]
The writing this season sucks. I quit after the third episode.

Dan Harmon thinks I'm a Nazi and I probably should be exterminated.

He can eat shit, I'm not watching anymore of his garbage.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
im sure the first line has nothing to do with the second line.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:05:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Allegedly they went out and hired a bunch of female writers for season 3 because equality.

People were already worried the quality was going to decline and it seems like their concern may have been somewhat justified.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/rick-and-morty-creators-how-hiring-female-writers-made-season-3-the-best-yet

"Part of that renewed creative energy, Harmon says, came from a gender-balanced writers’ room, the first in the show’s history. “We had that for this season and I thought the results were really good because it meant that both the men and the women could increase their attention on Beth and Summer [Morty’s mom and teenage sister],” Harmon explains. In a room of three men and three women, “nobody represents any gender because if nobody outnumbers anybody else, then nobody’s an ambassador to anything.”

“When you have a mixed room, it’s not about the women going, ‘Here’s a bunch of secrets about women,’” he says. “It’s more about everyone being freer to just pitch randomness. So the result is you see cool stuff happen with Beth and Summer this season.” It’s an ideal that most TV writers’ rooms have yet to try to achieve."

The show's not called "Rick and Morty and Beth and Summer". Beth is a terribly weak character and Summer is only marginally better.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:14:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:42:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Allegedly they went out and hired a bunch of female writers for season 3 because equality.

People were already worried the quality was going to decline and it seems like their concern may have been somewhat justified.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/rick-and-morty-creators-how-hiring-female-writers-made-season-3-the-best-yet

"Part of that renewed creative energy, Harmon says, came from a gender-balanced writers’ room, the first in the show’s history. “We had that for this season and I thought the results were really good because it meant that both the men and the women could increase their attention on Beth and Summer [Morty’s mom and teenage sister],” Harmon explains. In a room of three men and three women, “nobody represents any gender because if nobody outnumbers anybody else, then nobody’s an ambassador to anything.”

“When you have a mixed room, it’s not about the women going, ‘Here’s a bunch of secrets about women,’” he says. “It’s more about everyone being freer to just pitch randomness. So the result is you see cool stuff happen with Beth and Summer this season.” It’s an ideal that most TV writers’ rooms have yet to try to achieve."

The show's not called "Rick and Morty and Beth and Summer". Beth is a terribly weak character and Summer is only marginally better.
View Quote
On one hand I think the recent episode where Summer gets turned inside out while being made into a giant was pretty funny.

The reason as to why it happened is pretty classic as well.

Then to have Beth wind up doing the same thing to appologize...

I think that is something that only a female would do and maybe the female writers contributed that.

But the machine, the 3 little help line tech support guys imprisoned within the machine and then being released only for Morty to flip his shit and drop some reality...

THAT IS WHAT RICK & MORTY IS ABOUT.    I dont care who comes up with the hair brained mad scientist shit as long as they have Rick being Rick and Morty being Morty.

And Dan Harmon is a moron.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Having rickdrawls.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#27]
The ultraviolence in the pickle rick episode is going to be hard to top for pure spectacle value.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 4:02:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The ultraviolence in the pickle rick episode is going to be hard to top for pure spectacle value.
View Quote
Loved the single shot AA battery cartridges and reloads.  Really sold me on the realism of an office printer based laser cannon being carried by a bionic rat pickle.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:21:38 AM EDT
[#29]
You're pitching the Policeman's ball to a black teenager.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:26:49 AM EDT
[#30]
This explains the worthlessness of the gd.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:30:05 AM EDT
[#31]
So, is "President Morty" the Morty that was controlling the Rick who had thousands of Mortys being tortured to hide his "Rick signature"....?

It seems like they were implying something like that.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:40:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So, is "President Morty" the Morty that was controlling the Rick who had thousands of Mortys being tortured to hide his "Rick signature"....?

View Quote
It wasnt just an implication. Thats him.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:45:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It wasnt just an implication. Thats him.
View Quote
Yep.

In the background there was a picture of him with an eye patch just like he had on in that episode.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:46:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yep.

In the background there was a picture of him with an eye patch just like he had on in that episode.
View Quote
I missed that. Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:49:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I missed that. Thank you.
View Quote
I missed that also.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:57:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Too bad he is a nutters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKvsLLfRpLs
View Quote
yeah I'm pretty surprised a show by that guy would be so popular here.  What's next?  A thread about The View?
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:14:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Best TV show of all time.

Tonights episode is the best I have ever seen.

Right up there with shawshank redemption good in its own way.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:23:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yup.    Deep Throat Rick gave former campaign manager Morty the pictures that showed "Evil" Morty which is why he tried to assassinate him.  

I think the pictures at the end leave no doubt that is what happened.   
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:24:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Best TV show of all time.

Tonights episode is the best I have ever seen.

Right up there with shawshank redemption good in its own way.
View Quote
Shawshank fucked up the tax law of that day.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:25:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You're pitching the Policeman's ball to a black teenager.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:29:07 AM EDT
[#41]
That episode had a lot of shit going on. I might need to give it a second watch.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:31:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:31:49 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote
"Thanks Noob Noob."   
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:34:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
"Thanks Noob Noob."   
View All Quotes
Quoted:
"Thanks Noob Noob."   
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 2:03:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
yeah I'm pretty surprised a show by that guy would be so popular here.  What's next?  A thread about The View?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Too bad he is a nutters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKvsLLfRpLs
I don't understand it either. 
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 2:59:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This explains the worthlessness of the gd.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 3:17:34 AM EDT
[#47]
My cat got locked in the office today and got schwifty on the floor.  

Season 3 still free on adult swim, or did they get rid of that?
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:10:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Did anyone else dislike last nights episode?
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
It wasn't some laugh riot or something, but it was necessary. They are pretty clearly setting the stage for a lot of stuff. Same with birdman being revived from earlier in the season.  Lots of things staging.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:41:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It wasn't some laugh riot or something, but it was necessary. They are pretty clearly setting the stage for a lot of stuff. Same with birdman being revived from earlier in the season.  Lots of things staging.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah there is some shit coming.  Especailly gonna be good after the last few lines Rick had of never having to worry about Rick Central ever again!
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top