BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2017 1:30:08 PM EDT
Former U.N. Amb. Power Unmasked ‘Hundreds’ In Final Year Of Obama Admin

Former U.N. Amb. Power Unmasked ‘Hundreds’ In Final Year Of Obama Admin
Congress moves closer to detailing potentially illicit national security leaks

TWEET
EMAIL
Former United States Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha PowerFormer United States Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power / Getty Images

BY: Adam Kredo  
August 2, 2017 4:57 pm

Former United Nations Ambassador Samantha Power is believed to have made "hundreds" of unmasking requests to identify individuals named in classified intelligence community reports related to Trump and his presidential transition team, according to multiple sources who said the behavior is unprecedented for an official in her position.

Power was first identified by the Washington Free Beacon last month as a central figure in a congressional investigation into efforts by senior Obama administration officials to obtain classified intelligence information in what many allege was an effort to undermine President Donald Trump and his incoming national security team.

Power is believed to be the anonymous official responsible for "hundreds of unmasking requests during the final year of the Obama administration," according to current and former U.S. officials who spoke to the Free Beacon about the ongoing investigation.

Efforts by the former Obama administration to obtain the names of Trump allies included in raw intelligence reports have fueled speculation that subsequent leaks to the press were orchestrated by the former administration and its allies in a bid to damage the current White House and smear Trump's most senior confidantes.

Rep. Devin Nunes (R., Calif.), chair of the House Intelligence Committee, which is handling the probe, petitioned Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats last week to request his help in addressing the unmasking issue.

Nunes disclosed in his letter that the former Obama administration had "easy access" to sensitive classified information and that they may have used it to "achieve partisan political purposes, including the selective, anonymous leaking of such information."

Congressional investigators uncovered that "one official [whose] position has no apparent intelligence-related function"—now believed to be Power—"made hundreds of unmasking requests during the final year of the Obama administration."

Little justification was provided for the request of this sensitive classified information, which government insiders described as outside the purview of a U.N. ambassador.

"Of those requests, only one offered a justification that was not boilerplate and articulated why that specific official required the personal information for the performance of his or her official duties," according to Nunes.

One former senior U.S. official intimately familiar with the national security infrastructure told the Free Beacon that Power would have little reason to be requesting such information, particularly information that included in raw intelligence reports related to Trump and his team.

"Asking for an unmasking is rare at the [National Security Council] or the State Department. It is frankly shocking that anyone would be asking for dozens, and if there are really hundreds it is indefensible," said the former official. "It does make me wonder why [National Security Agency] didn't stop her [Power], by questioning this practice and getting the head of NSA to raise it with the president or the national security adviser."
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:34:46 PM EDT
[#1]
So is this bitch the fall girl now?
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:37:05 PM EDT
[#2]
So they could literally have the identities of hundreds of assets. That's serious leverage.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So they could literally have the identities of hundreds of assets. That's serious leverage.
View Quote
No, it's an act of war... 
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:43:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
If we can't get the ring leaders, I'd be happy to get this clown.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:45:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Rumor is that Sessions is going to hand out indictments like Halloween candy tomorrow.

We'll see.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
She a big playa. Key component in the Arab Spring in Libya. Cas Sunstein is her beard. Huge fan of 'moderate' Jihadis. Shaker and a mover in Obama admin. Mostly foreign affairs. PROGRESSIVE
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:47:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Rumor is that Sessions is going to hand out indictments like Halloween candy tomorrow.

We'll see.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#8]
When you read her resume, it is even more absurd.  Samantha Power started off as a journalist.  She was a war correspondent in Yugoslavia.  Then she goes to Harvard as an academic.  She is then appointed by Obama to be the U.N. Ambassador.  She has zero experience in the intelligence community.  She has zero basis to question why the intelligence professionals initially chose to mask or unmask certain names.  

So why is she second-guessing the decisions of the intelligence community?
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:50:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We'll see.
View Quote
Let me guess it will break on social media first around 11 eastern?
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:51:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
When you read her resume, it is even more absurd.  Samantha Power started off as a journalist.  She was a war correspondent in Yugoslavia.  Then she goes to Harvard as an academic.  She is then appointed by Obama to be the U.N. Ambassador.  She has zero experience in the intelligence community.  She has zero basis to question why the intelligence professionals initially chose to mask or unmask certain names.  

View Quote
The key foreign policy guy in Obama's administration was Ben Rhodes, would be fiction writer.

Powers is exceptionally qualified by Obama admin standards.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Its name was BadSelfEater
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
She's a super feminist. Rules don't apply. Like Hillary.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We'll see.
View Quote
AG Session does or he is a pussy.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Do we even have enough rope for all of these fucks?
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

We'll see.
View Quote
lol...
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

We'll see.
View Quote
I'll add this to the "GD Magic 8-Ball" cheat sheet I have.  It also includes such greatness as Trump Ditching Sessions for Guiliani...
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#17]
If this is true then everyone involved needs to spend the rest of their life in prison.

And not some cushy club fed prison either.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 2:38:48 PM EDT
[#18]
In before the NeverTrumpers.

Link Posted: 8/3/2017 2:46:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We'll see.
View Quote
About time if true, but yeah ... we'll see.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 2:48:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The key foreign policy guy in Obama's administration was Ben Rhodes, would be fiction writer.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got to admit that the Obama administration may have hired unqualified people but they were fiercely loyal and did a great job of destroying this country which is what obama wanted.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 3:03:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
In before the NeverTrumpers.

View Quote
So close
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 3:11:05 PM EDT
[#22]
I still don't get why Powers is knee deep in this stuff. I know she's married to Sunstein but it just doesn't make sense why she was doing so much unmasking.

Maybe someone was just using her name on the request sheets?
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 3:15:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another tie between radical feminism and terrorism? 
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 3:18:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We'll see.
Send him a pink hat.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
But Rhodes' brother is the head of ABC News, so there's that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 3:32:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I still don't get why Powers is knee deep in this stuff. I know she's married to Sunstein but it just doesn't make sense why she was doing so much unmasking.

Maybe someone was just using her name on the request sheets?
View Quote
She's knee deep in all of the EU/ UN shit. Arab Spring  Libya was a springboard for changing the ME and kicking in the mass refugee migration into Europe. I would imagine she could have claimed "the Russians" in a lot of the Libya stuff and Ukraine. Ambassador to UN.

She was instrumental in getting the UN to invade a member state to depose a 'dictator' under R2P. First and last time that has ever happened. Libya, then Syria.

Samantha Power on Aleppo: 'Is there nothing that can shame you?'

IOW, she exercised her power as a special lesbian feminist to stretch the rules of the IC surveillance  to include her because she knows, talks about and talks to "Russians". She did this at the end of last year. it was their hail Mary to help Hillary gain the throne.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 3:34:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Progressivism is bureaucratic terrorism under the guise of progress for humanity. Feminism brought us here.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 3:37:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Yep, Ill believe it when I see it. But that's the rumor.

I don't know why they would do it on a Friday either.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 3:55:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Links or proof of indictment rumor mill?
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 4:03:15 PM EDT
[#30]
If this was you or me, they would have already perp-walked us.

Arrest her.  Sit her down and explain that Club Fed has lifetime plans for her.  If she talks, reduce sentence accordingly.  If not, send her down.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 4:14:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

We'll see.
View Quote
that would be outstanding if true
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I've got to admit that the Obama administration may have hired unqualified people but they were fiercely loyal and did a great job of destroying this country which is what obama wanted.
View Quote

Chicago style politics.

Fierce loyalty is driven by two things:
1) Having leverage to use against anyone who gets out of line, generally coming from the illegal kickbacks/activities you have them participating in
2) The fear of ending up being shot twice in the back in a failed robbery.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Underlings will take the fall, as usual.  You'd think these people would keep anything and everything possible to ensure that if they go down, superiors go down as well.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Underlings will take the fall, as usual.  You'd think these people would keep anything and everything possible to ensure that if they go down, superiors go down as well.
View Quote
It works like a pyramid scheme.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 4:34:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If this was you or me, they would have already perp-walked us.

Arrest her.  Sit her down and explain that Club Fed has lifetime plans for her.  If she talks, reduce sentence accordingly.  If not, send her down.
View Quote
Life sentence?

How about a firing squad for treason against the United States? Because that's what she committed, and frankly, she'd better serve Obama, Hillary, or someone else at the very top on a silver platter if she wants to get off with only 25 years.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Progressivism is bureaucratic terrorism under the guise of progress for humanity. Feminism brought us here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A-fucking-men!
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 6:16:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We'll see.
Lol. Just fucking lol. 

Sessions is a worthless fuck. 

PROTECT YOUR PRESIDENT, YOU WORTHLESS FUCK. Prove me wrong. Make me eat my words. I BEG you. 

Indictments will be against doctors prescribing opioids, or medical Devil's Lettuce, or some such shit. 
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 6:16:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sounds like it. Bull shit she had anything to do with it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 6:17:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
My question is why didn't the IC tell her to fuck off?  What possible reason could a UN ambassador give for having NTK for anything like that?
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Lol. Just fucking lol. 

PROTECT YOUR PRESIDENT, YOU WORTHLESS FUCK. Prove me wrong. Make me eat my words. I BEG you. 

Indictments will be against doctors prescribing opioids, or medical Devil's Lettuce, or some such shit. 
View Quote
This. If Sessions had any intention of doing anything other than protecting the other criminals in DC he'd have pulled Debbie Wasserman Shults brother off the Pakistani IT guys case so quick his head would still be spinning.

Any hope of Sessions being anything but a coconspirator with the swamp is a waste of time.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
My question is why didn't the IC tell her to fuck off?  What possible reason could a UN ambassador give for having NTK for anything like that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This. If Sessions had any intention of doing anything other than protecting the other criminals in DC he'd have pulled Debbie Wasserman Shults brother off the Pakistani IT guys case so quick his head would still be spinning.

Any hope of Sessions being anything but a coconspirator with the swamp is a waste of time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol. Just fucking lol. 

Sadly this.  

When he was 1st appointed, I had high hopes for the DOJ.

Now Jeff sessions is the biggest disappointment of the Trump administration.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top