Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:37:01 PM EDT
[#2]
They come after the confederate graves here, the grass will grow a little taller.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:37:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I missed that fixating on details.

Thanks dude.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read it as rural versus urban.

The statue was merely the symbolism of urban anarachy.  
I missed that fixating on details.

Thanks dude.
Eh, entirely possible you were right the first time.

Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:38:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:39:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I know that pointing this out makes me a Commie-loving Antifa America hater or something, but consider what these statues might actually be about.

A lot of these Confederate memorials went up during two eras - Jim Crow (1890's to 1930's), and the Civil Rights Era (1950's and 60's). They weren't put up because a bunch of crippled Confederate veterans scraped together their last dimes to remember their beloved commanders. The statues were put up by state legislatures in large numbers during two very specific racially charged periods.

You can theorize about the motives, I suppose. Many people think they were put up to serve as physical reminders so that everyone would know their place, and stay in it. Other people think they are memorials to battlefield valor and heritage. The timing, though, seems a little suspicious - not enough to damn by itself, but context is important.

You can look at the dates yourself, see what you think.

List of monuments and memorials of the Confederate States of America

What do I think? I'd say quietly retire them before or after the protests have died down. Let them go to private collections, or perhaps some well-heeled alt-Right nottanazi can open the "Otto Skorzeny Memorial Museum for Warriors of Dubious Causes". Don't let them turn into victory points for Nazis or Commies. And yes, 99% of the controversy is being ginned up by the left, the Dems, and the media for political advantage. I get that. I don't know what to do about that.
View Quote
Suing in court is one thing, but what they did in Durham is criminal and completely unacceptable as a nation.  

How, why, and when the statues were placed is only relevant in civil court, not in the mob courts.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:39:42 PM EDT
[#6]
The police didn't stop the vandalism?

Are they worth a damn?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Where the FUCK ARE THE COPS?!?!?!
This is bullshit! This is gonna bring out so much hate...they aint gonna like how its gonna go down.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:40:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Holy shit you ever oil that 1911?
View Quote
Looks worse than it really is,but yeah it could use a good scrubbing
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
THAT boils my blood
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meanwhile in Seattle,, no one is tearing this down

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/lenin.jpg
THAT boils my blood
Private property if I recall. Had it been publicly funded I'd agree. I'm about as annoyed as someone who flies their own Nazi flag. Idiots, but it is their right.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:43:10 PM EDT
[#10]
We've lost, even when we won fair and square, legally.

For all the Rights "racism" we certainly didn't act like this when Obama and the Dems were fucking us for 8 years, we should have.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:43:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Are they worth a damn?
View Quote
The Police have been cowed into submission, its taken a long time, but it finally happened.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:44:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Private property if I recall. Had it been publicly funded I'd agree. I'm about as annoyed as someone who flies their own Nazi flag. Idiots, but it is their right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THAT boils my blood
Private vs. public matters not.   What they did was wrong and cannot should not be excused.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:44:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anyone still feeling sympathy for this scum yet?
View Quote
lol

Half the people here felt sorry for that chick in Charlottesville over the weekend.

Is it really any wonder why the police don't want anything to do with this?

Those same people would be all up in arms if LE had to use a legitimate level of force against these fuckheads.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:44:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Private vs. public matters not.   What they did was wrong and cannot be excused.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THAT boils my blood
Private vs. public matters not.   What they did was wrong and cannot be excused.
So Commies care about Private Property now? Why should we.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:46:20 PM EDT
[#16]
They will be burning books soon.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:46:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

6) Attacking or insulting a member(s) in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have the right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner. This rule also includes posting disparaging remarks about a member's family.

Mods?
View Quote
Cool it. If I hurt your feelings then hurry up and decide if you're an American or not. I never insulted any of you and I have no intention of triggering you.

But why should I be ok with some of you force-feeding me your tolerance for the pro-slavery secessionist that divided the United States of America?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:47:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Cool it. If I hurt your feelings then hurry up and decide if you're an American or not. I never insulted any of you and I have no intention of triggering you.

But why should I be ok with some of you force-feeding me your tolerance for the pro-slavery secessionist that divided the United States of America?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

6) Attacking or insulting a member(s) in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have the right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner. This rule also includes posting disparaging remarks about a member's family.

Mods?

Ohhhhh shit now!

Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:48:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Is this one of those "The South will rise again" posts?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hmmm. 30 min from Durham. Too bad these retards won't pop off anywhere near me.

Could be sporty.  But they won't get anywhere near farmland, Yamamoto knew the deal.
I'm as Yankee as Yankee can be.  This ain't about the South.  Eventually they'll decide since Mary Todd's family owned slaves that Lincoln somehow benefited from Slavery, and his statues must go.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:48:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That shit sure as hell wouldn't fly here in Taylorsville.
View Quote
Take the meth, opioids and ebt away. See what happens. I'm 13mins from Taylorsville.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Its the law, we are a nation of laws.   Civil court was the way to go, not this.  

If this stands then what else can they get away with ?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:49:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm as Yankee as Yankee can be.  This ain't about the South.  Eventually they'll decide since Mary Todd's family owned slaves that Lincoln somehow benefited from Slavery, and his statues must go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hmmm. 30 min from Durham. Too bad these retards won't pop off anywhere near me.

Could be sporty.  But they won't get anywhere near farmland, Yamamoto knew the deal.
Just wait, eventually they are gonna be going after Washington and Jefferson. They already started on Andy Jackson.

Eventually they will get to the WWI, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam monuments.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:50:27 PM EDT
[#23]
If this is tolerated...it's past time to start tearing down left wing statues as well.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:51:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Its the law, we are a nation of laws.   Civil court was the way to go, not this.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THEY ARE GETTING AWAY WITH IT.

Thats the Point.

We aren't a Nation of Laws, we are living in Anarcho-Tyranny.

THE LAW ONLY APPLIES TO US AND WILL BE VIGOROUSLY ENFORCED.
Sam Francis:

What we have in this country today, then, is both anarchy (the failure of the state to enforce the laws) and, at the same time, tyranny—the enforcement of laws by the state for oppressive purposes; the criminalization of the law-abiding and innocent through exorbitant taxation, bureaucratic regulation, the invasion of privacy, and the engineering of social institutions, such as the family and local schools; the imposition of thought control through “sensitivity training” and multiculturalist curricula, “hate crime” laws, gun-control laws that punish or disarm otherwise law-abiding citizens but have no impact on violent criminals who get guns illegally, and a vast labyrinth of other measures. In a word, anarcho-tyranny.

The laws that are enforced are either those that extend or entrench the power of the state and its allies and internal elites … or else they are the laws that directly punish those recalcitrant and “pathological” elements in society who insist on behaving according to traditional norms—people who do not like to pay taxes, wear seat belts, or deliver their children to the mind-bending therapists who run the public schools; or the people who own and keep firearms, display or even wear the Confederate flag, put up Christmas trees, spank their children, and quote the Constitution or the Bible—not to mention dissident political figures who actually run for office and try to do something about mass immigration by Third World populations.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Just wait, eventually they are gonna be going after Washington and Jefferson. They already started on Andy Jackson.

View Quote
Exactly. This is not a Civil War issue.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:54:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I never knew that. Had to Google it.
The Statue of Lenin is a 16-foot (4.9 m) bronze sculpture of Communist revolutionary Vladimir Lenin located in the Fremont neighborhood of SeattleWashington. Initially installed in Czechoslovakia in 1988, the sculpture was removed after the Velvet Revolution and brought to the United States in the 1990s.
Lewis E. Carpenter, an English teacher in Poprad originally from Issaquah, Washington, found the monumental statue lying in a scrapyard ready to be sold for the price of the bronze; Carpenter had met and befriended Venkov while in Czechoslovakia. In close collaboration with a local journalist and good friend, Tomáš Fülöpp, Carpenter approached the city officials with a claim that despite its current unpopularity, the sculpture was still a work of art worth preserving, and he offered to buy it for $13,000. After many bureaucratic hurdles, he finally signed a contract with the mayor on March 16, 1993.
With the help of Venkov, the statue was cut into three pieces and shipped to the United States at a total cost of $40,000. Carpenter financed much of that via mortgaging his home.
The statue arrived in Issaquah in August 1993, and Carpenter planned to install it in front of a Slovak restaurant. He died in a car accident in February 1994, during public debates on whether to display the statue in Issaquah that ended in rejection from the suburb's residents.
After Carpenter's death, his family planned to sell the statue to a Fremont foundry to be melted down and repurposed into a new piece. The foundry's founder, Peter Bevis, sought to instead display the statue in Fremont, and agreed to have the Fremont Chamber of Commerce hold the sculpture in trust until a buyer is found. The statue was unveiled on June 3, 1995, at the corner of Evanston Avenue North and North 34th Street, one block south of a salvaged Cold War rocket fuselage, another artistic Fremont attraction.
The Carpenter family continues to seek a buyer for the statue. As of 2015 the asking price is $250,000, up from a 1996 price tag of $150,000
The BBC highlighted Seattle's Lenin statue. after protesters removed Lenin statues in Ukraine. Zygimantas Pavilionis, envoy to Washington D.C. from Lithuania, referred to the 2014 Russian military intervention in Ukraine by saying, "In Seattle, I saw that ugly monument to Lenin there" and warning that "one day you will wake up and instead of 'Go Huskies'" Seattle residents will instead see Russian license plates on military vehicles in their city.

Weird, they should have melted it and recycled the bronze.

Who is Zygimantas Pavilionis?
Žygimantas Pavilionis is a career diplomat who became ambassador of Lithuania to the United States in August 2010.
Born on August 22, 1971, in Vilnius, Pavilionis grew up with parents who prized higher education; his father, Roland Pavilionis, being an academician and his mother, Mary Pavilioniene Venus, a professor.

I wonder if Žygimantas has ever seen Red Dawn.
View Quote
Needs a Thermite grenade
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:54:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Wow

Since the weekend I've felt the Richmond monuments are in jeopardy, this will only embolden them.
View Quote
Drove down Monument Ave. when my son graduated from MCV in May.  Wondered if I would ever see them again then.  Now, it seems even less likely.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:55:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Private vs. public matters not.   What they did was wrong and cannot should not be excused.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THAT boils my blood
The statue in Durham was on public property.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:56:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ayup!
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:56:41 PM EDT
[#30]
SJWs will go after Army posts named after Confederates and other names that trigger them next. Namely Ft. Bragg, Ft. Jackson and Ft. Benning.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:57:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
You are free to not click on threads where you may see something you don't like. No one is force feeding you anything.

I'm not going to play the dick measuring contest with you.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:57:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Are they worth a damn?
View Quote
nope
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:58:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If this is tolerated...it's past time to start tearing down left wing statues as well.
View Quote
You are on to something. MLK in 3, 2, 1....
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:58:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
It will only be tolerated when leftists tear down monuments.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:59:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
There is really nice high quality video of the entire thing with the camera actually held properly.  Should make identifying all involved fairly easy.
View Quote
Ain't nobody gots da time fo dat
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:00:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Attachment Attached File

It's almost time
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:02:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:02:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are you going to cheer when they take down Washington's monuments?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:03:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Cool, then we should start doxxing them too.

Identify the person who climbed it and those who pulled it down.

Oh, they won't lose their jobs and the cops won't prosecute them? Interesting....
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:03:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Take the meth, opioids and ebt away. See what happens. I'm 13mins from Taylorsville.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That shit sure as hell wouldn't fly here in Taylorsville.
Me too.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:04:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
SJWs will go after Army posts named after Confederates and other names that trigger them next. Namely Ft. Bragg, Ft. Jackson and Ft. Benning.
View Quote
Ft. Hood too.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:04:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Are they worth a damn?
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:06:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why would you compare Washington, the father of this nation, with the army of traitors that the Union so generously allowed to exist through successive amnesty programs?

I would be PISSED if somebody fucked with a Washington -- he served honorably. People like R.E. Lee know they did wrong.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:07:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Whoever put this there should be executed in the most cruel and unusual way.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:09:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Please...... someone in/near Seattle torch the head off of that fucking statue of Lennin now

Let's see the hypocrisy
View Quote
That's would be AWESOME !!
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They come after the confederate graves here, the grass will grow a little taller.
View Quote
... Seriously doubt that there are ANY confederate graves in Somalia
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Why would you compare Washington, the father of this nation, with the army of traitors that the Union so generously allowed to exist through successive amnesty programs?

I would be PISSED if somebody fucked with a Washington -- he served honorably. People like R.E. Lee know they did wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey genius, he isn't comparing them.  It's obvious that while you're happy about this, you don't understand that if allowed to continue, this type of behavior will be aimed at the Founding Fathers next.  They were racist slave owners, don't ya know?

Do you really not get it?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:11:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's not about what the fuck I think.  Ask you buddies on the Left what they think of Washington.  The you'll know what the end game is.  You're simply playing the part of a useful idiot right now.  Cheering in ignorance.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:12:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are you paying attention? Washington owned slaves. Grants wife's family owned slaves. Lincoln's wife's family owned slaves. Roosevelt interned Japanese. Truman ordered the atomic bomb dropped. The Mexican American War stole land from Mexico. I can go on. Any excuse, any distortion of history, any reason whatsoever and they'll destroy any reminder of 200 years of American history. Like it or not, we're careening towards another civil war with the communist Left.
We're about at Bleeding Kansas right now.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:13:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks fake media you emboldened them
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top