Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5565 of 5585)
Page / 5585
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:52:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:57:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#2]

Note the Russian S-300 is a pretty advanced one, it has two different interceptors, one of which is specialized for ballistic missile intercept.  

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:14:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Note the Russian S-300 is a pretty advanced one, it has two different interceptors, one of which is specialized for ballistic missile intercept.  

View Quote

Too bad they didnt show the actual money shot. Maybe it was a "near miss" and the frag had to do all the work and it was a slow anti-climactic simmer then caught fire. Or the drone vid will come out later? I wouldnt be surprised if US mandated ROE now forbids attacks on RU ADA or at least the release of video.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:19:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By anonimovaca:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/s/jBYgMZGLWe

“Russia soldier gets legs blown off by drone”

NSFW / graphic, obviously.
View Quote

Now this is what I expected to see from a drone hit! Instead we often see a guy take a direct hit and run around like a headless chicken.

Yes it's horrible and I wish none of this was happening. FVP and FJB.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:26:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:31:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#6]
1 minute ago.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:32:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Shadyman:

Dude is just sitting there with dead bodies all around. What an idiot. He should surrender.
View Quote

I assume it's not that easy. Personally, I would have stripped off all my battle-rattle and walked around with my hands up waving to every drone. BUT...Russian assholes are always shooting each other and he likely would have been targeted for surrendering. Also, they probably see and/or hear drones constantly and can never know if it's "ours or theirs". Likely Russian drones also viewed the encounter. Probably the biggest obstacle to surrender is cultural. "I am a srtonk Russian and I will rather die than surrender to Ukrainian nazi's or black NATO mercenaries that will rape me"..."my great grandfather didn't surrender in Stalingrad..." or some such bullshit. Maybe the guy was totally exhausted, lone survivor who watched his platoon vaporized and was trying to come to grips. Surviving a battle and taking a minute to take a breath, smoke a cig and stop shaking...those days may be over...
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:34:52 AM EDT
[#8]

That's awesome. I just wish they could have included a picture of FJB in a boat, holding up his hands to those F16's yelling "DONT"...
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:42:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:44:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLMlt0rWAAEZ3GX?format=jpg&name=small

Video:

View Quote

Yeah...one shot, 12GA, from a very short barrel... worthless. One of those 12GA AK's with a 12 round mag...maybe.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:46:11 AM EDT
[#11]

T-90M with anti drone visor with wood for extra Protection. Kupyansk direction. date not given.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:04:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Wait,...

Who bought me the membership?  

Thanks to the anonymous gifter!
View Quote

I did not, I thought about it a couple of times because you have been contributing a lot of value.

Thank you to you and who ever bought your membership.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:48:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

I did not, I thought about it a couple of times because you have been contributing a lot of value.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

No freeloading:

Ukrainian technicians examine the inner workings of a Russian NVU-P seismic detection device.
It can control up to five directional and bounding anti-personnel mines.  
Walking or crawling soldiers can be detected up to 15 meters away.

NVU-P Firing Device
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:48:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Yeah...one shot, 12GA, from a very short barrel... worthless. One of those 12GA AK's with a 12 round mag...maybe.
View All Quotes

Video:

This is the way:

(only with a semi auto)
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:51:00 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

How can you tell when someone needs their membership renewed? I don’t post much but would like to help others contribute.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

That dude got defeeted

Probably one of the top 5 worst nfsw drone strikes
View All Quotes

That dude got defeeted

Don’t see a lot of blood loss.     It would suck to live a long while in that condition.  For his sake, I hope he lost consciousness quickly.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:06:25 AM EDT
[#17]

I agree. But I think their (Ukraine) point is that the West, especially the USA, picks and chooses who it protects and who it doesn't. And the difference between Israel last night and Kyiv on any given night is stark. The USA could shut down the air over the western half of Ukraine about equally. Basically like two houses on fire and one gets the whole 5-alarm fire department while the other gets a garden hose.
View Quote

not so sure i agree with that -- we have given Ukraine a lot  -- and absolutely should give them more

but Israel is 8,500 sq miles and near international waters  --  Ukraine is over 230,000 sq miles and not adjacent to an easily accessible ocean  

so IMO it's a lot more complicated than just saying Israel is the 'favored' nation
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:12:42 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

I am pondering whether the S-300 has some significant flaw in it's "Self Defense Mode" against smaller-diameter missiles, whether the missiles and radar were even "hot" (which would indicate that the Ukes have a reasonably strong Counter-EM capability which prevents a constant scan), the Ukes have detected a vulnerability/flaw in the scan array/pattern that can be exploited through using certain angles/trajectories of attack, or if the Russian operators are just that bad at their jobs.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:22:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Saltwater-Hillbilly] [#19]

I assume it's not that easy. Personally, I would have stripped off all my battle-rattle and walked around with my hands up waving to every drone. BUT...Russian assholes are always shooting each other and he likely would have been targeted for surrendering. Also, they probably see and/or hear drones constantly and can never know if it's "ours or theirs". Likely Russian drones also viewed the encounter. Probably the biggest obstacle to surrender is cultural. "I am a srtonk Russian and I will rather die than surrender to Ukrainian nazi's or black NATO mercenaries that will rape me"..."my great grandfather didn't surrender in Stalingrad..." or some such bullshit. Maybe the guy was totally exhausted, lone survivor who watched his platoon vaporized and was trying to come to grips. Surviving a battle and taking a minute to take a breath, smoke a cig and stop shaking...those days may be over...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shadyman:

Dude is just sitting there with dead bodies all around. What an idiot. He should surrender.

Or, the guy was a newb who was on his first "meat wave" and the combination of the shock of the nearly-instantaneous wholesale violence/destruction to his buddies and abysmal levels of individual tactical training made him forget everything he was told about avoiding the drone threat.  The fatalism inherent in the Russian character makes for great literature but also leads to "meat waves" and indifference to suffering (both your own and others).  The dude many have seen the drone and, instead of getting under cover or running towards decent concealment, just figured "why bother".  The Ruskies seem to have turned one of Patton's most famous dictums: "Your job is not to die for YOUR country; your job is to make the other poor dumb son-of-a-bitch die for HIS country" completely on it's head!
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:26:19 AM EDT
[#20]

The Russians have issued leaflets focused on correcting the typical mistakes made in camouflaging equipment and positions.
View Quote

Translated by Tinta

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:51:46 AM EDT
[#21]

Soldiers of the 🇷🇺 Russian armed forces storm Ukrainian positions with motorcycles 🇺🇦

How it started How it's going
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:01:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

I am pondering whether the S-300 has some significant flaw in it's "Self Defense Mode" against smaller-diameter missiles, whether the missiles and radar were even "hot" (which would indicate that the Ukes have a reasonably strong Counter-EM capability which prevents a constant scan), the Ukes have detected a vulnerability/flaw in the scan array/pattern that can be exploited through using certain angles/trajectories of attack, or if the Russian operators are just that bad at their jobs.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

The questions started years back when the Azeris showed video from Bayraktar drones of them taking out the radars and launchers.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:35:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Video:

View All Quotes

A single-shot adapter for a grenade launcher for a hunting cartridge with shotgun against FPV and copters was developed by private traders in the Russian Federation. But the effectiveness of 1 cartridge somehow does not inspire confidence.
This idea looked more curious

Video:

Masterkeyski
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:38:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Changes await Right Sector's 67th Brigade after losing positions in Chasiv Yar.

After losing some positions on the Chasiv Yar front in Donetsk Oblast, where heavy fighting has been ongoing since the beginning of 2024, the 67th Separate Mechanised Brigade of the Right Sector Ukrainian Volunteer Corps is being investigated and the military personnel who served as the brigade’s backbone are being transferred to other units.

One of the factors revealed by the audit was issues within the brigade. The leadership allegedly separated the soldiers from the Right Sector and those who were transferred from other parts during the recent replenishment (they were referred to as "pixels", in reference to the pattern on the Ukrainian military uniform). The attitude toward the "pixels" was even worse; they were the first to be sent into combat, and their lack of experience made them lose territory.
View Quote

Assuming the reporting is accurate, that unit definitely does need to be reshuffled around a bit.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:08:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

not so sure i agree with that -- we have given Ukraine a lot  -- and absolutely should give them more

but Israel is 8,500 sq miles and near international waters  --  Ukraine is over 230,000 sq miles and not adjacent to an easily accessible ocean  

so IMO it's a lot more complicated than just saying Israel is the 'favored' nation
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

I agree. But I think their (Ukraine) point is that the West, especially the USA, picks and chooses who it protects and who it doesn't. And the difference between Israel last night and Kyiv on any given night is stark. The USA could shut down the air over the western half of Ukraine about equally. Basically like two houses on fire and one gets the whole 5-alarm fire department while the other gets a garden hose.

Yes, it is. the pedo is doing it purposely just like he is asking for a limited response from Israel and also gave permission for Iran to hit Israel.

He is controlling the flow to Ukraine for a reason and Ukrainians are powerless. They can share what information and intelligence they have on the pedo and his coke addicted family but then all of Ukraine suffers.

Or they can shut up and accept whatever hand me down is given.

End of story.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:08:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jozsi] [#26]
double post, sorry.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:48:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#27]
Now we're talking serious capability.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:59:41 PM EDT
[#28]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLOUDZ6XYAArS88?format=jpg&name=900x900

View Quote

Is there any information what how many were manufactured last year?
I hope it’s not single digits.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:09:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#29]

There are other options to cover all bases.

Attachment Attached File

Lockheed Martin ALHTK - Air-Launched PAC-3
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:11:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Fltot:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fltot:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLOUDZ6XYAArS88?format=jpg&name=900x900

That is a good question, but I can't find any reference to show how many they could make before.  

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:19:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#31]

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#32]

Allegedly HARM on a SU-27.

I can't identify anything on this plane.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

Assuming the reporting is accurate, that unit definitely does need to be reshuffled around a bit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:
After losing some positions on the Chasiv Yar front in Donetsk Oblast, where heavy fighting has been ongoing since the beginning of 2024, the 67th Separate Mechanised Brigade of the Right Sector Ukrainian Volunteer Corps is being investigated and the military personnel who served as the brigade’s backbone are being transferred to other units.

One of the factors revealed by the audit was issues within the brigade. The leadership allegedly separated the soldiers from the Right Sector and those who were transferred from other parts during the recent replenishment (they were referred to as "pixels", in reference to the pattern on the Ukrainian military uniform). The attitude toward the "pixels" was even worse; they were the first to be sent into combat, and their lack of experience made them lose territory.

Hadn't heard that one, but it is beyond belief that there wouldn't be units where there were serious leadership failures and downright malfeasance. MoD leadership needs to continue seeking that stuff out and crushing it. Vestiges of post-Soviet corruption still remain to be rooted out. To be fair, there has always been issues incorporating newbies into veteran combat units that have lots of time deep in the suck. It was a problem for the US in Vietnam sometimes and WWII too. It takes professional leadership and proactive effort to create a culture that values and protects everyone in the unit, regardless of how long they've been in and where they came from.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#34]
First in a series on history of Ukraine

The History of Ukraine Part 1 - In the beginning...

He also has a series on *snicker* Russian navy.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

Don’t see a lot of blood loss.     It would suck to live a long while in that condition.  For his sake, I hope he lost consciousness quickly.
View All Quotes

That dude got defeeted

When their is a traumatic amputation like that, the arteries and veins initally snap shut and retract inside. They will relax in a bit, also he probably bled out in his pelvis, "the triangle of death". That much shock to the body and he was definetely uncocnious. Nothing would have saved him.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ERNURSE:

When their is a traumatic amputation like that, the arteries and veins initally snap shut and retract inside. They will relax in a bit, also he probably bled out in his pelvis, "the triangle of death". That much shock to the body and he was definetely uncocnious. Nothing would have saved him.
View All Quotes

"Russia soldier gets legs blown off by drone"

That dude got defeeted

Don't see a lot of blood loss.     It would suck to live a long while in that condition.  For his sake, I hope he lost consciousness quickly.

From your username I'm figuring you have life experience here.  Wowzers . . .
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:18:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#37]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:30:35 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

That dude got defeeted

And lots of shrapnel, maybe his heart or brain were done too.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#39]
10 minutes ago.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:46:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By craiso:

How can you tell when someone needs their membership renewed? I don’t post much but would like to help others contribute.
View Quote

When they have no avatar or image in the box under the username.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:13:42 PM EDT
[#42]
These are like Iron Dome, but with AIM-9X or Tamir missiles.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLILO1zXYAEcp07?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

There is a high powered microwave variant, and a high energy laser variant, as well as another increment 2 interceptor variant which uses the AIM-9X, Tamir, Hellfire missiles.
View All Quotes

IFPC is designed to protect fixed and semi-fixed sites from rockets, artillery and mortars as well as cruise missiles and drone threats.

There is a high powered microwave variant, and a high energy laser variant, as well as another increment 2 interceptor variant which uses the AIM-9X, Tamir, Hellfire missiles.

So these shoot AIM-9X and Hellfires?

Can it use the Hellfires as a type of anti armor indirect fire weapon? If so that would be quite amazing. Short range air defense with the ability to also use the same launcher in an anti armor role.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:23:26 PM EDT
[#43]

raised money for.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:34:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
... To be fair, there has always been issues incorporating newbies into veteran combat units that have lots of time deep in the suck. It was a problem for the US in Vietnam sometimes and WWII too. It takes professional leadership and proactive effort to create a culture that values and protects everyone in the unit, regardless of how long they've been in and where they came from.
View Quote

all the above

also -- reading the entire article linked -- it appears some of the issues were SPECIFIC to this unit :  related to incorporating a volunteer unit of highly motivated / seasoned persons into the 'Regular Army'

i can see that some issues would exist with regards to strategy, leadership, training, formal military education, etc

add in the stream of 'at large' replacement soldiers from all over Ukraine -- and i can see how things could get challenging

i hope they get it sorted out -- sounds like they are addressing it
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FHXr8u2aIAYHAfX.jpg:large

Can it use the Hellfires as a type of anti armor indirect fire weapon? If so that would be quite amazing. Short range air defense with the ability to also use the same launcher in an anti armor role.
View Quote

Neva been done befor

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:39:21 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

IFPC is designed to protect fixed and semi-fixed sites from rockets, artillery and mortars as well as cruise missiles and drone threats.

I believe so.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:16:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

Yes, it is. the pedo is doing it purposely just like he is asking for a limited response from Israel and also gave permission for Iran to hit Israel.

He is controlling the flow to Ukraine for a reason and Ukrainians are powerless. They can share what information and intelligence they have on the pedo and his coke addicted family but then all of Ukraine suffers.

Or they can shut up and accept whatever hand me down is given.

End of story.

View Quote

This 100%.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:38:22 PM EDT
[#50]

Page / 5585
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5565 of 5585)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top