Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5577 of 5586)
Page / 5586
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:32:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Two in a row
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:41:36 AM EDT
[#2]

anyone hear from Easterner lately ??  

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Are these the ATACMS we have been hoping for or is this going to be another weapon with american range restrictions or something like that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️Ukraine will receive long-range ATACMS

The US may resume military supplies to Ukraine by the end of next week, which will include ATACMS missiles, the head of the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Apparently, Ukraine will be given modifications of the M39A1, or more modern M57. They can fire at distances from 20 to 300 kilometers. Thus, the installation deployed in Kharkov will reach Voronezh, and from Zaporozhye it will be possible to reach the Crimean Bridge.

It would be very good if these missiles did not reach the firing positions. For two years, our air defense has proven that it can shoot down everything that flies. But on the enemy’s side is NATO aerial electronic reconnaissance, which is trying every day to find gaps in our defense. And it is unknown how many missiles Kyiv will receive.

Corporal ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️for @sashakots

https://t.me/sashakots/46229

Are these the ATACMS we have been hoping for or is this going to be another weapon with american range restrictions or something like that?

News of this is very tightly tangled up in “that-which-shall-not-be-named”, so I haven’t bothered to read into it.

I suspect you’ll have to settle for thinly veiled optimism from AT

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:47:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

View Quote

It's been awhile since he's posted. His business instagram has also been quiet. Hope all is well.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

It's been awhile since he's posted. His business instagram has also been quiet. Hope all is well.
View Quote

I heard from him a couple weeks ago, he’s busy.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:55:14 AM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️Ukraine will receive long-range ATACMS

The US may resume military supplies to Ukraine by the end of next week, which will include ATACMS missiles, the head of the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Apparently, Ukraine will be given modifications of the M39A1, or more modern M57. They can fire at distances from 20 to 300 kilometers. Thus, the installation deployed in Kharkov will reach Voronezh, and from Zaporozhye it will be possible to reach the Crimean Bridge.

It would be very good if these missiles did not reach the firing positions. For two years, our air defense has proven that it can shoot down everything that flies. But on the enemy’s side is NATO aerial electronic reconnaissance, which is trying every day to find gaps in our defense. And it is unknown how many missiles Kyiv will receive.

Corporal ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️for @sashakots

https://t.me/sashakots/46229

When you say range restrictions, I think you mean the Ukrainians won't be allowed to use it on Russian territory.  Honestly, the new aid package has some interesting wording that says "we" are to ensure Ukraine will beat back the Russians so I don't know exactly what restrictions or lack of restrictions that might entail.

However, regarding ATACMS, there are a few flavors available and each has strengths and weaknesses.  We can probably keep sending our oldest 165km range Block 1's.  These have 950 cluster bomblets so they can cover a large area with damage, something like 360000 sq.ft each.  Especially great for airfields and large SAM systems as well as large enemy vehicle concentrations.

The next version, which has not been used in Ukraine yet, but there are old stockpiles of is the Block IA.  These are GPS and inertial guided and much more accurate than the already accurate Block 1's used by Ukraine.  The advantage is a range of 300km and 275 bomblets are placed very accurately over the target.

Then upgraded versions of the above, carrying a single 500lb warhead could be sent from the older stocks.

The Ukrainians know the rules of limitations on how these are to be employed, and repeatedly their army has told us that if they could get 200 ATACMS they would be able to change the situation they are facing.  If we give them 400, it would make things even easier, even if they were only allowed to use them in Russian occupied territories and Crimea.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:11:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:24:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Comedy gold at the end of this translated tour of the production of the Russian S-400 SAM system.  They claim that there is no such thing as stealth for their system, it's just that sensitive.

Also note all the foreign test equipment they are using to make these, sanctions will eventually hurt if they can't replace that equipment.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:41:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

View Quote

About time!
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Drone music.

Was wollen wir trinken? [English translation] What should we be drinking?

Ignore the reenactors, the song has nothing to do with the Wehrmacht. But it's the best translation I found.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:02:24 PM EDT
[#12]

- beginning of June.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

Drone music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDD_TKWvCwo

Ignore the reenactors, the song has nothing to do with the Wehrmacht. But it's the best translation I found.

View All Quotes

Drone music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDD_TKWvCwo

Awesome.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:09:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#15]

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:21:05 PM EDT
[#16]

When you say range restrictions, I think you mean the Ukrainians won't be allowed to use it on Russian territory.  Honestly, the new aid package has some interesting wording that says "we" are to ensure Ukraine will beat back the Russians so I don't know exactly what restrictions or lack of restrictions that might entail.

However, regarding ATACMS, there are a few flavors available and each has strengths and weaknesses.  We can probably keep sending our oldest 165km range Block 1's.  These have 950 cluster bomblets so they can cover a large area with damage, something like 360000 sq.ft each.  Especially great for airfields and large SAM systems as well as large enemy vehicle concentrations.

The next version, which has not been used in Ukraine yet, but there are old stockpiles of is the Block IA.  These are GPS and inertial guided and much more accurate than the already accurate Block 1's used by Ukraine.  The advantage is a range of 300km and 275 bomblets are placed very accurately over the target.

Then upgraded versions of the above, carrying a single 500lb warhead could be sent from the older stocks.

The Ukrainians know the rules of limitations on how these are to be employed, and repeatedly their army has told us that if they could get 200 ATACMS they would be able to change the situation they are facing.  If we give them 400, it would make things even easier, even if they were only allowed to use them in Russian occupied territories and Crimea.

View Quote

What was the number of our expired ATACMS? iirc it was around 1000! Not sure WTF is preventing US from sending them other than cowardice/corruption.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Так. Все добре.

All good here. We have been pretty busy lately. We just finished our move. When we move it takes a lot of time to move equipment and all of our exsplodey things.

We have a new shop in the works. Pretty soon I'll have twice as many guys under my supervision. Somewhere around six. There is a big recruiting drive going on. We have all been calling lots of guys we know, and asking around. If any of you guys want a career in Ukrainian logistics, head on over here.

I also got a new to me ride. I had been searching for a vehicle, and the team leader gifted me his problem child 4x4. She's over 25 years old, right hand drive, but rides smooth. This past month we replaced all the ball joints, steering parts, brakes, and some bushings. I have been installing light bars, fixing electrical issues, and just had the turbo rebuilt. She's going to be back to her old glory soon. Last project will be installing some IR lights for driving under NODs. She has a cool history, and has been in country since the war started.

Patches got delayed because the first patch shop did a crappy prototype. We should have them soon from a different manufacturer.

I have since made contacts with CZ, FNH, and some other places for gun parts to repair weapons. The Ukrainian staff is shocked we can get parts ourselves, and the UA guys that are supposed to do this can't.

So thanks for the thread updates. I'll try to check in more often. For now I have to find the switch I bought to finish hooking up my rear light bar. It's a bit of a joke who has the most Gucci ride, and I'm coming from behind quickly. Soon they will all be jelly.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:23:15 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

"The Ukrainians know the rules of limitations"

What would be great would be if Ukraine used them to destroy/eradicate russian logistics and leave the russian troops without ammo or food or water or rescue. But I'm guessing we would say that would be too irritating to the russians.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:47:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Так. Все добре.

All good here. We have been pretty busy lately. We just finished our move. When we move it takes a lot of time to move equipment and all of our exsplodey things.

We have a new shop in the works. Pretty soon I'll have twice as many guys under my supervision. Somewhere around six. There is a big recruiting drive going on. We have all been calling lots of guys we know, and asking around. If any of you guys want a career in Ukrainian logistics, head on over here.

I also got a new to me ride. I had been searching for a vehicle, and the team leader gifted me his problem child 4x4. She's over 25 years old, right hand drive, but rides smooth. This past month we replaced all the ball joints, steering parts, brakes, and some bushings. I have been installing light bars, fixing electrical issues, and just had the turbo rebuilt. She's going to be back to her old glory soon. Last project will be installing some IR lights for driving under NODs. She has a cool history, and has been in country since the war started.

Patches got delayed because the first patch shop did a crappy prototype. We should have them soon from a different manufacturer.

I have since made contacts with CZ, FNH, and some other places for gun parts to repair weapons. The Ukrainian staff is shocked we can get parts ourselves, and the UA guys that are supposed to do this can't.

So thanks for the thread updates. I'll try to check in more often. For now I have to find the switch I bought to finish hooking up my rear light bar. It's a bit of a joke who has the most Gucci ride, and I'm coming from behind quickly. Soon they will all be jelly.
View All Quotes

Так. Все добре.

Good to hear from you!
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:56:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:07:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Так. Все добре.

View Quote

Thanks for the update !  glad to hear things are going okay
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:44:01 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Так. Все добре.

Yeah it was a noisy day here. There were a few explosions from possibly glide bombs. I believe they hit a television tower. Just another day in Ukraine unfortunately.

I found my switch and finished up my rear light. The rear lights have been painted over, and I can't see shit at night backing up. Now I have a miniature sun back there.
We spend a lot of our "free" time keeping our personal vehicles squared away. So it has been nice to have the guys jump in and help get the project done. My exhaust manifold gasket should arrive tomorrow. Ready to get the engine together again and take her for a spin without the exhaust leak. Our master mechanic is ready to maximize the turbo boost.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:48:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

About time!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

About time!

Yup. And send them our LNG! Everybody wins, except the Russians.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:49:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:50:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ERNURSE] [#25]

Так. Все добре.

View All Quotes

Так. Все добре.

Now you can show them what an American Bro Dozer looks like, lol
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:23:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By ERNURSE:

View All Quotes

Так. Все добре.

Lol. Well these older Japanese trucks are pretty bulletproof. This one definitely isn't a mall crawler.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

What was the number of our expired ATACMS? iirc it was around 1000! Not sure WTF is preventing US from sending them other than cowardice/corruption.
View All Quotes

No one really knows because that number is classified.  But an interesting fact is the particular ATACMS versions we have seen Ukraine use were thought to be extinct variants and they worked with date codes from the 1997 timeframe.  I have no doubt we probably have more than is publicly admitted and I agree we could get rid of old lots for a very good and useful cause.  Just have to convince the right people that these aren't escalation.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:30:33 PM EDT
[#28]

What would be great would be if Ukraine used them to destroy/eradicate russian logistics and leave the russian troops without ammo or food or water or rescue. But I'm guessing we would say that would be too irritating to the russians.
View All Quotes

I think they would be fine for hitting anything as long as they aren't flying just south of Moscow causing the Russians and the West to crap their pants.  But if it can be used to isolate Crimea logistically then from what I understand it is fair game.  The Ukrainians have a long list of stuff they want to hit with them within the rules already.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:34:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Lol. Well these older Japanese trucks are pretty bulletproof. This one definitely isn't a mall crawler.
View All Quotes

Так. Все добре.

Always great to hear from you, once the truck project is done hopefully you can share some photos but clear them from being geolocated and such.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:12:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#30]

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:16:12 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:28:54 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#33]

than once led to Ukrainian strikes on their training grounds). According to him, drones are of rather low quality and still use frequencies that are easily blocked by Ukrainians.

Sudoplatov project drones are believed to be the most common drones used on the frontline by Russia.    
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Whoever is on the far end of that is going to have a headache.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:20:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Peengwin] [#35]
Sign my  rocket. I hope the shell hits a troop concentration or a tank. Make good russians out of them.

Attachment Attached File

ETA: (insert Goofy meme) I'll fucking do it again.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:21:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Peengwin:
Sign my  rocket. I hope the shell hits a troop concentration or a tank. Make good russians out of them.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/161834/signmyrocket_15776_jpg-3195297.JPG
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:46:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#37]
33 minutes ago.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:48:37 PM EDT
[#38]
33 minutes ago.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLzGI5AWYAAkrnW?format=jpg&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLypoJHWIAAJLND?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

Probably wasn't the one I paid for, but a fella can dream...
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:51:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#39]

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:53:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#40]

View All Quotes
33 minutes ago.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLzGI5AWYAAkrnW?format=jpg&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLypoJHWIAAJLND?format=jpg&name=small

That is really awesome to get a signed artillery shell to have fired at the Russians though.

These might be glsdb.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:56:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#41]
Put the pieces together.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

How long did that take to go through?  I paid for one over a month ago and have heard nothing.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#43]

No one really knows because that number is classified.  But an interesting fact is the particular ATACMS versions we have seen Ukraine use were thought to be extinct variants and they worked with date codes from the 1997 timeframe.  I have no doubt we probably have more than is publicly admitted and I agree we could get rid of old lots for a very good and useful cause.  Just have to convince the right people that these aren't escalation.
View Quote

A few hundred (maybe thousand) pages ago someone posted the numbers for the various ATACM variants. Maybe it was incorrect info or someone was guessing but it was a list of the variants with numbers. I remember being impressed by the number of expired models. Anyway, it probably should be classified info. I just hope Ukraine gets A LOT of them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:02:13 PM EDT
[#44]

I think they would be fine for hitting anything as long as they aren't flying just south of Moscow causing the Russians and the West to crap their pants.  But if it can be used to isolate Crimea logistically then from what I understand it is fair game.  The Ukrainians have a long list of stuff they want to hit with them within the rules already.
View Quote

Even if it's just tactical targets like troop/vehicle concentrations, let them fly!
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#45]

A few hundred (maybe thousand) pages ago someone posted the numbers for the various ATACM variants. Maybe it was incorrect info or someone was guessing but it was a list of the variants with numbers. I remember being impressed by the number of expired models. Anyway, it probably should be classified info. I just hope Ukraine gets A LOT of them.
View All Quotes

I posted that chart, but what I am saying is there is probably enough older units to give 400 for Ukraine to use that they had requested, it may not be exactly those numbers of variants in that chart.  I am sure we can work something out.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#46]

Missed opportunity to call it Goblin.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:11:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By blueballs:

How long did that take to go through?  I paid for one over a month ago and have heard nothing.
View Quote

It's says 2-3 months on the website.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#48]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLyWrFvWQAENqT-?format=jpg&name=small

Missed opportunity to call it Goblin.
View Quote

We really need to take lessons from the British in naming stuff at times.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:21:43 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:46:22 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Around four months. Logistics and comms I imagine it takes a bit.
Page / 5586
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5577 of 5586)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top