User Panel

Site Notices
Ruger American Ranch (Page 47 of 48)
Page / 48
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Capt_Destro:

I think I just used the Squirrel Daddy aluminum vise blocks with some crushed up Pine Rosin.

https://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Barrel-Vise-Pads-Channel/dp/B00ILWMOM6

In regards to optics. Anyone using a Primary Arms GLX2 on their Ruger American? I just ordered one, we'll see how it works out.
View Quote

I’ve got a PA Glx2 on my 300bo American - awesome optic
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:35:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Current production has a higher optic rail.
Old/New Stock might have the shorter rail.
View Quote

Good to know. I guess I’ll just do a little trial and error when it arrives with rings I have on hand and order rings accordingly.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Lancelot:
For those putting on flash hiders or muzzle brakes, what barrel vice jaws are you using?
View Quote

I just used a regular vice and heavy rubber material around the barrel.  Clamp down just enough to hold it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:10:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Papposilenus] [#4]
Originally Posted By Zac87:

I've got a PA Glx2 on my 300bo American - awesome optic
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zac87:

I think I just used the Squirrel Daddy aluminum vise blocks with some crushed up Pine Rosin.

https://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Barrel-Vise-Pads-Channel/dp/B00ILWMOM6

In regards to optics. Anyone using a Primary Arms GLX2 on their Ruger American? I just ordered one, we'll see how it works out.

I've got a PA Glx2 on my 300bo American - awesome optic

what's the eye relief like?

I have on of their micro 3x's on a mini-14 and it could use a little extra help for squared up shooting stances.

edit- looks like an extra 1", that's pretty great
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:12:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Have a 6.5cm and 22-250 predator.  Both are stupid accurate.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:08:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By buck19delta:

Iv used a file to remove sharp edges on magazine lips / that front edge and even put a slight bevel to improve feeding n certain guns occasionally, it can help big time to smooth things up.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bmarshall1:
I did a couple experiments on my 300 BO, I assume the 223 would be similar.

Most of the resistance is one of a few things.

Closing the bolt on a Lancer 30 rd mag, the resistance is the round sticking/catching/gouging a small channel in the brass case as it passes the end of the feed lips and starts to angle up, much worse on a full magazine due to spring pressure.  Opening the bolt, most of the resistance is from the spring pressure on the next round dragging the lug down the case in addition to extraction effort (not certain how much 'effort' that creates).  I could see the bottom lug on the bolt dragging/rubbing down the length of the cartridge making a shiny line.  My lugs are pretty smooth and I had already knocked any burrs off.  Short of really shaving it down and changing the geometry, not much to do but polish the lug a little bit more.  On the first round on a full mag, the round sticks about 1/2 way to closing, when the round is nose up and hits the feed ramp, and at the same time it's at the greatest angle to the (metal) feed lips, so the lips are gouging (slightly) into the brass case.

Solution?:  Maybe feather the edge of the forward lip of the magazine to match it to the angle/shape of the case while on the feed ramp vs. being the lips being rounded.  Not certain if this is a great idea, changing the geometry.

Magpul 30 rd mag. Didn't really have the same nose up 1st round issue as I think the round slides over/across the plastic feed lips better.  Opening the bolt, the drag was greater than the Lancer (Lancer harder to close, MPUL harder to open).  I can only attribute this to higher spring pressure on MPUL.  Closing was a bit easier as I think to round slides over the plastic better.

However, on the 10 rd MPUL I use for the 300 BO, it was very hard to open.  The reason for this is (2) items.
1) The bolt lug is catching on the leading edge of the left feed lip, I can see a small sliver of plastic hanging off the corner.
2) the bolt lug is dragging down the left feed lip, causing friction.  I can see the drag marks clearly on the feed lip (not on the other side though).  When I manipulate the bolt while closed but not locked, you can see the bottom lug make contact w/ the lips and rock the magazine slightly back and forth.  I don't leave MPUL mags loaded w/o one of the clips, but I suppose the lip could be slightly deformed.  Likely easier to shave the feed lip a few thousanth's vs shaving the lug.

I also tried a 10 rd ASC mag and a 20(?) rd Colt that has been limited to 10.  The gun didn't like either one, probably due to the metal feed lips creating extra drag down the cartridge.

All magazines had about the same amount of front to back play.

MPUL mag seemed to be the most consistent with fairly light drag in the well on insertion.

Lancer's were a bit harder to insert than MPUL when loaded, and very little friction when empty, telling my the magazine is spreading apart slightly.

Metal magazines, of the ones I had, one was the hardest of all to insert, one was the loosest of all.

I hope this helps and makes sense.

The Stryker brass seemed a bit softer, so on all tests, the Stryker ammo needed a bit more effort that the SIG ammo.

Iv used a file to remove sharp edges on magazine lips / that front edge and even put a slight bevel to improve feeding n certain guns occasionally, it can help big time to smooth things up.

@buck19delta

Thanks for the reply.  What are your thoughts regarding very slightly bending the forward edge/corner of the feed lip.  I'm thinking this will allow the cartridge to ride up the feed ramp easier with a less pressure concentrated on the corner of the feed lip.  I'll try smoothing the edge, but thinking one of the issues is all the pressure is concentrated in that one, small area.  Next up is to Dremel the 'feed ramp' to M4 style to aid in feeding, but that's a little more involved and not reversible, a magazine is only $10-$20.  Perhaps I'll polish it first.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:20:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#7]

@buck19delta

Thanks for the reply.  What are your thoughts regarding very slightly bending the forward edge/corner of the feed lip.  I'm thinking this will allow the cartridge to ride up the feed ramp easier with a less pressure concentrated on the corner of the feed lip.  I'll try smoothing the edge, but thinking one of the issues is all the pressure is concentrated in that one, small area.  Next up is to Dremel the 'feed ramp' to M4 style to aid in feeding, but that's a little more involved and not reversible, a magazine is only $10-$20.  Perhaps I'll polish it first.
View All Quotes
I did a couple experiments on my 300 BO, I assume the 223 would be similar.

Most of the resistance is one of a few things.

Closing the bolt on a Lancer 30 rd mag, the resistance is the round sticking/catching/gouging a small channel in the brass case as it passes the end of the feed lips and starts to angle up, much worse on a full magazine due to spring pressure.  Opening the bolt, most of the resistance is from the spring pressure on the next round dragging the lug down the case in addition to extraction effort (not certain how much 'effort' that creates).  I could see the bottom lug on the bolt dragging/rubbing down the length of the cartridge making a shiny line.  My lugs are pretty smooth and I had already knocked any burrs off.  Short of really shaving it down and changing the geometry, not much to do but polish the lug a little bit more.  On the first round on a full mag, the round sticks about 1/2 way to closing, when the round is nose up and hits the feed ramp, and at the same time it's at the greatest angle to the (metal) feed lips, so the lips are gouging (slightly) into the brass case.

Solution?:  Maybe feather the edge of the forward lip of the magazine to match it to the angle/shape of the case while on the feed ramp vs. being the lips being rounded.  Not certain if this is a great idea, changing the geometry.

Magpul 30 rd mag. Didn't really have the same nose up 1st round issue as I think the round slides over/across the plastic feed lips better.  Opening the bolt, the drag was greater than the Lancer (Lancer harder to close, MPUL harder to open).  I can only attribute this to higher spring pressure on MPUL.  Closing was a bit easier as I think to round slides over the plastic better.

However, on the 10 rd MPUL I use for the 300 BO, it was very hard to open.  The reason for this is (2) items.
1) The bolt lug is catching on the leading edge of the left feed lip, I can see a small sliver of plastic hanging off the corner.
2) the bolt lug is dragging down the left feed lip, causing friction.  I can see the drag marks clearly on the feed lip (not on the other side though).  When I manipulate the bolt while closed but not locked, you can see the bottom lug make contact w/ the lips and rock the magazine slightly back and forth.  I don't leave MPUL mags loaded w/o one of the clips, but I suppose the lip could be slightly deformed.  Likely easier to shave the feed lip a few thousanth's vs shaving the lug.

I also tried a 10 rd ASC mag and a 20(?) rd Colt that has been limited to 10.  The gun didn't like either one, probably due to the metal feed lips creating extra drag down the cartridge.

All magazines had about the same amount of front to back play.

MPUL mag seemed to be the most consistent with fairly light drag in the well on insertion.

Lancer's were a bit harder to insert than MPUL when loaded, and very little friction when empty, telling my the magazine is spreading apart slightly.

Metal magazines, of the ones I had, one was the hardest of all to insert, one was the loosest of all.

I hope this helps and makes sense.

The Stryker brass seemed a bit softer, so on all tests, the Stryker ammo needed a bit more effort that the SIG ammo.

@buck19delta

I think sometimes certain guns need tweaking to function better, and some manufacturers are slow to resolve certain issues, or simply never resolve them adequately and there’s nothing wrong with a little experimentation , by the gun owner,  especially when it’s necessary to resolve functioning / malfunctioning issues like feeding from magazines.

Iv filed down sharp magazine edges that were shaving brass off cases and bullets, filed / dremeled the front lip down to allow better / smoother feeding of rds from magazine to feed ramp, etc, polished the internal parts of guns to remove burs, machine marks and make rough / gritty feeling actions buttery smooth, polished trigger surfaces, and much more. never had any issues / problems by doing so.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:52:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Besides the fluting does the Gen 2 .223 have the same barrel profile as the Gen 1? I’m looking to have it profiled for my OPS Inc 16th.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:38:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Upgrading my RAR 556 (AR mags) to a different scope.  Snagged a vortex crossfire II 6-24x50 AO and need to determine what rings to get.  Vortex told me their high 1.26" ones would be the way to go, but want to double check here as it is a hot thread full of experienced peeps.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:58:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GLHX2112] [#10]
Originally Posted By FishKepr:

Good to know. I guess I’ll just do a little trial and error when it arrives with rings I have on hand and order rings accordingly.
View All Quotes

I can confirm this. Picked up new Gen 1 Ranch in 350 Legend yesterday and just visually compared
it to my 4 +year old 300Blackout Ranch and the new rail is definitely taller by a couple millimeters at least.
Still on first cup of coffee, so brain/eyeball relationship is not totally calibrated yet.

Also compared it to my Gen-1 Ruger American Compact 7-08 I bought in Feb and it too has the taller Rail.
My uneducated guess is they have a new design rail for the Gen-2's and are slapping them on Gen-1
Ranches & Compacts (and Predators?) as they wind down production of Gen-1's ? Or something like that.

I've read that barrel diameters on Gen-1's can now vary compared to previous batches.  
That was discussed by an industry partner in another thread concerning adding fixed sights.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:20:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:15:05 PM EDT
[#12]
How do you remove or change the cocking piece?
View Quote

There is a very good video out there by Anarchy Outdoors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnKJ4NDzWeM&ab_channel=AnarchyOutdoors
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:05:17 PM EDT
[#13]
A little bit of an 'ah-ha' today regarding magazines.  If you hold the mag release button it will allow the mag to go above the release as there can be almost 1/8 to 3/16 above the magazine lips when inserted. Not all mags do this, if I recall the Magpuls were the worst (most gap), Lancers a bit better, and some random metal mags very little.  Also, due to follower geometry, the Lancers will close on an empty mag but not the MPuls.  This gap is where a lot of the rocking motion comes from.  I tried an AR as well and once the mags locked in place, they are butted up against the corresponding area in the upper, no wiggle.

I'm not certain if this information is useful in any way or not.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Cut the handguard down.  Now off to cerakote.  
The silver on the handguard is from marks I made when planning the cuts.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone have a  Gen 2 in left hand yet?
Any deals on Gen 1 for lefties?

Bought my son a 6.5 Creedmore 3 years ago, would not mind its twin.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:27:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By JackieDaytona:

That is a NICE paint job. Wish mine looked like that.

What are some of the higher round counts you guys have on your Rugers? They holding up to a LOT of shooting and hunting?
View Quote

Haven't hunted with the .308 or the new 5.56, both have around 200 rounds thru them at this point working up loads.  

The 7.62x39 is almost three times the round count and holding up fine.  It's also an excellent hog cartridge. I have a 1-6 LVPO on it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:35:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Gr8Santini:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23396/IMG_1860-3197605.jpghttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23396/IMG_1859-3197606.jpg
View Quote

@Gr8Santini

How do you like your AB suppressor, anything to compare it too?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By John-in-austin:

Haven't hunted with the .308 or the new 5.56, both have around 200 rounds thru them at this point working up loads.  

The 7.62x39 is almost three times the round count and holding up fine.  It's also an excellent hog cartridge. I have a 1-6 LVPO on it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By John-in-austin:
Originally Posted By JackieDaytona:

That is a NICE paint job. Wish mine looked like that.

What are some of the higher round counts you guys have on your Rugers? They holding up to a LOT of shooting and hunting?

Thats good to hear.  I still have to get out more with my 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:25:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Didn’t plan on this, but I put a .308 predator with green stock on layaway at the local shop. $365.

Now I need to get some ammo and a scope…
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:09:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FishKepr] [#20]
A little bit of an 'ah-ha' today regarding magazines.  If you hold the mag release button it will allow the mag to go above the release as there can be almost 1/8 to 3/16 above the magazine lips when inserted. Not all mags do this, if I recall the Magpuls were the worst (most gap), Lancers a bit better, and some random metal mags very little.  Also, due to follower geometry, the Lancers will close on an empty mag but not the MPuls.  This gap is where a lot of the rocking motion comes from.  I tried an AR as well and once the mags locked in place, they are butted up against the corresponding area in the upper, no wiggle.

I'm not certain if this information is useful in any way or not.
View Quote

It is actually.  There are times I just want to drop a round in and close the bolt.  I just tried a Lancer and sure enough the sloped follower does not lock the bolt open.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:57:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bmarshall1] [#21]
So I did the mag release stock mod yesterday.  I took a dremel and ground out a half moon so I can get a full thumb on the release button,  I also trimmed the left side to match the backside contour of the mag release so I can get an ambi release installed.  I'll get a few pix up later.  I will say it was very easy, about 10 minutes.

ETA: Pix and info.  I have a very small dental pick w/ 90 degree tip, I used that to scribe the outline of the cut I wanted to make by inserting the pick between the stock and the area around the button, and the other side also. GO SLOW.  The area you are grinding is very thin.  I used a battery dremel set on 1 or 2 (slowest) w/ a 100 grit (?) drum.  For the finest detail, I used a torpedo shaped grinding bit, probably about 400 grit(?).  I used a socket to get the perfect roundness, also there is a slight bit of play in the mag well, so prior to making the final cut to line up with the mag well, tighten it to see where it wants to settle.  Mine had about 1/16 play fore and aft, but always landed in the middle once tightened, so I was able to get everything just about perfect.

Pix...

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6RrHarPD9W/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6Rq-UjvvcX/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:48:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FishKepr] [#22]

View All Quotes

Ok, so after trying it out, the optic clears the rail and barrel using rings with a 0.169” saddle height so the Warne low rings with a saddle height of 0.250” should work.  

HOWEVER, I made a discovery that could only have happened with the rifle in hand. Because of the comb design, which comes with the lowest module installed, the 0.169” ring height puts MY head at an unnatural angle.  

So I’m going to order the Warne Medium height rings with a 0.375” saddle height.  Since this for personal ergonomics YMMV.

EDIT:  I just read the stock riser module can be left off and sure enough, with riser removed the low Warne rings should work in my case.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:26:47 PM EDT
[#23]

@Gr8Santini

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23396/IMG_1860-3197605.jpghttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23396/IMG_1859-3197606.jpg

@Gr8Santini

@bmarshall1

I haven’t shot it it yet.  It is extremely light and the reviews are good.  Bought a couple when they were having a bogo deal with their .22 cans.  

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Really enjoy my Gen 1 in 300 blackout, have considered SBRing it.

Just was looking for a 7.62x39, is this caliber in an AR mag stock not a factory option?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By walldj45:
Really enjoy my Gen 1 in 300 blackout, have considered SBRing it.

Just was looking for a 7.62x39, is this caliber in an AR mag stock not a factory option?
View Quote

No.  Mini 30 only.  There are some aftermarket kits/ options though.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#26]
My FFL ordered me a left hand Ruger Amerucan the other day.

I can't wait .

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:03:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Deets on guns?

Those look useful
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:04:32 PM EDT
[#28]

@bmarshall1

I haven’t shot it it yet.  It is extremely light and the reviews are good.  Bought a couple when they were having a bogo deal with their .22 cans.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23396/IMG_1873-3199615.jpg

View Quote

I forgot to quote above. Deets on guns please
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:13:06 PM EDT
[#29]
For those putting on flash hiders or muzzle brakes, what barrel vice jaws are you using?
View Quote

Disassembled mine
Put optic rail on
Block of wood between bottom of action and rail, clamp in vice
Got my griffin on fairly easily to ~30ft # (can't remember exact amount)

I've done that with several bolt actions and generally work good
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:10:04 AM EDT
[#30]

@bmarshall1

I haven’t shot it it yet.  It is extremely light and the reviews are good.  Bought a couple when they were having a BOGO deal with their .22 cans.  

View All Quotes

@Gr8Santini

@bmarshall1

I haven’t shot it it yet.  It is extremely light and the reviews are good.  Bought a couple when they were having a BOGO deal with their .22 cans.  

@ Gr8Santini

I like the AB line and have an affection for 'the little guy' and innovators.  I have only heard good things about the AB line and by most (all) reviews they compare very favorably.  I almost got a couple during one their BOGO sales but went with the Scythe Ti and Mustang.

What size is your reflex?  Most reviews show the reflex and whatever length has a smaller impact on sound than I would have thought (a few DB's,  even so, something that adds very little weight and zero length is worth a few DBs.

Also, can we get a few details on your guns.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:39:25 PM EDT
[#31]

@ Gr8Santini

I like the AB line and have an affection for 'the little guy' and innovators.  I have only heard good things about the AB line and by most (all) reviews they compare very favorably.  I almost got a couple during one their BOGO sales but went with the Scythe Ti and Mustang.

What size is your reflex?  Most reviews show the reflex and whatever length has a smaller impact on sound than I would have thought (a few DB's,  even so, something that adds very little weight and zero length is worth a few DBs.

View Quote

@bmarshall1
Both cans pictured are mounted with the direct thread flush mount.  The cans came with 3” reflex modules that are too long for the host rifles.  I have an email in to AB to see if I can trade a 3” for a 2” for the 8.6.  

Top rifle: 8.6 blackout
Aero solus action
JTAC screeech owl chassis
Mos Tek 8.5” barrel 1:6.5 twist

Bottom rifle: 300 blk
Ruger American ranch action
Indian creek designs chassis
Nordic components CRS stock
Mos Tek 7” barrel 1:5 twist

Got em partially put together.  Need to install the triggers.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#32]
I just got my third Ruger Ranch. Started with a 7.62xCommie that I SBR’d then a 450BM and now a .223 that I’m sending to ADCO to profile for my OPS 12th. I can’t wait to see how it shoots. If it’s like the other two I’ll be pleased as punch. Don’t hate me but my next Ruger is going to be one of the new folding stock Minis.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#33]

@bmarshall1
Both cans pictured are mounted with the direct thread flush mount.  The cans came with 3” reflex modules that are too long for the host rifles.  I have an email in to AB to see if I can trade a 3” for a 2” for the 8.6.  

Aero solus action

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23396/IMG_1881-3201281.jpg
View All Quotes

@ Gr8Santini

@bmarshall1

Aero solus action

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23396/IMG_1881-3201281.jpg

@Gr8Santini

They both look really good, and purposeful, like they could do some 'business' if needed.

Which one (or features of each) do you like the best and for what reason?  I may have to do something similar.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:47:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:24:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Now I want one in 300 BO but they seem to be scarce at the moment.
View Quote

Cabela’s seems to have them, 10% off on Mondays for Club members.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

That's how I got my Gen 1 300BO, plus the .mil discount, It came out to $474 OTD.  Looking at a 7.62x39 Gen 2 version now.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:30:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Vaquero:
Didn’t plan on this, but I put a .308 predator with green stock on layaway at the local shop. $365.

Now I need to get some ammo and a scope…
View Quote

Sounds like a good buy. I thought you need to go online for that price.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:49:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By peacematu:

Sounds like a good buy. I thought you need to go online for that price.
View Quote

Sold as used, but not much at all.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:48:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Is the muzzle break installed with an adhesive or anything or just torqued on?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:00:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Is the muzzle break installed with an adhesive or anything or just torqued on?
View Quote

In general?

I installed a basic A2 flash hider on mine using a crush washer.  It allows it to be tight while indexed.  I would do the same with a muzzle break.

I did use some choke grease though in hopes of making it easier to remove if I ever wish to do so.

You will need a vice though; crush washers don't easily crush.  I was able to use a small generic bench vice and some thick heavy rubber material around the barrel.  I did read about folks using leather, but I had the heavy rubber I tried first and it worked without marking up the barrel.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By thederrick106:

In general?

I installed a basic A2 flash hider on mine using a crush washer.  It allows it to be tight while indexed.  I would do the same with a muzzle break.

I did use some choke grease though in hopes of making it easier to remove if I ever wish to do so.

You will need a vice though; crush washers don't easily crush.  I was able to use a small generic bench vice and some thick heavy rubber material around the barrel.  I did read about folks using leather, but I had the heavy rubber I tried first and it worked without marking up the barrel.
View Quote

I actually trying to get the factory muzzle brake off.  G2 BTW.
Link Posted: Yesterday 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thederrick106:

In general?

Wonder if they used rocket?
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:43:09 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

I got a Gen 2 Ruger Ranch from CDNN about a month ago. It came with a scope too. I think it was $539. I think I saw it again recently in one of their emails.
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:46:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Finally took a picture of mine (my 2nd - traded the 1st one off like a dumbass ). Nothing too fancy; just a good all-around rifle.

Link Posted: Yesterday 10:15:57 PM EDT
[#45]

Wonder if they used rocket?
View Quote

Rockset?  I don’t know but I don’t want to do something stupid.   May take to a gunsmith to get it off just to be safe.
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:27:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Just a note, UPS delivered the  mag conversion kit for my .308 today.

Although I had no clue how to use the assembly block it took less than 5 minutes to do the swap. Mag snaps In nicely.

Now It's time to paint that sucker. Dark concrete gray for this one.
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:29:32 PM EDT
[#47]
I was able to yank the one off my 300, just by putting the stock between my legs and using a wrench. It was easy, if I had any trouble I would have gone to the vice.
Link Posted: Today 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#48]
It's ridiculous that I'm sending a note about a $375 .22LR, but I thought this was kind of cool distributor exclusive Ruger American Rimfire.  16" threaded barrel with burnt bronze ceracote.  That would look really cool with a nice wood stock.
https://www.deleonrxgunsandammo.com/product/american-r-f-22lr-16-miniranch-15rd
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: Today 10:46:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By mPisi:
It's ridiculous that I'm sending a note about a $375 .22LR, but I thought this was kind of cool distributor exclusive Ruger American Rimfire.  16" threaded barrel with burnt bronze ceracote.  That would look really cool with a nice wood stock.
https://www.deleonrxgunsandammo.com/product/american-r-f-22lr-16-miniranch-15rd
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13081/1065877-14298088_jpg-3204387.JPG
View Quote

Well that's pretty sharp looking. I might have to FO that model.
Link Posted: Today 11:27:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 48
Ruger American Ranch (Page 47 of 48)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top