Link Posted: 6/17/2022 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 4:05:33 PM EDT
[#2]
What do the WH handlers say?
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Just guarantees allies when the inevitable festivities commence.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 4:48:12 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
From the article:
Since coming to power, Australia's new foreign minister Penny Wong has been on a whirlwind trip visiting Pacific island nations in an effort to improve bilateral ties   something which US observers belief is critical to curbing China's "malevolent" expansion.

"Australia moving so assertively, engagingly and wanting to help countries in the Pacific to sustain their sovereignty against Chinese pressure is really valuable," Ms Schake said.

"Your country and mine have left the Chinese too much uncontested space to provide investment, to provide security [in the Pacific]".
So, is Foreign Minister Wong bringing baskets of fruit with her, or actual proposals to these countries?

I'm pretty sure the US won't be doing anything of substance in the area. Ukraine certainly is not going either Ukraine's way or the US's way. Need to keep everything out of the news cycle except the January 6th Committee, Monkey Pox and Murder Hornets.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry but if I were in charge I’d launch an overwhelming nuclear first strike on China while their capabilities are still on the low end. We would lose a few west coast cities but I’d argue that’s an improvement. Either we do it now or later.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 5:01:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By zoinks:
From the article:
So, is Foreign Minister Wong bringing baskets of fruit with her, or actual proposals to these countries?

I'm pretty sure the US won't be doing anything of substance in the area. Ukraine certainly is not going either Ukraine's way or the US's way. Need to keep everything out of the news cycle except the January 6th Committee, Monkey Pox and Murder Hornets.
View Quote

Unfortunately and the shittiest if people seem to rise to leadership positions and get paid for doing Jack shit or fucking shit up or being a worthless piece of shit. Everyone posts clown world gifs well this is next level clown world to me because thousands if not millions are likely to die and the shitbags won’t have a single ramification or consequences for their failures, greed or incompetence.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 5:07:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By FlyNavy75:
Sorry but if I were in charge I’d launch an overwhelming nuclear first strike on China while their capabilities are still on the low end. We would lose a few west coast cities but I’d argue that’s an improvement. Either we do it now or later.
View Quote

You and me both.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 5:10:01 PM EDT
[#8]
What is he gonna do, crap himself twice?  That will teach them…
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By HellifIknow:
won’t do shit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HellifIknow:
Originally Posted By GGF:
FJB
won’t do shit.

He will issue another strongly worded press release.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 5:49:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

Unfortunately and the shittiest if people seem to rise to leadership positions and get paid for doing Jack shit or fucking shit up or being a worthless piece of shit. Everyone posts clown world gifs well this is next level clown world to me because thousands if not millions are likely to die and the shitbags won't have a single ramification or consequences for their failures, greed or incompetence.
View All Quotes
From the article:

Unfortunately and the shittiest if people seem to rise to leadership positions and get paid for doing Jack shit or fucking shit up or being a worthless piece of shit. Everyone posts clown world gifs well this is next level clown world to me because thousands if not millions are likely to die and the shitbags won't have a single ramification or consequences for their failures, greed or incompetence.
Yup, World War III is going to fix us good. We're surrounded by idiots who can only think to the next election cycle.
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 6:32:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 6:26:36 PM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
To borrow CarmelBytheSea's link, here are a couple of excerpts (because some of these articles are written under "by the word" contracts):
Today, the Biden team's plans for maintaining stability in the Indo-Pacific are inconsistent. The Biden administration does not want to build an "Asian NATO" or an anti-hegemonic coalition, but neither does the administration intend to rapidly arm Taiwan, allowing it to serve as its own credible threat against Chinese aggression.
This means the Biden Admin is planning to repeat it's performance and behavior if China actually does invade Taiwan.
China has the world's largest naval and standing ground forces, as well as the largest air forces in the Indo-Pacific region. China is beating the U.S. on hypersonic weapons; these weapons are capable of evading current missile defenses and are fueled by stolen U.S. technology. China is also fielding anti-ship missiles to hold U.S. ships at risk, and it pledges to become the world leader in artificial intelligence technology by 2030.

The implications of China's widening military advantages are dire. While China's sustained military buildup unquestionably supports its ambitions to reunify with Taiwan   and gain a chokehold over the all-important semiconductor industry   we should not naively assume that Beijing's aims for regional hegemony stop with the island. Manuals and writing from the People's Liberation Army explain that "as soon as Taiwan is reunified with Mainland China, Japan's maritime lines of communication will fall completely within the striking ranges of China's fighters and bombers."

China consistently racks up diplomatic victories as well. Earlier this year, China inked a new security pact with the Solomon Islands, giving China the right to access naval and port facilities in the Solomons   spread across shipping lanes connecting the United States to Asia.
The upshot here is that only China is making any sort of moves in furtherance of its political goals.

This is where we are as of today.

It brings to mind one very bad implication for our future.

The Biden Admin is playing "kick the can" with this issue.
Some of you may remember when the Obama Admin left power, they more or less did all they could to sabotage the incoming Trump Admin. I'm not talking about the hiding of information that went on, or the screwing with the phone systems etc. which was all the media was willing to report.
I'm talking about stacking up the National Security Council with pro-Obama admin people to gum up decision making process (up to 270 people for a council) and the constant stream of anonymous sourced media leaks, and then the "Resistance"  movements which eventually would become a books like American Resistance, Resistance At All Costs, and The Resistance: The Dawn of the Anti-Trump Opposition Movement and how much support these people received from those outside of the government. Plus, as the Obama Admin was sort of winding itself down, the sheer number of EOs created and agreements signed (one was the Paris Climate Agreement.)

All of these things were an attempt to make it harder for the new Trump Admin to succeed in a timely manner. It would also have lasting effects on the Country as a whole and most importantly us, the people. But those things didn't matter to the Democrats at the time, and they don't matter to the Democrats now. This isn't even covering what Congressional Democrats were doing in Congress or what the mainstream was also doing to undermine the Trump Admin. None of them cared about what is good for the Country and its people.

We have parallels here between Ukraine and Taiwan. Democrat Admins didn't want to arm Ukraine before the Russians invaded. (The Dems can state their own reasons; I won't bother with it.) (Also, for the record I understood that since 2015, Russia was eventually going to have to go in to link up the areas of Ukraine that Russia controlled since 2014, I didn't think Russia was going to actually do the plan that they did. I didn't believe the propaganda they created for us and themselves, but it looks like they did.) Now, that Russia has created the land bridge, the US is wiling to arm Ukraine. Of course, a lot of the modern weapons will end up in both Russian and Chinese hands for them to reverse engineer them. Sucks for us. But, overall, the Biden Admin hasn't helped a bad situation. In many ways, they are culpable for making things worse.

Comparing to Taiwan, the Biden Admin doesn't want to arm them either. Maybe they're waiting for the actual invasion as they did with Ukraine. Who knows.
On the other hand, the Biden Admin is being as quiet as they can be. Sure they send people to conferences because Biden isn't physically/mentally up to the task, but the Biden Admin doesn't use the power of the Press it commands. Not too many people knew that Austin was in Singapore for the Shangri La Conference. Since the news didn't cover it, the Biden Admin just went to express the status quo of what's going on in the region. Hardly helpful.

But, if we look at it in this manner, that the Biden Admin is trying to run out the clock on itself in an effort to fuck over the next Repub Admin, then it makes more sense since they have a history of doing these types of things.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#13]
It is Today's Laugh of the Day!!!!

Biden admin threatens response if China militarizes Solomon Islands

President Joe Biden's administration on Friday threatened to "respond accordingly" if China establishes a permanent military base in the Solomon Islands after the two nations signed a security agreement last month that will allow China to maintain armed police and resupply its visiting warships.

"If steps are taken to establish a de facto permanent military presence, power-projection capabilities, or a military installation, the delegation noted that the United States would then have significant concerns and respond accordingly," the White House said in a statement on Friday.

The statement came while announcing senior administration officials' visit to the Solomon Islands where they met with Prime Minister Manasseh Sogavare and "engaged in substantial discussion" about the agreement signed with China.

"Solomon Islands representatives indicated that the agreement had solely domestic applications, but the U.S. delegation noted there are potential regional security implications of the accord, including for the United States and its allies and partners," the statement added.

A leaked draft of the China-Solomon Islands deal ahead of its signing stipulated that China would be permitted to send security personnel armed with pistols, rifles, machine guns and a sniper rifle to the Solomon Islands after riots broke out in Honiara near the Chinese embassy last year.

The draft also said China would be allowed to "make ship visits to, carry out logistical replenishment in, and have stopover and transition in Solomon Islands"

Although a final draft of the agreement has not yet been released, Solomon Islands officials said they had accepted China's terms without objection because they "could not guarantee the safety of the [Chinese] Embassy and staff."
View Quote
Map of  Chinese militarized islands and reefs:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1737/_86351980_south_china_sea_reefs_624_v6_j-2361895.JPG

Location of Solomon Islands:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1737/solomon-map_jpg-2361897.JPG

What kind of responses would the Biden-Harris Administration implement? Threaten to take less bribe money from the Chinese or more? Hard to say.

View Quote
go ahead, piss off china, they'll retaliate and won't let him bring his poopy diapers to Chinese laundry.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:18:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:

You and me both.
View All Quotes

You and me both.

For the sake of argument, what do both of you believe those capabilities are?  Why do you think that those capabilities would only result in a few cities (assuming China went counter-value) going up in smoke?   The WaPo of all places, had an interesting article awhile back on some prof having his class do open-source estimation of the size of the PRC strategic rocket deterrent.  It was much larger than the 1960s estimates that keep getting used.  Nevermind that one ICBM bus on a major US city would be the worse public health disaster of all time.  

And I'm just talking about nukes, here.  Nothing exotic like, e.g., bioinformatics developmentally-guided CRISPR bugs.  It still would be a hideously bad idea.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 5:33:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zoinks] [#15]
Found some videos on youtube over the weekend. Australia is at least putting some effort into looking like they realize they have a problem. Good for them.
The past few Australian governments have been very close to the the US Democrat Party. One of their Ambassadors even tried to help with the "Russian Collusion" narrative. The Australians may have just realized that the Democrats may not be helping them in the future.

First video is Australian produced; second is from New Zealand, I believe; last
Foreign Minister Nanaia Mahuta meets with Australian counterpart as pacific tensions rise | Newshub
video is from Singapore.
Penny Wong welcomes Solomon Islands 'reassurance'

Solomon Islands reassures Australia about threat of China military base

the Australians just elected a new government about 4 weeks ago.

ETA: just found this video:
Australian PM Anthony Albanese signals stronger ties with Southeast Asia on Indonesia trip

Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:45:44 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

I have my criticisms of MacArthur's conduct in WWII, but the man knew the score in Korea. Thwarted by that jizz gargler Truman, and look where we are now.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:56:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
This is the headline to the article:
U.S. vows more high-level engagement with Pacific islands amid China push
I'm guessing the goons that monitor our board reported that the Admin needed to do something!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Sounds like Obama's line in the sand.   LOL, poor Joe.  Go have an Ice Cream and a nap.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 12:16:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 12:18:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Keekleberrys] [#22]
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 12:19:11 AM EDT
[#23]
They’ll call his bluff and he won’t do anything.

We don’t got the fuel anyway.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 12:19:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Oh yeah, the similarity between the Imperial Japanese' "Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere" and the People's Republic of China's "Belt and Road Initiative" is remarkable.
Taiwan lost support from Solomon Islands. China continues to isolate Taiwan and try to dominate Australia while pushing the USA out of Asia and the Pacific.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/F08649EA-A85E-4902-B1D2-8D3B40F10533_jpe-2362652.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/03D36F96-64CB-45B9-90A0-8E0AC1F60590_png-2362653.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/7402F1C8-D679-4157-BA88-16927FD90B0B_jpe-2362654.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/41040FB1-D56B-4485-B80A-CD9C303DCD12_jpe-2362658.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/B07B1271-EA38-4653-8D19-80694D55C936_jpe-2362659.JPG

Fuckin Tonga. bucnh of traitors!
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 12:20:40 AM EDT
[#25]
I like how this shit is shaping up to be another fucking US vs USSR except it's US vs China this go round.

I hope the music and pop culture will be just as good as it were in the 80s this time around
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 12:27:12 AM EDT
[#26]
People say that DJT/45 would get the US into WW3, I think China may call JB/KH's bluff.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 12:36:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By midcap:
I like how this shit is shaping up to be another fucking US vs USSR except it's US vs China this go round.

I hope the music and pop culture will be just as good as it were in the 80s this time around
View Quote

Impossible Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 3:16:52 PM EDT
[#28]
This new Australian Gov't has been in power almost 5 weeks, and they are moving at break neck speed. I'm impressed. Maybe they'll even free their own people!
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:26:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 10:47:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Be funny if our reply was a permanent base on Taiwan.
View Quote

Chicoms would be absolutely apoplectic frothing at the mouth furious over the threat of a US base in Taiwan... it would be a fantastic gambit to deter Chinese expansion.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes
From the article Carmel provided:
But the regional bloc's first face-to-face meeting in almost three years in Fiji's capital Suva didn't turn out to be the warm reunion many expected.

A day before the event began, Kiribati - one of the most isolated islands in the world - made a surprise announcement that it wouldn't attend the summit and quit the bloc altogether.
The China factor

The region's strategic location and need for assistance have triggered a battle for influence in the Pacific, with China keen on playing a prominent role.

In June Beijing proposed a sweeping trade and security deal with 10 countries in the region. But it was shelved after many of the countries declined to sign.

China did however host a separate political dialogue with Pacific Island countries at the same time as the PIF forum was taking place in Suva.

Today, the IDCPC hosted the 2nd China-PICs Political Leadership Dialogue, joined by Hon. @ISeruiratu and other delegates of PICs. HE Amb. Qian Bo also attended. Mutual respect, equality, win-win cooperation, openness and inclusiveness remains key features of China-PICs relations. pic.twitter.com/SbWN7Aeznr

Chinese Embassy in Fiji (@ChineseEmb_FJ) July 14, 2022
I wonder whether the Chinese Embassy Spokesperson in Fiji went to Harvard or Yale to be able to write that statement.

Also from the article further down the page:
A geopolitical tug-of-war

But China is not the only country increasing its presence in the Pacific.

Beijing's actions have revitalised the interest of other stakeholders who have long been absent from the region's geopolitics - such as the US.

US Vice President Kamala Harris addressed the forum, announcing two new embassies in Kiribati and the Solomon Islands. She also tripled current aid levels to help combat illegal fishing, enhance maritime security and tackle climate change, after decades of stalled funding.

I guess we have two things to be thankful for: the new government in Australia and Sri Lanka for the at least a glimmer of a hope that China will be paying extra for any moves in the Islands.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 6:36:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Waldo:

"respond accordingly" means sending them more oil from the SPR.
View Quote
LOL!
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By TheAvatar9265ft:

Chicoms would be absolutely apoplectic frothing at the mouth furious over the threat of a US base in Taiwan... it would be a fantastic gambit to deter Chinese expansion.
View Quote
The one amazing thing is there is no rhetorical war at all regarding Taiwan. Everybody just shut up about it. There aren't even any non-profit think tanks out there propagandizing. It's a simple question: How can China reclaim something that was never Chinese to begin with? Make the PRC answer!!

Link Posted: 7/18/2022 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#35]
yeah, they will make our military more jabbed, more gender fluid and use whatever they can as an excuse to bleed America of more funds.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 3:26:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 9:50:35 AM EDT
[#37]
From Carmel's link:
En route to the conference, Milley told reporters traveling that the Chinese military has become significantly more aggressive and dangerous in recent years.
They must be having donuts if Milley's going!

Fat jokes aside, and even whining about they're late to the party aside, besides as we here have already pointed out that the PRC has managed to replicate the slimmed down version (one last fat joke) of the Imperial Japanese Co-prosperity zone without firing too many shots, or no where near just as many shots, I guess this is a case of "better late than never."
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 10:40:05 AM EDT
[#38]
WW2 all over - maybe I can reup and get the 1940 American campaign medal before Pearl Harbor 2.0 happens https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-/5-2572771/?tl=&r=-1&page=1&anc=bottom#bottom
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#39]
WW2 all over - maybe I can reup and get the 1940 American campaign medal before Pearl Harbor 2.0 happens https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-/5-2572771/?tl=&r=-1&page=1&anc=bottom#bottom
View Quote
Not me, Brother!!! It'll be the same arguments I had throughout the '80s about the lack of Training. I quit.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 2:21:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Nailcrusher:
War is inevitable.
Only question is when.
View Quote

not enough civil strife here, yet. when it is time, they will know.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 3:40:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#41]
Not me, Brother!!! It'll be the same arguments I had throughout the '80s about the lack of Training. I quit.
View Quote

GD assures me that we can beat China in 1 day; Peter Zeihan, 3 Gorges Dam and Harbor Freight so it should be a cakewalk.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 3:43:25 PM EDT
[#42]

GD assures me that we can beat China in 1 day; Peter Zeihan, 3 Gorges Dam and Harbor Freight so it should be a cakewalk.
View Quote

We can beat China. It certainly won't be fast or without cost.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 3:49:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#44]
War is inevitable.
Only question is when.
View Quote

Not until we have people in charge that aren’t completely stupid.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

I don't think there's anymore "winning" for the US.

Korea, Viet Nam, Iraq, Afghanistan is evidence that if a country doesn't want victory, and all the risks and costs that it entails, it will not have it. All four of these cases involved the US creating a "condition" or a status quo that none of the other parties involved wanted, needed or desired. In essence, their survivability was never threatened or even in question. They believed their Victory was always attainable. It was only ever a matter of time.

I think that for the most part, the political elite just want the US to survive confrontations, so they can continue to extract and exploit.

Wars are good for business. It's also great for the lovingly long held Progressive position of getting rid of the undesirable human beings. Eugenics and forced sterilization, or taking the weak-willed and convincing them to self-sterilze for sexual practice reasons) will only get them so far, so fast.

Besides "Going for Victory" is too risky for the political elite. It might involve confrontation with other foreign elites or within their own cellular elite. It might create new elites who will be confrontational fresh from Victory. Look what happened to England after the WWII as the US rose to even greater heights than World War I gave it. They completely fell apart in a little more than 14 years. By the 1960s, England was just a place on a map almost totally divorced from its History.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 6:43:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Send in Boyington
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By dorobuta:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dorobuta:
War is inevitable.
Only question is when.

dorobuta has hit the nail on the head why I don't think Taiwan is ready for invasion: no uptick in civil strife; no uptick in street level crime; no uptick in political strife; Taiwan's economy is fairly stable. Hard/Difficult to invade a country that isn't at War with itself. That Country becomes the Clauswitz' Ideal Country where the "Advantage" is the Defense.

Now, compared to the US, there are really good indications that invasions on either coast would go well. Antifa, BLM, and a host of other lesser known street/criminal gangs throughout the US how have international contacts,  and even the Dems would use an invasion to grab more power for themselves first. That's how bad things are here now. It's a complete redux of the late 1970s, but worse.

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Here's a quote from the article:
The whitepaper also highlighted China's ties with "aggressor nation" Russia, noting a trend of countries' military aircraft conducting joint overflights in the airspace and ships patrolling waters near Japan.

It again highlighted China's efforts to "unilaterally change or attempt to change the status quo by coercion in the East China Sea and South China Sea." It also noted China has made clear it will not hesitate to unify the self-ruling island of Taiwan, by force if necessary. Beijing considers Taiwan a rogue province. Japan noted that this rhetoric further increases tension in the region.

Japan described Taiwan in the whitepaper as "an extremely important partner for Japan, sharing the same fundamental values such as freedom and democracy." The island's stability was called "critical for Japan's security and must be closely monitored with a sense of urgency." The document also encouraged the international community to recognize that changes to the status quo by coercion are globally shared challenges.

Japan is drawing up a new national security strategy to "preemptively deter changes to the status quo by force and to also be fully prepared for modern warfare, including information warfare and cyber warfare, both seen during Russia's aggression against Ukraine," the whitepaper read.
First, Abe's murder changes nothing. They're still on their march. Good for Japan.

Second, it doesn't get pointed out enough, but before there was a Taiwan, the island was called Formosa. The indigenous people thought themselves culturally tied to Japan, not to China.

Calling Taiwan "an extremely important partner for Japan, sharing the same fundamental values such as freedom and democracy" is as close as Japan saying, "yes, we remember how things were," as we'll probably see for the near future.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#49]

President Joe Biden's administration on Friday threatened to "respond accordingly" if China establishes a permanent military base in the Solomon Islands after the two nations signed a security agreement last month that will allow China to maintain armed police and resupply its visiting warships.

"If steps are taken to establish a de facto permanent military presence, power-projection capabilities, or a military installation, the delegation noted that the United States would then have significant concerns and respond accordingly," the White House said in a statement on Friday.

The statement came while announcing senior administration officials' visit to the Solomon Islands where they met with Prime Minister Manasseh Sogavare and "engaged in substantial discussion" about the agreement signed with China.

"Solomon Islands representatives indicated that the agreement had solely domestic applications, but the U.S. delegation noted there are potential regional security implications of the accord, including for the United States and its allies and partners," the statement added.

A leaked draft of the China-Solomon Islands deal ahead of its signing stipulated that China would be permitted to send security personnel armed with pistols, rifles, machine guns and a sniper rifle to the Solomon Islands after riots broke out in Honiara near the Chinese embassy last year.

The draft also said China would be allowed to "make ship visits to, carry out logistical replenishment in, and have stopover and transition in Solomon Islands"

Although a final draft of the agreement has not yet been released, Solomon Islands officials said they had accepted China's terms without objection because they "could not guarantee the safety of the [Chinese] Embassy and staff."
View Quote
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1737/_86351980_south_china_sea_reefs_624_v6_j-2361895.JPG

What kind of responses would the Biden-Harris Administration implement? Threaten to take less bribe money from the Chinese or more? Hard to say.

View Quote

I wonder what potato Joe would do?

Maybe host a pride parade?
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:58:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Lawmonkey:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lawmonkey:

I'm afraid that we are all just along for the ride.

If you've checked out any news stories about the phone call between Xi and Biden from the other day, you'd be able to tell that the Biden Admin is talking out of both-sides-of-it-mouth. It now refuses to prove it's assertions because they might not be true.

We're stuck in Ukraine because of payoffs to Biden through his family. That's why the US attempted to turn it into a proxy for to "Russia." That bigger problem will hide the littler problem of bribes to the Biden family.

Who knows what'll happen with China. The Chinese CCP needs to make some sort of move. It's choices are within its borders or outside of its borders. The CCP is just as trapped as Biden is, but more so. Due to Chinese politics of the last 7 years, any type of failure can only be seen as a failure of the CCP since they've taken everything over. There has never been a communist party that tolerated criticism. They reacted typically with deadly force authorized. Things are bad in China, very bad. Quarantining Shang-Hai was about controlling party members, not to eliminate Covid infections. That's how bad things are there.

Time is running out for the Chinese. In fact, Time is running out for all of us. The Obama Admin fomenting color revolutions around the World after (what they termed as a successful operation) destroying Libya in 2012 set us on the path toward WWIII. After all, the ending of World War I was actually the very beginning of World War II. No one saw it as that, but it was just that in the final analysis.
Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top