BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 257
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:17:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Former11BRAVO] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

Republicans are about to be on the wrong side of control of the House, as well.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJS10cWW8AAMVZw?format=jpg&name=medium

View Quote

Fuck that prick!

ETA: Is there a Constitution Party?

Cuz I want that!!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:38:00 PM EDT
[#2]
In 2024, rarely does something happen in a vacuum.  

US EMBASSY WARNED THEM… | MAJOR EVENT JUST KICKED OFF

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 8:01:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:

I don't get it.

What's the difference between deflation and inflation?

Isn't it really just a rose by a different name = my dollars won't buy jack or shit?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alacran:

Yes, I’ve heard for decades that deflation was a major sign of a potential depression economy.  

It’s amazing the number of similarities we continue to see in the world today with the late 1920s and the progress leading up to a world war.

I don't get it.

Isn't it really just a rose by a different name = my dollars won't buy jack or shit?

No. In deflation, things get cheaper tomorrow compared to today, so your dollar is worth more. But it stalls consumer spending because people believe if they wait, things get cheaper.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 8:12:00 PM EDT
[#4]

I don't get it.

View All Quotes

Yes, I’ve heard for decades that deflation was a major sign of a potential depression economy.  

It’s amazing the number of similarities we continue to see in the world today with the late 1920s and the progress leading up to a world war.

I don't get it.

I think Peter Zeihan explained it fairly well.  It ultimately leads to everyone losing their jobs with not enough spending to fuel the economic engine that’s needed to generate a strong economy. Once it starts falling, it falls like a rock.

I wasn’t an economic major, I just remembered the peril warning associated with deflation and made a conscious effort to keep it in mind and be aware of it if it ever happens.

Otherwise, I’ll defer to others who can explain it more accurately.

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 8:17:55 PM EDT
[#5]

I think Peter Zeihan explained it fairly well.  It ultimately leads to everyone losing their jobs with not enough spending to fuel the economic engine that’s needed to generate a strong economy. Once it starts falling, it falls like a rock.

I wasn’t an economic major, I just remembered the peril warning associated with deflation and made a conscious effort to keep it in mind and be aware of it if it ever happens.

View All Quotes

I don't get it.

That is Keynesian theory. Not all economic schools of thought see deflation as catastrophic.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 8:21:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Beef Cattle Tracking Sneaked into US Spending Bill

Beef Cattle Tracking Sneaked into US Spending Bill

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 8:28:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By exponentialpi:

No. In deflation, things get cheaper tomorrow compared to today, so your dollar is worth more. But it stalls consumer spending because people believe if they wait, things get cheaper.
View All Quotes

I don't get it.

Okay.

I guess I was thinking of devaluation.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 8:36:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Since inflation has hit he things that people actually need, ie housing, food, utilities, fuel etc, and its bad enough now that not many people are blowing money or have anything left to do so, wouldn't that make deflation less likely?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm seeing ISIS is "taking credit" for the Moscow attack.

WTF would they have to gain by that?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 8:49:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcome to Biden's America  

Video ^^

Real America’s Voice
@BenBergquam
Is Detained & Handcuffed In The Back Of Border Patrol For Filming The Illegal Immigrant Invasion

Fellow reporters “Brought out of the car at gunpoint with handcuffs”

60- 70 illegal migrants walk around free as reporters are detained for documenting what’s happening at the border

“So I'm actually in the back of a border patrol car right now. As we're coming back filming the invasion of our country, we're actually stopped by border patrol and law enforcement. They're bringing each one of us out of the vehicle with our hands above our head and behind our backs, guns drawn like we're criminals while Washington DC is supporting the cartels. And all while this is happening, we've got 60 illegals just standing by the wall. No problem.

They can walk on in. Brandon just got added into this vehicle. The tip we're down there to get it. And now he's actually in handcuffs. Brought out of the car at gunpoint with handcuffs.

While our country's being invaded, we're down here exposing the invasion. They're more worried about us than they were are about the 60 guys that are back behind us. That they're just letting stay here. We are sitting in a patrol car. We got Harry in another one.

We got Jack in another one and and, uh, Ben in the other one. This is insane. We've got 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 units out here dealing with us that are just exposing what Joe Biden's doing. They don't care about them, they care about us. Unbelievable, guys.

God bless law enforcement, but let's go Brandon. This guy's gotta go. This whole administration. Bad boys. What you gonna do?”

I can’t transcribe it all due to X’s text limits but this is absolutely insane. This is Biden’s America

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#11]

More than half the R's voted against this bill.  Time for a new Speaker.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJST2VaXsAAHKQb?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

View Quote

Rep. MTG: “This Will Be The Fall Of Mike Johnson For Allowing This Bill To Happen And Not Fighting And Defending Our Southern Border”
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:45:43 PM EDT
[#12]

That is Keynesian theory. Not all economic schools of thought see deflation as catastrophic.
View All Quotes

I don't get it.

My explanation or that deflation leads to a depression or both?

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:46:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I think the moronic mouth-breathers who've attacked this thread will soon be eating their words.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:58:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Update:

View All Quotes

Update:

So, Stellantis had an EV product associated with a Dare Forward 2030 strategic plan and the layoff was to better align resources to reach that goal.

I wonder how much A.I. played in this layoff?

Stellantis fires hundreds of engineers

Stellantis fires hundreds of engineers

The automaker confirmed with FOX 2 that it was firing hundreds of its engineers - many who learned during a virtual meeting after the company asked its white collar workers to work remotely on Friday.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:04:25 AM EDT
[#15]
I think the moronic mouth-breathers who've attacked this thread will soon be eating their words.
View Quote

How soon is soon?
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:10:40 AM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

I don't get it.

That deflation leads to a depression.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:23:06 AM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

I don't get it.

Thanks.  I can’t remember exactly when I first heard that, but it was a long time ago, well before 2007. I want to say 1980s or 1990s.  

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:26:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By jb1001:

How soon is soon?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jb1001:

How soon is soon?

They should be already.

Maybe you're looking for "two more weeks"...
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 1:06:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks.  I can’t remember exactly when I first heard that, but it was a long time ago, well before 2007. I want to say 1980s or 1990s.  
View Quote
Thats been the mantra since the 1950’s. 1929 spooked a lot of people.

The problem is by going too far to one extreme (Greenspan put, TARP, ZIRP) the issue with moral hazard amplifies. People bank on bailouts now.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 1:19:46 AM EDT
[#20]
For entertainment purposes for movie lovers….

Interesting parallels with both Red Dawn movies and current events happening now.  Some are a bit of a stretch, some are obvious and predictable, and some are possibly a bit surprisingly too close to reality.  The later being how how they invaded by taking commercial fights into the US (Red Dawn 1984) and how Biden is also currently flying illegals into the US via commercial flights.  That one is a little too close for comfort to me.  

Just remember, the original villain country in Red Dawn 2012 was China but China complained, Hollywood caved and then changed the villain to be North Korea after a year of digitally altering china symbolism to North Korea symbolism.

Red Dawn 1984 intro

Red Dawn 2012 intro

Marfoogle program

WHY IS THIS SO CLOSE TO REALITY?

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 2:08:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#21]

The problem is by going too far to one extreme (Greenspan put, TARP, ZIRP) the issue with moral hazard amplifies. People bank on bailouts now.
View All Quotes

I have to say, I wasn’t a fan of Greenspan AT ALL.  

Sorry if I may have ignored your financial posts before but please chime in on any economic information you deem important.  I’ve been hearing about a collapse since the 1990s but today seems more imperil, for somewhat obvious reasons.  

Admittedly, I’ve always felt this was my Achille’s heel, so I may have been grasping at straws but feel the straws I’ve grasp are sound information - such as Danielle Demartino Booth, Kitco News, Lena Petrova, Daniella Cambone, Lynette Zang, and Ed Dowd.

…among a few others.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 5:10:54 AM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 3:49:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#23]
Aftermath of the Texas Panhandle Fire - Adobe Walls Artifacts found from 1870s.

LUCKY TO HAVE COWS TO SHIP #fire #texas #ranch

LUCKY TO HAVE COWS TO SHIP

We’re so lucky we didn’t lose more cattle in the fire but we did lose all the grass in a very hot fire.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 6:06:22 PM EDT
[#24]

Video:

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 7:39:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Pawn shops know something about the US economy that Biden doesn't: Times are still tough

EL PASO, Texas – Clay Baron has everything in his pawn shop from gold rings and pearl necklaces to vintage cowboy boots, silver belt buckles, stereos and ticking clocks.

The only thing he's short on is space. “Right now we have a glut of inventory,” Baron said, “which tells me that our clientele doesn't necessarily have money.”

Accumulating pawn shop inventory means fewer buyers than sellers – a sign that for the lowest-income Americans, times remain tough.

President Joe Biden is trying to persuade Americans that the economy is on the upswing, and he has been touting economic indicators that he says prove it: easing inflation, rising job growth and wages, unemployment near record lows, a surging stock market.

But the president’s rosy economic picture hasn't reached everyone.

Two years of steep inflation has hit working families hard, especially those living paycheck to paycheck.

Baron’s store – called Dave’s – is an icon of downtown El Paso. Outside, an Elvis statue stands with a permanently cocked hip and a guitar in hand, while the King’s hits blast onto the street.

The shop, which his family has owned for four generations, sits at an economic borderline.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/03/24/pawnshops-tell-different-economic-story-than-biden/72881561007/?tbref=hp

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 7:48:57 AM EDT
[#26]
A British trial…

Oxfordshire County Council Pass Climate Lockdown 'trial' to Begin in 2024

Oxfordshire County Council yesterday approved plans to lock residents into one of six zones to 'save the planet' from global warming.  The latest stage in the '15 minute city' agenda is to place electronic gates on key roads in and out of the city, confining residents to their own neighbourhoods.  

Under the new scheme if residents want to leave their zone they will need permission from the Council who gets to decide who is worthy of freedom and who isn't.  Under the new scheme residents will be allowed to leave their zone a maximum of 100 days per year, but in order to even gain this every resident will have to register their car details with the council who will then track their movements via smart cameras round the city.  

Communism will make the weather better.

Oxfordshire County Council, which is run by Labour, the Liberal Democrats and the Green Party, secretly decided to divide-up the city of Oxford into six ‘15 minute’ districts in 2021 soon after they were elected to office.  None of the councillors declared their intention of imprisoning local residents in their manifestos of course, preferring to make vague claims about how they will 'improve the environment' instead.  

Every resident will be required to register their car with the County Council who will then monitor how many times they leave their district via number plate recognition cameras.  And don’t think you can beat the system if you’re a two car household.  Those two cars will be counted as one meaning you will have to divide up the journeys between yourselves. 2 cars 50 journeys each;  3 cars 33 journeys each and so on.

Under the new rules, your social life becomes irrelevant.  By de facto Councils get to dictate how many times per year you can see friends and family.  You will be stopped from fraternising with anyone outside your district, and if you want a long distance relationship in the future, forget it, you are confined to dating only those within a 15 minute walk of your house.

A single person’s life will be at the mercy of Communists in central office, dictating the same type of draconian rules we had to avert the last crisis, a mild flu virus so deadly 80% of people didn't even know they had it.

An entirely new social structure is being imposed on Oxford's residents ( and more cities are to follow) under the lie of saving the planet.  but what it really is, is a plan for Command and Control.   There will be permits, penalties and even more ubiquitous surveillance.  Council officials will determine where you can go and how often, and will log every time you do. 15-minute cities, or 15 minute prisons?

https://www.visionnews.online/post/oxfordshire-county-council-pass-climate-lockdown-trial-to-begin-in-2024
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 7:57:44 AM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:19:49 AM EDT
[#28]
I can absolutely guarantee I won't be signing up for this insanity.

https://modernity.news/2024/03/25/michigan-offering-citizens-500-per-month-to-house-illegal-immigrants/

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#29]

https://modernity.news/2024/03/25/michigan-offering-citizens-500-per-month-to-house-illegal-immigrants/

View Quote

Dems won't let them leave , they are a weapon to be utilized when needed .

Try and deport them . They were invited here for a reason .
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:39:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DarkStar] [#30]
Originally Posted By Morlawn66:

View Quote

Yes indeed.

NATURAL ALLIES: Feds & Libertarians Team Up to Arm Illegal Migrants

Video:  Michael Yon, Ann Vandersteel, and Alex Jones:

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:44:26 AM EDT
[#31]
A British trial…

Oxfordshire County Council yesterday approved plans to lock residents into one of six zones to 'save the planet' from global warming.  The latest stage in the '15 minute city' agenda is to place electronic gates on key roads in and out of the city, confining residents to their own neighbourhoods.  

Under the new scheme if residents want to leave their zone they will need permission from the Council who gets to decide who is worthy of freedom and who isn't.  Under the new scheme residents will be allowed to leave their zone a maximum of 100 days per year, but in order to even gain this every resident will have to register their car details with the council who will then track their movements via smart cameras round the city.  

Oxfordshire County Council, which is run by Labour, the Liberal Democrats and the Green Party, secretly decided to divide-up the city of Oxford into six ‘15 minute’ districts in 2021 soon after they were elected to office.  None of the councillors declared their intention of imprisoning local residents in their manifestos of course, preferring to make vague claims about how they will 'improve the environment' instead.  

Every resident will be required to register their car with the County Council who will then monitor how many times they leave their district via number plate recognition cameras.  And don’t think you can beat the system if you’re a two car household.  Those two cars will be counted as one meaning you will have to divide up the journeys between yourselves. 2 cars 50 journeys each;  3 cars 33 journeys each and so on.

Under the new rules, your social life becomes irrelevant.  By de facto Councils get to dictate how many times per year you can see friends and family.  You will be stopped from fraternising with anyone outside your district, and if you want a long distance relationship in the future, forget it, you are confined to dating only those within a 15 minute walk of your house.

A single person’s life will be at the mercy of Communists in central office, dictating the same type of draconian rules we had to avert the last crisis, a mild flu virus so deadly 80% of people didn't even know they had it.

An entirely new social structure is being imposed on Oxford's residents ( and more cities are to follow) under the lie of saving the planet.  but what it really is, is a plan for Command and Control.   There will be permits, penalties and even more ubiquitous surveillance.  Council officials will determine where you can go and how often, and will log every time you do. 15-minute cities, or 15 minute prisons?

https://www.visionnews.online/post/oxfordshire-county-council-pass-climate-lockdown-trial-to-begin-in-2024
View Quote

What in the living Fuck is this shit?!?    I predict this will not go as they planned.

I was in Luton a few years back and noticed a camera pole that was blackened and burned.  I said to our driver, "wow, pretty bad accident here to cause that damage.".

He chuckled and said that was no accident.  They set the cameras on fire here.

We may see this shit in the news and shake our heads, but rebellion is not dead there. See blade runners and the like.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Love my state
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:56:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Ender875:

What in the living Fuck is this shit?!?    I predict this will not go as they planned.

I was in Luton a few years back and noticed a camera pole that was blackened and burned.  I said to our driver, "wow, pretty bad accident here to cause that damage.".

We may see this shit in the news and shake our heads, but rebellion is not dead there. See blade runners and the like.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ender875:
A British trial…

OH YEAH!!

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:19:36 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Not just no but fuck no.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 12:20:14 PM EDT
[#35]
A British trial

Oxfordshire County Council, which is run by Labour, the Liberal Democrats and the Green Party, secretly decided to divide-up the city of Oxford into six '15 minute' districts in 2021 soon after they were elected to office.  None of the councillors declared their intention of imprisoning local residents in their manifestos of course, preferring to make vague claims about how they will 'improve the environment' instead.  

Every resident will be required to register their car with the County Council who will then monitor how many times they leave their district via number plate recognition cameras.  And don't think you can beat the system if you're a two car household.  Those two cars will be counted as one meaning you will have to divide up the journeys between yourselves. 2 cars 50 journeys each;  3 cars 33 journeys each and so on.

A single person's life will be at the mercy of Communists in central office, dictating the same type of draconian rules we had to avert the last crisis, a mild flu virus so deadly 80% of people didn't even know they had it.

View Quote

Might not be entirely true.

AP
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By WoodHeat:

AP
View All Quotes
A British trial

Oxfordshire County Council, which is run by Labour, the Liberal Democrats and the Green Party, secretly decided to divide-up the city of Oxford into six '15 minute' districts in 2021 soon after they were elected to office.  None of the councillors declared their intention of imprisoning local residents in their manifestos of course, preferring to make vague claims about how they will 'improve the environment' instead.  

Every resident will be required to register their car with the County Council who will then monitor how many times they leave their district via number plate recognition cameras.  And don't think you can beat the system if you're a two car household.  Those two cars will be counted as one meaning you will have to divide up the journeys between yourselves. 2 cars 50 journeys each;  3 cars 33 journeys each and so on.

A single person's life will be at the mercy of Communists in central office, dictating the same type of draconian rules we had to avert the last crisis, a mild flu virus so deadly 80% of people didn't even know they had it.

AP

Back when “the Fact checkers” ran wild.

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:42:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#37]
Full Measure: March 24, 2024 - Cuba Economy

Full Measure: March 24, 2024 - with Sharyl Attkisson

Cuba Economy - 01:35

Cuba, one of America’s closest foreign neighbors, is mired deep in an economic crisis, caused in part by declining tourism revenue, U.S. sanctions, and higher food and energy prices stemming from the war in Ukraine. Meantime, you may not have heard some big news: the communist island nation has officially declared its Soviet-modeled economy dead and has begun a transition to something quite different. Today, we’re off to Havana to see what that looks like.

Ending Exports - 09:05

The U.S. is now producing more oil than any country in history. It’s a trend that’s been building in recent years, a remarkable turnaround since 2008 when exports were zero. You’d think it would be something to brag about — so why isn’t the Biden administration boasting? Scott Thuman reports.

Guaranteed Income - 15:05

Should taxpayers have to pay to give some Americans a so-called guaranteed income — without them having to work for it? The question draws sharply-divided responses. Lisa Fletcher examines both sides of an expanding debate.

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:06:50 PM EDT
[#38]

Back when "the Fact checkers" ran wild.

View All Quotes
A British trial

AP

The story sounded like BS as it was presented. The AP version, even though they're MSM, seems quite a bit more plausible.

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:11:13 PM EDT
[#39]

The story sounded like BS as it was presented. The AP version, even though they're MSM, seems quite a bit more plausible.

View All Quotes
A British trial

AP

This was covered quite a bit back then.

'Utterly undemocratic' 15-minute city proposal: Oxford City Council plans to restrict public traffic
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:33:45 PM EDT
[#40]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUtdnbagcqM
View All Quotes
A British trial

AP

Further confirming the post above wasn't a fair representation of the proposal. It's still a gross overreach, but nobody is being "locked down" and prevented from moving about in any way other than through cost.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:08:55 PM EDT
[#41]

Further confirming the post above wasn't a fair representation of the proposal. It's still a gross overreach, but nobody is being "locked down" and prevented from moving about in any way other than through cost.
View All Quotes
A British trial

AP

As long as you travel the appropriate routes and have an approved permit or can pay the fines, under the plans at the time.  This was a typical layout for 15- minute cities to restrict traffic.  As technology entered the plan, that’s when the restrictions grow even more draconian and become irreversible.

It’s still the road to communism.  It just seems strange to argue that it isn’t as “the Fact checkers” typically do.

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:27:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Yes indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXCB25iRPRY

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Morlawn66:

Yes indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXCB25iRPRY

Is America Next? US Border Chief Warns US Vulnerable

Is America Next? US Border Chief Warns US Vulnerable

Border chief issues chilling warning: Keeps me 'up at night'

Border chief issues chilling warning: Keeps me 'up at night'

Border Patrol chief Jason Owens says border situation is a "national security threat"

Border Patrol chief Jason Owens says border situation is a "national security threat"

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:34:49 PM EDT
[#43]

https://theprepperjournal.com/2013/09/05/music-stops-americas-cities-may-explode-violence/

When The Music Stops – How America’s Cities May Explode In Violence

In response to recent articles in mainstream military journals discussing the use of the U.S. Army to quell insurrections on American soil, I offer an alternate vision of the future. Instead of a small town in the South as the flash point, picture instead a score of U.S. cities in the thrall of riots greater than those experienced in Los Angeles in 1965 (Watts), multiple cities in 1968 (MLK assassination), and Los Angeles again in 1992 (Rodney King). New Yorkers can imagine the 1977 blackout looting or the 1991 Crown Heights disturbance. In fact, the proximate spark of the next round of major riots in America could be any from a long list cribbed from our history.

Much more at link.

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#44]

https://theprepperjournal.com/2013/09/05/music-stops-americas-cities-may-explode-violence/

When The Music Stops – How America’s Cities May Explode In Violence

In response to recent articles in mainstream military journals discussing the use of the U.S. Army to quell insurrections on American soil, I offer an alternate vision of the future. Instead of a small town in the South as the flash point, picture instead a score of U.S. cities in the thrall of riots greater than those experienced in Los Angeles in 1965 (Watts), multiple cities in 1968 (MLK assassination), and Los Angeles again in 1992 (Rodney King). New Yorkers can imagine the 1977 blackout looting or the 1991 Crown Heights disturbance. In fact, the proximate spark of the next round of major riots in America could be any from a long list cribbed from our history.

Much more at link.

View Quote

Make of this what you will.  I saw this happen to my small town on the weekend before the lockdowns began in 2020.  That was an eye-opening realization for me at the time and has stayed with me ever since.  I live within 100 miles of the DFW Metroplex.

What has happened once can happen again.

Safer Survival Distance From USA City Hordes

https://modernsurvivalblog.com/security/safer-survival-distance-from-usa-city-hordes/

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:45:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: amannamedjed] [#45]

Make of this what you will.  I saw this happen to my small town on the weekend before the lockdowns began in 2020.  That was an eye-opening realization for me at the time and has stayed with me ever since.  I live within 100 miles of the DFW Metroplex.

https://modernsurvivalblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/usa-survival-location-map-300-mile-zones-not-safe-with-population-more-than-100-thousand-1433x975.jpg

https://modernsurvivalblog.com/security/safer-survival-distance-from-usa-city-hordes/

View Quote

The author states he believes there will be, in SHTF, a smaller exodus from large cities than the pepper community generally believes.  I agree with him.  I use Katrina as the model for this.  Once the evacuation was complete, and most residents of New Orleans had driven to safer climes, and the hurricane hit, there was almost no one making any attempt to get out of New Orleans. Whether it was procrastination, inertia, or reliance on government rescue, people stayed where they were.  

One thing that kind of surprised me was the criminal element.  Common prepper thinking is good people will be overwhelmed by large mobs of marauders.  There was plenty of crime going on. But it was by individuals or small groups of two or three.  That might have eventually changed had serious starvation set in. But at the same time, lack of clean water might have killed off a lot of the survivors (both good and bad) by that time anyway.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:14:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By amannamedjed:

The author states he believes there will be, in SHTF, a smaller exodus from large cities than the pepper community generally believes.  I agree with him.  I use Katrina as the model for this.  Once the evacuation was complete, and most residents of New Orleans had driven to safer climes, and the hurricane hit, there was almost no one making any attempt to get out of New Orleans. Whether it was procrastination, inertia, or reliance on government rescue, people stayed where they were.  

One thing that kind of surprised me was the criminal element.  Common prepper thinking is good people will be overwhelmed by large mobs of marauders.  There was plenty of crime going on. But it was by and large individuals or small groups of two or three.  That might have eventually changed had serious starvation set in. But at the same time, lack of clean water might have killed off a lot of the survivors (both good and bad) by that time anyway.
View All Quotes

https://modernsurvivalblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/usa-survival-location-map-300-mile-zones-not-safe-with-population-more-than-100-thousand-1433x975.jpg

One thing that kind of surprised me was the criminal element.  Common prepper thinking is good people will be overwhelmed by large mobs of marauders.  There was plenty of crime going on. But it was by and large individuals or small groups of two or three.  That might have eventually changed had serious starvation set in. But at the same time, lack of clean water might have killed off a lot of the survivors (both good and bad) by that time anyway.

A number of Katrina ‘refugees’ were relocated to Houston and the DFW area.  Coincidently, crime rose in both metropolitan areas in the years afterwards.  I see this as somewhat similar to the current ‘migrate’ influx happening in cities all over America, and also in rural communities as well.  This is on a whole other level, though, as will be the consequences, I’m afraid.

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:21:59 PM EDT
[#47]

A number of Katrina ‘refugees’ were relocated to Houston and the DFW area.  Coincidently, crime rose in both metropolitan areas in the years afterwards.  I see this as somewhat similar to the current ‘migrate’ influx happening in cities all over America, and also in rural communities as well.  This is on a whole other level, though, as will be the consequences, I’m afraid.

View All Quotes

Everywhere refuges from Katrina went had crime increases, my hometown got hundreds back then
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Chick-fil-A is ditching its antibiotic-free chicken pledge after just 5 years

- Chick-fil-A will start serving some chicken that has been raised with antibiotics.

- Under the new policy, animal antibiotics can be used if the chicken and those around it are sick.

- Chick-fil-A announced its No Antibiotics Ever policy in 2014 and implemented it in 2019.

Chick-fil-A is dropping its ban on serving chicken that has been raised with antibiotics, 10 years after first announcing the pledge and five years after it implemented it.

"To maintain supply of the high-quality chicken you expect from us, Chick-fil-A will shift from No Antibiotics Ever (NAE) to No Antibiotics Important To Human Medicine (NAIHM) starting in the Spring of 2024," the chicken chain said.

Under the new standards, Chick-fil-A said that chicken antibiotics could be used, but only if the chicken and those around it were sick.

"If the animal does become ill, it will be treated with antibiotics not intended for humans," Chick-fil-A said. "In accordance with FDA requirements, all antibiotics must be cleared from the chicken's system before it is considered available for the chicken supply."
A spokesperson told the AP that Chick-fil-A had had concerns about its ability to acquire supplies of chicken that had been raised without antibiotics. Last year, Tyson Foods — the US' biggest chicken supplier — said it was retreating from its No Antibiotics Ever pledge by reintroducing some antibiotics not important to human health.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/chick-fil-ditching-antibiotic-free-112839942.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

Everywhere refuges from Katrina went had crime increases, my hometown got hundreds back then
View All Quotes

Yeah, my areas didn’t see the increase in quality Cajun restaurants that I was hoping for.  

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 6:43:29 PM EDT
[#50]

Yeah, my areas didn’t see the increase in quality Cajun restaurants that I was hoping for.  

View All Quotes

I don’t know there were all that many Cajuns living in New Orleans.  In other areas along the coast that were hard hit, the people stayed put, rebuilt, and got on with their lives.  I think this included much of the Cajun population.
Page / 257
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top