Link Posted: 2/10/2024 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 2:05:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigbore] [#3]
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 2:08:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Defender3] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigbore:
Received the gun experts transcript today.  He was given 2 versions of the same event and he chose to believe the version that supports the people who paid him.   He's a real expert to question my 20+ years behind a gun counter of retail sales.  I can't wait until hes either removed, or his deposition is made public so so I can publish it and he can receive the love he deserves.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/12678/expert-3126840.jpg

View Quote

Well, I hold myself as pretty much expert in everything. It will be interesting to see what area (if any) the Court deems him to be an expert since he is so obviously full of shitake and should be easily challenged and impeached.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Received the gun experts transcript today.  He was given 2 versions of the same event and he chose to believe the version that supports the people who paid him.   He's a real expert to question my 20+ years behind a gun counter of retail sales.  I can't wait until hes either removed, or his deposition is made public so so I can publish it and he can receive the love he deserves.

View Quote

No mention about FFLs and what require, nothing about mental health.

I own a monkey wrench and consider myself an expert in EVERYTHING

What a joke
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 2:21:40 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

What do those qualifications have to do with straw purchases?
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 2:34:32 PM EDT
[#7]
"What areas do you consider yourself to be an expert in?"

"I am an expert in prostitution.  I whore my integrity and reputation to whomever pays."
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 2:35:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigbore] [#8]
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 2:50:34 PM EDT
[#9]

None at all.   He's literally just making blanket statements that I'm a liar and Zohn is telling the truth based 100% on our deposition testimony, and no other research or interviews.  Some people will do anything for a buck.
View Quote

He should move to Tijuana and appear in donkey shows.  That would be far more honorable that what he does now....
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ParityError:
"What areas do you consider yourself to be an expert in?"

"I am an expert in prostitution.  I whore my integrity and reputation to whomever pays."
View Quote

Self-proclaimed expert..... It is weird. I have never had a court allow me to just make myself an expert.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 3:11:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigbore] [#11]
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 6:11:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I predict a severe Zumbo-ing after everything is public record.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 6:15:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Is the judge letting this wind on in the hopes that the lawyers will give in and settle?
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 7:51:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Former11BRAVO] [#15]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

What do those qualifications have to do with straw purchases?
View Quote

Came to ask this!

ETA: OP, are you allowed to object to this shit-bird being granted status as an "expert"?
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 7:58:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Lawyer: And on what grounds can you show you’re an expert on these topics?

Dufus: Cuz I said so. Duh.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:34:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 11:09:35 AM EDT
[#20]
OK, last one.  This is too good.  When this transcript is published it's going to be a MEME generator.  

Do you remember back to the previous page with his resume?  
 Owner & Director of Training - Jade Dragon Martial Arts Academy 1975 - 2012 - USA / Canada (Martial Artist since 1965)

In his deposition the subject of the "experts" education was brought up.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/12678/honorary-3127750.jpg

The dude talks about his "Honorary Degree".  That he gave to himself!  How can anyone take this clown serious in this case?!!
View Quote

I'm sorry, I was laughing at this, but you can't make this shit up.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 11:43:09 AM EDT
[#21]
OK, last one.  This is too good.  When this transcript is published it's going to be a MEME generator.  

• Owner & Director of Training - Jade Dragon Martial Arts Academy 1975 - 2012 - USA / Canada (Martial Artist since 1965)

The dude talks about his "Honorary Degree".  That he gave to himself!  How can anyone take this clown serious in this case?!!
View Quote

Dude,
At this point Ashton Kutcher is going to jump into the court room and yell "YOU'VE BEEN PUNKED" and everyone will start laughing.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#22]

• Owner & Director of Training - Jade Dragon Martial Arts Academy 1975 - 2012 - USA / Canada (Martial Artist since 1965)

View Quote

Holy shit.  You can't make this stuff up.  Honorary degree he awarded to himself?

WTF, over?
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 1:05:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 1:23:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Someone at the bad guys law firm has to be reading that transcript and asking, "Who the fuck found this moron, and why are we paying him $200 an hour?"

All I can imagine is they did a lot of shopping around looking for a real expert, but they all said no.  This moron was the bottom of the bucket.
View Quote

Nobody with n IQ exceeding that of canned cling peaches would support their position.  Hence, this jackwagon.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Pretty common.

I was hit up to help with contract work for a new cyber security firm. Gave him all the info and agreed on the contract. They then gave me new certifications based upon their company. I now have all these new levels of made up certs and he sent me 6 separate framed certs to hang in my man room. He then asked me to add them all to my resume
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 1:38:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jmo371] [#26]
has this guy been attributed as an expert in other civil firearm cases?

if he has been recognized as an expert before by multiple other courts, getting him out may be harder then you think.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow, what a maroon.  (The "expert")
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 3:07:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigbore] [#28]
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 3:31:37 PM EDT
[#29]

As it has been explained to me.

1. Judges want all civil suits to settle.
2. Judges hate dismissing civil suits.
3. Judges hate civil trials because they take time and resources away from their criminal trials.

If the judge understood the law, this case would have been dismissed months ago after the improper nunc pro tunc order was used to reopen the closed estate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Max429:
Is the judge letting this wind on in the hopes that the lawyers will give in and settle?

As it has been explained to me.

1. Judges want all civil suits to settle.
2. Judges hate dismissing civil suits.
3. Judges hate civil trials because they take time and resources away from their criminal trials.

If the judge understood the law, this case would have been dismissed months ago after the improper nunc pro tunc order was used to reopen the closed estate.
2&3 are also influenced by the fact that Judges hate having decisions appealed, and really hate being overturned on appeal.  Dismissing a civil suit might lead to an appeal, therefore "bad", etc.

Since ~95% of civil cases are settled, the entire system isn't setup to deal with very many that don't.  Civil plaintiffs and defendants don't have a 6th amendment/federal speedy trial act, so they're always disliked in terms of docket scheduling.

It sucks a lot to be right in a civil case, but not right enough for a case to go to trial and win, and that's still a likely outcome for OP.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 3:33:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slanky] [#30]
View Quote

Reminds me of Rex Kwon Do.....  Bow to your sensei!

Interested to see more of these "expert" opinions.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 3:48:34 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 3:53:52 PM EDT
[#32]

Hopefully, this court won't either. But the way its been going it wont surprise me.
View Quote

I have pretty in depth knowledge of some systems that end up in court a lot.

I refuse to allow my company or anyone to call me an expert in anything related to what i do specifically so I don’t have to go testify in court. It baffles me how arbitrarily someone will slap themselves with the label expert and want to wear it with pride.

I would hate to be found fraudulent on the stand and have a court document stating I am in fact a du**a$$ and not an expert lol.

Destroy this “expert.”
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 9:46:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 7:05:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Honorary degree bestowed upon himself, what a pompous clown. Hopefully your attorney will destroy this self-important jerk whose need for admiration and grandiosity is defining.

Go ADCO:

Link Posted: 2/19/2024 9:37:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Hmmm... I'm going to bestow an honorary degree in gunsmithing upon myself
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 9:45:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:27:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I'll have you know, I advertise on Craigslist. If you can't trust a CL gunsmith, I don't want live on this planet any longer.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:03:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bigbore] [#38]
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:12:05 AM EDT
[#39]
So they're saying she handed you the payment. That should've been a no brainer if a prohibited person tried to buy. They'd be stopped because the NICS check comes before handing over the payment, right?
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:22:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bigbore] [#40]
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:35:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Well its just as fraudulent of a lawsuit as we always thought, who'd have thunk it?
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:45:36 AM EDT
[#42]
After reading the zohn Thompson comparison, I am beginning to think zohn is related to FJB, dementia brain.  Wanders the store while she does the talking, even that smells like horseshit.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:46:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bigbore] [#43]
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#44]

Yup.  The bad guys libeled me, and defamed my business I spent 20 years building, saying I knowing broke the law in the complaint.   Today discovery is over and there is zero evidence to show I did anything civilly or criminally wrong, and yet they still get to say I knowingly violated they law.  And when it's all over there is nothing I can do about it, and they they have no worries about being held responsible for the lies the told.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Freakinout:
Well its just as fraudulent of a lawsuit as we always thought, who'd have thunk it?

Yup.  The bad guys libeled me, and defamed my business I spent 20 years building, saying I knowing broke the law in the complaint.   Today discovery is over and there is zero evidence to show I did anything civilly or criminally wrong, and yet they still get to say I knowingly violated they law.  And when it's all over there is nothing I can do about it, and they they have no worries about being held responsible for the lies the told.

Broken ass system.  This firm should be full of disbarred former attorneys... mcD's needs someone to scrub toilets afterall.  

Their financial backers should face prison time.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:54:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bigbore] [#45]
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:58:31 AM EDT
[#46]
I just noticed, they say the only evidence of the sales is Zohn and Thompson's testimony.

Actually - - - The only real evidence of the sale is the 4473 which Zohn lied on when he signed as the actual buyer of the gun..
View Quote

and that single piece of evidence was used to convict him of a felony.  I hope if this somehow goes to trial that point is hammer home.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:14:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#48]

Do you know what exact statute he was charged under? 18:922(A)(6)
for any person in connection with the acquisition or attempted acquisition of any firearm or ammunition from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, knowingly to make any false or fictitious oral or written statement or to furnish or exhibit any false, fictitious, or misrepresented identification, intended or likely to deceive such importer, manufacturer, dealer, or collector with respect to any fact material to the lawfulness of the sale or other disposition of such firearm or ammunition under the provisions of this chapter;
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

and that single piece of evidence was used to convict him of a felony.  I hope if this somehow goes to trial that point is hammer home.

Do you know what exact statute he was charged under? 18:922(A)(6)
for any person in connection with the acquisition or attempted acquisition of any firearm or ammunition from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, knowingly to make any false or fictitious oral or written statement or to furnish or exhibit any false, fictitious, or misrepresented identification, intended or likely to deceive such importer, manufacturer, dealer, or collector with respect to any fact material to the lawfulness of the sale or other disposition of such firearm or ammunition under the provisions of this chapter;

Seems he did all of those things in spades
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#49]

Yup.  The bad guys libeled me, and defamed my business I spent 20 years building, saying I knowing broke the law in the complaint.   Today discovery is over and there is zero evidence to show I did anything civilly or criminally wrong, and yet they still get to say I knowingly violated they law.  And when it's all over there is nothing I can do about it, and they they have no worries about being held responsible for the lies they published.
View Quote

That IS bullshit.

Reputation takes a long time to build. Using the court to tarnish that reputation maliciously SHOULD have consequences.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:44:24 AM EDT
[#50]

No dealer takes payment until after they get a NICS proceed.   Yes, they are saying she handed me the cash.  There is no proof she handed me cash. She didn't.  Had she handed me a CC with her name that would be different.  Had Zohn handed me her CC and I didn't notice her name on it, that would be different.  No one can prove who handed what to who.

It's all bullshit either way.   There is nothing suspicious or "red flag" if someone wants to buy their friend a firearm. In this case an old man with a .22 revolver cowboy gun.  It's 100% legit have someone pick out their handgun and then they, being the buyer fill out the 4473 while the other person pays.   That's how gift certificates work.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DefMan:
So they're saying she handed you the payment. That should've been a no brainer if a prohibited person tried to buy. They'd be stopped because the NICS check comes before handing over the payment, right?

No dealer takes payment until after they get a NICS proceed.   Yes, they are saying she handed me the cash.  There is no proof she handed me cash. She didn't.  Had she handed me a CC with her name that would be different.  Had Zohn handed me her CC and I didn't notice her name on it, that would be different.  No one can prove who handed what to who.

It's all bullshit either way.   There is nothing suspicious or "red flag" if someone wants to buy their friend a firearm. In this case an old man with a .22 revolver cowboy gun.  It's 100% legit have someone pick out their handgun and then they, being the buyer fill out the 4473 while the other person pays.   That's how gift certificates work.
That's not universal.  I got a NICS delay buying a rifle last weekend, and paid for it while the NICS check was being conducted.  I'll stop by this weekend and pick it up.  I'd guess half of the guns I've bought retail I paid for before or during the NICS check.
Page / 41
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top