User Panel

Page / 47
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:07:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:38:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ParityError] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigbore:

Meh, I'm going to post his deposition transcript when he's excluded so we can all share our opinions on his X and FB pages.  I'm sure that will be just as fun.
View Quote

I'm in for some ruthless mockery.

Edit: I suggest we begin referring to him as Instructor Earl.

World's Greatest Instructor - EVER - Instructor Earl
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Read THIS.  Try not to laugh at the outlandish claims/threats they made and were never able to prove or follow through on.

Only about 1% of civil trials go to court, they are all about settlement $.
View Quote

In response to all that drivel, I will simply quote John Adams, "Facts, are stubborn things, gentlemen."

The facts ARE NOT on their side and I look forward to reading of your acquittal - and counter-suit.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Nothing has to change for them to refile.  They get a clean slate with all new scheduling for discovery and depositions, and experts, etc.  I'll have to pay more legal fees.  My insurance rates will stay high because the lawsuit.
IMO, plaintiff would be better off if the boyfriend dies/too ill to testify.  That way they can play his video deposition and my side won't be able to cross examine.

I've thought about why they are doing this to me every day for the last 2 years when I KNOW they have nothing, and the only answer that makes sense is - because they can. This is what our "legal" system is set up to do.

ETA -  I dunno about the MSJ - could I just resubmit that on day one and ignore the rest of the stuff?   Or, do they have to file and answer to the new complaint and go through discovery first?
View Quote

Wait a minute... They can't play a video disposition w/o any cross, I don't think.

That's prejudicial and (should be) against the rules.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:59:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Muad:
So if the estate has nothing, if they won a settlement, who would get the monies? Would they have to go through probate? How would the parents "profit" from this?

View Quote

Mostly through the punishment of the evil gun-dealer.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

Too bad lawyers are paid and encouraged to lie.  Would be nice to get them on the stand and see if they are willing to take a perjury charge for the things they say in court
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Freakinout:
Originally Posted By DogtownTom:

A jury would answer that question.
If the plaintiff can convince a jury that you were negligent in the sale or transfer of that firearm, and it resulted in the death of a person, it doesn't matter if you didn't know them or the amount of time that has passed. What you believe are the facts aren't the facts as the Plaintiff sees them.

Yup, and unfortunately for the plaintiff they have ZERO proof I was negligent.

Too bad lawyers are paid and encouraged to lie.  Would be nice to get them on the stand and see if they are willing to take a perjury charge for the things they say in court

This was funny
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:41:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigbore] [#7]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:43:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By zpduff:
I thought Palmetto State Armory already put this guy out of business
View Quote

Thought doesn't seem to be one of your strong points.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:00:10 PM EDT
[#9]

My attorneys filed the motion to exclude him today.
View Quote
I think that was a tactical error.  That clown would have been your most entertaining witness.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:07:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By zpduff:
I thought Palmetto State Armory already put this guy out of business
View Quote

John date? Check.
Post count? Double check
Cockfaggotry?? We've got a winner boys
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#11]

You should read These.  Tells you all about the family home life.
View Quote

I mean.. at days end I guess she did cool down; albeit probably not in the way mom and dad had in mind. Darwinism is undefeated
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:44:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:

In response to all that drivel, I will simply quote John Adams, "Facts, are stubborn things, gentlemen."

The facts ARE NOT on their side and I look forward to reading of your acquittal - and counter-suit.
View Quote

Sadly, a counter-suit isn't in the cards.  The only entity for which there exists a viable cause of action is the estate.  The estate has, literally, nothing.  Total assets of $0.00.

This is why @bigbore won't even get his costs paid by the plaintiff when he wins - the plaintiff is the very definition of judgement-proof.  No assets, no means to ever acquire assets.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:17:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Just a thought on the countersuit...

IANAL

IF the plaintiffs dismiss prior to the hearing, could a successful countersuit head off the issue of them refiling the case and dragging this out even longer?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:33:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ParityError:

Sadly, a counter-suit isn't in the cards.  The only entity for which there exists a viable cause of action is the estate.  The estate has, literally, nothing.  Total assets of $0.00.

This is why @bigbore won't even get his costs paid by the plaintiff when he wins - the plaintiff is the very definition of judgement-proof.  No assets, no means to ever acquire assets.
View Quote

Proof positive of how broken the system is.

When someone brings a lawsuit for no other reason then to get a payday or for malicious reasons, you should be able to go after the client's assets for bringing it. The law firm should be exposed, as well.

That'd make frivolous lawsuits or lawfare a very rare event.

Of course, I'm pretty sure the lawmakers WANT it like it is. Too bad honest politicians are pretty rare anymore, as well.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:54:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:01:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:11:42 AM EDT
[#17]

As @ParityError said above you, its not the way it works.  No lawyer if going to take on a judgment proof defendant on contingency, and I'm not paying thousands out of pocket to get nothing back.

Also, legally, I don't believe I have any cause to sue. When a layer lies it's not defamation it's an "allegation".   Just because their allegations didn't pan out doesn't mean I was legally  harmed in a way that gives cause to sue.   However it works, I can't do anything and the bad guys know that going into it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Minerk:
Just a thought on the countersuit...

IANAL

IF the plaintiffs dismiss prior to the hearing, could a successful countersuit head off the issue of them refiling the case and dragging this out even longer?

As @ParityError said above you, its not the way it works.  No lawyer if going to take on a judgment proof defendant on contingency, and I'm not paying thousands out of pocket to get nothing back.

Also, legally, I don't believe I have any cause to sue. When a layer lies it's not defamation it's an "allegation".   Just because their allegations didn't pan out doesn't mean I was legally  harmed in a way that gives cause to sue.   However it works, I can't do anything and the bad guys know that going into it.

Wow.

That's outrageous!
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm local so I was really hoping I'd get to witness the trial. But I can't get the 21st of May off work. Bummer 🤬
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:26:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigbore] [#19]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#20]

The 21st will likely just be jury selection.  The trial will probably take all week.  There are going to be several local customers there to watch.
View Quote

In that case I'll try to make it down one of the other days that week. I'm having trouble finding the case on any of the local courts schedules, which court is this happening at? Sylvania, Lucas co., or Toledo?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:07:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigbore] [#21]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:34:45 PM EDT
[#22]
So when this is all over will we have addresses and phone numbers made available to send gifts and words of encouragment calls to the prosecuting attorney and deranged family?

Asking for a friend…
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:12:47 AM EDT
[#23]

The most frustrating part is the reaction of my customers who are lawyers, prosecutors, and judges when I tell them about the lawsuit.  They will look me straight in the eye, and as stoic as can be say it's a money grab, this is just the cost of doing business.  Don't worry, your insurance will settle to make it go away.
View Quote

To that, I can only say, "No shit?" (the money grab part)

That doesn't mean it isn't broken. "That's what insurance is for." is a poor answer.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:23:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#25]

The most frustrating part is the reaction of my customers who are lawyers, prosecutors, and judges when I tell them about the lawsuit.  They will look me straight in the eye, and as stoic as can be say it's a money grab, this is just the cost of doing business.  Don't worry, your insurance will settle to make it go away.
View Quote

Of course, you can't expect them to bemoan their own racket can you?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Game on. He is a turd that needs to put in the spotlight.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:40:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: craig24680] [#28]
This dip shit will NOT be a witness in my trial.

You need to read his deposition

Any questions as to why he would spew bullshit to get money from a lawyer who is a spot light donor to the Brady Campaign can be directed to the links below:

https://www.facebook.com/TheShootingChannel

https://twitter.com/ctwmediagroup

View Quote

I rarely use FB but will fire it up

Taking bets on how long both channels will be disabled/limited to friends?

BTW his most recent picture on FB is of Jeff Cooper

What a shitbag

ETA and it's my email Sig line, aww man

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:02:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Defender3] [#29]
So, the investigator who didn't investigate, and who holds himself in high regard because he gave himself an honorary martial arts degree. He is pre-disposed because of his stated (deposition) prejudices and attempting to direct the outcome to suit his ego and desires. Oh, and plaintiff's counsel basically had to lead him back to their talking points by testifying for him.  

Was this bozo's resume posted yet?

ETA - He also thinks, because he's an advocate for the program, that the Don't Lie for the Other Guy program is gospel and each of the 87,000 must know and practice their edicts. Even in their videos they allude it's not infallible and it take some time to gain awareness.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#30]

Any questions as to why he would spew bullshit to get money from a lawyer who is a spot light donor to the Brady Campaign can be directed to the links below:

View Quote

My God...what a clown show.  Boil all of that down to "this guy has no expert knowledge, no specific knowledge and no tangential knowledge of anything relating to the case at hand."  $200/$300/hour is a rip off for the prosecution.  What an absolute sham.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:11:59 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Has he been excluded by the court or the plaintiff's finally figured out what a fraud he is?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:08:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Listening to this dripspit explaining this self-awarded degree to Col. Cooper would be hysterical.  I suspect the Colonel would have a clear and pointed response to this nonsense.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Just read all that deposition again. Just noticed this on page 25 I think. I guess this is the insurance lawyer. He thinks there are NO background checks at gun shows.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:32:31 PM EDT
[#36]
You should fight to get his deposition admitted. His very last statement is that there was no correlation to the suicide.  I wonder how bad the plaintiff’s lawyer knows how bad they messed up using this guy as their “expert”.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:40:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:48:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By hawkin:
So when this is all over will we have addresses and phone numbers made available to send gifts and words of encouragment calls to the prosecuting attorney and deranged family?

Asking for a friend…
View Quote

I can think of some candy that might be nice to send them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:58:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By kcobean:

My God...what a clown show.  Boil all of that down to "this guy has no expert knowledge, no specific knowledge and no tangential knowledge of anything relating to the case at hand."  $200/$300/hour is a rip off for the prosecution.  What an absolute sham.
View Quote

He went to be an expert witness while knowing absolutely nothing about a case because, based on his resume of changing jobs every 2 years and wishing he owned the company, he would sucking cock in a truck stop to pay the bills without the extra help.  I hope the Brady campaign paid him thousands though, drain all the BS out of that organization you can.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:59:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chrismartin] [#40]
Read the entire thing... Wow, what a shit bird.
No knowledge of the people involved, no research on anything, all guess work that's predisposed to one side because of where the paycheck is coming from and even without any expert opinion/facts/etc to back anything up at all.
Wow... Just wow...

He even admits that nothing was done wrong at all, but you should have known (Now give me my three grand)
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:03:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#41]

They know how bad they messed by hiring this dip shit.   Look at page 40, when my lawyers asked him if I made any mistakes on the 4473.  Keep in mind the 4473 is the ONLY piece of evidence from that day.

quote:

To my recollection after reviewing that previously, I do not see anything that he done that was incorrect on it. So my answer would be, no,  there was nothing done incorrect on it as per Mr. Stephen Thompson

/quote
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cap6888:
You should fight to get his deposition admitted. His very last statement is that there was no correlation to the suicide.  I wonder how bad the plaintiff’s lawyer knows how bad they messed up using this guy as their “expert”.

They know how bad they messed by hiring this dip shit.   Look at page 40, when my lawyers asked him if I made any mistakes on the 4473.  Keep in mind the 4473 is the ONLY piece of evidence from that day.

quote:

To my recollection after reviewing that previously, I do not see anything that he done that was incorrect on it. So my answer would be, no,  there was nothing done incorrect on it as per Mr. Stephen Thompson

/quote

This is where I went BOOM HEADSHOT MF....

......game over.....better luck next time gadget.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#42]
I’m ashamed that fucker lives in NC
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:18:20 PM EDT
[#43]
If they weren't such heinous people I'd almost feel bad for the plaintiff's lawyers for how big of a mistake it was hiring that guy. Holy shit.

He literally says he's basing his entire expert testimony on the two depositions and admits that the two opposite versions of events from Steve and Zahn are the only evidence - other than a completely normal 4473 - as to what happened during the sale. But then says even so, he chooses to exclusively believe Zahn's story and even invent fairytales about body language and "helper signals" that he claims Steve missed even though no one has ever mentioned or talked about those things at all. He just completely fabricates that shit out of thin air. He couldn't even answer the question why he chooses to believe Zahn over Steve but I think we know why: he was hired by the plaintiffs and so is just telling them what they want to hear. This guy is the definition of a crock of shit.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:26:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:26:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By TN-MadDog:

Just read all that deposition again. Just noticed this on page 25 I think. I guess this is the insurance lawyer. He thinks there are NO background checks at gun shows.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/35314/IMG_3367_jpeg-3204076.JPG
View Quote

He's a liberal lawyer that probably knows nothing about gun shows other than wat he's heard on MSNBC "gun show loopholes" bullshit.

The expert witness is a piece of shit that basically he went with what the lawyers who were paying him provided and goaded him to say.  $200-300 and hour and he'll say anything.  Beats sucking dicks for $10 a pop.
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:40:17 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote
Holy shit this guy.  Wow.  His depo was horrible (for him).
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:45:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:46:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:04:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:
I’m ashamed that fucker lives in NC
View Quote

At least he's in Asheville with his people.
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:13:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bigbore] [#50]
Page / 47
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top