Link Posted: 3/17/2024 7:54:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eurotrash:
Have you considered Buddhism?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/563643/IMG_0627-3162077.jpg
View Quote

Indeed I have.

Buddhists believe in cycles, Christians believe we are still improving and expanding. I would argue Buddhists are btfo. The idea that creation doesn't keep creating is pretty retarded. You can grow a tree or grow a thousand trees. You can grow an acre of wheat and have varying levels of productivity. We know this.

If we believed "just wait until the next cycle" nothing would ever get done.

Here's a story for you.

I was helping a friend renovate their first home, many years ago. It was a beat up place built in the 40s, but still something to be immensely proud of as a first time home owner.

We were ripping apart the ceiling to do some repairs when we found that the problems up there weren't cosmetic like we had originally hoped, but more structural and serious.

"Whatever, lets just patch it up. I'm not gonna be here very long."

Those words echo in my mind when I think back to that day, because almost 20 years later he still lives there.

The ceiling we never properly fixed ended up leaking water years later into his newborns nursery room, and what could have been an easier fix that would have taken some hard work over a few days, ended up being a month long project to restore his entire roof and attic.

The point of this story though, has nothing to do with home repairs.

It is a metaphor for the absolute disastrous state of our western society at the hands of Christians eagerly anticipating a rapture event that will never happen, resulting in their gross negligence of the stewardship of this nation that will leave their children and many generations to come in a thousand year reign of chaos and death.

"I'm not gonna be here very long."

I'm sure you've already heard that the beliefs of rapture and dispensationalism were propogated and directly funded by zionist groups, or if you've read into the studies of RC Sproul you'll find that almost all of Jesus prophecy about the end of the age has already been fulfilled in 70 A.D.

You could even make the case that we are removed from the earth before the bowls of wrath are poured out, halfway throught the Tribulation, but the point remains - what if he doesn't come back for a thousand years?

We've forfeited everything that's taken countless generations of blood sweat and tears to build, allowed our institutions and national morality to be sacrificed on the altar of progressivism, and given our culture over to perversion and immortality because, as many have said, "these things must take place."

Let me tell you, if there's is truly one argument for the rapture, it's that Christian men would be such a bulwark against the evil that's prophesied to come, that the Lord would be forced to remove us from this place or else our presence would prevent it from coming to pass.

I understand that wisdom is not being right, but understanding that you could be wrong.

He may come tomorrow to establish His earthly kingdom for the thousand year reign, and I would rejoice if He did.

But I'll say this.

If we are to survive, and if our children are to have any hope for a future, you better dig in, stack up, and fight like He's not coming back.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 8:01:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had my first trijicon for a couple of months now and had forgotten to check the verse.

2PE1:19 - We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts

I dig it

Link Posted: 3/17/2024 8:09:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Clovis_Chitwood:
I've had my first trijicon for a couple of months now and had forgotten to check the verse.

2PE1:19 - We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts

I dig it

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/132928/2PE1_19-3162087.jpg
View Quote

Welcome brother.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Clovis_Chitwood:

I dig it

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/132928/2PE1_19-3162087.jpg
View Quote

Welcome my fellow brother in Christ.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 2:19:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Good morning brothers on this blessed day.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By sierra-def:
Good morning brothers on this blessed day.
View Quote

A fine day indeed brother
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 2:31:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sierra-def] [#8]

Now my rifle will have a proper scope.

Adding that I just ordered it.

Nice that it has two mounting spots for the RMR, any pros/cons to rear mount vs front mount? Or do I go based and mount two?
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 5:08:37 PM EDT
[#9]
https://www.trijicon.com/uploads/product-uploads/TA110-C-100491_90-625-1565985227.jpg

Nice that it has two mounting spots for the RMR, any pros/cons to rear mount vs front mount? Or do I go based and mount two?
View Quote

I only have experience mounting to the rear, but I do like it
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#10]
https://www.trijicon.com/uploads/product-uploads/TA110-C-100491_90-625-1565985227.jpg

View Quote

I'm genuinely interested in your experience with this optic.

I'm looking fairly hard at this one.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 5:25:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Blessed be the name...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 5:47:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
Blessed be the name...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/501509/20240324_164059_jpg-3168314.JPG
View Quote

That's pretty based
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

It has been a long time thinking session. I am stoked. Had the early ACOG 4x32 tritium only. Will post as soon as it is home and mounted.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
Blessed be the name...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/501509/20240324_164059_jpg-3168314.JPG
View Quote

Based be thy name.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By HecklerKac:
https://i.imgur.com/GgOe3IM.jpeg
View Quote

The holiest of optics with the best irons!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:58:09 PM EDT
[#17]
ACOG shipped!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#18]
ACOG shipped!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:27:30 PM EDT
[#19]
ACOG shipped!
View Quote

BasedCog
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Type 1, Type 2, CC, HD…

Sig P320 M18

What do I want? Which rear sight to match a suppressor height front sight for co-witness?

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:53:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#21]
Originally Posted By H1Mech:
Type 1, Type 2, CC, HD…

Sig P320 M18

What do I want? Which rear sight to match a suppressor height front sight for co-witness?

View Quote

Depends on the sight plate you'll be using and your front sight height.

I have the Leupold DPP with the rear iron sight on my M18 and that matched up to a .400" height Dawson front sight. Some guys use the front .375" Dawson front sight on other setups using RMRs and plates.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

I have the Leupold DPP with the rear iron sight on my M18 and that matched up to a .400" height Dawson front sight. Some guys use the front .375" Dawson front sight on other setups using RMRs and plates.
View All Quotes
Type 1, Type 2, CC, HD…

Sig P320 M18

THIS IS A TRIJICON THREAD BOY
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:58:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

View Quote

Thing is, our brother there needs advice on iron sights for use with an RMR on an M18, for which I've done some research in as I have an M18 as my main pistol.

Calm down... here's some Trijicon for you...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:17:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Thing is, our brother there needs advice on iron sights for use with an RMR on an M18, for which I've done some research in as I have an M18 as my main pistol.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523928/One_Hundred_Concepts_RMR_ARD_jpg-3172242.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523928/One_Hundred_Concepts_RMR_ARD_jpg-3172242.JPG

I have Dawson irons on my 2011
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:21:00 PM EDT
[#25]

I have Dawson irons on my 2011
View Quote

They make good irons. I love how they'll let you swap out sights to get your POA/POI where you want it for free. They're also relatively local to me. About a 25 minute drive.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:12:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sierra-def] [#26]
Type 1, Type 2, CC, HD…

Sig P320 M18

View Quote

Using the FCD plate I just used a XS rear Glock sight (since the FCD plate has a Glock sight dovetail).

But I do not co witness.

Adding I run Type 2 as that should be the base choice. RMR HD if you could find one would be a fine choice.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:22:02 AM EDT
[#27]

Using the FCD plate I just used a XS rear Glock sight (since the FCD plate has a Glock sight dovetail).

But I do not co witness.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53569808532_0e6326ae5d_h.jpg

Adding I run Type 2 as that should be the base choice. RMR HD if you could find one would be a fine choice.
View Quote

That makes it easy. HERE is the link to the FCD RMR plate that will work on a commercial M18.

In that case, get a Dawson .375 front sight and an Ameriglo suppressor-height rear sight for a Glock and good to go. Should be able to co-witness through the RMR then.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:42:07 AM EDT
[#28]

But I do not co witness.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53569808532_0e6326ae5d_h.jpg

View Quote

Very nice, thanks.

I misspoke in my previous post, I don’t want to co-witness the rds and irons together. Rather I just want the irons to sit high enough that they can be viewed through the bottom of the rds view.

I assume a simple suppressor height front sight will work, I just didn’t know what was the best setup or route for the rear. I was also leaning towards the RMR Type 2 just wanted to confirm.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:24:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Missilegeek] [#29]
Originally Posted By HecklerKac:
https://i.imgur.com/GgOe3IM.jpeg
View Quote

Girthy AF

Tell me more. How do you like it?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:33:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Last one got archived.

Reject Chinese trash and embrace the one true God, Jesus Christ.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/Screenshot_20230122_193652_Gallery-2682076.jpg

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
View Quote

I used to believe that, then I bought an MRO that has by far the worst parallax shift on any optic I have ever owned. Then I sent it back to Trijicon, as I had heard rumors that they could somehow fix them....only to have Trijicon send it back stating that there was "nothing wrong with it" and that it wasn't an issue if the "dot was centered." Well no shit, but why have a red dot with a giant objective lens if all but 2mm of is worthless?

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:39:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Epyon:

I used to believe that, then I bought an MRO that has by far the worst parallax shift on any optic I have ever owned. Then I sent it back to Trijicon, as I had heard rumors that they could somehow fix them....only to have Trijicon send it back stating that there was "nothing wrong with it" and that it wasn't an issue if the "dot was centered." Well no shit, but why have a red dot with a giant objective lens if all but 2mm of is worthless?

View Quote

What if I told you that the MRO is trash that I would much prefer a Holosun 510C over?

And also told you that the RMR is better than Hololsun MRDS most of the time?

I love America.

And Brand loyalty is for suckers.

verum maxime

"truth above all else"

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:21:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

What if I told you that the MRO is trash that I would much prefer a Holosun 510C over?

I love America.

verum maxime

"truth above all else"

View Quote

Aimpoint Micro, duty, and Comp M5/s are all better than the MRO or any holosun.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:12:38 AM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes
Last one got archived.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/Screenshot_20230122_193652_Gallery-2682076.jpg

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

I hate red dots on ARs so I am unphased.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:28:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

View All Quotes

I love America.

verum maxime

"truth above all else"

I like Aimpoint, used them for a long time in the military and on my own guns. They were the first and only real viable RDS game for a long long time. While certainly more time tested and proven, I'm not sure how much better and more durable they are than some of the Holosun's at this point. They don't even really make anything with a bigger window that competes with the 510C.

Is it significantly more virtuous to buy European Communist products? At this point, I'm not so sure.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:31:16 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes
Last one got archived.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes
Last one got archived.

https://y.yarn.co/cad8a812-1450-4bf2-8db2-ddd4437ca399_text.gif

I mean a secondary RMR? Sure, hot fire.

But as a primary? Just why
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 4:13:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#37]
View All Quotes
Last one got archived.

He’s right. ACOGs or LPVOs with RMRs on top or at the 45 are what belong on 5.56 and larger rifles. Red dots like the Comp series are for clone builds and PCCs.

You can try to change my mind, but you won’t

ETA: if you absolutely have to have a red dot on a rifle caliber gat, it should be a T2.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 4:26:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Missilegeek] [#38]

View All Quotes
Last one got archived.

Simple, light, durable, effective. In the case of Chynason, cheaper.

Now that I think about it, these days I only have them on SBRs and pistols. Which IIRC, you don't do that either.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes
Last one got archived.

Hello yes I would like an AR15

Would u like to effectively engage targets at a distance?

No thank you.

Would u like to do R&D for communist China?

Please
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 4:43:52 PM EDT
[#40]

I like Aimpoint, used them for a long time in the military and on my own guns. They were the first and only real viable RDS game for a long long time. While certainly more time tested and proven, I'm not sure how much better and more durable they are than some of the Holosun's at this point. They don't even really make anything with a bigger window that competes with the 510C.

Is it significantly more virtuous to buy European Communist products? At this point, I'm not so sure.

View Quote

Equivocating nonsense. All of it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 5:11:01 PM EDT
[#41]

No thank you.

Please
View All Quotes
Last one got archived.

No thank you.

Please

Even my blind ass can hit stuff at 300+ yards with an RDS.

Bad news, they already figured out the R&D. In the case of full size RDS, better than Trijicon did.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#42]

Bad news, they already figured out the R&D. In the case of full size RDS, better than Trijicon did.
View All Quotes
Last one got archived.

No thank you.

Please

You mean you can engage a known target at 300yds with a red dot.

Now do an unknown shoot/no-shoot course of fire with targets from 5-400yds. Like, I dunno, real life.

Your dot is sad and so are you.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 5:55:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Missilegeek] [#43]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

Now do an unknown shoot/no-shoot course of fire with targets from 5-400yds. Like, I dunno, real life.

View All Quotes
Last one got archived.

No thank you.

Please

I've used dots in real life. They work fine. Still by far the most widely issued optic in the US military.

Your Ideas of realistic training sound hilarious. When the fighting starts, it's real easy to tell who is participating.

Your probably right though. All the militaries and their Soldiers with rifles, in every war that has happened the last 100 years, were probably all wrong and clueless. They probably all just indiscriminately shot at whatever moved. Just too dumb to field a scope.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 6:02:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#44]

I've used dots in real life. They work fine. Still by far the most widely issued optic in the US military.

Your Ideas of realistic training sound hilarious. When the fighting starts, it's real easy to tell who is participating.

Your probably right though. All the militaries and their Soldiers with rifles, in every war that has happened the last 100 years, were probably all wrong and clueless. They probably all just indiscriminately shot at whatever moved. Just too dumb to field a scope.
View All Quotes
Last one got archived.

No thank you.

Please

In 2003-2004 I had irons. In 2004-2005 I had an M68 RDS. In 2007-2008 I had an ACOG with irons on top.

All of these deployments were in IZ, but covered rural to fuck your face room distance.

In which of those periods was I best equipped?

ETA: everybody getting a red dot doesn’t make ‘red dot’ the best sighting system for every swinging dick. The DoD bought a bunch, and they are tough as shit, but look at what 11 and 18 series, and other T1 cats, are using. They ain’t red dots. But you’ve used them. So they must be the best.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 6:13:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Missilegeek] [#45]

In 2003-2004 I had irons. In 2004-2005 I had an M68 RDS. In 2007-2008 I had an ACOG with irons on top.

All of these deployments were in IZ, but covered rural to fuck your face room distance.

View All Quotes
Last one got archived.

No thank you.

Please

Depends on what you are doing and where. There's always a training tradeoff. RDS is far easier for close up, ACOG for distance.

In Baghdad I would go with the RDS every time. Afghanistan, ACOG.

Most of the issued ACOGs didn't have any secondary sight. I love ACOGs, but it takes a while to get good at using them up close. I don't need or care to do that.

ETA: everybody getting a red dot doesn’t make ‘red dot’ the best sighting system for every swinging dick. The DoD bought a bunch, and they are tough as shit, but look at what 11 and 18 series, and other T1 cats, are using. They ain’t red dots. But you’ve used them. So they must be the best.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying that Holographic and RDS have their uses and strengths. My home defense SBR has an RDS on it, that optic works well for that use. Other rifles that may be used at longer ranges, have ACOGs or scopes with appropriate magnification.

You can get both.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#46]

Depends on what you are doing and where. There's always a training tradeoff. RDS is far easier for close up, ACOG for distance.

Most of the issued ACOGs didn't have any secondary sight. I love ACOGs, but it takes a while to get good at using them up close. I don't need or care to do that.
View All Quotes
Last one got archived.

No thank you.

Please

ACOG/RMR bro
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 6:32:44 PM EDT
[#47]

ACOG/RMR bro
View All Quotes
Last one got archived.

No thank you.

Please

ACOG/RMR bro

That's my favorite overall optic setup, and what I have on my go to full size rifle. For me that's still far inferior for typical home defense ranges compared to a RDS SBR.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:43:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Gentlemen,

We don't come into the Trijicon Church to speak heresy. For that would be unholy.

Please, let us join together in the name of our Lord and the chosen optic that is blessed.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 1:45:20 AM EDT
[#49]
He is risen brothers!
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:01:21 AM EDT
[#50]
He is risen brothers!
View Quote

Ave Christus Rex!
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top