Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 25
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:41:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah this Avs- Jets game is wild.. like a baseball score..  

Let's go Canucks..
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:15:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:
Well

That went about as well as expected

Hopefully they can get it together and steal Game 2 before heading home.
View Quote

We were just testing the waters.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Preds Canucks game they are finishing every check possible.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:21:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome day of hockey, especially that jets game Holy shit...  that series is gonna be spicy.  Preds game starting off pretty good too
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:56:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Jets and Avs are my two favorite teams.

And only one team will get to the second round....

Ugh
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:42:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Preds choked the third period away.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:05:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Healthy start for the Rangers. Nice to see contributions from the bottom lines and goals not on special teams
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:10:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By JLH3:
Healthy start for the Rangers. Nice to see contributions from the bottom lines and goals not on special teams
View Quote
Rempe gets the series opening goal!!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:55:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By JLH3:
View Quote

That’s the type of stuff you need to make a deep run.
Hopefully the Caps step it up.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:11:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Lindy Ruff hired back in Buffalo as HC.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:02:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:07:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:41:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Boston and Toronto play 2 games before the Stars play their first.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:22:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: H1Mech] [#14]
HURRICANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last few minutes of that game were incredible. Score was 3-0 then went from 3-1 to 3-5 in the 3rd period.

Scored to cut it to 3-2 with 4 minutes to go, pulled the goalie and scored to tie it with 2 minutes to go, then scored again less than 9 seconds later to take the lead. NY pulled their goalie and Carolina scored a 5 on 6 goal to push it to 5-3. Then NY got all butthurt and the last few minutes were fists slinging everywhere. PNC arena was rocking, the tv camera feed was shaking.

This series is over. No way NY recovers from this game now down 0-2.

Guentzal trade might net Carolina another Stanley Cup. They’ve been on a tear and finally started playing up to their preseason hype.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:28:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Amazing comeback!
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:38:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Dallas/Vegas is looking like it'll be a score-a-thon.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:40:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By H1Mech:

The last few minutes of that game were incredible. Score was 3-0 then went from 3-1 to 3-5 in the 3rd period.

Scored to cut it to 3-2 with 4 minutes to go, pulled the goalie and scored to tie it with 2 minutes to go, then scored again less than 9 seconds later to take the lead. NY pulled their goalie and Carolina scored a 5 on 6 goal to push it to 5-3. Then NY got all butthurt and the last few minutes were fists slinging everywhere. PNC arena was rocking, the tv camera feed was shaking.

Guentzal trade might net Carolina another Stanley Cup. They’ve been on a tear and finally started playing up to their preseason hype.
View Quote

I heard the announcer say that in team history no Islander team has blown a 3-0 playoff lead.

Oooooooffff
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By macman37:

I heard the announcer say that in team history no Islander team has blown a 3-0 playoff lead.

Oooooooffff
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By H1Mech:

Oooooooffff

Canes cant sweep this round. They are terrible after an extended break. Takes a few games to get back up to speed.

Tonight was awesome though. They have grit and firepower this year
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:12:29 AM EDT
[#19]
You could literally see the life leave the islanders when carolina got on the board and made it 3-1.

I've never seen a team just basically quit like the Isles did last night.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:18:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Amazing comeback!
View Quote
Hopefully your Caps can get one back
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:08:32 AM EDT
[#21]
VGK looking pretty good. Wonder what they'll do with Thompson vs. Hill. Hopefully Thompson settles his nerves and got his bad goal of the playoffs out of his system.

Oh, and F Benn. There's just something about that guy that makes me hate him. Toss up between him and Marchand.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:14:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By creeper45:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By creeper45:
Amazing comeback!

Fingers are crossed they don’t fall asleep for a period again
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:40:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By _Nataraja_:
VGK looking pretty good. Wonder what they'll do with Thompson vs. Hill. Hopefully Thompson settles his nerves and got his bad goal of the playoffs out of his system.

Oh, and F Benn. There's just something about that guy that makes me hate him. Toss up between him and Marchand.
View Quote

LOL. Two soft PP calls in the 1st and a lucky bounce. Vegas snuck one past Dallas. You won’t be so lucky for Gm 2
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:26:18 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Yup F Benn.  If Vegas doesn't win the cup, I'll be just as happy to see him NOT lift the cup.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:28:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

By and large I like Benn as a Power ForwardTM but that hit on Larkin’s neck that took him out the other season really sits poorly in my mind. Zero punishment in the game and not a peep from the League about it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:31:12 PM EDT
[#27]
I just saw Demko is out for tonight (undisclosed injury) .  I hope that's not for more than a game or two. I like DeSmith as a backup but Demko is done for the year, then so are any hopes for a deep run.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Not looking good for the Caps.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:12:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Heck of a save
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:13:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Going to be very tough to get 3 more goals on the Rangers
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:14:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Bob with a RIDICULOUS save there.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:18:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Bob with a RIDICULOUS save there.
View Quote

Bob-O with the save of the playoffs. No question. Wowwwwwww.

That was Hasek-like.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:24:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Both goalies putting on a show
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:03:11 PM EDT
[#34]
That #2 goal by the Jets was friggin' awesome..

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:35:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Let's go Rangers!
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Jets have to figure things out if they want the 2nd round. Avs seem to have already adjusted.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Watching Bos vs Tor...its annoying as fuck tonight, fucking ESPN.

The circles around the players, the RFID names, the boards...Its too fucking much then add the annoying Emily..

Gonna play COD until Vegas vs Dallas.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:20:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: macman37] [#38]
Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:
Watching Bos vs Tor...its annoying as fuck tonight, fucking ESPN.

The circles around the players, the RFID names, the boards...Its too fucking much then add the annoying Emily..

Gonna play COD until Vegas vs Dallas.

View Quote

By contrast, TNT puts on a solid show. I actually really like the power play countdown they digitally add between the circles.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:55:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Stars laid an egg.

VGK could sweep.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:42:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pasquale91] [#40]
Originally Posted By Jacon:
Stars laid an egg.

VGK could sweep.
View Quote

Yep, Dallas will do just enough to get swept or lose the series 4-2
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:51:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Get your shit together Stars!!
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:22:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Canes up 3 - 2 after 2
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:14:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Both Canes and Panthers with a 3-0 series lead. Will either sweep?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:00:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By CapsFan:
Both Canes and Panthers with a 3-0 series lead. Will either sweep?
View Quote

I'd say it's likely Carolina will.  The isles didn't have much life to begin with and what little there was got crushed last night.  They just look terrible and out of sorts and like they don't belong there while the canes are rolling and confident.  

Could be the same in Florida.. Lightning look all fucked up and discombulated too..

Unless the caps win tonight the Boston Toronto series might be the only one in the east that goes 5 or more games.

No offense to the caps.. I hope they do turn it around, I really hate the fucking rangers.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:37:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By HamonRye:

Unless the caps win tonight the Boston Toronto series might be the only one in the east that goes 5 or more games.

No offense to the caps.. I hope they do turn it around, I really hate the fucking rangers.
View Quote

I hope we do too.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:58:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Jacon:

LOL. Two soft PP calls in the 1st and a lucky bounce. Vegas snuck one past Dallas. You won’t be so lucky for Gm 2
View Quote

@jacon  

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:03:03 AM EDT
[#49]

@jacon  

View Quote

Stars played well, but VGK played better. Our game tactics must change for gm3 and I’m sure they will, but it might be too little too late.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#50]

By and large I like Benn as a Power ForwardTM but that hit on Larkin’s neck that took him out the other season really sits poorly in my mind. Zero punishment in the game and not a peep from the League about it.
View Quote

That was a bad one, and made worse since he didn't even get a slap on the hand. He has a series of extremely "questionable" hits. I think last season it was Stone on VGK who he just straight up did a falling cross check to his head while he was on the ice.

I agree, he's actually a good player which makes me like him even less. He could get by without being a dirtball (unlike Cousins for example, who exists in the NHL solely to be a pita).
Page / 25
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top