Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Israel currently under attack (Page 912 of 918)
Page / 918
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:12:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michigan66] [#1]
Hezbollah released video from drone strike on IDF forces in northern Israel.
Hezbollah drone strike at Israel military base, over 14 soldiers and 4 civilians wounded
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:13:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:17:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michigan66] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BM1455:
View Quote

Yesterday Israel struck targets in northern Lebanon; previously Hezbollah has launched rocket and drone barrages when the IDF has carried out air strikes in the Baalbek.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:14:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:35:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michigan66] [#5]
I was sure Iran or Hezbollah was going to hit this base last Saturday.

Hezbollah targeted the Mount Meron air traffic control base in an anti-tank guided missile attack yesterday. A video published by the terror group shows a missile striking a radar system atop the mountain in northern Israel. The IDF said there were no injuries in the attack.
View Quote

Israeli fighter jets struck a Hezbollah cell in southern Lebanon earlier today, after they were spotted by troops of the Golani Brigade, the IDF says.

The IDF says the Golani troops, using a drone, identified several Hezbollah operatives entering a building in the town of Blida and called in the strike.
View Quote

The Defense Ministry and IDF say they have seized a total of NIS 29 million ($7.6 million) in cash in the Gaza Strip, and "forfeited" it to the Bank of Israel.

The cash was seized from Hamas strongholds and homes of terror operatives, during the IDF's ground operations in Gaza.
View Quote

Doesn't sound like a pinpoint raid at all.
The Israeli military says it has wrapped up a pinpoint raid against Hamas in the central Gaza Strip, during which troops destroyed more than 100 sites belonging to terror groups, killed some 40 operatives, and expanded the army’s east-west corridor.

The operation, carried out by the 401st Armored Brigade and other troops under the 162nd Division on the outskirts of the Nuseirat camp, was aimed at clearing the area of Hamas operatives, destroying its infrastructure, including a tunnel network that allowed passage from Nuseirat to Gaza City, and expanding the Netzarim corridor.

The corridor, built around a road south of Gaza City and north of Nuseirat, enables the IDF to carry out raids in northern and central Gaza while allowing Israel to control access to the north for Palestinians seeking to return after fleeing south.

Amid the operation near Nuseirat, the IDF said it destroyed two rocket manufacturing plants, one belonging to Hamas and the other to Palestinian Islamic Jihad, among around 100 sites.

The military says it also demolished 17 tunnel shafts, part of at least five separate underground networks. Rockets and launchers were also discovered and destroyed during the operation.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:01:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Israelis arrest Doctor Kevorkian for "Incitement to Terror" Link to article

Israel Police Arrest Palestinian Academic on Suspicion of Incitement to Terror
Professor Nadera Shalhoub-Kevorkian was taken to a police station near Jerusalem and investigated. 'This is an illegal arrest whose purpose is to intimidate any critical voices in the Israeli academy,' her attorneys said.

A Palestinian academic at Jerusalem's Hebrew University, who raised doubts about sexual assault incidents involving Hamas terrorists on October 7, was arrested by the Israel Police.

Professor Nadera Shalhoub-Kevorkian was brought to a police station near Jerusalem and is suspected of incitement to terror, violence, and racism. Her attorneys added that the police confiscated a mobile phone, a computer documents and books of the Palestinian poet Mahmoud Darwish from her apartment.

Shalhoub-Kevorkian was suspended from teaching early in March following pressure from students, right-wing activists and politicians, for comments she made in an interview on the "Makdisi Street" podcast.

The university reinstated her after she clarified that she does not doubt that sexual assaults took place during Hamas' attack.

In a segment on the podcast devoted to October 7, Shalhoub-Kevorkian said that "The creation of stories, the exaggeration, were done in order to portray the Palestinians as terrible… Sexual violence is a thing that happens, and I oppose it… If a woman says she was raped, I believe her. But we're not seeing [after October 7] a woman who came out and said what happened to her."

This is an illegal arrest whose purpose is to intimidate and harm any critical voices in the Israeli academy," said her attorneys Mahajana and Hassan Jabarin.

"Behind the police's agenda is a racist and inciting minister. The more important question is whether the State Prosecutor approved this type of investigation and arrest." Israel's State Prosecutor's Office said in response that they have indeed approved the investigation.

Israel's National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir praised the arrest, saying he "congratulates" for detaining the "professor who incited against the State of Israel."

According to him, the apprehension "sends the significant message that those who incite against Israel will not be able to hide under such titles or roles."

Arab-Israeli lawmaker Ahmad Tibi responded said that "the settlers who murdered two Palestinians aren't being investigated; the rabbis who incite to murder Arabs are embraced."

"Those who paved the way for this investigation are the shameful and cowardly administration of the Hebrew University," he added.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:13:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Israeli fighter jets struck a Hezbollah cell in southern Lebanon today, after they were spotted by troops of the Golani Brigade:

The Israeli military says it has wrapped up a pinpoint raid against Hamas in the central Gaza Strip, during which troops destroyed more than 100 sites belonging to terror groups, killed some 40 terrorist, and expanded the army’s east-west corridor.

The head of interrogations in Hamas's internal security in northern Gaza's Beit Hanoun was killed in an airstrike this week, the military and Shin Bet announce

Israeli aircraft struck Hezbollah sites and terrorist in southern Lebanon overnight:

Meanwhile, terrorists in Gaza filming themselves in civilian clothes launching rockets using the pinnacle of military technology: plastic tubes leaned up against rocks.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Back on track:
https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israel/diplomacy/artc-biden-makes-new-push-for-historic-israeli-saudi-normalization-deal-report

“According to sources familiar with the matter, the White House is actively engaging Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, urging him to commit to a renewed push for Palestinian statehood. In exchange, Riyadh would extend diplomatic recognition to Israel.”
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:52:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By GST:
Back on track:
https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israel/diplomacy/artc-biden-makes-new-push-for-historic-israeli-saudi-normalization-deal-report

“According to sources familiar with the matter, the White House is actively engaging Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, urging him to commit to a renewed push for Palestinian statehood. In exchange, Riyadh would extend diplomatic recognition to Israel.”
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:01:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MarkMustang] [#10]
Israel striking back?

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:40:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By MarkMustang:
Israel striking back?

View Quote

Yep and they struck Iran.  Going to be interesting to see how Iran retaliates.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:48:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#13]

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:01:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:04:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:05:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#16]
Seriously, I have to get to bed.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:07:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:08:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

View Quote
Wonder if Iran will think it actually has to use its airforce now
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:12:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#19]

Before:

Now.

Before:

Now:
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:12:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I hope they do.  

It will be a slaughter.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:37:19 PM EDT
[#21]

I hope they do.  

It will be a slaughter.
View All Quotes

I hope they do.  

It will be a slaughter.

The Iranian planes involved in an attempted attack on Israel would simply cease to exist.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:37:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:50:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:58:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: michigan66] [#24]

Translation from Arabic:  Iranian media: Anti-aircraft guns shoot down flying objects in several Iranian regions #العربية_عاجل
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

About the Israeli "nothing happening until after Passover" head-fake, we should have remembered the Mossad's motto:  'By deception you shall do war".

If Israeli air strikes continue, expect Hezbollah to get involved, big time.  Iran has financed, trained, and equipped them to act in concert with Iranian forces in the event of serious Israeli attack.  Watch the Houthis, too.  I expect Saudi, the UAE, and Jordan are in Iran's target folder.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:11:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks like Iran is now in the FO stage of FAFO.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:11:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:15:41 PM EDT
[#27]

It would be poetic if:

Israeli F-35s that Iran tried to attack at Nevatim Air Force base over the weekend just fired from a great distance.

These Israeli missiles penetrated air defenses that perhaps even failed to activate.

The missiles struck Iranian fighter jets on the runway at an Iranian air base.

Message: our air defenses work, yours don’t. Our fighter jets work, yours don’t. Next time we will destroy even more valuable assets.
View Quote

The opposing view.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:21:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:25:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:37:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:39:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:51:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:05:15 AM EDT
[#33]
BREAKING: Footage Shows Flashes In Sky Near Near Isfahan, Iran As Israel Reportedly Launches Strikes
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:09:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Muricha] [#34]
The nuclear facilities were ‘reportedly’ guarded by Russias best air defense equipment.
Can’t rule out operator error, but it appears they couldn’t either pick up or lock on to the F35.

If true, this may be a very important part of Russias threat.
Can’t defend what you can’t see. I think it’s daylight in Iran.
Bold move Cotton.

That should cause dirty diaper in the MOD.

Too bad only 40% of our F35 fleet is mission ready.
(Per today’s congressional hearings on Lockeed Martin)
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:23:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:29:19 AM EDT
[#36]

Israel Attacks Iran, Report Says - LIVE Breaking News Coverage
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:31:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Estimates on incoming ballistic missils on ISREAL?

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:40:09 AM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes

too late
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:40:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cardplayer] [#39]
This attack was said to have been to avoid a broader regional war. The US will continue to downplay this so that this administration does not look weak in mediating foreign conflicts. The administration is shitting themselves with election season coming in hot.

Edit - US says the targets were not nuclear.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:44:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#40]
33m

6m

10sec

1hr

1hr

29m

Global: Military-Info@Global_Mil_Info          29m
A lot of conflicting reports from both U.S. and Iranian officials. It is making it rather difficult to really understand what happened tonight. Overall, despite the mess, the following is consistent:
- Israel conducted a limited strike on Iranian soil.
- The target was unclear.

Iranian officials have blasted the following comments to local and foreign media outlets:
- AD successfully intercepted suspicious objects.
- No missile attack took place in Iran.
- An military airbase near Isfahan was struck.
- No explosions occurred.
- All quiet in Isfahan.

Things like this really show how messy events can be, especially in the initial hours. Tread carefully on uncollaborative items.

Hopefully,  as time goes by, we will know more.

42m

16m

1hr

4m Video @ link

17m

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:46:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:47:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Mach:

too late
View Quote

Guess they will have to check out craigslist for some replacements.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:48:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#43]
Originally Posted By Muricha:
The nuclear facilities were ‘reportedly’ guarded by Russias best air defense equipment.
Can’t rule out operator error, but it appears they couldn’t either pick up or lock on to the F35.

Bold move Cotton.

View Quote

What is a “standard” mission ready percentage for the fleet?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:50:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By fike:

What is a “standard” mission ready percentage?
View Quote

That question was asked.
My memory is awful but I believe it was around the 70th percentile give or take.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:53:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#45]

That question was asked.
My memory is awful but I believe it was around the 70th percentile give or take.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fike:

What is a “standard” mission ready percentage?

That question was asked.

My experience is only with Navy aviation, but that sounds particularly high for an entire fleet.

ETA: Looks like that has been the published number/average for a while.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:55:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#46]
cnn source. Take it for what it's worth.

6m

3m

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/iran-news/israel-needed-to-strike-back-at-iran-analysis-797872
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:05:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Muricha] [#47]
Why would tankers be involved if it wa a missile attack ?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:09:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Why would tankers be involved if it wa a missile attack ?
View Quote

Planes up to make sure no retaliatory strikes get through?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:21:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

Planes up to make sure no retaliatory strikes get through?
View Quote

Hillbilly logic says B’Ms would be detected at source. Basically 12 minutes notice.
I haven’t seen reports of Iran air raid or air defense being heard.
Near peer BM’s are dramatically expensive and have warhead weight challenges.
F35 can do some serious payloads even at stand off distances.

But I’m old and haven’t been around ordinance in 30 years.
And it’s the internet so that automatically makes me correct.

Hell, we will find out when the satellite photos come out like everyone else.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:26:50 AM EDT
[#50]

Bold move Cotton.

View Quote

Senior SUTER

Russia's best can't see F15s and F16s. See also: Operation Orchard 2008.
Page / 918
Israel currently under attack (Page 912 of 918)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top