Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:28:12 AM EDT
[#1]
sissy bois only have other men work on there cars.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:28:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:36:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:52:28 AM EDT
[#4]
What a trip. I was recently thinking about this that life in the US was way better when everyone smoked. You can hate smoking, smokers, yeah it's bad, it smells but it's still a fact.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:58:53 AM EDT
[#5]
You're not even taking into account the lengths states go to in order to preserve their checks from the Master Settlement Agreement.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:36:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:
Our society has been in a downturn ever since the weenies and pearl clutchers didn't want to smell it anymore.

I have fond memories of going into restaurants and smelling that sweet aroma. Restaurants would hand out matchbooks, they were like the pokemon of the preinternet times. Slowly the commies segregated us and eventually we were pushed out. Now the entire world is in tatters.

This nation and the western world as we know it was built on this leafy green. The revolutionary war was fought over this plant, civilizations were built, and continents were colonized by it. The United States won two world wars with this crop, and 12 men landed on the moon fueled by its gifts.

It is an established fact that no man has landed on the moon and no US wars have been won since people stopped smoking, and yet every day our society falls further into chaos. If we have any chance of pulling out of this dive we need to start smoking again.

Thank you for listening to my presentation.

@RustedAce
View Quote

Swing and a miss OP, correlation does not imply causation.  Europe has lots of smokers and they look less like Steve McQueen and more like Louie Anderson.  That continent hasnt done squat in decades, their only shining achievement in that time is Nutella.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:53:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Not a huge fan of how it has all shaken out but I don't miss it from restaurants and such.

I think bars and restaurants should be free to allow it or forbid it.   No one is forcing anyone to go there.

Outdoor smoking?  I'm a severe life-long asthmatic and smokers outdoors don't bother me.  Just don't stand right next to me or blow it right in my face.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 4:16:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 4:44:14 AM EDT
[#9]
OP is trying to cover up his cockbreath with smokers breath?
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:06:06 AM EDT
[#10]
They smell like shit, I hated going into smoke filled restaurants, hated driving around with my parents while they smoked. I can't believe people still smoke those nasty things.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:31:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I remember when my school bus driver would stop at the Texaco station and send me in with a dollar bill to buy her a pack of Pall Malls.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:35:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Sweet aroma, I don't think so!
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:47:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Goosemaster:
I want smoking back like the old days, but with weed.
View Quote

That shit turns men ghey. Agree with OP, but it does increase cancer risk. When they find cures for cancer, I'm going to smoke again. Guaranteed the lefties will still want to ban it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 5:55:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Coincidence or not, we were a WHOLE lot skinnier too.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 6:00:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#15]
It was a better time because the dems hadn’t quite mastered the societal engineering thing. They learned from their mistakes with trying to engineer an alcohol free society via prohibition. They failed their goal of a gun free society via the NFA and GCA. They failed their goal of trying to engineer a drug free society with muh’ WOD.

Reno and Clinton weren’t going to make the same mistakes when they went after “big tobacco” and their contributions to republicans.

I always laugh at the rabid anti-smokers here. It’s safe to assume anyone so easily manipulated is also on booster shot #87.

I won’t say the stop smoking campaign made Americans weak. They were weak to begin with or they wouldn’t have been as easily manipulated.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 6:18:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Our society has been in a downturn ever since the weenies and pearl clutchers didn't want to smell it anymore.

I have fond memories of going into restaurants and smelling that sweet aroma. Restaurants would hand out matchbooks, they were like the pokemon of the preinternet times. Slowly the commies segregated us and eventually we were pushed out. Now the entire world is in tatters.

This nation and the western world as we know it was built on this leafy green. The revolutionary war was fought over this plant, civilizations were built, and continents were colonized by it. The United States won two world wars with this crop, and 12 men landed on the moon fueled by its gifts.

It is an established fact that no man has landed on the moon and no US wars have been won since people stopped smoking, and yet every day our society falls further into chaos. If we have any chance of pulling out of this dive we need to start smoking again.

@RustedAce
View Quote

GFY
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 6:32:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Sigifrith:
Nothing left of Western Society.  Why bother trying to save it?
View Quote

Bolded quote is quote to end all quotes.

But staying on topic, I remember the '70s and early '80s.

Everything smelled like cigarettes.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 7:39:22 AM EDT
[#18]
If me smoking will save anything, I guess it can all die along with me.

My parents smoked when I was younger and I grew to despise it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 7:42:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 7:47:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
sissy bois only have other men work on there cars.
View Quote

Yeah man I tell you what I want to do in a couple weeks after Ive work 28 12 hour shifts in a row in the oil field: do the 40k mile service on my truck.

Actually fuck that I'm going to go in the dealership waiting room and read manga while someone else does it. Don't care.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 7:49:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FMJshooter] [#21]
It's nasty but better than the abject fatness we replace it with.

Cost on health care, the ridiculous food economy, laziness, low t, etc

There's towns that basically consist of housing developments wrapped around an enclave of dozens of shitty restaurants. Entire neighborhoods built specifically for fat fucks.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 7:49:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, as someone who has lost both my Father and Grandfather to lung cancer, caused undoubtedly by a lifetime of cigarette smoking, I gotta disagree.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 7:50:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Clarinath] [#23]
Smoking is still strong in commie countries, invalidating your entire premise.

Visit a commie country to go into a restaurant or other establishment to smell your sweet memories...
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 7:51:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 7:55:42 AM EDT
[#25]

@RustedAce
View Quote
I swear that people started freaking out and doing stupid shit the minute this "stop smoking " bullshit started gaining traction.

Used to be, if you were stressed out, you copped a smoke and chilled out.  Now, dimwits freak out and shoot up a shopping mall.

Christ!  Just have a smoke and chill, yo!?!
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 7:56:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By The_Master_Shake:
Remember Camel Crushes? There was a little bead in the filter you could crush to turn the cigarette from regular to menthol

I'm sure that was healthy
View Quote

Why would you want to ruin a Camel with menthol?  Oh, I missed the filter part.  Non-filtered Camels were the best, followed by Lucky Strike.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 7:56:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: edcarPT] [#27]
I don't miss the smell of people that made poor choices in bars and restaurants.

And Barry smokes. Nothing more needs to be said.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Mah_lee:
The original performance enhancing drug

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/265139/R__6__jpeg-3067050.JPG
View Quote

Thirty-five years or so ago I used to lift weights with a cop.  We would do some heavy squats and he would walk outside and smoke a cigarette, come back in, belt up and do more squats.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 8:08:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Clarinath:

Visit a commie country to go into a restaurant or other establishment to smell your sweet memories...
View Quote

Trying to label pro-freedom people as commies. Expecting the world to cater to your delicate olfactory senses, rather than you not going into the establishment.

That puts someone on the same level as the people bringing their emotional support possum into a Dr office and expecting others to accommodate.

Plenty of kids have breathing issues aggravated by smells like cologne, perfume and cleaning supplies not to mention what exposure to those chemicals do long term. Should we ban all those things too?
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 8:11:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Screw that.   That is one thing where the world became better not worse.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 8:11:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By desertmoon:
I swear that people started freaking out and doing stupid shit the minute this "stop smoking " bullshit started gaining traction.

Used to be, if you were stressed out, you copped a smoke and chilled out.  Now, dimwits freak out and shoot up a shopping mall.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By desertmoon:

@RustedAce

No, those evil cigarettes benefitted republicans. Better to have people strung out on prescription drugs with dangerous side effects as long as it benefits the democrat favoring pharmaceutical companies.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 8:22:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Voland] [#32]
Originally Posted By Gator96:
I stopped smoking 11.5 months ago, however I did not quit.
View Quote

5 years for me in January, also did not quit. If the s hits the fan or I will be terminally ill, I'll start right back.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 8:23:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Glocked:

Trying to label pro-freedom people as commies. Expecting the world to cater to your delicate olfactory senses, rather than you not going into the establishment.

That puts someone on the same level as the people bringing their emotional support possum into a Dr office and expecting others to accommodate.

Plenty of kids have breathing issues aggravated by smells like cologne, perfume and cleaning supplies not to mention what exposure to those chemicals do long term. Should we ban all those things too?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Clarinath:

Indoor smoking is legal here as long as it’s an 18+ (or 21?) establishment.

I can count on one hand the number of places that allow smoking that I’ve seen in the last 10 years.

So you still have to go outside to smoke your drugs.

Link Posted: 12/22/2023 8:29:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Still smoke 5-6 cigars a week sometimes more.
Love them,  

Putting a horse in a Gallup and having a cigar hang out of your mouth and not loosing it.  That to me is a great American experience.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 8:29:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ibn_Huq] [#35]
Cigarettes aren’t what they were, they smell like the death that they are now with the mandated
 chemicals added to suppress smoldering.

Unless OP can get everyone walking around with cones packed with a mix of Drum and hybrid
sativa there won’t be any sweet smoke wafting around the air in their utopia
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 8:32:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Oh it's the perfect drug alright. It has a stimulant that cranks things up a notch when you need to get things done. And a suppressant when you want to back it down and chill.

If it wasn't for the stink, expense, and cancer I'd go back to smoking. It's been about 16 years since I gave it up.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 8:37:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Lucifer_Sam:
I was just thinking this the other day. We traded smoking for wimpy, non risk taking fat people......................
View Quote
People who quit smoking generally gain weight. My Mom, on the other hand, weighed 80 pounds when she died from lung cancer.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 8:42:51 AM EDT
[#38]
The real America
Tex Williams - Smoke! Smoke! Smoke! (That Cigarette) 1947

Link Posted: 12/22/2023 9:01:22 AM EDT
[#39]
I once had 17 aunts and uncles.

My dad grew up on a tobacco farm.

Lung cancer killed 10 of them. All smokers.

Dad made it the longest. He never smoked.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 9:05:39 AM EDT
[#40]
I'll add that when they started putting the matchbook striking surface on the back of the book to keep us from self-immolation contributed to our downfall.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 9:07:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Look at some old pics of Mission Control for NASA.

Ashtrays and skinny,smart people everywhere.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 9:09:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Came here thinking this would be a BBQ thread. Very disappointed OP.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 9:12:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Not wrong.

I chew.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 9:21:07 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Lighten up Francis, reread my post and highlight where I said ban.

I actually wrote letters against businesses being forced to ban smoking, because I believe if a business owner wants to allow it on his or her property, that is their decision to make, not the government's.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Jesus no.

Bring back pipe smoke or cigars or anything but disgusting cigarettes.

Never mind my distaste for it, please everyone who is a smoker stop for your own good. It’s killing you and costing you money. Your children will be deprived of your presence, and if you’re especially unlucky you’ll spend your final years as a real slave to what you’ve done to yourself- hacking out your lungs or on the o2 bottle.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Don't Europeans smoke like crazy?
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Curing cancer needs to be the number 1 national priority.  That would produce the needed incentives for everyone to go back to smoking.  I want it to be like mad men where we get to smoke and drink during meetings at work.  Since nicotine increases T levels, all the other problems with the country should naturally work themselves out
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By NVCapCop:
OP's idea of a bonus hole?
https://tobaccocontrol.bmj.com/content/tobaccocontrol/17/1/6/F3.large.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 9:55:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Smoking would have saved Social Security.

Lots of smokers I know never made it to collect SS.

The remaining ones are in less than good health.  Smoking seems to cause more problems than just lung cancer.

You can overdo it on this safety stuff. We have become a Nation of wimps; effete, cowardly, weak.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:08:04 AM EDT
[#50]
The rise in obesity seems to be the inverse of the decline in smoking for sure. Health wise it might end up actually being worse.  My stepdad stopped smoking in his 50s and just starting drinking more.  Ended up a full on alcoholic. Smoking was his outlet and he replaced it with drinking.

I started thinking of all the 80s science fiction movies where everyone smokes in the future. Maybe once they cure cancer everyone starts smoking again.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top