BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:10:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:17:55 AM EDT
[#2]
That’s one way to make Social Security more sustainable.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:21:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:22:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:24:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tallahasseezz] [#5]
What is amazing to me is how smoking was so villainized, but smoking weed is actively encouraged.  Don't smoke cigarettes, but sure, vape THC with a bunch of sketchy Chinese chemicals mixed in. Almost like the powers that be have a certain outcome they are working towards.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:30:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 45-Seventy:
That's one way to make Social Security more sustainable.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:31:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I asked my doc the other day why there’s so many folks with Alzheimer’s and dementia today but not back when we were kids. He said everyone smoked way back then and died early from heart attacks, cancer, and strokes.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:36:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Hands:
I asked my doc the other day why there’s so many folks with Alzheimer’s and dementia today but not back when we were kids. He said everyone smoked way back then and died early from heart attacks, cancer, and strokes.
View Quote

I'll take heart attack death over a slow decent into dementia.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Ibn_Huq:
Cigarettes aren’t what they were, they smell like the death that they are now with the mandated
 chemicals added to suppress smoldering.

Unless OP can get everyone walking around with cones packed with a mix of Drum and hybrid
sativa there won’t be any sweet smoke wafting around the air in their utopia
View Quote

A lot of chemicals are added to cigarettes to make them even more addictive. I've seen smokers light up a cigarette while having a cigar or hookah. It's more than just nicotine that they were addicted to.

Smoking pure tobacco is still harmful, for sure, but maybe not as bad as most commercial cigarettes.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:38:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By southerncross:
Fuck no. That's retarded.
View Quote

It ranks right up there with sharing society with ORCs.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:40:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Hoji:
Look at some old pics of Mission Control for NASA.

Ashtrays and skinny,smart people everywhere.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:45:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#13]
Originally Posted By Tallahasseezz:
What is amazing to me is how smoking was so villainized, but smoking weed is actively encouraged.  Don't smoke cigarettes, but sure, vape THC with a bunch of sketchy Chinese chemicals mixed in. Almost like the powers that be have a certain outcome they are working towards.
View Quote

The propaganda was effective. They’ve used it for decades with great success. They needed it to be a cultural thing and no longer left up to individual responsibility.

As for weed, it’s no longer a popular progressive boogeyman, they’ve been busy selling other villains for years. Remember post 9/11 commercials from the NDC claiming that buying even one joint was helping fund Islamic extremist?
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Goosemaster:
I want smoking back like the old days, but with weed.
View Quote

That is a wish I can grant, and...DONE!
When you awake, you will find that smoking weed is pretty much allowed, at least in private, all over the country.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 11:03:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Taktiq:
I quit smoking about 4 or 5 yrs ago but I gotta say I miss the smell of a lit cigarette. Just love the smell on the rare chance now I come across someone actually smoking in the wild. There's a meme that society started going down the shitter when we stopped smoking Marlboro Reds and started vaping strawberry cheesecake.
View Quote

I was a long-term heavy smoker, Kool filters/100mm, and I can confirm that no matter how long you have been clean, that 'chip' in your head is always there. Its been over 40 years since I quit the Kools but I still did much lighter smoking off and on from 1987 to 1996, when I quit cigarettes forever. I guess I got lucky, because I've never had any kind of pulmonary problems - no COPD, nothing, and I'm still a working sax player.
Here's something that scared me - the wife brought home some 'Aromatherapy' samples and one was labeled 'Menthol'. I opened it, took a whiff, and suddenly I was opening a brand new pack of Kools - it was the exact same smell. The rush I experienced surprised me but didn't last long.
You can quit for good but you have to understand that the 'chip' stays implanted forever. That knowledge actually gives you power over it because you KNOW that if you're partying and light one up, you might be starting all over again - there is no 'break-in' period like when you started so many years ago - you can smoke one right now as easily as you ever did. It is scary and it should be.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 11:10:09 AM EDT
[#16]
That sweet aroma?  

Cigarette smoke stinks as much as shit does.

Link Posted: 12/22/2023 11:11:24 AM EDT
[#17]
I’m smoking right now and wrestling a bear.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Ha!

I still smoke about 2 packs/day!

Joke's on you guys!
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 11:20:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#19]
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 11:28:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Smoking did not make America great.  I for one am glad smoking is prohibited in restaurants.

Western Society is being deconstructed by the globalists who want us to own nothing, be happy and eat ze bugs.  They were the ones who decided to export production from our shores overseas and with it, under the guise of free trade, our wealth as the trade balance fell heavily in favor of exporting nations which are overseas.  They assured that we would transfer from a production economy to a service economy (burger flippers/stock shelvers/clerks/coffee baristas) when it was clear that service industry doesn't make sh*t.  They're the ones who changed the banking law (Dodd Frank) that made your deposits the bank's property and your investments from being yours to being only a beneficiary.  

Reject UriNation Agenda 2030 (or whatever they call it) and end bancos los federales before bancos los federales ends you.  Nyet to SeeBeeDeeSee.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#21]
I think when I'm nearing the end of my days I'll take up smoking a pipe.  It sure smells a lot better than cigarettes and it's kind of a treat to smell.  Reminds me of grandpa's friends.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:03:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I never stopped. Sonoma lights and Malbrough 72 ULs for the win.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:11:19 PM EDT
[#24]
The smell of a cigarette is awful to me but, there's nothing like the smell of a pipe. Between the smell and the rhythmic breathing, it's very calming. I love picking it up after a long day at work. I'm also growing fond of cigars.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:14:02 PM EDT
[#25]
OP is on to something.  Cigars for everyone.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:14:47 PM EDT
[#26]
No one wants to smell cigarettes.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:24:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#28]
ok caveman.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Op wants to see old men using a throat synthesizer, on an oxygen machine with end stage copd.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:38:27 PM EDT
[#30]
I can't stand the smell of cigarettes, but I love nicotine.  I don't use it anymore, but I kinda wish I did.  It would be a waste of money at this point.  But I loved it.  Finish up with a task or a customer meeting, pop in a nicotine lozenge in the car, aaaaahhhhhhh.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Ambridge77:

Bolded quote is quote to end all quotes.

But staying on topic, I remember the '70s and early '80s.

Everything smelled like cigarettes.
View Quote

My youngest brother was born in '67. People were smoking in the hospital, the waiting areas had ash trays in them. People smoked at sporting events, in restaurants, even on airplanes.

I used to smoke, quit in '86. I'm not a vehement antismoker, but I would now rather not be around the smoke. I'm happy with no smoking in restaurants, and I don't frequent bars.

I worked construction for over 40 years. It seemed that everybody smoked at first. Then it began slowing down. When I retired in '14, smoking was still around but it was far less common.

I made $3.00 an hour when I started the apprenticeship. I smoked then, and would borrow smokes from my father, who smoked non filter Luckies. Pretty soon I was too. The up side was when somebody wanted to borrow a cigarette, one look at the Lucky package usually dissuaded them. LOL
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:46:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By edcarPT:
I don't miss the smell of people that made poor choices in bars and restaurants.

And Barry smokes. Nothing more needs to be said.
View Quote

He smokes cigarettes and poles, from what we hear.

Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:49:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Taktiq:
I quit smoking about 4 or 5 yrs ago but I gotta say I miss the smell of a lit cigarette. Just love the smell on the rare chance now I come across someone actually smoking in the wild. There's a meme that society started going down the shitter when we stopped smoking Marlboro Reds and started vaping strawberry cheesecake.
View Quote

Same…and this made me laugh out loud.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:53:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:

It is an established fact that no man has landed on the moon and no US wars have been won since people stopped smoking, and yet every day our society falls further into chaos. If we have any chance of pulling out of this dive we need to start smoking again.

View Quote

My Dad said WWII was won with cigarettes and caffeine.

OP may have a valid point.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:55:59 PM EDT
[#35]
I was in a grocery store last week, and I asked the checkout person just for grins what a pack of smokes costs these days.

Here in the glorious people's republic of Illannoy, it's $13.00 per pack, tovarisch.

Much of it is taxes from what the person said.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:57:12 PM EDT
[#36]
I don’t like to smoke myself but I like the smell of tobacco smoke.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 12:59:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Probably a good time to buy cigarette stocks (MO, BTI).
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 1:01:46 PM EDT
[#38]
I know I miss the days of breathing in Dad's second hand smoke especially when I was captive in the car for long drives.
I also miss the days of my clothes smelling like cigarette smoke, the entire house smelling like smoke.
I miss the days when dad gave me a $1 and had me run up to the stationary on my Apollo 3 speed bicycle to get him a pack of Players.  

I would imagine the OP wants to bring back the little triangle side windows on vehicles where smokers held their cancer sticks.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:16:50 PM EDT
[#39]
No Thanks....
Tried it a few times as a kid, then again as an adult.

Thankfully it never stuck.

Way more negatives TO Me than any positives someone for it could list.

You do you, pass for me.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Smoking did not become prevalent until the 19th century though it had been around since the late 1500s

Western societies did fine before smoking became a thing
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:19:52 PM EDT
[#41]

Communist propaganda.

Funny how the downfall of our republic coincides with all the anti smoking rhetoric, but all the real commies still smoke.
View Quote

I’ve got 28 years running EMS, cigarettes and alcohol destroy more lives than communism by a long shot.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By linuxgnar:
OP is a cool dude and I'd like to subscribe to his newsletter.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Smoking and tobacco’s were actually good for you up until the 1960s.

Doctors endorsed many brands.

Then that fucking Surgeon General had to get involved and ruin the party.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:04:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: neshomamench] [#44]
If it wouldn’t hurt me, I would smoke 24/7.  I would figure out how to smoke while brushing my teeth and in my sleep.

It has been over 15 years since I have had a single puff…but I am still a smoker, if that makes sense.

My lord does it hit me after I eat sometimes. I also miss the ritual and the pause it brings.  Trying new stuff. Going to tobacco stores and lounges.

There is also a reality that people with an addiction always have something to look forward to. There is a purpose in addiction.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:08:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Sweet Aroma?

Quit smoking last year and it smells like absolute shit.  Can't believe I walked around for years smelling like that.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:20:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Our society has been in a downturn ever since the weenies and pearl clutchers didn't want to smell it anymore.

I have fond memories of going into restaurants and smelling that sweet aroma. Restaurants would hand out matchbooks, they were like the pokemon of the preinternet times. Slowly the commies segregated us and eventually we were pushed out. Now the entire world is in tatters.

This nation and the western world as we know it was built on this leafy green. The revolutionary war was fought over this plant, civilizations were built, and continents were colonized by it. The United States won two world wars with this crop, and 12 men landed on the moon fueled by its gifts.

It is an established fact that no man has landed on the moon and no US wars have been won since people stopped smoking, and yet every day our society falls further into chaos. If we have any chance of pulling out of this dive we need to start smoking again.

Thank you for listening to my presentation.

@RustedAce
View Quote

Dirty & bad smelling idiots, who pay money to willingly put poison in their bodies will save the western society?  lmao
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#47]
I hate smelling tobacco and marijuana smoke, so I think smoking should be illegal in all public areas.
Designated smoking areas would be fine if the wind couldn't carry it into a public area, but frequently it can & does. Besides they have it all over their clothes usually when they're done so I have to smell it just from them walking by afterwards.

I have no problems with people vaping. (I haven't smelled a bad-smelling vape yet.) I don't vape, but if you can do stuff in public and it not bother people then cool. Same goes for dip/chew, although I hate seeing it spit into clear containers. Can't smell it though so I'll just look away. No prohibition necessary lol

I'm opposed to pretty much anything that'd prohibit what adults can do to themselves on their own property.

Do I think promoting smoking would help western society?
No; not at all.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 3:42:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:

If you've never smoked, you have no idea how strong the addiction is. It's a beast that buries its claws in your brain, and jerks you around as its puppet 24 hours a day. If you have to go a waking hour without a cigarette, it twists those claws, causing pain that racks your entire body until you can feed it again.  

If you are one of the few strong enough to rip those claws out, you'll find they leave scars that never fully heal. I quit smoking decades ago, but if I'm walking down the street on a crisp Fall day and catch the scent of one drifting by, it still smells amazing.

But never again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:
Originally Posted By fargo007:
That sweet aroma?  

Cigarette smoke stinks as much as shit does.

If you've never smoked, you have no idea how strong the addiction is. It's a beast that buries its claws in your brain, and jerks you around as its puppet 24 hours a day. If you have to go a waking hour without a cigarette, it twists those claws, causing pain that racks your entire body until you can feed it again.  

If you are one of the few strong enough to rip those claws out, you'll find they leave scars that never fully heal. I quit smoking decades ago, but if I'm walking down the street on a crisp Fall day and catch the scent of one drifting by, it still smells amazing.

But never again.

Congrats on beating that. I believe everything you say about the addiction.

But with the smell, it's also true in the reciprocal.

People who have never smoked cigarettes (which is most people) think it reeks like shit. By that, I mean both the smoke itself, and also the odors of it in a place, or on a person.

Link Posted: 12/22/2023 4:20:03 PM EDT
[#49]
My mother died this day, Dec 22, 1967 of lung cancer. I saw her xrays when her doctor showed them to my father and her brother and pointed out where the cigarettes had destroyed her lungs. She had started smoking  when she was 7. At 38 she left behind a 9 yo (me), my sister who was 8 and my brother at 3.

Link Posted: 12/22/2023 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#50]
This motivated me, went out and bought a pack just now. Got some American spirits
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top