Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:53:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:
Where can i buy a sweet pipe. Asking for a friend
View Quote
Now.  Before you go too far @Keekleberrys; I suggest you research tongue bite.  As a part of the Fellowship of the Briar, I feel you should understand what you are getting yourself into.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:11:13 PM EDT
[#2]
No.

Hated working with chain smokers, they spent more time and attention smoking than actual working. It was like working with a one armed man that smelled bad.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:14:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I would also fight a circular saw to be able to smoke cigars and my pipe at work.
Also funny the amount of pussy ass antismoking propaganda being spouted off. Enjoy your 932nd booster and your cum flavored vapes.
If it weren’t for white trash chainsmoking menthols and the cheapest floor sweepings cigarettes it would be universally agreed that fine tobacco is a delight to the senses.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 6:41:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Keekleberrys] [#4]
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 6:46:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TexanInOhio4] [#5]
I've enjoyed a few cigars in the past....I seriously liked them.

I'd love more, but I know they're not good for me.

Polluting one's own body is not going to save western society.

That is honestly some of the dumbest BS I've ever heard.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 6:51:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Completely agree with OP.

Smoking was the canary in the coal mine for personal freedom.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WBe3pM7o31A/Te9x7UY1P3I/AAAAAAAACN4/WMc8xIcR0y4/s1600/CAP_classroom_1960s_smoking002.jpg
View Quote

Personal freedom to inflict your nasty and harmful habit on other people.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:
My dad would agree, had he not died 35 years ago from lung cancer.  With a half inch diameter tube coming out of the side of his chest to drain fluid so he could breath for a couple more days.
View Quote

My dad, my wife's dad, my BIL, my uncle and several friends dads and mom's. And several coworkers and childhood friends too. 1 was Emphysema, the rest lung cancer.

I crumbled to peer pressure at 11 years old at the school bus stop. It tasted like shit, I coughed and threw it on the ground and never looked back. Thank God for that.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 7:13:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Keekleberrys] [#8]
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 7:17:19 PM EDT
[#9]
The nags are never satisfied. Nags just keep nagging and pushing.
Our country was better when people smoked. There were a few casualties along the way, however.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 8:49:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TugJob:

My dad, my wife's dad, my BIL, my uncle and several friends dads and mom's. And several coworkers and childhood friends too. 1 was Emphysema, the rest lung cancer.

I crumbled to peer pressure at 11 years old at the school bus stop. It tasted like shit, I coughed and threw it on the ground and never looked back. Thank God for that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
My dad would agree, had he not died 35 years ago from lung cancer.  With a half inch diameter tube coming out of the side of his chest to drain fluid so he could breath for a couple more days.

All these pro smoking bitches need to watch their own mother take her last inadequate breath and die right in front of their eyes like I did.

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 9:28:22 PM EDT
[#11]
It might slow the obesity epidemic.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:38:40 PM EDT
[#12]
The second hand smoke scare was one of the most successful propaganda campaigns of the 90s. Everyone read and repeated the “second hand smoke is more harmful than what the smoker inhales” line. Based on a faulty study that was later proven to be a lie. However it gave the traction needed to get the ball rolling against tobacco.
Farmers in the southeast were fairly independent and the elites have always hated independence. Wanted them all relocated to assembly line slave jobs. They succeeded. This all happened about the same time they drove out the independent midwest farmers.
Fuck the elites.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:40:59 PM EDT
[#13]

I smoke a pipe about once a day. I absolutely love it! I truly believe society would be a better place if everyone smoked a pipe or cigar daily.

I'll call...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 12:39:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: David0858] [#14]
Originally Posted By TZ250:

All these pro smoking bitches need to watch their own mother take her last inadequate breath and die right in front of their eyes like I did.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TZ250:

I did too. It was a horrible death. They removed one lung but it had already spread to the other. She left behind three kids. I also got to breathe huge amounts of smoke from her, my father and step mother for 18 years whenever I was at home or in a car with them and have had lung problems my whole life.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 1:57:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 2:04:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 2:05:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#17]
Our society has been in a downturn ever since the weenies and pearl clutchers didn't want to smell it anymore.

I have fond memories of going into restaurants and smelling that sweet aroma. Restaurants would hand out matchbooks, they were like the pokemon of the preinternet times. Slowly the commies segregated us and eventually we were pushed out. Now the entire world is in tatters.

This nation and the western world as we know it was built on this leafy green. The revolutionary war was fought over this plant, civilizations were built, and continents were colonized by it. The United States won two world wars with this crop, and 12 men landed on the moon fueled by its gifts.

It is an established fact that no man has landed on the moon and no US wars have been won since people stopped smoking, and yet every day our society falls further into chaos. If we have any chance of pulling out of this dive we need to start smoking again.

Thank you for listening to my presentation.

@RustedAce
View Quote

Ha,@Keekleberrys this reminds me of a senior scientist in the Army that said men that smoked (and drank) were the characters that made all our modern progress. And great people like Patton.

It was basically a tongue in cheek joke in response to the safety patrol types present saying it should all be banned, but a true observation nonetheless; and he’s made it a couple times so was more than just that spurious observation.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 4:15:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#18]

Communist propaganda.

Funny how the downfall of our republic coincides with all the anti smoking rhetoric, but all the real commies still smoke.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NVCapCop:
OP's idea of a bonus hole?
https://tobaccocontrol.bmj.com/content/tobaccocontrol/17/1/6/F3.large.jpg

Communist propaganda.

Funny how the downfall of our republic coincides with all the anti smoking rhetoric, but all the real commies still smoke.

You missed the memo about correlation vs causation. Oh well. Other people die = more room for me. Have at it, but truth > delusional romanticism, no matter how anyone feels about it. I can point to any other numer of causal reasons for American decline, & cigarette smoking isn't on the list.

But whatever.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 4:19:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Keekleberrys] [#19]
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 4:33:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Antismokers are the same as tyrants
View Quote

I don't give a shit whether someone smokes or not, go for it. I VERY MUCH mind it they inflect their crap on me, though.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:03:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:25:06 AM EDT
[#23]

It is an established fact that no man has landed on the moon and no US wars have been won since people stopped smoking,
View Quote

people were smoking everywhere during the korean and vietnam wars. the moon landing was controlled by a room full of guys smoking, running the control room. please return to your seat on the very short bus, fasten your styrofoam bike helmet, and never post again.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:29:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:34:49 AM EDT
[#25]
I wrote a term paper on how tobacco and cotton won American independence.  Tobacco is still important to the eco omg,  it I think it saved the West in WWI and WWII. Tobacco is no longer a crop that will cause a war.

Link Posted: 1/9/2024 3:35:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Keekleberrys] [#26]
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 3:36:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 10:20:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By TexanInOhio4:
I've enjoyed a few cigars in the past....I seriously liked them.

I'd love more, but I know they're not good for me.

Polluting one's own body is not going to save western society.

That is honestly some of the dumbest BS I've ever heard.
View Quote

@TexanInOhio4 99% of folks don't inhale their cigar or pipe smoke.  As such, your health effects are minimal, if any.  Some studies show the relaxation effect outweighs the effects of any tobacco exposure and life expectancy is increased.

On a freedom-loving website like this, folks should embrace personal freedom and responsibility.  Its a leftist position that being within a mile of a tobacco leaf will kill you instantly.   Like other things, moderation is key.  Puffing on a pipe or cigar is a lot more moderate than a pack a day (two pack a day) habit of inhaling genetically-modified tobacco in cigarettes.

Gun and freedom-loving people need to stop wringing their hands and fretting like leftist Karen's about the existence of tobacco on this planet and that some folks may enjoy the freedom to enjoy a cigar or bowl of pipe tobacco.  Don't be a brainwashed, progressive Karen folks.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 11:41:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Gandalf won the battle of the five armies by smoking
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/10/2024 8:01:15 AM EDT
[#32]
I miss the trash can fires in the office.  
I remember the melted plastic cans and the blistered paint on the metal ones.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 5:16:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#33]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:00:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:00:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:02:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:04:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:08:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:11:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:14:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:18:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:18:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:18:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 12:52:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 3:47:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Keekleberrys] [#45]
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 4:23:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 4:59:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Does wacky tobacky count?

View Quote

@RustedAce

But I’m guessing you know that
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 5:30:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#48]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 6:04:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#49]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:48:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top