Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By midcap:
congrats man!

would a pump help the erections?
View Quote

A lot of doctors prescribe a pump following surgery to keep things “flexible and expandable” while waiting for function to return.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#2]
June 6 2023 I had my prostate removed by RARP (robot assisted radical prostatectomy.) All was fine, catheter for the 10 days sucked. Went for my last surgical urologist check by a nurse and she ok’d me to resume activities.
Told me the “diaper thing” will go away in its own time and don’t worry about it.
So I resumed activities and eventually (a couple weeks or so) started seeing blood in my urine. Called and they said “normal” but by 4th of July Saturday I was in so much pain in my groin area I had the wife call 911.  Ambulance ride to local hospital (no urology dept) and spent the night in an emergency room bed. What a cluster fuck that was. Someone finally contacted my 1st urologist Dr and he told them “get him to Concord hospital NOW”
(Where my surgery took place) turns out after MRI  Act Scan I had torn the sutures where the surgeon reconnected my urethra to the bladder after removing the prostate. I had bad blood  and urine infections because of the urine leaking into my abdomen. Spent a week there on antibiotics while they tried to create a special blend to send me home with. They installed a PICC line into a vein to my heart from my bicep. Holy shit was that scary.

Sent me home with a new antibiotic “soup” and had me sign up for a visiting nurse to teach my wife how to administer the meds through the Picc line (ultra sanitary process) was back on a cath as well. I had weakened and lost so much weight throu that experience I had to use a walker to get around and it was with great and painful difficulty. Got through that mess and started getting strength back little by little. One doc said I could have died from the infections. Today, all is well and I’ll be 74 in December. What a fucking 2023!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top