You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:08:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony] [#1]
20 today, 120 WTD, 634 MTD, 1424 YTD
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:05:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CrustyKayak:

Done throughout the day with other activities...

10x32
4x25
4x25 (Both 4x25 sets were done with 33lb SCBA...)
10x32
8x32

March 30 Total - 1,096

2024 Total - 56,592
View Quote

March 31 - 560 (10x35 and 6x35)

March 2024 Total - 26,038

2024 Total - 57,152
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By macro:
At no point today did I work out.
I simply never made the time.
Today was about errands and tasks.
Had to do laundry, clean up a few rooms, do dishes, cook a few meals, run to the hardware store, organize a closet, move some things around in the work shop....and a bunch of other small crap not worth mentioning.

So I never made time for push ups today.
But.....what I did do is drop to the floor in between tasks and do random sets of pushups throughout the day.
I never made time for them...but I did get a few in here and there.
Didn't get to my usual numbers, but still managed to crank out 290 reps today....in the bedroom, in the laundry room, in the kitchen...in the garage. 34150 YTD

Also did a few pull ups every time I went out to the shop...got maybe a dozen good ones and few cheaters.

For a day that I never had a dedicated workout, I'm satisfied.
View Quote

Incrementalism!
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:51:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I knew it was a matter of time. Threw my back out bad last night. Spent most of today just trying find a comfortable position to sit in. Just got in 150 pushups and 85 dumbbell curls. Thats it for today. Sucks. Definitely made no progress today....will hope for a better day tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I knew it was a matter of time. Threw my back out bad last night. Spent most of today just trying find a comfortable position to sit in. Just got in 150 pushups and 85 dumbbell curls. Thats it for today. Sucks. Definitely made no progress today....will hope for a better day tomorrow.
View Quote

have that for you macro.

is there a gym with a decent sauna you could use?

I've always found those helpful to keep me loose.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a case of ahdawnwannas today, but I fought through them.

15,300 YTD.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 9:41:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By M4ger:

have that for you macro.

is there a gym with a decent sauna you could use?

I've always found those helpful to keep me loose.
View Quote
I've had chronic back issues for 15 years now. Just need to rest it. Tomorrow will hopefully be a little better. By mid week it will hopefully be over.

The funny thing is that I can do the pushups no problem...but I can't get down to the floor or back up again.

In truth, by body needs a break anyway. I've been pushing hard every day. Taking a rest day is probably a good idea.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 10:35:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had chronic back issues for 15 years now. Just need to rest it. Tomorrow will hopefully be a little better. By mid week it will hopefully be over.

The funny thing is that I can do the pushups no problem...but I can't get down to the floor or back up again.

In truth, by body needs a break anyway. I've been pushing hard every day. [color=#ff0000]Taking a rest day is probably a good idea.
View Quote

[/color]

Rest day is so important it’s even in the Bible, your body needs time to catch up on constantly having to put itself back together. Especially with the kinds of numbers you and some of the guys in here are throwing down.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:10:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Definitely better this morning.  Still tender, but I'm up and at it. Got in 200 during my morning routine and will see how things go later.  

Found a steal for some dumbells on FB marketplace so I am picking those up tonight and will be getting in some bicep curls later for sure. Will try to get at least a few solid pullups.

Rest day is over.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:52:23 AM EDT
[#10]

March 31 - 560 (10x35 and 6x35)

March 2024 Total - 26,038

2024 Total - 57,152
View Quote

As part of other PT, I incorporated Push-ups to save my knee.  It feels good, but I really want this healed.

April 1 - 500

2024 Total - 57,652
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:53:56 AM EDT
[#11]

In truth, by body needs a break anyway. I've been pushing hard every day. Taking a rest day is probably a good idea.
View Quote

Back issues will put you down.  Rest up.  HiPower ain't wrong.  It's Biblical to heal.  Still doesn't feel good...lol
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 7:48:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Tonight's goal is 15,600.

First set of 50 at 1911
0:40.

2nd set at 1917.  50 reps in 0:41

3rd set at 1924.  50 reps in 0:40

4th set at 1932.  50 reps in 0:40

5th set at 1939.  50 reps in 0:38

6th set at 1945.  50 reps in 0:36

Let's do this again tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:01:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: macro] [#13]

Back issues will put you down.  Rest up.  HiPower ain't wrong.  It's Biblical to heal.  Still doesn't feel good...lol
View Quote
My back issues are so well diagnosed that I know exactly what I can get away with after a spasm....which usually means I push too damn hard too soon. If I didn't know the injury I'd probably just totally back off. Now I just try to isolate my lower spine and use whatever else I can move. Case in point, tonight was bicep curls and some time on the pull up rack.

Still working on pushups, but I'm very happy with my numbers today so far.  Considering I could barely get out of bed yesterday I'm blessed to be hitting it hard today.

I think it was all a delayed reaction to running with the chest rig. Too much impact on my lumbar spine. Will need to ease into that a bit.

ETA - 800 pushups for the day.  Definitely still dealing with the back....stiff right now, but I feel a whole lot better with a workout under my belt.

35,100 YTD.
Still on target for 10,000 per month.

Back at it in the morning.  

Grind forward men.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:41:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Jan - 600; started at 3x10s
Feb - 840
Mar - 875; had a crappy couple weeks with work and blew my numbers, up to 3x25s now.
Total - 2,315

Should hit 3x30 in April.  Still doing elliptical, crunches and weighted squats.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:09:43 AM EDT
[#15]
New week, new month.

40 today, 40 WTD, 40 MTD, 1464 YTD
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:35:04 AM EDT
[#16]

As part of other PT, I incorporated Push-ups to save my knee.  It feels good, but I really want this healed.

April 1 - 500

2024 Total - 57,652
View Quote

April 2 - 530

2024 Total - 58,092
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Did a set of 50 at 03:30. Did another two sets of 50 around 06:00.

Won't be home until late tonight. Will see how I'm feeling after being up and at it for 20 hours straight.

At the very least I'll try to get a few more in.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Need to get back on track.

150 this evening.

7400 to date.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:09:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Knocked out another 300 from 1927 to 1959.

6 sets of 50.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:09:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Hill_monkey:

150 this evening.

7400 to date.
View Quote

you'll soon be at 10k
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Maroonfeather:
Feb - 840
Mar - 875; had a crappy couple weeks with work and blew my numbers, up to 3x25s now.
Total - 2,315

Should hit 3x30 in April.  Still doing elliptical, crunches and weighted squats.
View Quote

I have a feeling you'll be 3x50 this year and the lightbulb moment will go off where you always do 50 rep sets
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:56:15 PM EDT
[#22]

I have a feeling you'll be 3x50 this year and the lightbulb moment will go off where you always do 50 rep sets
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Maroonfeather:
Feb - 840
Total - 2,315

That seems doable, nice goal.  Haven't done that many since high school gymnastics.  This thread helps us all keep pushing
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:53:38 AM EDT
[#23]
40 today, 80 WTD, 80 MTD, 1504 YTD
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#24]
16,200 in my FOV.

First set of 60 at 2000.  0:49.
2nd set of 60 at 2007.  0:47.
3rd set of 60 at 2015.  0:45.
4th set of 60 at 2023.  0:46.
5th set of 60 at 2031.  0:44.

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:35:00 PM EDT
[#25]

you'll soon be at 10k
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hill_monkey:

150 this evening.

7400 to date.

you'll soon be at 10k

Very slowly

150 tonight

7550 to date
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:16:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Today was the proudest workout of my life. For reference, I started lifting weights in the 1980's.....trained at Golds Gym, World's Gym, and countless other gyms on and off for almost 40 years. I've run road races for over a decade...I've trekked in the rockies....but today I had an experience that tops it all.

Today my 12 year old joined me for my work out, and she has been so enthusiastic about helping me train for the murph. She is the most patriotic kid you will ever meet....she did pullups with me tonight, is doing dips, and wants desperately to join my on Memorial day. Tonight was the first time she really joined me for a complete start to finish session.

She told me how happy she is that we are getting into shape and how much she is enjoying working out.

I've trained for 40 years...and I know the mental benefits of being in shape. To see her have that same lightbulb go on tonight gave me a feeling I've never truly felt. I now know that no matter what comes, she can always reset to this moment, and understand in her heart and mind why we need to train. The word pride doesn't really describe it. It's more like absolute contentment. She is starting to understand why hard work pays off.  

We both worked out really hard, got exhausted, I gave her a hug, and honestly...this is what it's all about.

I will put her to work for the murph...she can definitely do squats with me. Depending on the shape I'm in at the end, maybe I'll just walk a mile with her. Time will tell.

But anyway....I digress.

Pushups.  

400 today.  
35,700 YTD

Grind on brothers.
Grind on.  

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:43:50 PM EDT
[#27]

April 2 - 530

2024 Total - 58,092
View Quote

2x50 just now...

April 3 - 100

2024 Total - 58,192

Just not feeling it
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:44:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Today was the proudest workout of my life. For reference, I started lifting weights in the 1980's.....trained at Golds Gym, World's Gym, and countless other gyms on and off for almost 40 years. I've run road races for over a decade...I've trekked in the rockies....but today I had an experience that tops it all.

Today my 12 year old joined me for my work out, and she has been so enthusiastic about helping me train for the murph. She is the most patriotic kid you will ever meet....she did pullups with me tonight, is doing dips, and wants desperately to join my on Memorial day. Tonight was the first time she really joined me for a complete start to finish session.

She told me how happy she is that we are getting into shape and how much she is enjoying working out.

I've trained for 40 years...and I know the mental benefits of being in shape. To see her have that same lightbulb go on tonight gave me a feeling I've never truly felt. I now know that no matter what comes, she can always reset to this moment, and understand in her heart and mind why we need to train. The word pride doesn't really describe it. It's more like absolute contentment. She is starting to understand why hard work pays off.  

We both worked out really hard, got exhausted, I gave her a hug, and honestly...this is what it's all about.

I will put her to work for the murph...she can definitely do squats with me. Depending on the shape I'm in at the end, maybe I'll just walk a mile with her. Time will tell.

But anyway....I digress.

Pushups.  

400 today.  
35,700 YTD

Grind on brothers.
Grind on.  

View Quote

You win.  Your legacy is worth more than some number.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:04:57 PM EDT
[#29]

But anyway....I digress.

Pushups.  

400 today.  
35,700 YTD

Grind on brothers.
Grind on.  

View Quote
This is freakin' amazing!

Really great story, love to see this!

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:09:35 PM EDT
[#30]
I've been dealing with some crazy work and personal stuff and been off of Arfcom for a while.

I've been doing the daily 3 miles and 500 push ups but the has been a bit hit or miss.

I'm still focused on the Murph and doing reps of pull ups, push ups and air squats daily.

The 1 mile runs, push ups and air squats are easy enough, but I have some work to do on the pull ups over the next 7 weeks. I can rip off 10x5 and need to get the reps up to 10 per set, gotta try harder the rest of this month.

Keep Grinding

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:54:49 PM EDT
[#31]
I mowed for 6 hours. I had to fold the brim of my hat so it wouldn't blow off. Ears and neck are a little radiant. Once supper settles, 40 pushups are due.

If you want a "delay" tactic that still works the arms, top off your automobile tires with a bike pump. About 15 pumps per PSI. I forgot to mention this the other day.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:25:17 AM EDT
[#32]
I am in awe of the numbers you all put down.  Kudos gents.  

After months of plateau I finally made it to 12 reps on my first set in today’s workout.  I might have had 13 in there, but I’m no spring chicken so have to balance intensity with caution so I don’t wreck my shoulders again.  

At 56 it’s nice to see some definition in my arms after decades of flabby.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:53:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Scott_S:
I am in awe of the numbers you all put down.  Kudos gents.  

After months of plateau I finally made it to 12 reps on my first set in today's workout.  I might have had 13 in there, but I'm no spring chicken so have to balance intensity with caution so I don't wreck my shoulders again.  

At 56 it's nice to see some definition in my arms after decades of flabby.
View Quote
Keep after it and just go slow. A couple of months ago I couldn't do many reps at all, and everything hurt the day after when I tried. Slowly that gave way to more strength, less soreness, and with the help of some disciplined eating, weight loss.  

Because of this thread I am now in far better condition and 30 pounds lighter than I was on 12/31.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:54:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By HighpowerRifleBrony:
I mowed for 6 hours. I had to fold the brim of my hat so it wouldn't blow off. Ears and neck are a little radiant. Once supper settles, 40 pushups are due.

If you want a "delay" tactic that still works the arms, top off your automobile tires with a bike pump. About 15 pumps per PSI. I forgot to mention this the other day.
View Quote
I think I did that bike pump thing once because the hose on my compressor wasn't long enough to reach out to the end of my driveway.  

That same day I bought a longer hose
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:56:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Jerryjeff:
I've been dealing with some crazy work and personal stuff and been off of Arfcom for a while.

I've been doing the daily 3 miles and 500 push ups but the has been a bit hit or miss.

I'm still focused on the Murph and doing reps of pull ups, push ups and air squats daily.

The 1 mile runs, push ups and air squats are easy enough, but I have some work to do on the pull ups over the next 7 weeks. I can rip off 10x5 and need to get the reps up to 10 per set, gotta try harder the rest of this month.

Keep Grinding

View Quote
3 miles and 500 pushups daily is an incredible effort. I can't imagine what percentage of people do that daily, but I bet it's very small. You are crushing it.

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:43:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CrustyKayak] [#36]

2x50 just now...

April 3 - 100

2024 Total - 58,192

Just not feeling it
View Quote

Lunch break workout...

14 rounds - each round 2 minutes
    -5 Pull-ups
    -30 Push-ups

Followed by 2x40 on Push-ups.  I am going to try and add more later...

April 4 - 500

2024 Total - 58,692

Edit - I added 17x30 since I have the house to.myself.

April 4 Total - 1,010

2024 Total - 59,202
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:38:54 PM EDT
[#37]
@CrustyKayak
@Jerryjeff
@macro
@M4ger
@HiPower1935
@Hill_monkey
@HighpowerRifleBrony

Gentlemen - see below with the most up to date numbers I found from the recent few pages.
We are closing in on 180,000 pushups!
Currently on pace for 717,000 by the end of the year

Jerryjeff - I am just assuming you are putting up 500 per day, multiplied by however many days its been - if you have a different number just let me know

If anyone wants on just post and let me know and I will add you to the chart.
If anyone wants off, let me know.

I am off from work today so I have been knocking out sets as the day goes on...up to 500 so far.

Grind on gentlemen!

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:00:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Can add 200 more to that chart.

7750 to date.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Making a habit of getting out of my recliner in the evenings and running to the gym.

16,500 is mine tonight.

First set of 50 at 1940.  0:39.
2nd set at 1945.  0:38.
3rd set at 1951.  0:38.
4th set at 1958.  0:38.
5th set at 2005.  0:37.
Last set of the day at 2012.  0:59.

The last set was done with 10 reps alternating between platforms.  10 high, 10 low, moving left to right, right to left, while remaining horizontal.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:18:49 PM EDT
[#40]
@CrustyKayak
@Jerryjeff
@macro
@M4ger
@HiPower1935
@Hill_monkey
@HighpowerRifleBrony

Gentlemen - see below with the most up to date numbers I found from the recent few pages.
We are closing in on 180,000 pushups!
Currently on pace for 717,000 by the end of the year

Jerryjeff - I am just assuming you are putting up 500 per day, multiplied by however many days its been - if you have a different number just let me know

If anyone wants on just post and let me know and I will add you to the chart.
If anyone wants off, let me know.

I am off from work today so I have been knocking out sets as the day goes on...up to 500 so far.

Grind on gentlemen!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/38917/PU_Leaderboard_04-04-24-3177858.jpg
View Quote

Good man macro.

Thank you for posting this incredible progress by everybody.

Bigly inspirational.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Making a habit of getting out of my recliner in the evenings and running to the gym.

16,500 is mine tonight.

The last set was done with 10 reps alternating between platforms.  10 high, 10 low, moving left to right, right to left, while remaining horizontal.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/401845/IMG_20240404_201540621_jpg-3178396.JPG
View Quote
Nicely done.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Got to 800 today.
36,500 YTD.  

Time for rest.
And then back at it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:31:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Nicely done.
View All Quotes

16,500 is mine tonight.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/401845/IMG_20240404_201540621_jpg-3178396.JPG
Nicely done.

Danke
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:05:11 AM EDT
[#44]
I fell asleep before pushups last night so I did them today.

60 today, 140 WTD, 140 MTD, 1564 YTD
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 1:51:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By HiPower1935:

Forgot to update last week, and this week I was slacking until I caught up with 400 today that I just finished up.

Big life changes lately, I finally called it quits after almost a year of trying to work close to home, and took another engineering job at sea. So I’m back to being on a boat for a month at a time.

The bad news, is that the exercise equipment on the boat amounts to two adjustments dumbbells. The good news is I have plenty of spare time and no distractions. Hit leg day for the first time in months with the dumbbells yesterday and I’m feeling it today.  

Push-up total:

400 today
700 week
11,600 ytd
View Quote

Weekly update:

1,400 this week
13,000 ytd

That dang graph really has me wanting to do more.

Link Posted: 4/5/2024 6:32:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By HiPower1935:

Weekly update:

1,400 this week
13,000 ytd

That dang graph really has me wanting to do more.

View Quote

I'm going to knock out 250 today and 250 tomorrow to get to 17,000, and the following 2 weeks will be 1,500/wk.

20,000 is approaching quickly.

Yes, that chart helps develop a plan of attack.

Plus everyone's efforts in here are astoundingly good.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:10:31 AM EDT
[#47]

16,500 is mine tonight.

View Quote

Don't platforms earn some sort of multiplier?

20k by Friday, April 19?
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 2:11:00 PM EDT
[#48]

Don't platforms earn some sort of multiplier?

20k by Friday, April 19?
View Quote
I plan to try some today with the chest rig....not planning on using a multiplier, but I know they are going to be a LOT harder.

Almost able to do 5 decent pullups in a row, but without wearing the extra weight.
Not sure if I am going to get to 100 with an extra 20 pounds on my shoulders, but I guess we will see.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 4:06:04 PM EDT
[#49]

Lunch break workout...

14 rounds - each round 2 minutes
    -5 Pull-ups
    -30 Push-ups

Followed by 2x40 on Push-ups.  I am going to try and add more later...

April 4 - 500

2024 Total - 58,692

Edit - I added 17x30 since I have the house to.myself.

April 4 Total - 1,010

2024 Total - 59,202
View Quote

10x30
10x25
1x50
6x50

April 5 - 900

2024 Total - 60,102
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#50]
250 today

8000 to date
Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top