BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 78
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 5:52:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fike:

What do Lance Stroll and Mick Schumacher have in common?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Elmer_Fudd_Gantry:
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

Williams:  Gets their shit together somehow.  Sargeant gone, Schumacher takes his place.  Albon is there through '25.

I don’t think the Williams chassis department could keep up with the carnage Schumacher would bring. I mean it’s been reported he cost HAAS $2mil in damage.

Both are better drivers than anyone in this thread?
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 6:10:36 PM EDT
[#2]

View Quote

They bring dinero.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 6:39:56 PM EDT
[#3]

They bring dinero.
View All Quotes

They bring dinero.

Yep, and it sounds like Williams could use it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

Williams:  Gets their shit together somehow.  Sargeant gone, Schumacher takes his place.  Albon is there through '25.

I don’t think the Williams chassis department could keep up with the carnage Schumacher would bring. I mean it’s been reported he cost HAAS $2mil in damage.

That’s a low bar, but appropriate for them.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:16:25 PM EDT
[#5]

View All Quotes

They bring dinero.

Estimates of close to $3M after the last two races with both of Albons crashes resulting in damaged chassis.  Just the logistics of sending cars back and forth like that rather than keeping them on the same side of the globe like planned.  Probably will hurt their performance updates later on in a big way.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 11:01:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 11:54:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spyk3] [#7]

View Quote

They're as shit as their dad?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 7:51:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By spyk3:

View All Quotes

Mick wishes he had half the talent his dad had.

I don't understand how you got "shit" out of Michael Schumacher's career.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:18:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Feeder stalwart Prema are coming to Indycar in 2025. That's interesting as they're a great team, and it almost formalizes the great success F2 drivers are finding this side of the pond.

https://www.indycar.com/news/2024/04/04-09-prema
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:09:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I keep seeing reference to China 'next week'

but F1 site says Apr 19-21
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By danpass:
I keep seeing reference to China 'next week'

but F1 site says Apr 19-21
View Quote
Only

RA WE
CE EKs

count.

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:15:01 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

A response so bad it’s actually impressive. Well done.

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 5:20:27 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

What the fuck?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 7:27:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Here's what I'd like to see happen with drivers/teams:

VCARB: I hate to say it but RIC out and Lawson takes his seat.  RIC becomes an F1 commentator/personality because he's obviously a fan favorite.  Unfortunately, he's a better TV personality than a driver at this point.  Yuki stays.

HAAS:  Bearman gets a seat, replacing Hulkenberg.  KMag gets a 1-year extension.

SauberStakeKick:  Zhou gone, Gasly gets his seat.  Bottas stays another year.  Their pit crew gets their shit together.  This would break up the fight between Gasly and Ocon that often ends in a crash.

Alpine:  Stops sucking ass.  Ocon gets a 1-year extension and Gasly is replaced by Doohan.   I can't imagine another driver wants to go to that team with the current shit show.

Mercedes:  Sainz to Mercedes and he's quicker than Hamilton in the Ferrari because it would be glorious.

Aston Martin:  Lance fucks off to give handjobs to his tennis coach and Drugovich takes his place.  Alonso gets an extension.

McLaren:  No change.

RBR:  Perez remains consistent this season and keeps his seat.  When he's performing well, I can't imagine a better #2 driver.

View Quote

I don't see Schumacher coming back.  He had his chance and sadly, he doesn't have his father's level of talent, or even his uncle Ralph's.  

Perez needs to be more consistent.  Saintz would take that seat in a heartbeat if offered to him.  I could see Redbull wanting a better #2.

It is time for Riccardo, Sargent and Stroll to go do something else, whatever that may be.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't think RBR are the least bit interested in a #2 that would challenge Max. They want someone happy finishing 2nd to Max. Right now, that's Checo.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:29:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cypher214] [#16]
Originally Posted By not_sure:

I don't see Schumacher coming back.  He had his chance and sadly, he doesn't have his father's level of talent, or even his uncle Ralph's.  

Perez needs to be more consistent.  Saintz would take that seat in a heartbeat if offered to him.  I could see Redbull wanting a better #2.

It is time for Riccardo, Sargent and Stroll to go do something else, whatever that may be.
View All Quotes

VCARB: I hate to say it but RIC out and Lawson takes his seat.  RIC becomes an F1 commentator/personality because he's obviously a fan favorite.  Unfortunately, he's a better TV personality than a driver at this point.  Yuki stays.

HAAS:  Bearman gets a seat, replacing Hulkenberg.  KMag gets a 1-year extension.

SauberStakeKick:  Zhou gone, Gasly gets his seat.  Bottas stays another year.  Their pit crew gets their shit together.  This would break up the fight between Gasly and Ocon that often ends in a crash.

Alpine:  Stops sucking ass.  Ocon gets a 1-year extension and Gasly is replaced by Doohan.   I can't imagine another driver wants to go to that team with the current shit show.

Mercedes:  Sainz to Mercedes and he's quicker than Hamilton in the Ferrari because it would be glorious.

Aston Martin:  Lance fucks off to give handjobs to his tennis coach and Drugovich takes his place.  Alonso gets an extension.

RBR:  Perez remains consistent this season and keeps his seat.  When he's performing well, I can't imagine a better #2 driver.

Mick is a reserve driver at Mercedes and he's had some time to mature since his abysmal season with Haas.  I think he'll get another chance in F1.

Also, don't forget Zhou in the list of "needs to do something else".  Kid is trash.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:33:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Mick is a reserve driver at Mercedes and he's had some time to mature since his abysmal season with Haas.  I think he'll get another chance in F1.

Also, don't forget Zhou in the list of "needs to do something else".  Kid is trash.
View Quote

Tremendous Kudos around Zhou in China. That's a big dollar market for F1. He's safe.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:42:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Esterhase:

Tremendous Kudos around Zhou in China. That's a big dollar market for F1. He's safe.
View All Quotes

That's the only thing that'll keep him in F1 if he doesn't go away.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

We wouldn’t be talking about Mick and a second chance if his father wasn’t Michael. Two years and 43 starts is more than enough.

Zhou is similar. If he wasn’t Chinese and on a team owned by Audi, he’d be gone as well. They started to do a ton a track promo stuff this year with him that we never see.

Maybe Audi can put together a birth right super team with Zhou (representing Audi’s biggest market) and Schumacher (representing Audi’s home market).
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:54:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TotalNovice] [#20]
I don't think RBR are the least bit interested in a #2 that would challenge Max. They want someone happy finishing 2nd to Max. Right now, that's Checo.
View Quote

Unless Ferrari can challenge for the constructors title. That's where the money is.

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:39:48 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Kimi Antonelli will at a minimum be at Williams next year, some even think Toto will put him in the Mercedes as a rookie.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:46:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By racerpk11:

Estimates of close to $3M after the last two races with both of Albons crashes resulting in damaged chassis.  Just the logistics of sending cars back and forth like that rather than keeping them on the same side of the globe like planned.  Probably will hurt their performance updates later on in a big way.
View Quote

Oof, that’s gotta hurt cap and any spare parts pool. If they can’t get another chassis until Silverstone if they have another wreck we may see another Australia.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:14:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By DCV_117:

Kimi Antonelli will at a minimum be at Williams next year, some even think Toto will put him in the Mercedes as a rookie.
View Quote

The Race seems to think so:

The 2025 F1 driver gamble Mercedes is desperate to make

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#24]
The tub may be just money. Unless there's any significant changes to it, I doubt it will hurt development. I think they're homologated now, so it won't change much. It's just the cost of repair and shipping, which they hopefully accounted for.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:41:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Japanese GP 2024 | Highlights | Formula 1 Comedy
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:43:06 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

He’s trash, but will be kept because China.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:49:56 AM EDT
[#27]
The tub may be just money. Unless there's any significant changes to it, I doubt it will hurt development. I think they're homologated now, so it won't change much. It's just the cost of repair and shipping, which they hopefully accounted for.
View Quote

If you break it down to a budget, all of the teams only have a finite amount of money to spend (be it up to the limit or under). Even the most well funded teams have talked about large accidents causing development issues.

After exhausting your “repairs” allocation, you have to take the money from somewhere else.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Fair enough.  He and Mick are interchangeable in that case.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:22:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By sledhead907:

View Quote

Does China actually have racing besides this one race?  I didn’t think they supported much sports entertainment in any form.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

Does China actually have racing besides this one race?  I didn’t think they supported much sports entertainment in any form.
View Quote

No particular tradition, but they're using Zhou to make that tradition. That's the marketing angle for him. The first, and all that.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:36:50 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sledhead907:

They watch a lot of sports.

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:40:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:57:30 PM EDT
[#33]
I wonder if China gets endless news bumpers about Caitlin Clark, too.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:51:09 PM EDT
[#34]

Does China actually have racing besides this one race?  I didn't think they supported much sports entertainment in any form.
View Quote
The Asian Le Mans Series has done some races in China, but that whole series is dying.
Aside from F1, Shanghai circuit also hosts a Formula E race and a number of China-only or Asian regional touring car/GT races.

The Zhuhai circuit doesn't seem to get as much commercial events, but they do have track days and racing education courses.

And of course the Macau street circuit sees some events each year.

Not exactly the racing culture that is in the US or Europe, but it's something I guess.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:10:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
The Asian Le Mans Series has done some races in China, but that whole series is dying.
Aside from F1, Shanghai circuit also hosts a Formula E race and a number of China-only or Asian regional touring car/GT races.

The Zhuhai circuit doesn't seem to get as much commercial events, but they do have track days and racing education courses.

And of course the Macau street circuit sees some events each year.

Not exactly the racing culture that is in the US or Europe, but it's something I guess.
View Quote

WEC used to do a 6hr race there back when Chip Ganassi was running the Ford/Multimatic GT teams.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

The question is if Antonelli goes to Mercedes, who fills the second seat at Williams?

Logan could stay in the seat next year if he gets his shit together because of his commercial viability as an American but I wont hold my breath. It's the whole reason he's there in the first place.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#37]

The question is if Antonelli goes to Mercedes, who fills the second seat at Williams?

Logan could stay in the seat next year if he gets his shit together because of his commercial viability as an American but I wont hold my breath. It's the whole reason he's there in the first place.
View All Quotes

I doubt there are many sponsors who would withhold money from Williams because they don't keep a shitty American driver.  There's clearly a large audience in the U.S. now with or without Sargeant.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 4:30:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cypher214] [#38]

View All Quotes

With all the experienced drivers available after this season, I can't imagine Merc putting a total rookie in the seat behind Russell.

Yes, I quoted the same post twice.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Apparently the same publication that leaked HAM signing with Ferrari says Sainz is going to sign with Mercedes unless it's just click-bait. Perhaps this is why Toto was actually at Suzuka this past weekend when he was originally not going to be in attendance.

Now, if that happens, it's gonna be lit if Sainz beats Hamilton in a Merc next year.

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By TotalNovice:

Unless Ferrari can challenge for the constructors title. That's where the money is.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TotalNovice:

Yep. We should be pulling for some solid Ferrari upgrades to pressure for the WCC. I want Alonso to go out with a bang at Red Bull.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Antonelli needs more time in F2, imho. Even Bearman does. Let them mature.  Super subs in F1 are hard to judge; look at DeVries. Steps in at Monza, gets points, and everyone thinks he's the 2nd coming, but he wasn't, he was shite.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Roland-G23:
Apparently the same publication that leaked HAM signing with Ferrari says Sainz is going to sign with Mercedes unless it's just click-bait. Perhaps this is why Toto was actually at Suzuka this past weekend when he was originally not going to be in attendance.

Now, if that happens, it's gonna be lit if Sainz beats Hamilton in a Merc next year.

View Quote

I really hope not, I don't want to root for Mercedes.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:05:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Elmer_Fudd_Gantry] [#43]
Originally Posted By LoBrau:

View Quote

ETA: Original image link died.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:07:09 PM EDT
[#44]

https://pouch.jumpshare.com/preview/j8e1zyXWitzxVCJDRt0Mbenmzqv0GLcfykViQxxpAFFeTs6PSr1C2uKaJzwuqqbShkutod7iP70FFbj9Vv0VEZLm_yDIR8nRvLTeE5Vr0tU

You were holding onto that for the right time, weren't you?
**I know I would have.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By tifosi:

You were holding onto that for the right time, weren't you?
**I know I would have.
View Quote

Lol, indeed, that’s a bingo!
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:26:03 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

If it makes you feel any better, I haven’t seen anyone reporting/talking about it.

Alonso makes more sense on a yearly contract if they are hot on Antonelli.

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Inigo Montoya: “humiliation galore!”
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:22:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Alonso extends contract with AM.

Sainz to RB looking very possible especially if Ferrari keeps catching up to them. At the moment Sergio is a perfect #2 driver but if Ferrari gets close, Sainz will be the better driver to have.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Outside of the second seat at RBR, staying at Aston was probably his best option.

Was hoping for some excitement though.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Mars87:
Outside of the second seat at RBR, staying at Aston was probably his best option.

Was hoping for some excitement though.
View Quote

Agreed.

One of the greatest and one of my favorite drivers of all time.
Page / 78
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top