User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 78
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By deadmau5er:

Agreed.

One of the greatest and one of my favorite drivers of all time.
View Quote

Yep. We get three more seasons it looks like.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:02:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:05:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Mars87:
Outside of the second seat at RBR, staying at Aston was probably his best option.

Was hoping for some excitement though.
View Quote

I’m just glad he’s not retiring.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:14:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DCV_117:

View Quote

Easily a top 5 driver, even at his age. I may be a bit biased but I think he second only to Max.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:14:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Easily a top 5 driver, even at his age. I may be a bit biased but I think he second only to Max.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'm just glad he's not retiring.

His racecraft is from a bygone era and sometimes it is just what's needed.

One small piece of my prediction has come true, only 87 more pieces to go.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 3:48:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Sainz goes to Merc? He won’t beat HAM, the Ferrari is a much better car.

In F1 the cars are often more important than the drivers. There are better drivers than Perez but the car makes up for the difference.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Sainz to Aston, replacing Stroll ( one can hope)
Or

Sainz to Redbull replacing Perez who goes off into the sunset.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:04:30 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

Not biased, and I agree.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:08:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By chaas67:
Sainz to Aston, replacing Stroll ( one can hope)
Or

Sainz to Redbull replacing Perez who goes off into the sunset.
View Quote

Nobody is firing Perez. He has done well this season except for Australia.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

View Quote

Bro...we are 4 races in.  Perez generally doesn't self destruct till 6-10...like around Monaco...and then its all downhill from there.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:29:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By poison123:

Bro...we are 4 races in.  Perez generally doesn't self destruct till 6-10...like around Monaco...and then its all downhill from there.
View Quote

Exactly, this time last year people were saying Perez had a shot to beat Max in the championship, then Max stomped him in Miami and Perez went into a massive slump.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Elmer_Fudd_Gantry:

Exactly, this time last year people were saying Perez had a shot to beat Max in the championship, then Max stomped him in Miami and Perez went into a massive slump.
View All Quotes

I agree, plenty of time for Perez to shit the bed, Danny Ric to get his shit together, Logan to crash more, Yuki to lose his temper, etc... For whatever reason EVERYONE is forgetting how long an F1 season is. There are two races AFTER Thanksgiving this year and we're in early April.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 5:25:53 PM EDT
[#13]

I agree, plenty of time for Perez to shit the bed, Danny Ric to get his shit together, Logan to crash more, Yuki to lose his temper, etc... For whatever reason EVERYONE is forgetting how long an F1 season is. There are two races AFTER Thanksgiving this year and we're in early April.
View All Quotes

It wouldn't surprise me if Red Bull has already hired Sainz but they are keeping it quiet because RBR needs Perez to stay motivated and perform.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I think it’s more likely Sainz goes to sauber. He deserves better, but it is what it is.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 5:43:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: exDefensorMilitas] [#15]
Well, Andretti opened their new facility in Silverstone. Working on F3 and F2 entries.

I so want an FIA and FOM showdown in 2026.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Tobysi:
I think it’s more likely Sainz goes to sauber. He deserves better, but it is what it is.
View Quote

I’m worried you are right.

I’m hoping wherever he goes he ends up making Ferrari looking foolish for dumping him.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Off topic but this racing thread gets views and this is racing of sorts.

I need some help with ACC on a PS5.  If anyone has experience with it hit me up.  It's not the driving, I am trying to find my custom cars and teams that I have built but they don't seem to be visible after I put in the work on the livery.
View Quote

OMG< I'm having the same problem tonight!
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:19:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Couple of interesting things out of Joe Seward’s Green Notebook.

- The top teams are making $100 million after taxes
- Newey is already working on developing the successor to the RB17 hypercar, which is set to be cheaper and higher production.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:13:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By NH_Patriot:

OMG< I'm having the same problem tonight!
View Quote

I had to get the full track pack vs the $30 version.  Then the miraculously showed up.  HMMMM?   Grrrr.

ACC is fantastic, way better FF than GT7 or F123.  Even the AI races and doesn't want to wreck you.  

I have learned you should race at lower difficulty settings and strive to up your safety rating,  Your racing experience is much better than door bashing trying to keep up with the AI set to 90+.  I won't race online until I get my Safety Rating over 65.  That way I should get put in decent lobbies.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:28:25 AM EDT
[#20]
I have seen a few things on various social media platforms that Sainz is going to Mercedes for 2 years.  I have not seen any confirmation from the main media accounts though.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:36:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By drewptwo:
I have seen a few things on various social media platforms that Sainz is going to Mercedes for 2 years.  I have not seen any confirmation from the main media accounts though.
View Quote

Gazzetta.it is reporting it.

Often you can take it to the bank
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:39:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By drewptwo:
View Quote

Don’t make me cheer for a M/B.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Shung:

Gazzetta.it is reporting it.

Often you can take it to the bank
View Quote

I did see that there are some details to be worked out. Carlos wants 2 years with a year extension option and Merc wants 1 year with an extension option. If they are that far into discussion I'm sure it will happen.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:34:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Ohhhhh so another piece of my prediction is close to coming true.  Only 86 more moves to go!

Sainz to Merc makes the most sense.  Where else would he go unless Perez takes a giant shit this season?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:19:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Cypher214:
Ohhhhh so another piece of my prediction is close to coming true.  Only 86 more moves to go!

Sainz to Merc makes the most sense.  Where else would he go unless Perez takes a giant shit this season?
View Quote

I don’t have anything against Perez but i would love to see Sainz go to Redbull.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#26]

I don't have anything against Perez but i would love to see Sainz go to Redbull.
View All Quotes

I don't have anything against Perez but i would love to see Sainz go to Redbull.

Sounds like Merc is making a move early before RBR gets the chance.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 3:29:20 PM EDT
[#27]
If Alan Permane actually said the below, RIC is done.

The Faenza-based outfit had spare chassis scheduled to arrive in Shanghai anyway, so fitting Ricciardo with the new version is convenient. However, Permane made clear that this change will not generate any actual performance. Rather, this change is likely to give the team’s more experienced driver some peace of mind – crossing off another theory for his 2024 difficulties.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By fike:

View Quote

You never know. I forget which driver it was, but he insisted his chassis was damaged. The team inspected it thoroughly and said nope it’s good. Eventually they changed the chassis and realized the driver was correct. The chassis was damaged and his pace improved once he got the new one.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 4:03:44 PM EDT
[#29]

You never know. I forget which driver it was, but he insisted his chassis was damaged. The team inspected it thoroughly and said nope it’s good. Eventually they changed the chassis and realized the driver was correct. The chassis was damaged and his pace improved once he got the new one.

View Quote

I remember this - it happens.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 4:09:03 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

It’s an exercise is communication at this stage. Teams will go out of their way to protect the reputation and ego of a driver they value.

If you value RIC you don’t say anything at this stage beyond the standard “we will return the old chassis back to the factory and start a review”. To actually come out and say “it won’t help performance” is a huge slap and a signal of intent.

In this case and in previous cases, the truth is whatever the team wants it to be.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 4:47:06 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

That was Kimi I believe.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#32]

It’s an exercise is communication at this stage. Teams will go out of their way to protect the reputation and ego of a driver they value.

If you value RIC you don’t say anything at this stage beyond the standard “we will return the old chassis back to the factory and start a review”. To actually come out and say “it won’t help performance” is a huge slap and a signal of intent.

In this case and in previous cases, the truth is whatever the team wants it to be.
View Quote

Oh I see your point. I thought you were just saying that Ric is wrong.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:29:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chaas67] [#33]
Since we have another week before racing resumes I have a question/favor to ask of the group.

My wife has agreed to a vacation to Italy and I can coordinate it with the Pirelli Gran Premio D’Italia race for 2025.

My question is how do I go about booking tickets for a race in 2025 and when do the dates become official and what tips can you provide to make this a trip for my wife to remember.
I have a travel agent that I use for non-US trips so that will help but the F1 portion is most likely out of her wheelhouse and ideas on must sees in the area will help her help me.

I’m not a big fan of international traveling but Italy is one place that I would like to visit so this is kind of awesome.

Thanks everyone for ideas and information.

ETA - It would be awesome to meet the F1 TV crew so any ideas on how to do that would be appreciated. I know it’s weird not to want to meet the drivers but the F1TV crew is probably more my speed.  

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:48:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Since we have another week before racing resumes I have a question/favor to ask of the group.

My wife has agreed to a vacation to Italy and I can coordinate it with the Pirelli Gran Premio D’Italia race for 2025.

My question is how do I go about booking tickets for a race in 2025 and when do the dates become official and what tips can you provide to make this a trip for my wife to remember.
I have a travel agent that I use for non-US trips so that will help but the F1 portion is most likely out of her wheelhouse and ideas on must sees in the area will help her help me.

I’m not a big fan of international traveling but Italy is one place that I would like to visit so this is kind of awesome.

Thanks everyone for ideas and information.

ETA - It would be awesome to meet the F1 TV crew so any ideas on how to do that would be appreciated. I know it’s weird not to want to meet the drivers but the F1TV crew is probably more my speed.  

View Quote

The 2025 schedule came out today.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:10:53 PM EDT
[#35]

LOL - I should have checked the F1 app! Thank you for pointing that out!

Okay so I have a schedule now. Any suggestions on what package is the best bang for the buck for race weekend?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#36]

LOL - I should have checked the F1 app! Thank you for pointing that out!

Okay so I have a schedule now. Any suggestions on what package is the best bang for the buck for race weekend?
View Quote
As I've seen it (and I've only bought F1 tickets a few times) the tickets are released by the organizers, eg. the circuit.
Formula 1 doesn't really have anything to do with tickets. Of course, tickets are released to Formula 1 and any of it's
official ticket partners and agents.
In any event, *when* tickets will become available varies by the race. All depends on the organizers of that particular race.
They will also generally determine what type of tickets and/or packages are available.

Are you looking for GA tickets? One of the grand stands? Paddock access? Full blown VIP box seats with champagne and caviar?

As far as your traveling questions and going to Italy, I have lots I could say on that topic, but not much time atm.
Remind me later if you want some pointers.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
As I've seen it (and I've only bought F1 tickets a few times) the tickets are released by the organizers, eg. the circuit.
Formula 1 doesn't really have anything to do with tickets. Of course, tickets are released to Formula 1 and any of it's
official ticket partners and agents.
In any event, *when* tickets will become available varies by the race. All depends on the organizers of that particular race.
They will also generally determine what type of tickets and/or packages are available.

Are you looking for GA tickets? One of the grand stands? Paddock access? Full blown VIP box seats with champagne and caviar?

As far as your traveling questions and going to Italy, I have lots I could say on that topic, but not much time atm.
Remind me later if you want some pointers.
View Quote

Tanks @Tifosi - I’ll ping you later on the trip insight. As for the race, I’m thinking grand stands will be more our speed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:26:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Anyone been to Circuit de Catalunya and give some insight on good spots to watch?  I am in Barcelona for a wedding that Friday and am hoping to hop over for maybe Saturday only and watch some quali.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 12:47:31 AM EDT
[#39]

Mick is a reserve driver at Mercedes and he's had some time to mature since his abysmal season with Haas.  I think he'll get another chance in F1.

Also, don't forget Zhou in the list of "needs to do something else".  Kid is trash.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By not_sure:
Here's what I'd like to see happen with drivers/teams:

VCARB: I hate to say it but RIC out and Lawson takes his seat.  RIC becomes an F1 commentator/personality because he's obviously a fan favorite.  Unfortunately, he's a better TV personality than a driver at this point.  Yuki stays.

HAAS:  Bearman gets a seat, replacing Hulkenberg.  KMag gets a 1-year extension.

Williams:  Gets their shit together somehow.  Sargeant gone, Schumacher takes his place.  Albon is there through '25.

SauberStakeKick:  Zhou gone, Gasly gets his seat.  Bottas stays another year.  Their pit crew gets their shit together.  This would break up the fight between Gasly and Ocon that often ends in a crash.

Alpine:  Stops sucking ass.  Ocon gets a 1-year extension and Gasly is replaced by Doohan.   I can't imagine another driver wants to go to that team with the current shit show.

Mercedes:  Sainz to Mercedes and he's quicker than Hamilton in the Ferrari because it would be glorious.

Aston Martin:  Lance fucks off to give handjobs to his tennis coach and Drugovich takes his place.  Alonso gets an extension.

McLaren:  No change.

RBR:  Perez remains consistent this season and keeps his seat.  When he's performing well, I can't imagine a better #2 driver.

I don't see Schumacher coming back.  He had his chance and sadly, he doesn't have his father's level of talent, or even his uncle Ralph's.  

Perez needs to be more consistent.  Saintz would take that seat in a heartbeat if offered to him.  I could see Redbull wanting a better #2.

It is time for Riccardo, Sargent and Stroll to go do something else, whatever that may be.

Mick is a reserve driver at Mercedes and he's had some time to mature since his abysmal season with Haas.  I think he'll get another chance in F1.

Also, don't forget Zhou in the list of "needs to do something else".  Kid is trash.

Zhou has had decent years, but it was a while ago.  But I think Mick is done.  There are a few young up and coming drivers that would and should get a shot before Mick.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

The Faenza-based outfit had spare chassis scheduled to arrive in Shanghai anyway, so fitting Ricciardo with the new version is convenient. However, Permane made clear that this change will not generate any actual performance. Rather, this change is likely to give the team’s more experienced driver some peace of mind – crossing off another theory for his 2024 difficulties.

He'll leave F1 by the end of this season at this rate and become an F1TV personality.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#41]

He'll leave F1 by the end of this season at this rate and become an F1TV personality.
View All Quotes

He is clearly planning ahead and taking some communication lessons.  He has cut out a ton of the "I mean, like, you know, like" crap.  In the past, I found him insufferable, but he is better this year in the interviews.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:24:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Ya know, it just dawned on me that Australia will be the opening race again. That's refreshing.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:35:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By PossumKing:

He is clearly planning ahead and taking some communication lessons.  He has cut out a ton of the "I mean, like, you know, like" crap.  In the past, I found him insufferable, but he is better this year in the interviews.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PossumKing:

At least he improved something...

m
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:43:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Ya know, it just dawned on me that Australia will be the opening race again. That's refreshing.
View All Quotes

It’s a switch due to Ramadan. I’m not sure it will stay that way.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:09:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By racerpk11:
Anyone been to Circuit de Catalunya and give some insight on good spots to watch?  I am in Barcelona for a wedding that Friday and am hoping to hop over for maybe Saturday only and watch some quali.
View Quote

It was one of the first of the 'new' circuits. Very fan friendly. Pretty much anywhere is good.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:07:41 PM EDT
[#46]
It appears there will two stages of parc ferme this weekend.

First sprint race of the year at a track they haven’t raced at in years.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:27:51 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

I put him in 3rd.

In a competitive car, Leclerc will make Max's life more difficult although Max will win on a pure skill point of view.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Perez's true colors start to shine on real circuits. Has a lot of issues setting up the car properly and makes a ton of mistakes. His performance in Suzuka was very impressive and there's a chance he may surprise us this season but I'm skeptical.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#49]

Perez's true colors start to shine on real circuits. Has a lot of issues setting up the car properly and makes a ton of mistakes. His performance in Suzuka was very impressive and there's a chance he may surprise us this season but I'm skeptical.
View All Quotes

Perez stopped chasing his own setup this year and is using Max’s.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:32:44 PM EDT
[#50]

Perez stopped chasing his own setup this year and is using Max’s.
View Quote

Realistically, that's the best move but Perez will always underperform because he likes understeery setups more.
Page / 78
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top