Originally Posted By Weirding_Module:

Nicely called.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By chaas67:
In reference to Perez, it appears to my unprofessional, armchair qb on Monday eyes that he struggles moving through and passing traffic consistently.

When i watch some of the other drivers; Sainz, Fernando, Norris, it appears Perez lacks the same  confidence to get in there and make a move consistently.

Just one man's opinion - thoughts?

At least he isn't at the other end of the spectrum and like Stroll.    ( if he was he wouldn't be on the team)
View Quote
I agree. I think you hit it on the head.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:06:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: anesvick] [#3]
Originally Posted By sgthatred:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
In reference to Perez, it appears to my unprofessional, armchair qb on Monday eyes that he struggles moving through and passing traffic consistently.

When i watch some of the other drivers; Sainz, Fernando, Norris, it appears Perez lacks the same  confidence to get in there and make a move consistently.

At least he isn't at the other end of the spectrum and like Stroll.    ( if he was he wouldn't be on the team)
I agree as well, common trait though, Hamilton, Rosberg, Vettel, Schumacher... All had/have issues with traffic.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:30:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sledhead907] [#4]

Just one man’s opinion - thoughts?

At least he isn’t at the other end of the spectrum and like Stroll. 🤪 ( if he was he wouldn’t be on the team)
View Quote

Perez has pulled off some badass moves/passes; he can be a stellar driver when the need arises. But, on the whole, I agree.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:25:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:47:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Blue livery for Ferrari in Miami

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:02:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By DCV_117:

View Quote

That’s bullshit. A Blue Ferrari?  WTF
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:09:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

That's bullshit. A Blue Ferrari?  WTF
View All Quotes

That's bullshit. A Blue Ferrari?  WTF
It needs to be black, and the racing suit needs to be white with pastel blue on the chest like Sonny Crockett.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:20:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Deadtired:
It needs to be black, and the racing suit needs to be white with pastel blue on the chest like Sonny Crockett.
View Quote

Would be better than blue.

The Test in the show was white IIRC.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:34:03 AM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

Why is it bullshit?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

What significance does blue have with Ferrari and the US market?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:41:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cypher214] [#12]
Originally Posted By fredegar:

View All Quotes

Right from the linked article:

In 1964, this breakthrough was marked with a special US white and blue livery, which featured in the final two races of that season. The cars ran in the North American Racing Team colours as part of a protest, by order of Enzo Ferrari.
The former colour, Azzurro La Plata, is a light shade of blue and is the national racing colour of Argentina. It is also a similar shade to that worn by two-time champion Alberto Ascari, with the Italian often wearing a jersey in the colour as well as a matching helmet.
Further Ferrari connections to this colour comes through the racing overalls of the 1960s, with the likes of John Surtees and Chris Amon racing in blue, as did Niki Lauda in his maiden season with the team.

The good news is Williams and VCARB won't be running high enough in the order to be confused with the Ferraris.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:46:03 AM EDT
[#13]
F1 Song Review - China #shorts #formula1
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:46:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mblades] [#14]
Busy weekend so I just now caught up. Two takeaways.

#1. I like the sprint format better than years past, I also like having sprint weekends sprinkled into the calendar, not something I’d want every race but it’s a nice change. Anything to reduce the amount of data for teams to capture makes for better racing.

#2. Nico Rosberg is a fucking treasure. I wish he’d do commentary every race, not only is he far and away the most knowledgeable commentator but he calls out Crofty on the stupid shit he says.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes

Checo is also terrible at qualifying.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:03:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

#1. I like the sprint format better than years past, I also like having sprint weekends sprinkled into the calendar, not something I’d want every race but it’s a nice change. Anything to reduce the amount of data for teams to capture makes for better racing.

#2. Nico Rosberg is a fucking treasure. I wish he’d do commentary every race, not only is he far and away the most knowledgeable commentator but he calls out Crofty on the stupid shit he says.
View Quote

I agree with both statements.  I would like to see the sprint race weekends on tracks that are newer or recently changed.  The lack of data the teams get makes the races more interesting and you get to see some creative strategy calls.

Rosberg is the best.  He isn't afraid to call out anyone including drivers doing stupid stuff.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:05:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SemperGumbi] [#17]

View Quote

Nobody cares about the Testarossa. The Daytona Spider in the first season was so much hotter and it was black. It was far sexier even though it was a replica!

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:31:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Whole lot of blue going on in the US this year.

Max’s helmet for all three US races.

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:42:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By drewptwo:

I agree with both statements.  I would like to see the sprint race weekends on tracks that are newer or recently changed.  The lack of data the teams get makes the races more interesting and you get to see some creative strategy calls.

Rosberg is the best.  He isn't afraid to call out anyone including drivers doing stupid stuff.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By drewptwo:

I like when the strategy isn’t a forgone conclusion, this tire then at this lap change to this tire. Or when the announcers talk to a team principal 8 laps into the race and ask “do you think a podium is in the cards for you today?” And the answer is “No, we’re going to finish 6th, 4 seconds behind Lando.” Then that’s exactly what happens.

I get you want the fans to see the cars on track as much as possible over the weekend but 3 practice sessions is too much. Especially when they have all that time from Friday to Sunday afternoon to run endless simulations.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

The good news is Williams and VCARB won't be running high enough in the order to be confused with the Ferraris.
View All Quotes

In 1964, this breakthrough was marked with a special US white and blue livery, which featured in the final two races of that season. The cars ran in the North American Racing Team colours as part of a protest, by order of Enzo Ferrari.
The former colour, Azzurro La Plata, is a light shade of blue and is the national racing colour of Argentina. It is also a similar shade to that worn by two-time champion Alberto Ascari, with the Italian often wearing a jersey in the colour as well as a matching helmet.
Further Ferrari connections to this colour comes through the racing overalls of the 1960s, with the likes of John Surtees and Chris Amon racing in blue, as did Niki Lauda in his maiden season with the team.

It'll be confusing when they lap the Alpines though
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:45:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
Considering he is the first ever Chinese F1 driver in history, in his first ever home race, I give the theatrics a bit of a pass.
I thought it was a decent gesture, considering the above.
View Quote

Agreed. Only a plus for the sport to grow in a country with nearly 1.5 Billion people.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:47:53 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Nico Rosberg was great.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:48:53 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
Yeah but the Corvette with the Daytona body kit was a: open-topped b: black, and c: better-looking than the Testarossa.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#24]
The "Daytona" blew up at the end, so yeah....
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:03:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Nico Rosberg was great.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Nico Rosberg was great.

His commentary on the Stroll crash was brutal. I enjoyed listening to him. I think he is doing a better job this year than before. I hope he keeps coming back.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:17:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah but the Corvette with the Daytona body kit was a: open-topped b: black, and c: better-looking than the Testarossa.
View Quote

Fake
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:49:24 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

For some reason Rosberg has always rubbed me the wrong way, but I cannot disagree that he's turned into a great commentator. He's the F1 equivalent to CBS adding Tony Romo to NFL coverage.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:51:37 PM EDT
[#28]

Fake
View All Quotes

Fake

An interesting point of order. Over 100 of the real Daytona convertibles were not factory convertibles.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Plumber576:

For some reason Rosberg has always rubbed me the wrong way, but I cannot disagree that he's turned into a great commentator. He's the F1 equivalent to CBS adding Tony Romo to NFL coverage.
View All Quotes

He definitely has a fake public schtick that I find particularly cringe worthy and annoying. He brought that over from his now abandoned YouTube influencer push.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:22:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#30]
Originally Posted By fike:

An interesting point of order. Over 100 of the real Daytona convertibles were not factory convertibles.
View Quote

It was a Corvette C3 with a body kit. The Test was real and they had 2 of them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#31]

He definitely has a fake public schtick that I find particularly cringe worthy and annoying. He brought that over from his now abandoned YouTube influencer push.
View All Quotes

Every commentator has a schrick, it comes with the territory. What I like is his knowledge of the sport, he has first had experience with many of the drivers and people involved in the teams and grew up in the sport. His recall is pretty amazing too.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:12:08 PM EDT
[#32]

Every commentator has a schrick, it comes with the territory. What I like is his knowledge of the sport, he has first had experience with many of the drivers and people involved in the teams and grew up in the sport. His recall is pretty amazing too.
View All Quotes

That’s pretty much why it bothers me. He has been around the block and knows the business, flow, function, processes, etc. of F1 racing but his public persona has always been “Oh my god, guys! Can you believe it! We are in the F1 pits! This is amazing!” To be fair, he has toned it down a bit, but the fake presentation is still there.

Would Vettel, Hamilton, or Verstappen be involved in stuff like this?

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 4:00:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tifosi] [#33]

View All Quotes

I hope they run a tribute Surtees/NART livery, complete with powder blue wheels.  

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Leaked Mclaren hat for Monaco is in late 80s early 90s livery. Are Mclaren bringing it back as a throw back livery?

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Leaked Mclaren hat for Monaco is in late 80s early 90s livery. Are Mclaren bringing it back as a throw back livery?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GL3kkUiXQAAB-Zu?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Ohhh neat!
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#36]
My son got me a Ferrari shirt of the F1 store.  It is taking forever because it was backordered for this year's sponsors etc.  It was shipped a few days ago.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Does it count as a throwback if I can't purchase it with Marlboro Miles?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Am I the only one who hates the engine note of the current V6?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:49:25 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

No. Especially when we all know what an F1 car should sound like.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:02:14 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Not my favorite but the tech and performance is cool.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:04:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Spartan16:

No. Especially when we all know what an F1 car should sound like.
View Quote

Yeah, it just sounds like Lewis, whining all the time.  I lived in Germany in the 90s.  I remember the cars sounding down right evil back then.  The F1 cars had hokey grooved tires also.  That was really strange.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:06:03 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

That should be the only way to get it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:26:06 AM EDT
[#43]

Perez has had a 5th place finish in a damaged car, a 3rd place podium yesterday, and finished 2nd in every other race.  He hardly has a "lack of pace" and missing out on 2nd was more due to strategy and the safety car than Checo's driving.  Lando nursed those tires better than anyone expected.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/perez-f1-safety-car-meant-it-was-game-over-for-second-place-in-china/10602076/
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By not_sure:
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:
Didn't really see this possibility coming, but it does make sense.

Sainz to Red Bull on a 2-3 year deal, Perez to MB on a 1 year deal.

We shall see.

That makes zero sense.  Perez is doing exactly what Red Bull pays him to do.  Be a solid second in the points while not making VER look bad.

He came in 3rd today while driving what is clearly the fastest car on the grid.  If things were closer, that lack of pace could put the constructors championship in jeopardy, say in 2026 when the formula changes.

Perez has had a 5th place finish in a damaged car, a 3rd place podium yesterday, and finished 2nd in every other race.  He hardly has a "lack of pace" and missing out on 2nd was more due to strategy and the safety car than Checo's driving.  Lando nursed those tires better than anyone expected.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/perez-f1-safety-car-meant-it-was-game-over-for-second-place-in-china/10602076/

Shall we compare his pace to his teammates?  Max is good, but he isn't that good. That sort of delta doesn't normally exist in F1 and certainly not for long.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:35:31 AM EDT
[#44]

Shall we compare his pace to his teammates?  Max is good, but he isn't that good. That sort of delta doesn't normally exist in F1 and certainly not for long.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:
Didn't really see this possibility coming, but it does make sense.

Sainz to Red Bull on a 2-3 year deal, Perez to MB on a 1 year deal.

We shall see.

That makes zero sense.  Perez is doing exactly what Red Bull pays him to do.  Be a solid second in the points while not making VER look bad.

He came in 3rd today while driving what is clearly the fastest car on the grid.  If things were closer, that lack of pace could put the constructors championship in jeopardy, say in 2026 when the formula changes.

Perez is trash, the car is that good. Easily 10 guys on the grid that could do as good or better, probably 15. He almost didn’t make it out of Q1 last weekend for god’s sake.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:48:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#45]
Ferrari blue with retro style.

Some history from Ferrari and a look at the racing suits, etc.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:13:18 AM EDT
[#46]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GL6vO_uWoAAkVT_.jpg
View Quote

That video gave off gay porno vibes.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:35:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By CanaryCamaro:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CanaryCamaro:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GL6vO_uWoAAkVT_.jpg

I didn’t pick up on that. Thanks for letting us know.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:41:23 AM EDT
[#48]
This seams to be a leak of the new Ferrari livery (maybe?).

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:39:21 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

That's a 250 LM livery (which people are expecting) but they didn't do powder blue wheels.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:31:20 AM EDT
[#50]

That's a 250 LM livery (which people are expecting) but they didn't do powder blue wheels.
View All Quotes

The British 296 GTB press car featured powder blue wheels on a heritage color way and it didn’t go over well. They still might be gun shy from that experience.

Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top