Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 84
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:40:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fike:

The British 296 GTB press car featured powder blue wheels on a heritage color way and it didn’t go over well. They still might be gun shy from that experience.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/sites/autocar.co.uk/files/styles/body-image/public/ferrari-296-gtb-2022-031-static-front.jpg
View Quote

woof
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:58:42 AM EDT
[#2]

The British 296 GTB press car featured powder blue wheels on a heritage color way and it didn’t go over well. They still might be gun shy from that experience.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/sites/autocar.co.uk/files/styles/body-image/public/ferrari-296-gtb-2022-031-static-front.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DCV_117:
This seams to be a leak of the new Ferrari livery (maybe?).

That's a 250 LM livery (which people are expecting) but they didn't do powder blue wheels.

Yeah but that looks like shit.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:02:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#3]
In other Ferrari news…

The official team name is now Scuderia Ferrari HP.

Pay no attention to the fact that HP’s corporate colors are blue and white….

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:11:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Has HP changed their shade of blue?

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:19:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Spartan16:
Has HP changed their shade of blue?

https://www.f1-fansite.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/fra-01-06-07-03-1024.jpg
View Quote

Yes.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I like the way McLaren used to do this; they would not have clashing colors and would change the logos instead. The blue oval did not last long under Ronzo. I think the only exception was the Shell logo. Everything else was black on white or white on red.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:37:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fredegar] [#7]
In other Ferrari news…

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GL7okpRWMAAzNsw.jpg
View Quote

Gotta love the redundant HP logo on the race suit. I get other teams do this but this the clashing colors make it looks a bit too much on the nose.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:01:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By fredegar:

Gotta love the redundant HP logo on the race suit. I get other teams do this but this the clashing colors make it looks a bit too much on the nose.
View Quote

Yeah that HP logo does not look good on there at all...
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#9]
A bit of a gem on YouTube I have not seen since the broadcast in late '93 - an excellent documentary of McLaren's final season with Ayrton Senna (although they did not know this at the time the film was commissioned).
The first episode picks up at Estoril with Hakkinen's debut (he outqualified Senna...), and the news that Ayrton is leaving for Williams. Well worth your time.

The Team - A Season With McLaren - Episode 1 - A Man For All Seasons - 1080p 50FPS Upscale
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:58:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#10]

Now Scuderia Ferrari HP can print some good updates blueprints and strategies

I feel so much better
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:59:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Shung:

I feel so much better
View Quote

But only using ink purchased directly from them. Otherwise they will brick their devices. I hate HP.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SemperGumbi:

Yeah that HP logo does not look good on there at all...
View Quote

I think that’s just a photoshop.

They are talking having it on the back on the next week end
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:01:25 AM EDT
[#13]

I feel so much better
View Quote

"We are printing"
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Esterhase:

"We are printing"
View All Quotes

I feel so much better

"We are printing"

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:01:39 PM EDT
[#15]
In other Ferrari news…

View Quote

Will the car shut down and brick itself if the team doesn't use proprietary fuel or tires?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:02:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

But only using ink purchased directly from them. Otherwise they will brick their devices. I hate HP.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

I feel so much better

Beat:
Nailed it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#17]
This is a well put together video about our favorite turd of a driver:

How Bad is Lance Stroll Really?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:07:16 PM EDT
[#18]
How many penalty points does the ‘tard need before he’s booted from F1 permanently?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:49:04 PM EDT
[#19]

The British 296 GTB press car featured powder blue wheels on a heritage color way and it didn't go over well. They still might be gun shy from that experience.

View All Quotes
This seams to be a leak of the new Ferrari livery (maybe?).

That's a 250 LM livery (which people are expecting) but they didn't do powder blue wheels.

The British 296 GTB press car featured powder blue wheels on a heritage color way and it didn't go over well. They still might be gun shy from that experience.

Well, the 250 LM livery that is inspired from had wire wheels, so it would have been better if they just stuck
with some polished aluminum wheels or something.

I think on a NART inspired white/blue livery, powder blue would look pretty sick. But Ferrari will find some way to make it gay AF.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By flyhack72:

Will the car shut down and brick itself if the team doesn't use proprietary fuel or tires?
View Quote
Will it also report "fuel empty" when it still has 20% remaining?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:06:27 PM EDT
[#21]
worth posting/reposting

Alonso's superhuman save and superhuman reaction time
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Checo’s dad is a funny guy.

"Checo will be very well for the rest of his life, he will have ten more years in F1"

"Checo has many scenarios and is the most sought-after driver in F1 today, above all, he is the one with the most sponsors, more than Max and Hamilton combined"

"Companies all over the world turn to him, the best promoter of anything in the world is Sergio Pérez. There is never any of his merchandising left because it always sells out quickly"
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Tobysi:

View All Quotes

"Checo will be very well for the rest of his life, he will have ten more years in F1"

"Checo has many scenarios and is the most sought-after driver in F1 today, above all, he is the one with the most sponsors, more than Max and Hamilton combined"

"Companies all over the world turn to him, the best promoter of anything in the world is Sergio Pérez. There is never any of his merchandising left because it always sells out quickly"

He is smarter than Stroll's dad.  BTW, Perez is a star in Mexico and they buy lots of shit with money sent home from the US.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:31:45 PM EDT
[#24]
worth posting/reposting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwoeWrOzq3I
View Quote

Extremely impressive.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:02:01 AM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

This is the area of F1 that i hear dribs and drabs of but don’t have a  clue of the scope.

The little I’ve gathered is that along with the skill of the driver it’s what sponsorships they can bring to the team as well?  Do the sponsorships really follow the driver versus the team, seems strange to me.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:45:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#26]
Originally Posted By chaas67:

This is the area of F1 that i hear dribs and drabs of but don’t have a  clue of the scope.

The little I’ve gathered is that along with the skill of the driver it’s what sponsorships they can bring to the team as well?  Do the sponsorships really follow the driver versus the team, seems strange to me.

View Quote

I think it is one of those “it depends”

A company may follow the driver if they go after individual sales while others are more corporate targeting.

The corporate targets stay with the team.

I noticed the NASCAR sponsors are garbage small time companies.

Also in years past F1 sponsors were often bogus companies. I read some strange articles about it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:51:37 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

It is a bit of everything, really.

In the below list for Red Bull, Sergio is directly tied to Telcel, Claro, and Inter.mx (and probably Patron). Those companies would follow him to another team if he were to move. They are Mexican companies, he is the Mexican driver (from a pure marketing perspective), but it can also be based on just simple patronage from owners or just wealthy individuals (Carlos Slim in Sergio’s case for most of his career).

But….to keep things in perspective of value, the budget cap is +/- $140 million. Between Oracle ($100 million per year) and their 2023 prize money ($140 million), the team is sitting rather pretty.

So..when Mr. Perez starts talking about sponsorship opportunities, he is speaking to teams like Williams or Haas who don’t have high dollar title sponsors.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#28]

Formula 1® has today announced the “Formula 1 Channel”, a 24/7, subscription-free streaming channel for fans in the USA to watch F1, F2, F3 and F1 Academy race replays and highlights, full reruns of classic Grands Prix, and popular racing documentaries.

The new channel launching in the USA ahead of the FORMULA 1 CRYPTO.COM MIAMI GRAND PRIX 2024, will be operated by partner C15 Studio and distributed for fans to watch via leading services including Samsung TV Plus, Amazon Freevee, and Pluto TV.

Viewers will be able to tune into pre-scheduled programming of classic Grands Prix and popular documentaries and relive the drama and excitement of the previous race weekends, with replays, detailed highlights, and expert analysis of the current F1, F2, F3 and F1 ACADEMY seasons (available to watch five days after the Grands Prix).

Demand for Formula 1 in the USA is at an all-time high, with a fanbase of over 42m and television audiences at record numbers. Following a recent growth of FAST Channels in the USA, the launch of the Formula 1 Channel reflects the latest television trends amongst fans in the USA.    

The Formula 1 Channel becomes the latest addition to F1’s broad portfolio of programming currently available for fans in the USA, supporting the core live offerings from ESPN and F1’s own direct to consumer streaming service, F1 TV.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Taking this with a grain of salt

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:35:57 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Yeah….if you read the article, it doesn’t even state what is mentioned in the tweet and is all based on rumors.

Saw this posted in response:

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:40:01 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Wasn’t he spotted in Bologna recently ;)
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:46:54 AM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Formula 1® has today announced the “Formula 1 Channel”, a 24/7, subscription-free streaming channel for fans in the USA to watch F1, F2, F3 and F1 Academy race replays and highlights, full reruns of classic Grands Prix, and popular racing documentaries.

The new channel launching in the USA ahead of the FORMULA 1 CRYPTO.COM MIAMI GRAND PRIX 2024, will be operated by partner C15 Studio and distributed for fans to watch via leading services including Samsung TV Plus, Amazon Freevee, and Pluto TV.

Viewers will be able to tune into pre-scheduled programming of classic Grands Prix and popular documentaries and relive the drama and excitement of the previous race weekends, with replays, detailed highlights, and expert analysis of the current F1, F2, F3 and F1 ACADEMY seasons (available to watch five days after the Grands Prix).

Demand for Formula 1 in the USA is at an all-time high, with a fanbase of over 42m and television audiences at record numbers. Following a recent growth of FAST Channels in the USA, the launch of the Formula 1 Channel reflects the latest television trends amongst fans in the USA.    

The Formula 1 Channel becomes the latest addition to F1’s broad portfolio of programming currently available for fans in the USA, supporting the core live offerings from ESPN and F1’s own direct to consumer streaming service, F1 TV.

Sounds just like my F1TV subscription. 🧐
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:48:08 AM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Which was also first “reported” by AMuS in the form of a clickbait/hype post and article.

Of course, it turned out to be something completely different.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

F1TV is on demand and commercial free.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:51:15 AM EDT
[#35]

Which was also first “reported” by AMuS in the form of a clickbait/hype post and article.

View Quote

We have seen crazier things happen recently lol
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:06:56 AM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Yeah, I wouldn’t be shocked with anything, but that is also the mantra that feeds the business of sensationalism.

If somebody bothered to keep score, it would be rather embarrassing for both producers and consumers.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:09:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Andrew Benson/BBC is now stating the same about Newey.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:21:38 AM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

The key word I missed was subscription free.

Won’t be getting rid of it in any case.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:30:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Esterhase] [#39]
I do not believe for a minute Newey is going to go anywhere. He has nothing to prove, and his employment at RBR was largely due to the flexible environment and autonomy he was offered. This was the pitch from Mateschitz and Horner, that's how they got him, and that's how Horner will keep him.

He goes to Ferrari he's just another employee. I am also unconvinced he needs or wants to relocate.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:39:25 AM EDT
[#40]
I do not believe for a minute Newey is going to go anywhere. He has nothing to prove, and his employment at RBR was largely due to the flexible environment and autonomy he was offered. This was the pitch from Mateschitz and Horner, that's how they got him, and that's how Horner will keep him.

He goes to Ferrari he's just another employee. I am also unconvinced he needs or wants to relocate.
View Quote
Last time I heard rumors about Newey at Ferrari (this was some years ago), it was his wife that didn't want
to live in Italy.

I'd gladly volunteer to be his "man servant" if he needs someone to keep the place clean and the plants
watered.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#41]
In other Ferrari news

Pay no attention to the fact that HP's corporate colors are blue and white .

View Quote
Red, white, and blue???
The Americanization has begun.

Next year y'all are gonna drop Hamilton for Sargeant.

2 years after that, the conversion will be complete.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:31:37 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Nah. He would go to Ferrari as the savior.

He wins there he cement his legend forever.

Not that he isn’t already one. But he would increase it by 2 folds. Just like Schumacher
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:35:24 PM EDT
[#43]
At this point, it is going to be really awkward (for the press) if Newey isn’t leaving.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:36:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Bet he goes to Aston anyway
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:37:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: flyhack72] [#45]

View Quote

BBC has confirmed it.  They have connections with Newey and his team.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:47:02 PM EDT
[#46]
John, i fucking hope you offered him at least twice the amount you gave to the fagmilton ! If not go to hell !
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Yeah it's everywhere now.

Ferrari needs to send every dollar of that HP check directly to Newey
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:49:47 PM EDT
[#48]

Yeah it's everywhere now.

Ferrari needs to send every dollar of that HP check directly to Newey
View Quote

Send Hamilton money too. « We » can race with only one car too :)
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:56:41 PM EDT
[#49]
He’ll retire and go design America’s cup yachts.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:57:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By SemperGumbi:
This is a well put together video about our favorite turd of a driver:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4j-NgXTpaE
View Quote

Speaking of turds he’s got the same number of career wins and poles as Lando

Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top