Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 97
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fike:

Yeah….he should have come out of the pits probably around 3rd or 4th, but he was always going to have an advantage.
View Quote

And if you go back in the thread I called it. The last drivers on track after the first series of pit stop were undercut already anyway and were staying in longer hoping for that providential safety car.

Piastri and sainz got fucked for just 1 laps ;)
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
One anthem since both driver and team are from the same country.

Anyone want to find out when that last happened? I assume it was when Lewis was with McLaren?
View Quote

Rosberg mercedes is my guess
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:10:00 PM EDT
[#3]
The RPM video is going to be great.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Orange man picked the right GP

It’s a sign !
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:16:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Shung:

Didn’t know they where that wealthy
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By flyhack72:

Like I said earlier:

They paid $44 million.

First he was a sim driver.  Then he was a reserve.  Apparently that cost the Norris family around $8 million dollars.

His dad paid $12 million a year for three years to get him a seat in the big show.

His dad has $200m.

I think McLaren ended up paying back the $44m recently
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Someone needs to tell Ruth on F1TV to put the damn card down!

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:18:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By flyhack72:

His dad has $200m.

I think McLaren ended up paying back the $44m recently
View Quote

Ok. Well, that certainly helps.

I thought he was a gifted sim racer that made it on pure talent.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By chaas67:

View Quote

Is that the new commentator on F1TV that used to be a stategist for one of the teams? If so she is terrible. Just bad obvious commentary delivererd in a know it all fashion.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SemperGumbi:

Is that the new commentator on F1TV that used to be a stategist for one of the teams? If so she is terrible. Just bad obvious commentary delivererd in a know it all fashion.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SemperGumbi:
Originally Posted By chaas67:

It is. I hope they aren’t looking to replace Laura.  My wife isn’t liking Ruth either and surprisingly thought the F1 academy was boring and not worth watching. 😜
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:34:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By poison123:

Bro....no they weren't.

That safety car fucked Max's tires with heat cycles.
View Quote

LOL

Guess what, the safety car is part of racing.  No excuses.  

I am a tifosi and even I saw Lando driving away and Oscar setting the fastest lap.  Based on recent performances, Max should have easily chased Lando down.  He didn't, in fact Lando drove away while Oscar ended up setting the fastest lap of the race.  

Lando had a great break with the box under the SC, and then turned it into a drive away win.  That's racing.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By willi3d:

Trump can’t even spell McLaren, much less know their drivers or anything about the team.  Just a cheap photo op.
View Quote

Well Zak Brown was born in California so he is American.  I don't know if another team has an American in a leadership role.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TotalNovice:

Let them. Lando deserves it.

View Quote

This

Red Bull has no grounds to complain.  Racing is racing.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

LOL

I am a tifosi and even I saw Lando driving away and Oscar setting the fastest lap.  Based on recent performances, Max should have easily chased Lando down.  He didn't, in fact Lando drove away while Oscar ended up setting the fastest lap of the race.  

Lando had a great break with the box under the SC, and then turned it into a drive away win.  That's racing.
View Quote

Are you not understanding the why here....I feel like you've got no clue what your talking about here but whatever.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:47:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#14]

LOL

View Quote

Of course. Nobody is discussing the legitimacy of his win. Just the explanation is more complicated than : the McLaren crushed everyone on pure performance

Lando had tires that didn’t go through repeated heating up and cooling down cycles and that were 6 laps fresher…. While piastre had brand new mediums….

It’s really that’s simple
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:47:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By D_J:
The safety car was fucked up, but VER was not going to catch and pass NOR _and_ stay ahead even if he’d gotten an early pass with DRS. The RBR car was just not happy this weekend, and even less so on the hard tires.
View Quote

This.  

All this whining about the safety car.  There was a crash and a busted car that had to be cleared, Logan yet again involved.  Cards played into Lando's hands, he had a fast car as did his teammate.  MAX NEVER gained on Lando.  Max, 2 weeks ago could have chased down any car in the race in the amount of time the second half of the race played out.

Heat cycles?  Yep, but that is part of racing and no reason to cry about it.

I was bummed that Carlos didn't do better but both Ferraris put on a good race.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:48:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#16]

This

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TotalNovice:

Let them. Lando deserves it.

This

Explain what happened.

The cards, as you mention above.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#17]

This.  

All this whining about the safety car.  There was a crash and a busted car that had to be cleared, Logan yet again involved.  Cards played into Lando's hands, he had a fast car as did his teammate.  MAX NEVER gained on Lando.  Max, 2 weeks ago could have chased down any car in the race in the amount of time the second half of the race played out.

View Quote

I for one am not complaining about anything. I’m just trying to be more rationale than the tv guys “the McLaren upgrades made it a rocket ship”
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:56:19 PM EDT
[#18]
LAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNDOOOOOOOOOO!
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:00:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Having trouble processing that Lando and McLaren won today.

Wish I was in Miami to bathe in this glory.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I dislike how this thread devolves into stick and ball style shit slinging more and more each year. Can’t you dudes just let shit go? At this rate, I won’t be able to see anyone’s posts in a year or two
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:04:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#21]

Explain what happened.

View Quote

Simple, McLaren delayed their pits.  The others didn't, the SAR crash happened as always which allowed Lando to box without the position loss.  Max boxed just prior, yep he had heat cycles.  Oh  well.  That is racing.

With that, Max never gained on Lando.  The safety car was a homer for Lando and he won the race fair and square.  His car was setting fast laps from the start as was Oscar's.  Red Bull was not the overwhelming dominant team we have seen for 2 seasons.  Some was luck, some, maybe a ton of it was the McLaren cars were set up to race.  

I pay attention to the statistics, closure/extensions per lap etc and form my opinion on that.

Not arguing about it anymore.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#22]

This.  

View Quote

I think you are missing that the safety car came out in front of Max instead of Lando, gifting Lando the free stop. If it had come out correctly, Lando is in like 4th at the restart. Max was 11 seconds back from Lando. 30ish seconds when Lando did his stop after it went full course.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:09:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By monkeypunch:

I think you are missing that the safety car came out in front of Max instead of Lando, gifting Lando the free stop. If it had come out correctly, Lando is in like 4th at the restart. Max was 11 seconds back from Lando. 30ish seconds when Lando did his stop after it went full course.
View Quote

He really doesn't get it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:11:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Simple, McLaren delayed their pits.  The others didn't, the SAR crash happened as always which allowed Lando to box without the position loss.  Max boxed just prior, yep he had heat cycles.  Oh  well.  That is racing.

With that, Max never gained on Lando.  The safety car was a homer for Lando and he won the race fair and square.  His car was setting fast laps from the start as was Oscar's.  Red Bull was not the overwhelming dominant team we have seen for 2 seasons.  Some was luck, some, maybe a ton of it was the McLaren cars were set up to race.  

I pay attention to the statistics, closure/extensions per lap etc and form my opinion on that.

View Quote

And again where was Mclaren during the sprint the day before?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:13:42 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Explain what happened.

Not arguing. Good win for Lando, but after going back and looking at everything, he got extremely lucky.

The safety car picked up everyone but Lando. Probably debatable as to “why” , but those are the cards as you mentioned.

If the SC picks up Lando, he’s at the back of the field after pitting.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:24:48 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

I think tbe F1 photog, Kym Illman said in one of his videos that Lando's dad is one of the wealthiest men in Britain.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:25:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Plumber576:
Having trouble processing that Lando and McLaren won today.

Wish I was in Miami to bathe in this glory.
View Quote
My son, who is a YUUUGE McLaren/Lando fan, had plans to go down there this weekend,
but canceled to work a job.
He's been waiting for this first win.

He did watch it with us though. He was on the edge of the couch, tapping his foot, for a good 20 laps.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Berettadeprived:

I think tbe F1 photog, Kym Illman said in one of his videos that Lando's dad is one of the wealthiest men in Britain.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Berettadeprived:

Adam Norris, Lando’s father, ranked as the 610th richest person in Britain as per the Sunday Times’ annual Rich List in 2022, with a net worth of £200m.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:31:26 PM EDT
[#29]

LOL

View Quote

Why did the safety car pick up Max though? The safety car is supposed to pick up the leader I thought?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:31:37 PM EDT
[#30]
This is going to fry brains on X.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:32:49 PM EDT
[#31]

This.  

View Quote

Yea but if the safety car had picked up Lando he would have to have come from several places back which is much harder. Why didn't the safety car pick up Lando?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote
Level up Lando.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By OHBuckeyes:

Yea but if the safety car had picked up Lando he would have to have come from several places back which is much harder. Why didn't the safety car pick up Lando?
View Quote
Track position. When the SC was called, Lando was a good 3/4 of a lap from the pits.
The SC can't anticipate a teams strategy calls. When the Race Director pushes that button, they go. Yes, Lady Luck was a bit
on their side today, but that's racing. He was still lapping faster than Max after the SC, fact.

I'll admit, I thought Max would gobble him up, but that's not what happened.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Video of the congratulations, MBS was there was well.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:47:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Big Congrats to Lando! Enjoyed the race even though RB and Max caught a tough break. Lord knows I've heard enough griping when the breaks go their way I'm sure not going to complain. Max with nothing but positive things to say about Lando's win and he and Charles were genuinely thrilled for their bud to get the win finally. Was an enjoyable post race interview all around.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:49:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OHBuckeyes] [#36]
Track position. When the SC was called, Lando was a good 3/4 of a lap from the pits.
The SC can't anticipate a teams strategy calls. When the Race Director pushes that button, they go. Yes, Lady Luck was a bit
on their side today, but that's racing. He was still lapping faster than Max after the SC, fact.

View Quote

I don't think that's true. You really think it is a coincidence that every other time it picks up the leader (Max). The only other time I could find it picked up Russell when he wasn't leading but it looks like that was also a mistake.

If it comes out in front of someone besides the leader he is supposed to wave them by.

Lapping faster and passing are two completely different things. Lando couldn't even get by Perez earlier even though he was faster, he was going to get by Max?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Max said after the Sprint or Qualifying that every year it has been difficult to get the tires and setup optimized. With this race being a sprint weekend, they never had a practice session at the representative time of day as the GP. He wasn't able to put in a big gap like previous races in his first stint. I don't think the SC deployment after KMAG wrecked Sargent ruined Max's chance for victory. They really didn't get the setup nailed this weekend, and McLaren had the faster car and drivers this weekend.

Checo pulling a Hamilton on lap 1 nearly binned the entire front of the grid. WTF was he thinking?

Oscar and SAI was a shitshow, we like Carlos but his comms with his race engineer are kind of cringe-worthy, comes across like HAM more than anything else.

Yuki had a solid race.

Happy for Lando, I really thought Oscar would get his first win before him the way he has been performing.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#38]

I don't think that's true. You really think it is a coincidence that every other time it picks up the leader (Max). The only other time I could find it picked up Russell when he wasn't leading but it looks like that was also a mistake.

If it comes out in front of someone besides the leader he is supposed to wave them by.

Lapping faster and passing are two completely different things. Lando couldn't even get by Perez earlier even though he was faster, he was going to get by Max?
View All Quotes

Lando was just really, really lucky upon further review.

When the SC was called, Lando was going into turn 1 and Max was going into the final corner. By the time the SC was on track, Lando was ahead of the SC by a few corners. If the SC was called 5 seconds earlier or later and it’s a different race.

Probably a good time to mention that over the last few races it has become apparent to me that Sky’s commentary is much better than that of F1TV. Brundle immediately knew the score and mentioned it in real time.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:10:55 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

There is a very good reason for that/ everyone tires were cooked up, and cooled down but Lando. You don’t get your tires back after that; he restarted with fresher and prime heated up tires. You can’t compete with that.  Even max

And those claiming McLaren was faster on hard tires are wrong; sainz was clearly faster than piastri on equal hard tires. The only reason that piastri got fastest lap is that he had fresh medium tires after he pitted to repair/
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:23:18 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Reddit is grappling with it now.

It’s a toss up between a “mortal sin” and “Lando isn’t very smart, cut him some slack”.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#42]

It’s a toss up between a “mortal sin” and “Lando isn’t very smart, cut him some slack”.
View Quote

Reddit is populated by the dumbest people on the internet.

Most are just DU types. The system is liberal biased because all the mods have been there from when it had nothing but liberal sub Reddit feeds.

Many in the world like Trump much better than what the world has right now.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:27:53 PM EDT
[#43]
With Magnussen now sitting on 10 penalty points, we are pretty much guaranteed to see Ollie Bearman in the Haas for a race at least once this year.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Yay Lando.

McLaren is a lot of fun. Miami is a fun track. Zak is fun.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By D_J:

No, I mean the safety car picking up the #2 car and holding the field hostage so the #1 car could open a gap and come out of the pits ahead of the field. That’s fucked up.
View Quote

It is. But it was not his biggest advantage even
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:37:14 PM EDT
[#46]

Most are just DU types. The system is liberal biased because all the mods have been there from when it had nothing but liberal sub Reddit feeds.

View All Quotes

I know. That’s what makes it an interesting watch.

Most of F1 discourse is defending the legacy/reputation/honor in a cult of personality.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:45:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By NorthBridge:
I dislike how this thread devolves into stick and ball style shit slinging more and more each year. Can’t you dudes just let shit go? At this rate, I won’t be able to see anyone’s posts in a year or two
View Quote

All of this, except I must see it cause I aint paying to grey bar a few idiots. ( now the N_T brigade has almost put me over the edge )

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By NorthBridge:
View Quote

It's all Arf has.

Emotional responses a s being butt hurt by the slightest thing is our thing.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:54:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Epically happy for Lando!

Glad Miami had 2 great races this weekend and none of the cringe, I’m sure people will still talk shit.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:02:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#50]
And of course Ferrari and sainz get a 5sec penalty; what a load of horseshit

Isn’t there a fucking rule that says if you have a car on your side on the outside you need to leave him some room on track ? Why piastri was 5m from the apex and normal trajectory again ? No further investigation ha ?

So Perez piastri and hamilton can dive bomb,all they want as long as their victims go off track to avoid them, but sainz. Oh no; he must be penalized

I’m so tired of this shit
Page / 97
Top Top