User Panel

Site Notices
2024 MotoGP is here (Page 2 of 4)
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 4:47:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: anothermisanthrope] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:
Word is they are taking to Quateraro who is at the end of his contract.
View Quote

Would love to see him get Mav's seat - makes sense for everyone. I think there's 3 riders who are under contract for '25, going to be an amazing silly season. And (guessing) Jack already lost his KTM factory seat.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:04:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheOtherDave] [#2]
Originally Posted By anothermisanthrope:

Would love to see him get Mav's seat - makes sense for everyone. I think there's 3 riders who are under contract for '25, going to be an amazing silly season. And (guessing) Jack already lost his KTM factory seat.
View Quote

Yeah….  unless Jack pulls his thumb out and his skirt from over his face this season and has a miracle run of podiums, he’ll be retired next year.

I like Jack, but it’s clear that he’s taking up space needed by more deserving riders. He’s had his chance and something is just missing for him to seal the deal and win reliably, Awesome dude, but being likeable doesn’t make you fast and it isn’t a championship to see how many friends you can make and keep.

If Acosta’s performance didn’t obviate the need for new riders instead of older hands to develop the bike, I don’t know what could.

ETA: I”d love to see Fabio get Vinales’ ride too. There is nobody on the grid I think less of than Vinales than perhaps Morbidelli in terms of ability, and Vinales’ temper tantrum at Yamaha that got him sacked is what a shit person does. All of the millions of dollars they spent to put his ass on a seat that weekend, the hours the electronics guys poured over data until the late hours of the night and he pulls that shit? Fuck him.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:38:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: anothermisanthrope] [#3]
If Acosta’s performance didn’t obviate the need for new riders instead of older hands to develop the bike, I don’t know what could.
View Quote

This old guy who finished in front of Jack last (and probably will again this) year?

Totally agree tho - guessing Jack gave up some Ducati voodoo and KTM got their money's worth, time to move on.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:04:22 AM EDT
[#4]
So nice to have racing on again - it's sad how much I missed it.

Think Simon said post race (or hinted) that Baby J got a green light to go out see what it was like to race in GP, don't worry about tires. And... I... can't... wait! Plus he's not a typical Spaniard. Best thing to happen to the sport in about 25 years Aprilia really need to get rid of their whole stable (get your shit together Joe) - also where I see Fabulous landing unless concessions work. Also, after Sunday who is going to push their bike off starting grid if they kill it? Pit lane start vs back of the grid. Dumb. Think 33 is going to get a few wins this year. Jack? ...

Moto3 was amazing last few laps. Surprised more people aren't talking about Pirellis and Moto2.
View Quote

I would love to be wrong, but I don’t think Joe Roberts has anything to offer MotoGP right now outside of the marketing potential of being American. Frankly I don’t think he would have had as many chances as he has had if he were just another Spaniard or Italian coming out of the puppy mills.

Quateraro will bolt for Aprilia IMO unless something drastic happens with concessions, and i’d be happy for him.

But yes, Aleix and their other riders have likely served their purpose and it’s time to move on.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:39:22 PM EDT
[#5]
PG boys are back, best podcast in the sport:
https://motopg.fireside.fm/125

Cool Ben interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf6hVt5G6kw
View Quote

Nice hearing from Ben, sounds like hes in a good place.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:51:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: anothermisanthrope] [#6]

I would love to be wrong, but I don’t think Joe Roberts has anything to offer MotoGP right now outside of the marketing potential of being American. Frankly I don’t think he would have had as many chances as he has had if he were just another Spaniard or Italian coming out of the puppy mills.

Quateraro will bolt for Aprilia IMO unless something drastic happens with concessions, and i’d be happy for him.

But yes, Aleix and their other riders have likely served their purpose and it’s time to move on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
So nice to have racing on again - it's sad how much I missed it.

Think Simon said post race (or hinted) that Baby J got a green light to go out see what it was like to race in GP, don't worry about tires. And... I... can't... wait! Plus he's not a typical Spaniard. Best thing to happen to the sport in about 25 years Aprilia really need to get rid of their whole stable (get your shit together Joe) - also where I see Fabulous landing unless concessions work. Also, after Sunday who is going to push their bike off starting grid if they kill it? Pit lane start vs back of the grid. Dumb. Think 33 is going to get a few wins this year. Jack? ...

Moto3 was amazing last few laps. Surprised more people aren't talking about Pirellis and Moto2.

Joe has had enogh moments where I still have some optimism, but I also expect to be let down.

Pre-race sure seems like everyone thinks Fabio is headed to Aprilia. I really enjoyed 93 gritting his teeth in the presser with Baby Jeebus.

Originally Posted By 6172crew:
PG boys are back, best podcast in the sport:
https://motopg.fireside.fm/125

Cool Ben interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf6hVt5G6kw

Nice hearing from Ben, sounds like hes in a good place.

Yep, I'll be keeping an eye on his riders.
https://www.nbcsports.com/motor-sports/news/motoamerica-announces-new-team-for-2024-with-rahal-ducati-moto
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#7]
One that has mystified me for the last few years, is why is Yamaha still running an inline four when just about everyone else is running a Big Bang V-4?  They just can't keep up. Ducati almost has a monopoly on the podium these days.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:22:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Joe has had enogh moments where I still have some optimism, but I also expect to be let down.

Pre-race sure seems like everyone thinks Fabio is headed to Aprilia. I really enjoyed 93 gritting his teeth in the presser with Baby Jeebus.

Yep, I'll be keeping an eye on his riders.
https://www.nbcsports.com/motor-sports/news/motoamerica-announces-new-team-for-2024-with-rahal-ducati-moto
View Quote

So,… it’s likely that Fabio goes to Aprilia….. Wanna guess what Yamaha’s plans are to replace him? They getting budget together for Jorge Martin, who has made no bones about him leaving ducati if he isn’t wearing red next season. Just saw an interview with Jack Miller where they delved into it after he was done. Speaking of which, Jack sounded like a Beat Boy, not someone who believes in himself and has fire in his belly. I like Jack a lot, but this is MotoGP, not the Good Guy Olympics.

Oh, another rumor: 2027 will see the bikes go to 850cc. I’m just shaking my head….
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:30:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By _DR:

One that has mystified me for the last few years, is why is Yamaha still running an inline four when just about everyone else is running a Big Bang V-4?  They just can't keep up. Ducati almost has a monopoly on the podium these days.
View Quote

Product tie-in is a real thing and outside of the RCV213S and the Desmosedici streetbike, both of which ended up in collections, Yamaha sells the closest thing they can to what they race. While it’s not my favorite bike, I have an R1M and it is definitely something special in terms of drive off of a corner and the electronics are still pretty top of the heap..

Yamaha has to produce bikes that are profitable and V4’s cost more to make. Everyone talks about the V4’s making more power thru lower friction loss, but the truth is that all of these engines are limited not by engine design but by fuel capacity limits and traction. It’s very seldom during a lap that a MotoGP bike allows the rider to have full throttle and full fuelling-We are talking about corner by corner throttle, exhaust valve and ignition mapping based on GPS data.

Get rid of fuel capacity and or ban traction control and things would be a LOT different.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 6:48:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: anothermisanthrope] [#10]
So,… it’s likely that Fabio goes to Aprilia….. Wanna guess what Yamaha’s plans are to replace him? They getting budget together for Jorge Martin, who has made no bones about him leaving ducati if he isn’t wearing red next season. Just saw an interview with Jack Miller where they delved into it after he was done. Speaking of which, Jack sounded like a Beat Boy, not someone who believes in himself and has fire in his belly. I like Jack a lot, but this is MotoGP, not the Good Guy Olympics.

Oh, another rumor: 2027 will see the bikes go to 850cc. I’m just shaking my head….
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Jack is probably best of the rest of the factory guys to replace 20? Maybe Mav? (/joke). 89 is great for Yamaha and if he wants payday great option - but I don't think he'll take that seat. Or keep Rins and grab a Moto2 kid and cross your fingers ala Ducati (man what if 54 is a bust but doubtful - but he knows everyone is watching this weekend and... we'll see). But what if VR46 changes to Yamaha? Then I have no idea.

I think I saw that same podcast with Jack the other day - OMGMotoGP? It was depressing. Wonder if a year in Moto2 would have prevented some of his issues.

Pretty sure engine size is a done deal - I'm in Casey's restricting aero and electronic aids camp. They already tried 800 thing.

Product tie-in is a real thing and outside of the RCV213S and the Desmosedici streetbike, both of which ended up in collections, Yamaha sells the closest thing they can to what they race. While it’s not my favorite bike, I have an R1M and it is definitely something special in terms of drive off of a corner and the electronics are still pretty top of the heap..

Yamaha has to produce bikes that are profitable and V4’s cost more to make. Everyone talks about the V4’s making more power thru lower friction loss, but the truth is that all of these engines are limited not by engine design but by fuel capacity limits and traction. It’s very seldom during a lap that a MotoGP bike allows the rider to have full throttle and full fuelling-We are talking about corner by corner throttle, exhaust valve and ignition mapping based on GPS data.

Get rid of fuel capacity and or ban traction control and things would be a LOT different.

Yamaha has killed the R1 in a bunch of countries - only a matter of time Good call on V4 vs I4

My prediction is: 89 is gone - Ducati want either 23 or 72 on the other red bike. Fabio's Aprilia teammate for 2025? Yep. Aliex will take credit for it

Also - 16 is looking better. I still have hope for him. Man I hope he actually earns a win and can redeem himself from the last time he won here and had one of the most awkward victory celebrations ever.

What does 37 think at night? Think he and 25 are looking at WSBK soon. And then the real 37 can get his number plate back
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:24:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Jack is probably best of the rest of the factory guys to replace 20? Maybe Mav? (/joke). 89 is great for Yamaha and if he wants payday great option - but I don't think he'll take that seat. Or keep Rins and grab a Moto2 kid and cross your fingers ala Ducati (man what if 54 is a bust but doubtful - but he knows everyone is watching this weekend and... we'll see). But what if VR46 changes to Yamaha? Then I have no idea.

I think I saw that same podcast with Jack the other day - OMGMotoGP? It was depressing. Wonder if a year in Moto2 would have prevented some of his issues.

Pretty sure engine size is a done deal - I'm in Casey's restricting aero and electronic aids camp. They already tried 800 thing.

Yamaha has killed the R1 in a bunch of countries - only a matter of time Good call on V4 vs I4

My prediction is: 89 is gone - Ducati want either 23 or 72 on the other red bike. Fabio's Aprilia teammate for 2025? Yep. Aliex will take credit for it

Also - 16 is looking better. I still have hope for him. Man I hope he actually earns a win and can redeem himself from the last time he won here and had one of the most awkward victory celebrations ever.

What does 37 think at night? Think he and 25 are looking at WSBK soon. And then the real 37 can get his number plate back
View Quote

IMO, Yamaha wants someone more consistent that Jack and after what happened with Vinales I don’t see him getting back with Yamaha-whether Martin takes the seat will depend on how well concessions work. IMO, The poor performance of the Japanese teams isn’t entirely on them, MotoGP allowing EIGHT fucking Ducatis on the grid and sharing Data on identically set up bikes is an obstacle that is pretty hard to overcome no matter how much money you have to throw at the problem. MotoGP’s lax standards with regard to the rules and what Ducati has done with Shape Shifting and Aero is the other half of the blame-Full credit to Ducati for making these things work and work well but they were all borderline illegal and MotoGP did fuck all about it until it crippled everyone else. Maybe they were worried that Ducati was going to pull out after soo many years of post-Stoper seasons of sucking dick, but now they have lost one Japanese manufacturer and are about to lose two more if the wildly generous concessions rules don’t provide fruitful improvement.

Want to fix it? Ban all aero and shape shifting and give the Japanese more engines and fuel. Electronics need to be there-they are a part of motorcycling now.

Yeah, it was the OMG interview I saw. Didn’t really care for the questions they were asking Jack-seemed like they were rubbing his nose in it a bit.

I don’t know that WSB is quite the save haven for MotoGP riders that it was…. Plenty of talent already there and many of the riders won’t “step down” to that level.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 1:31:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Want to fix it? Ban all aero and shape shifting and give the Japanese more engines and fuel. Electronics need to be there-they are a part of motorcycling now.

View Quote

Or just make it open class with no rules. Now that would be interesting.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 2:04:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Meh, it'll be a Ducati show.
The rider won't matter.

F1 = Verstappen and Red Bull

USA SX & MX = Honda and Jett Lawrence

At least Indy Car will be interesting.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 2:06:28 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

The old and original Willow Springs Formula USA series.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 2:12:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KA3B] [#15]
Product tie-in is a real thing and outside of the RCV213S and the Desmosedici streetbike, both of which ended up in collections, Yamaha sells the closest thing they can to what they race. While it’s not my favorite bike, I have an R1M and it is definitely something special in terms of drive off of a corner and the electronics are still pretty top of the heap.
View Quote

Watch this video, Kevin Cameron explains why the V4 will always beat an in-line 4.
What SECRETS make a GREAT motorcycle engine?

I personally think that the spec class racing induced by spec tires is what has killed all forms of racing.
Racing was much better when Michelin and Dunlop were fighting tooth and nail (and cheating).
Now it's all about who can ride the tire and who has the better suspension set-up for that tire.

Spec class racing sucks.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:31:38 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

We have that now, but only one manufacturer was effectively allowed to build bikes to that standard.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:53:44 AM EDT
[#17]

We have that now, but only one manufacturer was effectively allowed to build bikes to that standard.
View Quote

Clearly. How did that come about?

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:56:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#18]
Originally Posted By KA3B:
Watch this video, Kevin Cameron explains why the V4 will always beat an in-line 4.
View Quote

I really miss the VF500F with it's torquey V4 I raced in AMA Sportsman class in the 90s.

Wasn't the fastest bike on the grid, but it could pull torque out of thin air in any gear.

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 4:47:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Clearly. How did that come about?

View Quote

Ducati was sucking dick and started trying wild things that skirted the rules. A lot of it worked.

The rear height devices should have been ruled illegal for under the rules for no variable suspension/geometry. I’m actually surprised that DORNA allowed them use of front fork compression for one season and banned it when it is essentially the same thing as what they did with the rears
A lot of the aero stuff they did was highly questionable but allowed anyway.

Every year they came up with something new that gave them that edge while the rest played catch up-or rather whoever the teams pay to do their engineering catch up… Spoiler-the bike manufacturers pay other firms (usually british) to develop engines and other competitive tech like seamless transmissions and rear ride height devices. Ultimately what this means is that every little “wink and a nod” aero and chassis change Ducati was allowed to do has added up to a point they are clearly advantaged and they have 8 riders on all similar setups that they share data between teams to make sure a Ducati wins. It’s really not fair competition at all.

Again, I think they did this to keep Ducati from leaving the series when they were struggling but they bent over so far backwards they risk losing all three of the Japanese manufacturers at a time when racing at this level not only has very little to do with the product they sell, but sales are very low for Japanese manufacturers in general.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 2:42:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By captainpooby:
I pay for the whole season pass. Costs 160 bucks or so I think. Then I use a Firestick and the MotoGP app on Amazon or watch it on my computer. The web interface sucks tho, best way on the firestick.
https://www.motogp.com/en/videopass
View Quote

The web interface is really easy to use.

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 2:44:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah….  unless Jack pulls his thumb out and his skirt from over his face this season and has a miracle run of podiums, he’ll be retired next year.
I like Jack, but it’s clear that he’s taking up space needed by more deserving riders. He’s had his chance and something is just missing for him to seal the deal and win reliably, Awesome dude, but being likeable doesn’t make you fast and it isn’t a championship to see how many friends you can make and keep.
ETA: I”d love to see Fabio get Vinales’ ride too. There is nobody on the grid I think less of than Vinales than perhaps Morbidelli in terms of ability, and Vinales’ temper tantrum at Yamaha that got him sacked is what a shit person does. All of the millions of dollars they spent to put his ass on a seat that weekend, the hours the electronics guys poured over data until the late hours of the night and he pulls that shit? Fuck him.
View Quote

It's not Miller's fault that the KTM sucks.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 3:37:33 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Back in the "good ole days" when it was still called Grand Prix 500 (GP500) two-strokes ruled the roost.
Yamaha's first 500cc bike was an in-line 4, the YZR500 (0W20).
Yamaha raced these bikes from 1973-74.
The successor to the 0W20 was the YZR500 (0W23).
Yamaha raced these bikes from 1975 to 1980.
In 1981 Yamaha built the 0W54, it used a square four engine.
In 1982 Yamaha built the 0W61 and raced that bike from 1982 to 2002.

If Yamaha wanted to build a V4, they would build a V4.

I think both Yamaha and Honda have had enough of building and racing motorcycles that are not relevant to what they sell to the public.
Kawasaki and Suzuki both threw in the towel years ago.

Back in 2011 or 2012 the MotoGP grids were slim, so slim in fact that the FIM allowed the use of bikes built with aftermarket frames and "street bike" engines (basically WSB spec engines) to help fill the grids.
They were called CRT (Claiming Rule Teams).
Attack Racing tried this.
https://www.cycleworld.com/2012/04/09/stanboli-attacks-motogp/

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 3:44:59 AM EDT
[#23]
I really miss the VF500F with it's torquey V4 I raced in AMA Sportsman class in the 90s.
Wasn't the fastest bike on the grid, but it could pull torque out of thin air in any gear.
View Quote

I have a friend who had one as his street bike, it eventually turned into his street/race bike.
Fun little fucker to blast around in the canyons with.
He raced it at Willow for about a year, one day while riding some twisties a county dump truck turned left in front of him.
He ended up getting $125K after the blood suckers were done.

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 9:37:41 AM EDT
[#24]

The web interface is really easy to use.

View Quote

I watch it for free on BT/TNT Sports on fullmatchsports.cc

It’s just like having a subscription-and you can go back years and watch races and practices as well as F1, soccer etc. no idea how they do it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#25]

It's not Miller's fault that the KTM sucks.  
View Quote

LoL, you sure about that?
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 10:48:09 AM EDT
[#26]
What a morning of racing!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 7:33:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#27]
What a morning of racing!!
View Quote

Agreed. I was riveted to my seat the whole race.

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 7:37:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#28]

Next one is April 12-14, at COTA Austin, TX.

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:10:19 PM EDT
[#29]

Next one is April 12-14, at COTA Austin, TX.

View Quote

I'll be at T15.  I bought a 20ft American flag and we have 7 seats.  Keep an eye out for me and my homies.  Hoping we get on TV with this bad boy.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:32:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:50:41 AM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#33]

BaddAssery!  I got to see Dovi's GP17? engine on display, it was so small I figured it for a fake.  Back then it was on display at the Dallas Ducati dealer.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:43:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:57:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Terrible news, fuxk those clowns.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 7:14:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Wait, what does this mean? How will it change things?

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 7:30:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: anothermisanthrope] [#37]
Wait, what does this mean? How will it change things?
View Quote

Street races coming soon . Honestly no one knows, hopefully not much but...

According to Italian newspaper Corriere della Serra, the Americans are already thinking about how to create a symbiosis between the two championships. One notable concoction: the Super GP.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 2:04:37 PM EDT
[#38]

Spec class racing sucks.
View Quote

This man gets it!
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 3:51:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Ghostface:

This man gets it!
View Quote

The problem is that without some equalizer, only the wealthiest company could be competitive in motorcycle racing.. unlike car companies, there isn’t an unlimited budget-motorcycles are a leisure product that on paper doesn’t really even make sense to manufacture.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 7:11:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:49:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Just tells me that his hopes were set on Aprilia and they went with Joe Roberts instead. Must also mean that Alex isn’t retiring.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 2:23:03 AM EDT
[#42]

Just bought my tickets for COTA (1 day ticket Sunday 14th). Turn 12 bleachers. Bringing the family so will probably just watch Moto2 and the main Moto GP.  My first Moto GP in person!  3 hour drive to Austin Saturday, then watch the races on Sunday. I'm stoked!

Anybody familiar to COTA got any advice about anything?

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 7:33:09 AM EDT
[#43]
I hope Fabio is making more money than he ever dreamed was possible. Because signing with Yamaha guarantees him a backwater MotoGP career.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:19:59 AM EDT
[#44]

Just bought my tickets for COTA (1 day ticket Sunday 14th). Turn 12 bleachers. Bringing the family so will probably just watch Moto2 and the main Moto GP.  My first Moto GP in person!  3 hour drive to Austin Saturday, then watch the races on Sunday. I'm stoked!

Anybody familiar to COTA got any advice about anything?

View Quote

Earplugs.   …. Really.

They are all next level Loud.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:27:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By xylo:
I hope Fabio is making more money than he ever dreamed was possible. Because signing with Yamaha guarantees him a backwater MotoGP career.
View Quote

IMO, it was the hand fate dealt him. No desirable seats available when trackhouse bought into aprilia..
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:16:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#46]

Earplugs.   …. Really.

They are all next level Loud.
View Quote

Louder than World Superbike races? been to a few of those.

But will bring some.

How the heck do I get a parking pass? Don't seem to be available anywhere...
Would have though it came with the ticket, but no. Tciketmaster parking pass page is stuck on oct 2023. nobody answers the phone at COTA.

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:41:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: anothermisanthrope] [#47]
Haven't seen a WSBK race in person in a while but yes It's crazy how loud they are - definitely bring some, especially if you're taking the family.  The track is insanely large. Lots of expensive vendors. Post pics when you get back!

ETA: some members went to COTA for Rossi's last race - posted some pics in this archived thread.

Just tells me that his hopes were set on Aprilia and they went with Joe Roberts instead. Must also mean that Alex isn’t retiring.
View Quote

I just wonder if 89 doesn't end up on The Captain's bike. I'm guessing Fabio got the offer from the Italians and decided the Yamaha wasn't so bad after all. Probably an extra zero more.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:12:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#48]

ETA figured out that damn COTA app. I'm old.

I'm gonna be wearing a number 31 shirt in the grandstands next Sunday.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:12:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Haven't seen a WSBK race in person in a while but yes It's crazy how loud they are - definitely bring some, especially if you're taking the family.  The track is insanely large. Lots of expensive vendors. Post pics when you get back!

ETA: some members went to COTA for Rossi's last race - posted some pics in this archived thread.

I just wonder if 89 doesn't end up on The Captain's bike. I'm guessing Fabio got the offer from the Italians and decided the Yamaha wasn't so bad after all. Probably an extra zero more.
View Quote

Could be-when you are already a world champion you can be a little more flexible. IMO, the way the cards have fallen Fabio is done winning championships. Not because he isn’t championship material, but the prevailing winds in MotoGP say that young guys coming up thru the puppy mills are the way to go and the experienced hands don’t have anything to offer regardless of how uncompetitive their bikes are.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:32:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Meh, it'll be a Ducati show.
The rider won't matter.

F1 = Verstappen and Red Bull

USA SX & MX = Honda and Jett Lawrence

At least Indy Car will be interesting.
View Quote

Except there are 8 Ducatis and many riders on them capable of winning.
Page / 4
2024 MotoGP is here (Page 2 of 4)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top