BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 9:00:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dagoth-Ur:

Increase the number? Of them? Of them existing, being aborted? Not to clear what you mean.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dagoth-Ur:
Originally Posted By Citadel:
on the one hand not murdering's millions(?) unborn children has to  be a good thing for the character of society

I have had a modest proposal that maybe we need to increase the number especially among illegal invaders , those incarcerated, those addicted to illegal drugs - just a modest proposal Swiftly delivered

Increase the number? Of them? Of them existing, being aborted? Not to clear what you mean.

mandatory killing the child in these cases - it's just a modest proposal
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 9:04:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#2]
Ghetto goblin kills their 8 year old child

"Wild creativity on how to kill them"

Ghetto Goblin aborts their kid

"Good"

As if you destiny is predetermined from the time you are born.

Link Posted: 2/23/2024 9:27:56 AM EDT
[#3]
It's already nearly impossible to find wire coat hangers...  
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I can’t imagine what the large families who built this country with 8 kids in a one bedroom cabin would think about their offspring asking getting such a stupid question…

Link Posted: 2/23/2024 9:35:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pallas] [#5]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
IMO, there's not going to be any significant reduction in the number of abortion.

That horse has left the barn.
View Quote

This.

...and it is an issue that should be dropped by the GOP, it does nothing but turn away voters. You're going to see FL get a constitutional amendment making it a woman's right, just watch.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 9:36:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By zer0t:
Crime will increase.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2024 9:41:36 AM EDT
[#7]
What reduction? Seems like all this did was give Democrats an emotionally charged issue to fire up their base with and pass state laws and constitutional amendments guaranteeing abortion rights. Plus bonus seats in legislatures and governor's offices.

For those who were actually affected, it's going to be the people you least want to have more kids. Anyone of even modest means can travel to get one, so it will be those least able to pay for the kids and least responsible raising them.

It can be like a revisit of what Romania saw after their abortion ban, but hopefully isolated to a few states.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By CTYC313:
What reduction? Seems like all this did was give Democrats an emotionally charged issue to fire up their base with and pass state laws and constitutional amendments guaranteeing abortion rights. Plus bonus seats in legislatures and governor's offices.

For those who were actually affected, it's going to be the people you least want to have more kids. Anyone of even modest means can travel to get one, so it will be those least able to pay for the kids and least responsible raising them.

It can be like a revisit of what Romania saw after their abortion ban, but hopefully isolated to a few states.
View Quote

This, I wish Republicans would ignore abortion.  Stupid hill to die on.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 9:47:34 AM EDT
[#9]
nothing COC compliant to say here.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 9:50:20 AM EDT
[#10]
IMO, there's not going to be any significant reduction in the number of abortion.

View Quote

This. For cryin out loud. If Idaho or wherever bans abortions, there will probably be like 12 fewer each year.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By killstick_engaged:
more crime, more violence, more cradle to grave welfare. more worthless POSs making things worse for everyone.

I used to be against it, very much so. Now I realize that in the year of our lord 2024 the type of person who gets an abortion is exactly the type that shouldn't be breeding. It sucks for the babies but life is filled with cruel realities.
View Quote

Correct.... Conservative at the core hate freedom...... for others.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 9:53:41 AM EDT
[#12]
In the states where it is strictly limited, there will likely be an increase in the number of children entering the child welfare system. I sincerely hope people in those states where it is curtailed are willing to step up to be foster families. There will also be an increase in the number of women seeking emergency treatment for complications related to abortions as they will be unable to follow up with their out of state abortion provider.

As for those states that do not limit it, there will be an increase in abortion tourism, and there will probably be state line abortion clinics that pop up like fireworks stands.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 9:55:08 AM EDT
[#13]
more crime, more violence, more cradle to grave welfare. more worthless POSs making things worse for everyone.

I used to be against it, very much so. Now I realize that in the year of our lord 2024 the type of person who gets an abortion is exactly the type that shouldn't be breeding. It sucks for the babies but life is filled with cruel realities.
View Quote

This ^. They would just get there maternal parents shitty genetics anyway. Babies are not always clean slates.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Orion10182011:
View Quote

Don’t know how to post on phone
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 10:00:24 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Hate to say it, but this is the truth.

Non liberals are stacking the deck against themselves when you allow these people to have even more offspring.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 10:00:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By stumpy89:

View Quote

How so? I got here this one
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 10:05:00 AM EDT
[#17]

Must at all costs kill the babies.

It’s for their own good.

It’s for my good.

Must at all cost kill the babies.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 10:08:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#18]
A 2-4 hour drive to the nearest free state is not remotely a deterrent.  It's not like people were getting abortions conveniently on their lunch break or on the way to the post office before hitting up gamestop... people still have to block a day out and go through the ordeal.  Even if they have to block out two-three days to take a round trip flight somewhere, that isn't a hassle compared to raising a child.

There will be no practical societal effect because there will be no notable reduction of abortions... maybe a few percent here or there.

The only significant change is going to be more blue voters at polls fucking up down ballot elections every time this abortion shit is brought up at the state level... and when the legislatures have slid blue long enough they'll just change the abortion laws to be friendly again.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 10:15:44 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

doubt it. The majority of women having abortions are poor, poverty stricken, drug addicts and people that can't even take care of themselves.

They aren't going to be traveling to get an abortion.

They may dump the kid in the trash or flush pieces down the toilet, but the majority aren't going to be traveling a couple hours to another state to do it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 10:16:27 AM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 2/23/2024 10:17:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Mach:

They may dump the kid in the trash or flush pieces down the toilet...
View Quote

fuck that's dark.  because it's probably true.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 10:22:56 AM EDT
[#22]
The real consequence of the change is the coming blue wave in retaliation that will sign this country's death warrant,
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Mach:
The majority of women having abortions are poor, poverty stricken, drug addicts and people that can't even take care of themselves.

They aren't going to be traveling to get an abortion.
View Quote

There are private groups collecting $ to pay for these women to travel to other states for abortions.  California is using tax money to pay for women outside the state to come to CA for abortions.  https://apnews.com/article/abortion-us-supreme-court-california-gavin-newsom-729c1df436b5efa69d1cbff438f5905c
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 10:45:17 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

I hate to agree with you, but I believe you to be right.  As a bonus, the women who get abortions are likely Democrats, so they are aborting future Democrats.  

Buuuuut, their Democrat masters have that covered by importing millions of illegals, who are guaranteed to vote Democrat to keep their gravy train going, what with all that free shit and all.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/246278/abortion-trends-party.aspx
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:42:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Assuming that the number is somewhat significant, I see the worst effects as more children being born and raised by liberals
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
FPNI

Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:53:58 AM EDT
[#27]
I hate to say this but the only thing that has kept the proportion of the black population where it is today is abortion. iirc, the rate of abortion is something like 4:1 compared to white women and the pregnancy rate is much higher too. It will be a Great Replacement, but from within instead of just importing illegals. Muslims also have a much higher birthrate than white Americans. Just look at the population shift in England and the accompanying change in culture if you want to see what to expect
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:59:16 AM EDT
[#28]
People ain't going to stop fucking, so your going to get an increase in your taxes to support more leeches.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By BlackTaco:

I’ve been preaching this since Covid, when the US really started falling apart. Our family is 100% anti-abortion.
But I will no longer continue to try and change the minds of the left, who want us dead. If the left wants to kill their unborn children, they can take that up with the Man at the pearly gates.
It’s not my job to stop them from breeding more leftist humans that will continuously turn our country into a shithole and try to kill us.
We should be convincing them to off themselves, not preventing. God works in mysterious ways.

I will devote a lot more time-energy into persuading conservative younger adults into having more children and raising them conservatively.

The right and abortions have fucked us over on elections.
View Quote

This is the position I’ve come to as well. From a societal point of view these unwanted kids become a drain one way or another. Personally I’m ok with de-incentives for having kids if you’re on public assistance of any sort.

Yes it’s a shitty position to take as it is murdering a human being but have a limit ban of say 15wks and let them have it. You can not legislate morality and this issue will always be an issue that will hurt republicans.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#30]
More people who will vote democrat.

True conservatives were never the ones seeking out abortions.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Probably more unwanted kids raised by shitty single mothers. So in other words, more crime and welfare.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:14:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Orion10182011:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:14:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Obo2] [#33]
I think largely more people will grow the fuck up and be responsible. Either because they are now a parent or at least realizing getting an abortion is not so easy and thus practicing abstinence or using birth control.
More dads will likely stick around cause they can't as easily get away with "get an abortion"

the population will not be as likely to decline and the economy will improve because of it...
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:17:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By WoodHeat:
Since Rowe there have been a bit more than 63 million abortions in the US.

What would the county look like today if all of those had been born?
View Quote

The welfare state would be huge
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:18:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Haves:
snip
Abortion should be legal.  They aren’t aborting future rocket scientist.
View Quote

we very likely are.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:21:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: phungus] [#36]
Originally Posted By Obo2:
I think largely more people will grow the fuck up and be responsible. Either because they are now a parent or at least realizing getting an abortion is not so easy and thus practicing abstinence or using birth control.
More dad will likely stick around cause they can't as easily get away with "get an abortion"

the population will not be as likely to decline and the economy will improve because of it...
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Damn son, what planet are you referring to?
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#37]
More dad will likely stick around cause they can't as easily get away with "get an abortion"

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:27:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Makarov:
Honestly, it is a complex issue. While I am philosophically opposed to Abortion, I have a hard time reconciling that with the realities facing rape victims, women whose life is in danger, a fetus with a severe developmental defect, teen pregnancies, incest, et.al.

View Quote

something like 96% of abortions are performed for no reason. Of the reasons listed financial or emotional well being was the most common, leaving less than 1% to fall under the reasons you listed.

Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:28:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By runcible:
Our economy would have collapsed a long time ago.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By runcible:
Originally Posted By WoodHeat:
Since Rowe there have been a bit more than 63 million abortions in the US.
What would the county look like today if all of those had been born?
Our economy would have collapsed a long time ago.

or be much stronger
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:34:46 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
wtf
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:37:19 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

FPNI and all that jazz.

Why would you think there's going to be a significant reductions in abortions performed?

Yeah, there will be less abortions in SOME states, but that will be offset by more being done in other states.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:37:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 1:12:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Naamah:
In the states where it is strictly limited, there will likely be an increase in the number of children entering the child welfare system. I sincerely hope people in those states where it is curtailed are willing to step up to be foster families. There will also be an increase in the number of women seeking emergency treatment for complications related to abortions as they will be unable to follow up with their out of state abortion provider.

As for those states that do not limit it, there will be an increase in abortion tourism, and there will probably be state line abortion clinics that pop up like fireworks stands.
View Quote

there will also be an increase in kids with significant damage due to alcohol and drugs that the state will have to take care off for the rest of their lives.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 1:14:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Your premise is faulty.  There won't be less abortions, they're just getting done elsewhere.

Prohibition doesn't work.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 1:18:59 PM EDT
[#45]
on a social level I have zero problem with abortion. I just don't want any tax dollars paying for it unless sterilization is part of it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 1:44:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:
Your premise is faulty.  There won't be less abortions, they're just getting done elsewhere.

View Quote

Some of them will be done illegally, in secret, so the actual counts will be impossible to determine.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 1:46:22 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By California_Kid:

Some of them will be done illegally, in secret, so the actual counts will be impossible to determine.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By California_Kid:
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Most abortions are performed on women who have no business raising a child anyway.  Those results are entirely predictable.

And then, you have what happened in Ohio and Virginia last year, where the democrats retake the state legislature.  Abortion ends up being perfectly legal anyway, along with all the other gun control shit they try to pass.  How many gun control bills are currently sitting on the Virginia governor's desk?
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 1:55:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Haves:
Increased taxes to cover generational welfare.
Increased time.
Further decrease in the quality of education with increased class size and more trouble kids.  

Abortion should be legal.  They aren’t aborting future rocket scientist.
View Quote

I agree
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top