Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:09:55 AM EDT
[#1]
That was hard to read, must be unbearable to live it. My prayers are with you. It's not over till it's over. Stay strong.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:12:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperStormBryan] [#2]
My SIL has had sarcoma for a long running time now, years and years.  Got diagnosed in her mid 20's.

There's been point where they told her to prepare herself for the end, like very soon its consuming her lungs, but she just keeps pushing back and keeps on going.

Hold tight.  God Bless you and the wife.

“Do not let your heart be troubled;  believe in God, believe also in Me.  In My Father’s house are many rooms; if that were not so, I would have told you, because I am going there to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will take you to Myself, so that where I am, there you also will be.  And you know the way where I am going.”  - J14:1-4
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:14:05 AM EDT
[#3]
prayers for you and your wife op .
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:15:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Brave man to share.

It may save someone's life.

Bless you.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:16:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Prayers to you and your family OP.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:17:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. So I'll just say...

FUCK CANCER!!!

Even though it, too, has already been said numerous times, it can never be said enough.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:18:53 AM EDT
[#7]
What’s your prognosis?  It sounds aggressive, but some cancers respond better to chemo than others.

Stay positive brother
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:18:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Hang in there brother. Cancer took my younger brother and sister, but they were both smokers.

I've been fighting cancer since 2021. I'm a non-smoker, but was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Then, they found a more rare form of cancer, thymic carcinoma. Been fighting both. Been off and back on chemo. Thankfully, my latest CT scan was good. My oncologist is moving my chemo from every other week, to every three weeks. I was originally getting chemo once a week. In 3-6 months, if the scans still show good, I might get move to chemo once a month.

Just keep fighting.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:19:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Prayers bro.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:24:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Sorry to read this.  Prayers for you, brother.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:29:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Stupid how much the gov "controls" pain meds.
Some people really need them.
But docs are too scared to prescribe.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:35:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:36:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Prayers for you, OP. You got this shit.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:39:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Prayers sent for you and yours.
It aint over till its over.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:41:34 AM EDT
[#15]
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:42:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Keep us updated.

So sorry to hear this news.

Prayers to you and your family for comfort and strength. God be with you, and you go with God.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:42:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Fuck cancer!!  Never give up
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:45:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By hawktheslayer:
BACKGROUND:

Early last year, I found this weird little bump under my knee...it grew and was painful, told my doc--and was diagnosed with bursitis.  But it hurt BAD.  Doc wouldn't give me pain meds.  It grew.  Got x-rayed.  Looked like a big sac of fluid. Given anti-inflammatory but no pain meds.  Pain was ridiculous.  Finally got an ortho doc to pull fluid out.  Guess what?  No fluid.  But...from those needle holes grew these giant flesh mushrooms.  Doc decides to cut the bursa out.  Only..it got worse and while on the operating table, the doc said he was taking biopsies instead and cut the "tumor" in half and left it open to the air making me do wet-to-dry gauze changes for a month until the cancer removal surgery.  Long story short, cancer is a "undifferentiated pleomorphic sarcoma" and it moved from my leg to my lungs, where it spread multiple tumors and as of a couple of days ago (2 chemo sessions in) spread to my right ventricle (my heart).  I'm upset and waiting for a cardiac MRI in the coming days.

Very stressed and lonely every night as my wife (Has been busting her ass caring for me because I can't walk) gets in bed super early and I'm in another room staring at a TV or the ceiling.  It's rough brothers...make no mistake.  I do want to throw a shout out to some members here who have come to visit and hang out, it means a lot.

At any rate...I'll try to get online again when I can.  If not, it's been nice knowing and laughing at a lot of you guys.  

View Quote

Please hang in there brother, miracles happen every minute of every day.

You are in my prayers .
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:48:53 AM EDT
[#19]
It ain't over til it's over, bud. In 2016, I was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. Left elbow. Gave me 18-24 months. I had already been down the chemo trail, didn't really want to do it again. Went to Hawaii, to die in the sand, under some fat wahine. A talk with my son convinced me to try. A few months into radiation and chemo, they decided they'd made a classic blunder. Tumor was between the bones, not in them. Took a bit, but, I beat that one, too. Just remember, the worst day living beats the best day dying.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:52:23 AM EDT
[#20]
I will pray for you.  I hope you can stay positive.  I have had cancer twice and am now 5 years cancer free.  I 100% believe that your attitude plays a huge role in you beating cancer.  Don't give in.

I have a friend that has three different types of cancer and will have infusions once a month for the remainder of his life.  He was given less than a year to live FIVE years ago.  He is upbeat and positive, even lost his wife to cancer last year during all this and still remains positive.

He said there was only 3% chance of survival and plans to get 3% tattoo on his chest when he gets a clean bill of health

Again, I will pray for you and hope you the best
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:53:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Man, FUCK ol' cancer.

I pray you beat its ass.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:53:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Damn. Just DAMN!
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:57:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Prayers for recovery, OP.

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:57:42 AM EDT
[#24]
It sounds bad now but when you beat the cancer and regain your health, you will have a new outlook on life.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:58:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Praying for you brother, keep your head up!
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:59:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rogue7] [#26]

About this time last year I found out my colorectal cancer had spread to my left lung, which they said was highly unusual for that type of cancer. They cut it out and a year later my last CT was clear.

It ain't over until it's over, the fight is going to suck but you can beat it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:03:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Prayers for you and family!
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:06:39 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through. Holy shit. I can't even imagine. Hang in there, and good luck.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:06:46 AM EDT
[#29]
A speedy recovery
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:09:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Prayers inbound and keep fighting!
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:11:30 AM EDT
[#31]
It’s been a pleasure laughing at and with you as well.

Hope you know Jesus.

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:13:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Keep fighting it.  Never quit.  

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:14:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Hope you recover man. Not even 13’ers deserve cancer
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:14:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By hawktheslayer:
BACKGROUND:

Early last year, I found this weird little bump under my knee...it grew and was painful, told my doc--and was diagnosed with bursitis.  But it hurt BAD.  Doc wouldn't give me pain meds.  It grew.  Got x-rayed.  Looked like a big sac of fluid. Given anti-inflammatory but no pain meds.  Pain was ridiculous.  Finally got an ortho doc to pull fluid out.  Guess what?  No fluid.  But...from those needle holes grew these giant flesh mushrooms.  Doc decides to cut the bursa out.  Only..it got worse and while on the operating table, the doc said he was taking biopsies instead and cut the "tumor" in half and left it open to the air making me do wet-to-dry gauze changes for a month until the cancer removal surgery.  Long story short, cancer is a "undifferentiated pleomorphic sarcoma" and it moved from my leg to my lungs, where it spread multiple tumors and as of a couple of days ago (2 chemo sessions in) spread to my right ventricle (my heart).  I'm upset and waiting for a cardiac MRI in the coming days.

Very stressed and lonely every night as my wife (Has been busting her ass caring for me because I can't walk) gets in bed super early and I'm in another room staring at a TV or the ceiling.  It's rough brothers...make no mistake.  I do want to throw a shout out to some members here who have come to visit and hang out, it means a lot.

At any rate...I'll try to get online again when I can.  If not, it's been nice knowing and laughing at a lot of you guys.  

View Quote

Holy shit. God bless you OP. Praying for you is about all I can realistically do.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:14:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Fellow 13’r, we’re all praying and pulling for you.

Stomp a mud hole in that cancer’s ass.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:14:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mikepiet] [#36]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By usp4u:
Time to get mean.  

I believe that you are tougher than that diagnosis.  

Go hard, fight with hatred, do not acknowledge failure.

Fight for that wife, fight for that family, fight to see Biden lose, fight to impress the Docs.

Prayers never hurt...and you got mine.

There are cancer survivors 'crowned' every single day....be the next one.
View Quote

Couldn't have said it any better. I remember when I was young, watching Jimmy Valvano's 'Don't give up ... Don't ever give up!'

It has stayed with me for years

Jim Valvano's inspiring ‘Don’t give up ... Don’t ever give up!’ speech at The ESPYS | ESPN Archive

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:16:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Prayers out Brother.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:27:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Prayers to you brother.

Don't give up, I know a guy who went through that type of cancer 20-30 years ago. I just talked to him today.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:32:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lurk-king] [#39]
Said a prayer for you tonight sir. The bible says that God loves you so much that he came down to earth and took all the punishment that could have fallen upon you for your sins and mistakes and Jesus laid them upon himself when he died on the cross.  That wasnt the end, Jesus rose from the grave and walked with his friends and was seen by many others in Jerusalem.  This was to show that there is life after death and that if we are with Jesus before death, then we will be alive with him after death as well.  

If you go before us, go with Jesus and we will meet you on the otherside.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:35:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TimeIsMoney] [#40]
Sorry brochacho, stay positive.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:37:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Prayers  offered up for you  and your  family sir.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:43:29 AM EDT
[#42]

Fuck cancer!

Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:44:08 AM EDT
[#43]
I had to do the gauze changes before, and I'm sure the nurse thought I was a pussy. I only did it every other day. (of the required 1x a day) My "open" wound required 6ft or so of their tape gauze to be stuck it with a stick. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Fuck cancer, stay strong, you're talking to the right community. I'm tired of doctors turning the "right" people away from pain meds because the abusers have abused them. I spent a night in the hospital refusing morphine because it didn't help and they thought I was asking for stronger stuff because I was a looking for meds. But no, that shit hurt. I couldn't walk to the bathroom it hurt so much.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:45:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:47:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Geez man. Ugh.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:47:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Hard to read.

But it hasn't claimed you, not yet. Stay as positive as you possibly can.

You and your wife will be in my prayers.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:55:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By @Lungbuster:
Good luck OP.

My wife was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer 12/2016. She was told she was terminal and to work on her bucket list.

She beat it and has been in remission for almost 4 years.

Fuck cancer.
View Quote

Glad she beat it.  What treatment did she use?

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:59:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Praying for you and your wife.  

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:01:37 AM EDT
[#49]
prayers sent bro, you'll beat the shit hang in there and chill.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:31:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Man, i truly hate this for your family.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top