Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I have zero advice that carries any weight other than this:  Do whatever you can that works and helps heal you, and use this to motivate you to spend quality time with those you love and love you.

Be well.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:09:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Prayers lifted, brother.  Take a steady strain on it.  Fuck cancer!
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Miriasdad:
Lord, I ask you to be with our brother Hawk. Grant him strength for the fight. Bring your peace to him, and all those who love him. Guide his medical team to the best treatment for him. In Jesus name, amen.

View Quote

Once more
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:27:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Fight as hard as you can. You have an army behind you.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:27:56 PM EDT
[#5]
We have a team of prayer warriors praying for you and your family…. Have you taken your burden to the Lord?

I don’t know why bad things happen to good people and vice versa…. God has a plan, stay faithful and turn to Him.

Praying you and your family know Christ and will draw closer to Him through this terrible event in your life.

Hang in there,

Respectfully
Shootsenmeister
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:31:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By hawktheslayer:
BACKGROUND:

Early last year, I found this weird little bump under my knee...it grew and was painful, told my doc--and was diagnosed with bursitis.  But it hurt BAD.  Doc wouldn't give me pain meds.  It grew.  Got x-rayed.  Looked like a big sac of fluid. Given anti-inflammatory but no pain meds.  Pain was ridiculous.  Finally got an ortho doc to pull fluid out.  Guess what?  No fluid.  But...from those needle holes grew these giant flesh mushrooms.  Doc decides to cut the bursa out.  Only..it got worse and while on the operating table, the doc said he was taking biopsies instead and cut the "tumor" in half and left it open to the air making me do wet-to-dry gauze changes for a month until the cancer removal surgery.  Long story short, cancer is a "undifferentiated pleomorphic sarcoma" and it moved from my leg to my lungs, where it spread multiple tumors and as of a couple of days ago (2 chemo sessions in) spread to my right ventricle (my heart).  I'm upset and waiting for a cardiac MRI in the coming days.

Very stressed and lonely every night as my wife (Has been busting her ass caring for me because I can't walk) gets in bed super early and I'm in another room staring at a TV or the ceiling.  It's rough brothers...make no mistake.  I do want to throw a shout out to some members here who have come to visit and hang out, it means a lot.

At any rate...I'll try to get online again when I can.  If not, it's been nice knowing and laughing at a lot of you guys.  

View Quote

Holy shit.  I'll pray for you.  I'm very sorry to read this.

Posting to ask your wife (You just concentrate on your recovery) to ask around for a medical malpractice attorney.  Your story sounds like an abominable failure to meet the standard of care.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:38:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By buckshot_jim:
Fuck cancer. I'm praying for you OP.
View Quote

This right here.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:40:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ar15joe:

Glad she beat it.  What treatment did she use?

View Quote

Immunotherapy. The drug was Keytruda.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:40:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Miriasdad:
Lord, I ask you to be with our brother Hawk. Grant him strength for the fight. Bring your peace to him, and all those who love him. Guide his medical team to the best treatment for him. In Jesus name, amen.

View Quote

I'm not good with words, so I will second this(or 3rd, or whatever). I hope you find a good treatment and beat it, that's a tough diagnosis to hear.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:43:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:50:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn brother. Prayers to you and your family. Such an indiscriminate disease. Fuck cancer.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:42:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Brothers.....thank all of you for your kind words and advice.  They/it has not fallen on deaf ears.
I'm not much of an emotional man...don't really cry at all.  Maybe a handful of times since my teens.  Let me tell you something, every time someone tells me that they're "praying for me" and such, it's like waterfalls of tears.   I'm crying right now as I type this, as perfect strangers let me know that they're both praying for me and referring me to inspirational biblical verses.

Guys....all of you (even though I have only met a handful of you) mean a lot to me right now as my support group continues to grow.  I don't have social media, but my wife does and people I haven't seen/heard from in 20-30 years are reaching out/have come to visit me.  Being bed-bound, I can't begin to explain to you guys how much it means to hear not only from friends but from "strangers" from the GD forums.  All of you....the PMs, the well-wishers; it means so very much to me and I would humbly ask you for your continued prayers as I am so very desperate for moral assistance in my fight to stay alive.  Thanks again for everything guys and your support means everything to me.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:48:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:51:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Holy crap that’s horrible news.

I would say it’s hard to believe the doctors let it go that long but my dad is fighting cancer now and nothing surprises me anymore.

Hang  in there buddy!
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:48:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Prayers inbound for you all. F C with a baseball bat wrapped in rusty barbed wire.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Prayers are still inbound to your location. And Fuck Cancer.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 10:57:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Prayers sent Brother.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Brothers.....thank all of you for your kind words and advice.  They/it has not fallen on deaf ears.
I'm not much of an emotional man...don't really cry at all.  Maybe a handful of times since my teens.  Let me tell you something, every time someone tells me that they're "praying for me" and such, it's like waterfalls of tears.   I'm crying right now as I type this, as perfect strangers let me know that they're both praying for me and referring me to inspirational biblical verses.

Guys....all of you (even though I have only met a handful of you) mean a lot to me right now as my support group continues to grow.  I don't have social media, but my wife does and people I haven't seen/heard from in 20-30 years are reaching out/have come to visit me.  Being bed-bound, I can't begin to explain to you guys how much it means to hear not only from friends but from "strangers" from the GD forums.  All of you....the PMs, the well-wishers; it means so very much to me and I would humbly ask you for your continued prayers as I am so very desperate for moral assistance in my fight to stay alive.  Thanks again for everything guys and your support means everything to me.
View Quote

Praying for you and your family during this.

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Hang in there. I know that feeling of being alone late at night. I was working 60 hours a week in between surgeries and while doing chemo. My wife was exhausted taking care of me and I got maybe 3-4 hours of sleep a night. The stress and fear kept me awake. Spent a lot of time crying into a pillow so I didn't wake her, and she spent a lot of time crying while I was working. Don't know how we survived it to be honest. I had a terminal diagnosis and wasn't supposed to make it a year. I've been cancer free for five years this month. In fact it was five years ago this past Saturday. Never give up hope.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Hang in there brother.  Keep fighting.  I'll keep you in my prayers.

Don't give up.  Don't ever give up.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#21]
OP, I hate to read your news. Cancer is the scariest word in the English language. I’ll keep you, your family and friends, your care team, etc in my thoughts and prayers. Focus on what’s most important to you.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:22:04 AM EDT
[#22]
You can beat this man. Don't let it defeat you before the battles are over.
My younger sister has been fighting a very aggressive lung and brain cancer. I have faith that the mind can defeat this fucking disease.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:24:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
Hang in there. I know that feeling of being alone late at night. I was working 60 hours a week in between surgeries and while doing chemo. My wife was exhausted taking care of me and I got maybe 3-4 hours of sleep a night. The stress and fear kept me awake. Spent a lot of time crying into a pillow so I didn't wake her, and she spent a lot of time crying while I was working. Don't know how we survived it to be honest. I had a terminal diagnosis and wasn't supposed to make it a year. I've been cancer free for five years this month. In fact it was five years ago this past Saturday. Never give up hope.
View Quote

Yes, Hiram. I remember that time when you were talking about it on the forum. I was really worried about you, you are one of the main people fighting for the gun rights in NYS. Thank Gd you made it through (knock on wood).

OP, hang in there. We are rooting for you.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Hang in there hawk.  Our God is greater than any cancer diagnosis.  It's not over until it's over.  Praying for healing, hope, and peace for you and yours.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:16:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Continuing to pray Hawk.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Praying for you bud.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:55:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Last year, March 20th, my wife got the diagnosis of stage 3 breast cancer.

It was a hard time. She has had a hard year, but she has endured chemo, surgery, and radiation, and is back at work again. Her last infusion is scheduled for exactly one year later, next Wednesday, 3/20. She is weaker than before, but I know she is improving and her stamina is getting better.

Unlike you and many, I am a cryer, whether happy, sad, or mad. Can't even watch a movie if a dog dies. Since her diagnosis, I've cried in front of my wife and when she hasn't known. I've also been there for every chemo and nearly every doctor visit.

There are a lot of people here that have been in both yours and my shoes. I, we, don't know you, but we care. Empathy or sympathy, we know it hurts.

Keep up the fight and keep us updated. Best wishes to you, those around you, and those caring for you.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Prayer sent for strength and healing for you.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 1:13:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Prayers from PA. FUCK CANCER!
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:23:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Praying for you.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:45:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Hang in there Hawk!  Sending prayers your way.  Fuck this disease.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 8:17:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Dose anyone have a update?
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 9:39:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Log out and log back in @hawktheslayer

Bronze on me  brother
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Praying for you Hawk.  Been thinking of you.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:08:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Scrote:
Log out and log back in @hawktheslayer

Bronze on me  brother
View Quote

Solid move.  Solid move
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:34:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:50:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Praying for you brother. Put it in the Lord's hands, NOTHING is over until HE says its over.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:58:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Praying for you.  Praying for the Lord to give you strength, peace, and revelation.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:15:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Kick its ass Hawk!
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:22:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:24:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Keep up the fight Hawk.  God bless you.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#44]
I actually cried while reading this. So horrible and unfair. We are so very fragile, we think we are going to live forever but we're not.
Praying for you. Hang in there. There is so much more that I would say but its just going to stir controversy so I'll keep my thoughts
on what comes after this to myself. The only thing I will say is that this is not the end. Many, many NDE stories out there and amazing
videos on YouTube.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:58:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Prayers for you and your family. We believe in prayer and the importance of Jesus. As Easter approaches, there is hope.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Prayers up.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Stay strong Hawk.  Prayers sent for you and your loved ones.  The power of positive thinking is very strong.  Stay strong!!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Continued prayers brother.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:15:07 PM EDT
[#49]
If I was closer, I would come visit you. Best to you OP. I’ll pray for you and your family.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Praying for you and your wife Hawk.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top