Fight like hell!!!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:25:14 PM EDT
[#2]
You have a good woman there.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:29:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Trout_Hunter:
Prayers for you and your family. We believe in prayer and the importance of Jesus. As Easter approaches, there is hope.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:29:39 PM EDT
[#4]
How you doing Hawk? We are thinking of you and continuing to send prayers your way.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:30:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Prayers for you and your family.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:35:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Praying for you and yours. Never give up and never give up hope!
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Prayers for you and your wife.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:22:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ztug] [#8]
I feel your pain, I have stage 4 metastatic prostate cancer that ended up in my lungs too. They took out my prostate found that it had gone to one of my lymph nodes and to bother lungs. The medicine I'm on right now works very well until it stops working after about 3 years of use and I've already been on it for two but then it's hope for new cure to be discovered or go with everything and anything that might help but probably won't. I have statisticaly a 5% chance of being alive 5 years after being diagnose diagnosed. At least I got to walk my daughterdown the aisle this weekend.
Good luck
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:31:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Praying for you sir, and for your wife. I don’t really know what to say except just know that Jesus loves you, despite all that you’re going through, he really does.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:39:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm so sorry. Praying for you and your family.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:51:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ztug:
I feel your pain, I have stage 4 metastatic prostate cancer that ended up in my lungs too. They took out my prostate found that it had gone to one of my lymph nodes and to bother lungs. The medicine I'm on right now works very well until it stops working after about 3 years of use and I've already been on it for two but then it's hope for new cure to be discovered or go with everything and anything that might help but probably won't. I have statisticaly a 5% chance of being alive 5 years after being diagnose diagnosed. At least I got to walk my daughterdown the aisle this weekend.
Good luck
View Quote

Keep the faith @ztug. I'm not so bad, but on the same ride...a drug that works until it doesn't, and in the meantime the research marches on. Just have to believe they'll find a cure before the clock runs down.

A welfare check on Hawk would be a boost. Anybody on his hometown forum? Hawk, lots of us in your corner praying for you. Be strong my brother.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#12]
So sorry man. I don't know how I'd face something like this.

Hoping for the best possible outcome.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:07:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Good luck
View Quote

That is a huge gift brother.

Put differently, you got to experience a once in a lifetime event with more appreciation than most. I fully realize this sentence doesn't offset your life plans, your desires, nor your plans to be with the kids. However you did get to experience the same thing many men have experienced but with a profound appreciation for the tradition.

I wish you all the best, good health and may your plan be the same as the one God has for you.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I am sorry OP that is crazy.

It’s my experience that doctors are pretty worthless these days.

I wish it was caught sooner and this didn’t happen.

Prayers to you are your family
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:11:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Good luck
View Quote

I am sorry man prayers your way as well that’s rough.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:13:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By USA1st:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By USA1st:
I feel your pain, I have stage 4 metastatic prostate cancer that ended up in my lungs too. They took out my prostate found that it had gone to one of my lymph nodes and to both lungs. The medicine I'm on right now works very well until it stops working after about 3 years of use and I've already been on it for two but then it's hope for new cure to be discovered or go with everything and anything that might help but probably won't. I have statisticaly a 5% chance of being alive 5 years after being diagnose diagnosed. At least I got to walk my daughterdown the aisle this weekend.
Good luck

Thank you
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:46:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Good luck
View Quote

Damn, your post is almost identical to my story. I had my prostate removed 10 years ago, but no on told me it could return. I did a normal blood lab one day. almost two years ago, and a few days later the doc called and said there was a mistake made, that my PSA was at 81. We chuckled and I said I'll be in Friday and we'll do another. The following Tuesday, he called again and said "no mistake, your PSA is now 121, you are blowing up inside and we need to see someone and get some meds started" Lymph Nodes in the groin were loaded, I have 2 spots on my liver and one in the right lung. The doc gave me an expiration estimate date, and I passed that last August.
As you are, I'm getting injections that subdue the symptoms, but do nothing for the cancer. Doc says one day the injections won't work, and we hope we have another solution by then.

OP, do not give up. With so many doctors and visits, I hear so many good stories of people going on for years. A good friend of mine was given 1 1/2 years with lung cancer 10 years ago, he made it to Christmas last year, another friend, esophagus cancer. still going strong 2 1/2 years after diagnosis. Best wishes to you. I'll keep you and ztug in my thoughts.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:02:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Prayers sent!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:19:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Continuous thoughts and prayers sent.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:02:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Still in my thoughts and prayers OP.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:34:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Prayers for you, OP.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:55:09 AM EDT
[#22]
I’m so sorry. What a horrible turn of events.

You have my best wishes and I hope that you remain strong and beat this horrible disease.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:10:00 AM EDT
[#23]
@hawktheslayer

Much love and best of luck to you sir……praying for you and your fam.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:20:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Prayers to you and your family Hawk. Hang in there because new treatments are coming out every year.

Prayers to ztug and his family also.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:23:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: swolliepop] [#25]
bump for am folks and hopefully update from hawk.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 4:29:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By swolliepop:
bump for am folks and hopefully update from hawk.
View Quote

Agreed - bump again to anyone that might know hawk or have any info. Prayed with my son for you last night sir, and will again tonight. Wishing you only the best.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:02:58 AM EDT
[#27]
OP sent an IM...last week, let me know...cancer sucks...Ask GOD for help...he can help mentally...praying for you
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:04:50 AM EDT
[#28]
another bumpski for anyone that knows hawk IRL.

hope he’s doing ok.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:23:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Sorry to hear that.  It is indeed a damned disease and very difficult to deal with, mostly because the many different types require different treatments and what sometimes works well for some doesn't work for others.  Personal experience.

You are blessed with a great wife.  Remember to show your appreciation to her every time you can.

As far as your cancer, are you able to travel and go to the MD Anderson Center in Houston?  I've had a great experience there.  Also because they see thousands of patients from everywhere, they have a much better pool to check viable treatments.  There might even be new treatments available to them still not available everywhere.  Start with giving them a call.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:48:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By marlinfan:
Despite the doomers, every day on this planet is a blessing.

I hope you can fight, and if you can’t fight…I hope you are granted peace.
View Quote

Plus 1
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:23:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By swolliepop:
another bumpski for anyone that knows hawk IRL.

hope he’s doing ok.
View Quote

Here's another. Hope he's ok.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:16:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Fight like hell OP.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:58:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#33]
Originally Posted By Rossi:
Sorry to hear that.  It is indeed a damned disease and very difficult to deal with, mostly because the many different types require different treatments and what sometimes works well for some doesn't work for others.  Personal experience.

You are blessed with a great wife.  Remember to show your appreciation to her every time you can.

As far as your cancer, are you able to travel and go to the MD Anderson Center in Houston?  I've had a great experience there.  Also because they see thousands of patients from everywhere, they have a much better pool to check viable treatments.  There might even be new treatments available to them still not available everywhere.  Start with giving them a call.
View Quote

What it is, is your own cells are stuck in their immature blast phase & inexplicably don't switch to mature state, just keep growing in perpetuity. Normal immune system response should kill them, but also inexplicably, do not. There's an experimental interventional technique call differentiation therapy which forces the blast cells to switch into mature state & "differentiation" because all blast cells are common in growth phase, but then mature & differentiate to their specific tissue type.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:20:11 PM EDT
[#34]
So sorry man. Prayers out for you and your family.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Prayers for you bud.

Makes me so mad when doctors are such incurious worthless ass bags.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:43:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By hawktheslayer:
Brothers.....thank all of you for your kind words and advice.  They/it has not fallen on deaf ears.
I'm not much of an emotional man...don't really cry at all.  Maybe a handful of times since my teens.  Let me tell you something, every time someone tells me that they're "praying for me" and such, it's like waterfalls of tears.   I'm crying right now as I type this, as perfect strangers let me know that they're both praying for me and referring me to inspirational biblical verses.

Guys....all of you (even though I have only met a handful of you) mean a lot to me right now as my support group continues to grow.  I don't have social media, but my wife does and people I haven't seen/heard from in 20-30 years are reaching out/have come to visit me.  Being bed-bound, I can't begin to explain to you guys how much it means to hear not only from friends but from "strangers" from the GD forums.  All of you....the PMs, the well-wishers; it means so very much to me and I would humbly ask you for your continued prayers as I am so very desperate for moral assistance in my fight to stay alive.  Thanks again for everything guys and your support means everything to me.
View Quote

Hang in man.  Whatever you do, do NOT allow defeatism to creep into your heart!  Fight like hell and believe you are coming out the other side of it.  The mental game is key.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:22:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Hang in there Brother. I know what you're going through. I'm currently fighting my own battle with Stage 4 Colon Cancer. The Docs gave me 2 to 9 months to live WITH treatment, but I'm still here 18 months later. Support and keeping a positive outlook is absolutely KEY in my opinion! Keep your chin up and fight like hell! I'm here if you ever need someone to chat with.

#FCancer

Steve
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:34:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Damn... some tough stories in this thread. I admire how well some of you seem to be taking it. You are living examples of grit and gratitude. I'm praying for you all. If your cancer is guaranteed terminal, love up on your family. Nothing else really matters.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:40:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Prayers sent.  Hang in there.  Men in my family tend to stroke out - nobody has had to deal with C.  At least with stroking out have had 3 generations of going strong within the last minutes.  Only problem is I am rapidly getting near their age.  My wife's family - father in law died at his desk at the office - so my son's have no better odds.  My main hope is I can last to their mid 20's.  I'm in decent shape, but so was my grandfather (died on his way home from a party), so was my father (died right after he came home from work), so was my great uncle (died on his way home from a party).

The clock is already set - do the best you can with what you have.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 6:30:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Prayers sent my friend.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 6:44:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Virtually nobody in my Dad's gene pool has ever had heart disease, we make up for it with a cancer a diagnosis.

I'm a 3.5-year prostate cancer survivor, currently suffering from bone pain that is much worse than normal. I've been posting online early in the morning because the pain makes it impossible to sleep through the night.

Nobody gets out alive. I am currently trying to downsize my estate, so my extended family doesn't have to deal with so many accumulated earthly goods when I expire.

The only pain medication that has ever worked for me is Valium. Good luck finding a doctor that will prescribe that! I am eating aspirin and ibuprofen daily. Narcotic pain med side effects are horrible IMO, unless you don't mind five days in a row of constipation.

Getting old is not for sissies.
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top