User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 2:23:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BoRdErBaCoN:
@goatboy

Is there any way we could get a feedback button left for ad posts?

I know the idea is to use the "offer button" - but it doesn't seem to be happening.  Can't seem to leave feedback or receive any for those who haven't used the new button.

View Quote

I can’t leave feedback for a seller either. It is marked closed but gives me no feedback option. The seller left me feedback.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 5:38:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: grondike] [#2]
@GoatBoy @Stylz

I just noticed a weird issue in Messenger on the automatic message from the new EE when someone makes an offer. It displays the same on multiple desktop browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Edge and Safari), along with Safari on my iPad. As you can see from the screenshot below, the date value shows in the To: field, the subject shows in the Date: field, and the Subject: field is blank. Clicking reply seems to move things to the correct location, so it only appears to be a display bug on the initial window.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:05:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Donut777donut:

I can't leave feedback for a seller either. It is marked closed but gives me no feedback option. The seller left me feedback.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
@goatboy

I know the idea is to use the "offer button" - but it doesn't seem to be happening.  Can't seem to leave feedback or receive any for those who haven't used the new button.

I can't leave feedback for a seller either. It is marked closed but gives me no feedback option. The seller left me feedback.
I haven't completed feedback as a buyer yet, so this is an educated guess from seeing it on the seller view.

Click on My Tools from any new EE Window, then click Purchases. Assuming it's set up similar to the Sold items view for sellers, you should see a list of items that you purchased. On the right side of the list, you should see a green + sign to the right of the seller's name (under the action column) which you can click to bring up the feedback window.

Here's what the sellers view looks like.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:36:57 AM EDT
[#4]
@goatboy

Is there any way we could get a feedback button back for ad posts?

View Quote

Yeah, I had that happen too, guy told me via IM that he'd take it, arranged shipping quote, then he wouldn't use the make offer button, had to "close" the ad, no chance for feedback.  Seems like a flaw in the system.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:29:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#5]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:59:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SERVED_USMC] [#6]
Did the make offer/accept offer between myself and the other party. Went to leave feedback and got this message.
Attachment Attached File

Hopefully we can get this streamlined or feedback scores will go the way of the dinosaur.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:39:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SERVED_USMC:
Did the make offer/accept offer between myself and the other party. Went to leave feedback and got this message.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/135766/1203F050-B889-40A5-9997-736D5E146435_jpe-3162534.JPG

Hopefully we can get this streamlined or feedback scores will go the way of the dinosaur.
View Quote
Did you click the green + sign next to the seller's name in your 'Sold' listings? I think that's where it will show, even though you posted a WTB rather than a sale ad. ( @Goatboy @Stylz - maybe that should be changed to 'Completed'?)

I haven't submitted feedback yet for the one item that I put for sale, but when click it for the transaction I'm in the middle of, I get a popup which looks like the old style feedback page. If that's where your seeing it, that sounds more like a bug. It's working ok on my phone.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:47:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By grondike:
Did you click the green + sign next to the seller's name in your 'Sold' listings? I think that's where it will show, even though you posted a WTB rather than a sale ad. ( @Goatboy @Stylz - maybe that should be changed to 'Completed'?)

I haven't submitted feedback yet for the one item that I put for sale, but when click it for the transaction I'm in the middle of, I get a popup which looks like the old style feedback page. If that's where your seeing it, that sounds more like a bug. It's working ok on my phone.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/622/feedback2-3162623.jpg
View Quote

Yep. Hit green + and went through feedback steps. I just went back to go under my sold listings and try again (maybe I clicked closed listing or something?) just in case that was the reason for the error, but I’m not even showing that thread under any of those options anymore so I can’t try.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:26:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Yep. Hit green + and went through feedback steps. I just went back to go under my sold listings and try again (maybe I clicked closed listing or something?) just in case that was the reason for the error, but I'm not even showing that thread under any of those options anymore so I can't try.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/622/feedback2-3162623.jpg

Yep. Hit green + and went through feedback steps. I just went back to go under my sold listings and try again (maybe I clicked closed listing or something?) just in case that was the reason for the error, but I'm not even showing that thread under any of those options anymore so I can't try.
That's pretty weird. It sounds like your post got deleted. I'm not sure what kind of back-end access the mods and staff have yet, but I'd suggest posting in the EE Help forum.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/EE-Help-Tips-and-How-To/127/
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:10:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blain] [#10]
Originally Posted By GoatBoy:

- Bumping is a thing of the past as items will be "auto" renewed on a set timer.
View Quote

That's a problem.  As a seller, I want to bump during certain days / times.  Not just the soonest available.  This will actually mandate posting ads on certain days / times to obtain optimal posting presence for the auto bumping system.

Also, I just tried posting a listing with this new system, and I was only allowed 5 images?

How am I supposed to recreate old listings that have multiple items when I am restricted to only a few images per listing and one listed price?  This will make it impossible to post detailed photos for each.  

Can you embed url images in the body of the listing in addition to the AR15 uploaded pictures?  Also, the "arrow image bump" thing isn't working.  I tried to move the image I wanted to the "hero" image spot by pressing the up arrows (can't just click and drag in 2024?) and nothing changed, no images moved...

Also, where do I go to reference my listings if I need to update a description, picture, or need to leave feedback?  Previously, my sales posts would be available under the "My EE Sales" section.  Now that is going away, how am I supposed to manage my listings?  

Please @me if you respond.
Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:28:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSeric02] [#11]
Originally Posted By Blain:

That's a problem.  As a seller, I want to bump during certain days / times.  Not just the soonest available.  This will actually mandate posting ads on certain days / times to obtain optimal posting presence for the auto bumping system.

Also, I just tried posting a listing with this new system, and I was only allowed 5 images?

How am I supposed to recreate old listings that have multiple items when I am restricted to only a few images per listing and one listed price?  This will make it impossible to post detailed photos for each.  

Can you embed url images in the body of the listing in addition to the AR15 uploaded pictures?  Also, the "arrow image bump" thing isn't working.  I tried to move the image I wanted to the "hero" image spot by pressing the up arrows (can't just click and drag in 2024?) and nothing changed, no images moved...

Also, where do I go to reference my listings if I need to update a description, picture, or need to leave feedback?  Previously, my sales posts would be available under the "My EE Sales" section.  Now that is going away, how am I supposed to manage my listings?  

Please @me if you respond.
Thank you.
View Quote

Yep, this automated EE is a mess for sellers. In fact, it sucks. A simple, easy to use market place was borked by good intentions and the great idea fairy.

Yes, you can still embed photos in the text of your ad. You won't lose resolution and you won't lose control of you IP. The problem is, many buyers won't see a photo in your ad and skip it by because they don't realize this either.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:37:54 PM EDT
[#12]
@GoatBoy

Posting a pictorial on the "How To" would be in the best interest of the group.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I haven't completed feedback as a buyer yet, so this is an educated guess from seeing it on the seller view.

Click on My Tools from any new EE Window, then click Purchases. Assuming it's set up similar to the Sold items view for sellers, you should see a list of items that you purchased. On the right side of the list, you should see a green + sign to the right of the seller's name (under the action column) which you can click to bring up the feedback window.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/622/feedback-3162416.jpg
View All Quotes
@goatboy

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/622/feedback-3162416.jpg

It shows my offer but not my purchase being accepted. It only shows up with offers and no feedback/plus option.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 2:54:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#15]

We will hopefully have something up today with a very simple HOW TO documented.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:44:13 PM EDT
[#16]
@GoatBoy

What is the threshold for when a WTB ad will automatically bump? The WTB section is 3 pages long at this point and my ad is back on the first page that was posted and was several days ago.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 6:58:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Will we see a revamp of the current EE rules page
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:03:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:
Will we see a revamp of the current EE rules page
View Quote

Needs to be as we've taken the casual "how about $87" offer to a legit "I'll take it" which has ban worthy attachments to it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:31:19 AM EDT
[#19]
When will the menu links be directed to the new EE?  The new EE is comparatively hard to find.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:06:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Nate19:
@GoatBoy

What is the threshold for when a WTB ad will automatically bump? The WTB section is 3 pages long at this point and my ad is back on the first page that was posted and was several days ago.
View Quote

@GoatBoy I second this. It would be nice to know what the timeframe is for automatic bumps. I like to bump my ads now with a price reduction, but without knowing the timing, it's a useless endeavor.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:15:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Please add a feedback option that is easy to use
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 2:31:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Would it be possible to post a brief tutorial on the proper workflow for making trades in the new EE, covering things like making trade offers, accepting trade offers, and leaving feedback for trades?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:03:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Decoy211] [#23]
comment moved to the appropriate listing, the TLDR is this is a step backwards and unnecessary
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:56:50 AM EDT
[#24]
I sold an item on the new EE last week. Missed a few steps because it’s a new thing, I closed the listing because there was no other option as we missed the offer button. Now I can’t leave feedback for the buyer as he didn’t hit the offer button & I, obviously didn’t hit the accept button, so now there is no place to leave feedback.

I IM’d one of the EE mods last week & haven't heard back.

Can someone open the feedback buttons on my EE sale?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:05:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Dangermouse78:
I sold an item on the new EE last week. Missed a few steps because it's a new thing, I closed the listing because there was no other option as we missed the offer button. Now I can't leave feedback for the buyer as he didn't hit the offer button & I, obviously didn't hit the accept button, so now there is no place to leave feedback.

I IM'd one of the EE mods last week & haven't heard back.

View Quote
I know that in the old EE, moderators had the power to reopen closed ads. Try reporting your ad to bring it to their attention and ask that it be reopened, then your buyer can click the make offer button and you can accept.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:25:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#26]
Once implemented will existing feedback read "OLD FEEDBACK IMPORT" as with the previous change?

And if that is not the plan, can it?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 1:19:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 2:12:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By sheltot:

@Dangermouse78 - I've reopened your ad.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sheltot:
I sold an item on the new EE last week. Missed a few steps because it’s a new thing, I closed the listing because there was no other option as we missed the offer button. Now I can’t leave feedback for the buyer as he didn’t hit the offer button & I, obviously didn’t hit the accept button, so now there is no place to leave feedback.

@Dangermouse78 - I've reopened your ad.

Thank you.

I know that in the old EE, moderators had the power to reopen closed ads. Try reporting your ad to bring it to their attention and ask that it be reopened, then your buyer can click the make offer button and you can accept.

They got me. Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 2:13:32 PM EDT
[#29]
I like it, just made my first purchase.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:30:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Still no answer on when ads bump automatically?
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 1:31:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Nate19:
Still no answer on when ads bump automatically?
View Quote

Been 11 days for the first one I posted on the new EE, and it is buried 6 pages deep. No auto-bumping.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 2:57:33 AM EDT
[#32]
She's dead Jim.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 6:25:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Shouldn't have closed my old EE ads. At least those could be found.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:15:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By BD46:

Been 11 days for the first one I posted on the new EE, and it is buried 6 pages deep. No auto-bumping.
View Quote

Maybe you will now have to be a platinum member to get ads to bump before the 2 week mark.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:43:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 4:38:00 PM EDT
[#36]
This new EE was not designed to be easy.

I did a big gun stuff clean up and purge today. I have a couple high dollar things I want to buy.

Under the old EE I'd have made 4 ads each containing multiple things, it would be easy to manage.
Under the new EE I would need to make 30 different ads.

I'm going to end up just posting 1 or 2 things at a time, maybe. Still haven't decided if its worth the effort.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 4:51:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#37]
Originally Posted By Bye_Felicia:

I did a big gun stuff clean up and purge today. I have a couple high dollar things I want to buy.

Under the old EE I'd have made 4 ads each containing multiple things, it would be easy to manage.

I'm going to end up just posting 1 or 2 things at a time, maybe. Still haven't decided if its worth the effort.
View Quote

I had a bunch of stuff to list as well, I started to do make ads and came to the realization that it was a pain in the ass and not worth my time. I'll just hold on to stuff or sale it locally.
At this point, ive stopped looking at the ee entirely which is unfortunate because I've spent quite a bit of my time here browsing it and dealing in it.
It was and has been a huge factor in me paying to be a member here and at this point I'll probably let that lapse as well.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Mindfull:

I had a bunch of stuff to list as well, I started to do make ads and came to the realization that it was a pain in the ass and not worth my time. I'll just hold on to stuff or sale it locally.
At this point, ive stopped looking at the ee entirely which is unfortunate because I've spent quite a bit of my time here browsing it and dealing in it.
It was and has been a huge factor in me paying to be a member here and at this point I'll probably let that lapse as well.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mindfull:

I'm really curious how EE traffic (new posts and views) has been since the switch over.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#39]

I'm really curious how EE traffic (new posts and views) has been since the switch over.
View Quote

Since all the Equipment Exchange links on the site go to the old EE, not the new one, that would indeed be interesting.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Listed up some stuff. Let's see how it goes.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:52:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:06:33 PM EDT
[#44]

If this hasn't been addressed, email me and I'll get it squared away.
View All Quotes

If this hasn't been addressed, email me and I'll get it squared away.

Sheltot took care of it. Thank you.

Now I just need the dude who bought it to click the offer button, so we can finish the way we were supposed to do it. Lol
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#45]

Because of the way the new system was designed to quickly find listings, bumping was set to 30 days (relisting vs bumping). This has been something being discussed in the other thread and my lack of posting here is due to that. So first, I apologize for not being as active in this thread. Second, we are working on a more condensed timeframe to "bump" listings. Hopefully it will be updated this week. We have been working through issues non-stop, so that's the biggest reason for less posts by me.
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 1:17:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Just read all 9 pages. I have 2 listings on the new side, both were a pain in the ass to do. Not a fan, guess I’ll line up with the other 80% or so of members commenting.

Not once in the past 10 years did I have a serious issue with the EE. This “update” was unnecessary.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 1:38:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 3:00:14 PM EDT
[#48]
I miss the old EE where you could actually list stuff without having to jump through 15 hoops

Why can't we have a choice to use the old better EE and have it use the Amazon AI or whatever to format to the new?

I haven't posted for sale stuff in a while and I'm re-thinking it due to this new "slick Willie" change
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By mustb123:

Not knowing all of the back room details, I would guess it might have been necessary. But, it wasn’t well thought out. I’ve seen it a lot in corporations, a small group of well meaning individuals take on a project without understanding how it will affect the end users. I’m guessing that nobody on the ‘team’ spent any time talking with sellers with large listings. The old EE was very unique in its format. That’s one of the major benefits the old EE had. That is gone with the new EE.

I’m not a computer geek, so I don’t know if it’s salvageable or not. I do know that I’m it’s current form, it’s unworkable for me. Apparently, I’m not alone. I may list a few small lots of brass to keep a presence there, but no way I’m making 50+ listings every few days. I get $2/lb for scrap brass now, I can sell it that way with minimal effort. I would rather continue to sell to my fellow reloaders, but that isn’t possible with the new format, as it is.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mustb123:
Originally Posted By gsd1983:
Just read all 9 pages. I have 2 listings on the new side, both were a pain in the ass to do. Not a fan, guess I’ll line up with the other 80% or so of members commenting.

Not once in the past 10 years did I have a serious issue with the EE. This “update” was unnecessary.

Not knowing all of the back room details, I would guess it might have been necessary. But, it wasn’t well thought out. I’ve seen it a lot in corporations, a small group of well meaning individuals take on a project without understanding how it will affect the end users. I’m guessing that nobody on the ‘team’ spent any time talking with sellers with large listings. The old EE was very unique in its format. That’s one of the major benefits the old EE had. That is gone with the new EE.

I’m not a computer geek, so I don’t know if it’s salvageable or not. I do know that I’m it’s current form, it’s unworkable for me. Apparently, I’m not alone. I may list a few small lots of brass to keep a presence there, but no way I’m making 50+ listings every few days. I get $2/lb for scrap brass now, I can sell it that way with minimal effort. I would rather continue to sell to my fellow reloaders, but that isn’t possible with the new format, as it is.

A select few thinking they know what is good for all are commonly referred to as politicians. And unless ARFCOM has gone full blue hair, we have a particular ideology regarding politicians.

Also, I *had* 2 ads. Just closed them because I don’t want to deal with whatever headache may ensue.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 12:03:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FORDDIESELPOWER] [#50]
When going through the list of ads the ads take up more page space so its hard to quickly scan through a lot of them and you will have to go through more pages to see all of them.  The list length got longer by adding extra info pictures and blank space.  The old way was perfect very condensed, now it is hard to find things and the marketplace causes a lot of frustration.  Also thumbnail pictures in the list are not needed because you cant see the detail anyway.  We just need a text list like it was before.
Also there is about 1/4 less views on new ee listings than the old ones
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top