Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#1]
An acquaintance of mine got into a domestic with his wife.  Shot and killed her and then turned the gun on himself.  He left 2 teenage sons behind.  Tragic loss of life.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:39:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Had Eric Witte as a coworker. Took his wife's last name, Knudsen iirc. Died last year, there were other criminal coworkers but I didn't really interact with them.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Sure, arrested a few.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:43:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:43:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WarDawg] [#5]
My wife’s uncle  shot and killed his girl friend. Did 20 and got out.  My military roommate helped hang a guy. And a childhood friend and neighbor stabbed a guy to death during a satanic ritual.  He got the GEORGIA electric chair.  A coworker acquaintance stabbed a teenager to death on the way to work from a road rage incident.  I’m sure there are some more I haven’t mentioned. Wardawg
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:45:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BoneB1B] [#6]
My wife’s sister dated a guy who murdered his family  ( parents and three siblings) then burned the house down around them
He got the needle.

A guy I knew slightly in HS shot and  killed another guy at a wedding rehearsal dinner.
It was over a petty argument..
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:46:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MajorConversation] [#7]
I knew a guy who shot a man in Reno, get this, just to watch him die.
Update: He ain’t seen the sunshine since I don’t know when
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I knew a guy who killed his girlfriend in a different state, chopped her up, loaded her into a uhaul in garbage bags and brought her back to his place in NY. Neighbors/landlord thought he might be up to something when he was digging a hole in the yard with a backhoe in the middle of the night. I guess he got a little jealous she was talking to other guys. Still locked up as far as I know.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:48:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Guy at work murdered his pregnant wife. I didn't know him very well, but we were all surprised after he did it.

Rumour was the baby might not have been his.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By burnka871:
An uncle is doing life.
View Quote

Aww shit....Thats one I forgot.  

I have a nephew doing life or 60 years iirc.   Allegedly it was his friends with him, he was just there, supposed limited participation, jumped another kid and beat him senseless, stomped him.   The other kids allegedly rolled on my nephew to be the first guy.  The victim was in the hospital weeks before dying and everything switching to murder charges.   I do not believe the nephew’s version unfortunately and neither did the system.  IIRC the victim was the new bf of the nephew’s ex or maybe he was the old bf.  

Anyways they lived on the other coast and I only saw the kid twice in my life as yoots when they came out to visit.  

Kids were wild, ill mannered, ill tempered yoots that took that after their parents.  

Sadly one kid was getting along with less trouble than the more addicted older brother.  The younger one is the one that went up the river, the older one only has done county time as far as I know.   I wrote them off long ago.  It’s funny when the older one sends around a go fund me.......for no real reason, well the real reason is his drug habit.  

I tend to forget they exist out there.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:49:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, more than a few. Related to some, some I grew up with but one in particular was one of my best friends in life. I was playing basketball at a court off of Hawkins Plaza in Akron. This dude got jumped over money on a game, he won and they didn't want to pay. He was getting beat pretty bad so I jumped in and helped him. He asked why I helped him out?? Shit, IDK it looked like you needed help and I can't stand the dudes who jumped you. We became good fiends and he didn't tell me he was in prison for killing someone until 2yrs later. Didn't bother me at all. I trusted that dude with my life. BUT, it was always in the back of my mind if shit went sideways...there would be no talking and I'd have to shoot or stab him

Damn good friend but he went back to prison for murder and died there. I still miss him and wish things had worked out different for him. He sure had an odd way of looking at life.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:50:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Crazyascanbe] [#12]
I used to play Risk with Dominic Tadeo
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:51:20 PM EDT
[#13]
None that I consciously know of, however,  I have no doubt that I've crossed paths with them.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ScottsGT:
About the closest I’ve come was knowing the guy that I sort of witnessed killing the county dog catcher for picking up his hunting dog, with a collar on him, and then had the dog immediately put down at the shelter.  
I knew of him because his wife came to my mom’s ceramics studio at the time.  
I was standing about 75’ away and heard them arguing about it. Then heard the pop from a .22 rifle.  
This was at a friends parents back yard auction barn, back in the early ‘80’s.  Auction nights got pretty heated.

Had an old school buddy I knew from the 5th grade all the way through high school graduation that got murdered, but it was a major coverup.  He got a job as a prison guard at the new prison that was just built. Again, 1980’s.  Apparently he died after he drank too much and fell asleep on the railroad tracks and got hit by a train.  Never mind this guy never touched alcohol any other time in his life and never mind that the railroad tracks were miles from his home and his car. And the guy was high on life because he had just met a girl that took a liking to him.  He was always one of those nerdy guys in high school that girls paid no attention to.  
His brother told me that he had a conversation with him a few days earlier about hearing something he shouldn’t have between inmates.  Wouldn’t repeat it to him, but he didn’t know how to handle the situation and wanted his brothers opinion.
View Quote

It sounds like the inmates accidentally identified a staffer bringing contraband.   Just a hunch.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#15]
It's always the quiet ones. A guy I went to HS with murdered a bunch of family members on Thanksgiving day. He was always quiet and nice in HS. This happened 18 years after graduating. Saw his face and name in the news and I was
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:54:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Halloween, on a Saturday night, my senior year of high school.

Was hanging out with a group of friends an one kept bantering about with his girlfriend, about how well a wet vac cleans up messes. They kept laughing, really obnoxiously.

The were arrested that Monday for a murder for hire/life insurance plot to kill some woman’s husband by beating him to death and dumping the body.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:55:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Yep, known 2 murder victims uncle and step uncle.

Also treated many a murderer, rapist, child abusers, etc when at work.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#18]
yep 4 of them
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:56:45 PM EDT
[#19]
My dad did 5 years in Texas jail for manslaughter. He was driving his 18 wheeler. Some kid and his mom (kid driving had weed in his system) cut my dad off on the highway. Car spun onto incoming traffic and got hit by another truck. They charged my dad. Local town and a close knit jury. Women who died was well known in the community.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:58:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LeadBreakfast] [#20]
A guy I knew growing up with flipped out and killed his baby mama and her new boyfriend. He had a big party not all too long before that with dozens of people at a cabin that a few dozen of us attended; next thing you know he's on the news wanted for murder. He was on the run for a few days - just long enough to get home and tell his folks.

Family still lives here, all good people, but there was one bad apple that fell from that tree. Not sure how many years he has left now. ETA: scratch that, he was convicted of two counts, 1st degree, premeditated...he's a lifer.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:58:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheWhiteHorse] [#21]
Yeah… one of my best friend's older brother’s. When I was young, he was like an older brother to me that I never had. He was so kind, always including us, taking us fishing, baseball games etc. then he went away to college… came back and he was a different person. Bipolar/schitzo kicked in. He was an asshole and downright scary and I avoided him like the plague. Ten years later he knocked on an early 20’s something neighbors door, forced himself in and stabbed her to death with a kitchen knife because “she was so nice she had to be the devil.”

Brutal.

Some kid I went to grade school with (he had to have grown up in a very fucked up home when I look back at it) shot and killed a kid over a jacket when he was 16 and at a different school.

Foster daughter of one of my old bosses was “returned” because she was fucking crazy. 10 years later ended up killing someone with her boyfriend for a few hundred bucks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:59:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Some years back a guy from my elementary school days got mad at his wife and killed her. Threw her in the truck bed and drive off towards town. Got pulled over, went to prison.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:59:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Kid I grew up with was convicted of manslaughter for stabbing a guy in a melee outside a house party. He claimed he was innocent but only his prints were on the knife.

My father was friends a couple of enforcers with a local mob crew. I don't know if they killed anyone but wouldn't be surprised. They were pretty nice guys tho
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:01:11 PM EDT
[#25]
I know a guy in NYC who shot a  garbage business competitor to death. Ex-wife did him in. Did 18 yrs and is on parole.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#26]
During law enforcement training there was a really cocky kid that kept telling everyone that he had a job all lined up and just was kind of a dink. My best friend and I shot on opposite sides of him at the range each session. Again, he was a cocky little prick so my buddy and I screwed with him on shoots.  He shot a H&K, still remember to this day..  My buddy and I would shoot our targets to get a nice hole in the bulls eye. Then we would each take 5 or 6 shot at  the dudes target. We would purposely throw them way outside, and the instructors talked to him about it. We pointed out that he maybe wasn’t all he thought he was and maybe he should change his attitude a bit if he wanted to be a good cop, and good person.
Fast forward a week, and Monday comes. There was a weird vibe coming from the instructors. The director of the program came in, which never happened. We thought that someone had failed a pbt breath test ( they said that they randomly would check people on Mondays to make sure nobody had booze in their system).  Man were we wrong.
The director said that one of our classmates wasn’t going to be joining us anymore and he wanted us to hear it from him before we saw it on the news…
Turns out, Micky Mckeever had shot and killed someone. They were drinking at a party, he was demonstrating pressure points that he had learned. Guy he was doing it to said to knock it off. He didn’t. Guy punches him in the nose. He went home, got  his gun and went back and shot and killed the guy. Fled the scene, called himself in and I believe he got in a standoff with the Police. We saw
It on the news and it was scary to think we were shooting with him, and had been messing with him…..
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:02:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Yes.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:03:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Yup.
Actually 1 "mass murderer"
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seth_Privacky

And one guy that was an accomplice
https://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/2018/01/kevin_bluhm_walks_free_for_his.html

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:03:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Not known but lived near one and one kidnapper.

The kidnapper was back in the late 1960s/early 1970s. The neighbor across the street and two doors down kidnapped the wife of a Chicago bank president and demanded a ransom. I was just a child back then but he got caught and the family lost the home while he was in prison. Rumors also blamed his wife for a hit-n-run where a girl was hit in front of the school hard enough to send her skidding down the street about 50 feet.

The murderer was about 10-years ago. Across the street and four doors down. I came home and there were 20 squad cars up and down the streets in every direction and the crime tape was up. The neighborhood kids filled me in on what happened. The lady had remarried and the new husband was bitching at the 25 year old to get a fucking job so the 25 year old shot his new step dad to death in the front yard in front of God and everyone.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:04:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Yeah, one.

Guy that grew up with us in our area. He was always kind of a loaner and never hung out with our group of friends. When we got to about 13/14 years old he was already hanging out with older people and always hitchhiked everywhere he went. He huffed glue and was always trying to hit people up for money. Time we were 18 or so he looked 35.

He got picked up hitching and the guy wanted to blow him or something. Later it was said he took the guy to a spot in the woods, killed him, robbed him, stuck his body in the trunk and drove the car around for awhile.

I know he was caught and went to prison. I have no idea what happened after that. Mid/late 1970’s.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:05:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Acquainted with, yes, but did not know him well.

Will share story when I land.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:06:07 PM EDT
[#32]
The guy who installed our granite countertops killed his father and did time. His father was abusing his mother and him. He was 17 years old at the time. Eventually the dad came home, and almost killed the mother. He ended up shooting his dad to death and did time for it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:07:09 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't hang out with this friend anymore...it's been 20 years and he moved out of state, but his aunt served time for killing her husband.  She said it was self defense but still did some years.  She was such a nice lady, I didn't believe it but she had newspaper clippings talking about it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#34]
This guy:

https://www.windycitytimes.com/m/APPredirect.php?AID=2453

Part of our circle of friends that hung out at Riis Park, playing softball, drinking beer, chasing girls. I moved away in '80, haven't seen him since. Odd though, as the girls seemed to like him just fine and vice versa.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Dude that used to be part of our "group" choked his girlfriend to death.

So, sadly, I can check that of the list
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:11:46 PM EDT
[#36]
H.S. classmate was an asshole his whole life, wound up murdering a female co-worker that gave him a ride home from work.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:14:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Worked with a guy who beat someone to death in a bay fight years ago. He was apparently an accomplished boxer, and just kept going after the guy. I worked with him after he got out of prison.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:14:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Corvette-Racer] [#38]
Neighbor introduced me to a guy one day.  He seemed like a nice guy.  We rode Harley's together for a while.  Turns out he did 5 years for a drive-by shooting (shot a hood rat).

Knew a guy that was murdered by his son.  I didn't know the son.

Knew a couple of guys that ran an electrical shop.  One's wife was handing him his gun and it "accidently" went off.  She almost got away with it, but it caught up with her about two years later.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Two

One of the guys in the FOP lodge had an argument with his wife. Apparently it wasn't the first time. It was definitely the last. Casually walked upstairs, got his pistol, and emptied it into her.

Second was the stepson of one of my best friends. I actually talked to him after the act (several weeks later). It was pretty surreal once we learned about it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:15:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Yes. He was the inspiration for the "Buffalo Bill" character in "The Silence of the Lambs" and other killers on TV shows.

He was my high school buddy's older brother. He and his family lived in the house behind ours. Their father was a city council member.

https://murderpedia.org/male.H/h1/heidnik-gary.htm

https://criminalminds.fandom.com/wiki/Gary_Heidnik
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Yes, too many

Guy I went to Jr High with ended up a druggie by high school, killed his dealer, got life, don’t know he paroled or is still in.

Thug gangbanger lived a few doors down in my neighborhood, in high school he kidnapped and murdered a guy, piece of shit got parole after about 20yrs.

Met this prick on a hog hunting forum I was an admin on.
Totem Pole killer

The freakiest thing about that is a group of us hunters all got together one weekend to whack hogs for a farmer her in Texas, him included, right after he killed her, we had no idea we were all sleeping in the same bunkhouse with a murderer. Prick is already out on parole

A kid I went to high school with was murdered along with everyone in the house, something about a drug debt by one of the people in the house not the guy I knew, he was just a family member, Didn’t know the perpetrator.

I was a mechanic in Austin for about 30yrs, 2 different employees at a couple different shops turned out to be rapist, both were apprehended after they were fired/quit. Can only remember one’s first name.

Knew several that committed suicide.

Fuck
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Not me personally but a former manager of mine tells us a story one day and brings in a photo of her ex husband's jaw shot off. He was a Board member to a nursing home that stole money. The head guy went to jail for it. Got out and and made a map of all the board members. He went house to house shooting each one. When he got to my my managers house, he shot her husband through the window as he was inside trying to see who was at the door. Crazzy.

My best friend crawled over dead bodies to get to safety during the Edgewater shooting in Wakefield Ma. His cube was kitty corner to McDermott's and he was just talking to him, even saw the gym bag while waiting to talk to another co worker. When he went to talk to the other McDermott open his gym bag and opened fire. My buddy said he thought fire crackers were going off when he saw his first dead body.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:17:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glck1911] [#43]
One of my younger brother's best childhood friends.  He was at our house all the time.  He had a wild streak, but was also very polite.  He ended up getting really bad into drugs after Highschool and killed someone over a drug deal.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:18:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Strela:
Yes. He was the inspiration for the "Buffalo Bill" character in "The Silence of the Lambs" and other killers on TV shows.

He was my high school buddy's older brother. He and his family lived in the house behind ours. Their father was a city council member.

https://murderpedia.org/male.H/h1/heidnik-gary.htm

https://criminalminds.fandom.com/wiki/Gary_Heidnik
View Quote

HOLY SHIT!!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:21:52 PM EDT
[#46]
I’ve met one.  Before he killed.  Drugs.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:22:06 PM EDT
[#47]
I have not but a friend of mine had an amusing anecdote involving one.

He was a mechanic who changed his last name for personal reasons. The name he picked was Applegate, solely because he liked the name. One day while working on a car he found himself surrounded by heavily armed FBI agents screaming for him to show them his hands. As soon as he did the agents sighed in relief. They were looking for a serial killer named Scotty Applegate who was missing some fingers on his left hand.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#48]
One of my best friends in VN
Perfect killer in combat...then in a bar in Hawaii..went right back to drinking his beer didn't blink an eye.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:24:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kashtin] [#49]
Hung out with Tim McVeigh one morning before the gun show opened. He was there sharing a table with some inbreds and selling The Turner Diaries.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:25:01 PM EDT
[#50]
A couple.

One cut his girlfriend's stepfather's throat, threw him in the back of a pickup, drove the body to a tavern to display for friends, then dumped it out in front of the police station.

The police then had a standoff with him at the tavern owner's farmhouse where he shot himself. A friend who lived across the highway from the stand off was on his phone giving me a play by play as he watched out the window.

What a waste.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top