Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#1]
There was a kid on the block that killed his Granny.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#2]
'Seems I meet a new one at least once a week.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m in the construction field, and I’ve worked with at least four. All were drug/gang related. Three out of the four had done their time when they started working for us. The other guy got fired and went on a crime spree robbing drug dealers. He eventually killed some chick with an uzi and is now doing time for it. He was a spooky dude.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:26:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rhill] [#4]
Yes.

Two in high school. In 1988 they teamed up to thrill kill a man who had sold one of them drugs.

Another guy I went to school with 1st grade thru 12th grade killed his domestic partner after an argument just a few years ago.

One in graduate school. Knew both the killer and his professor victim.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:26:50 PM EDT
[#5]
This guy is from my hometown. https://www.wmbfnews.com/2020/09/08/myrtle-beach-man-pleads-guilty-his-role-double-homicide-socastee-area/

Not friends, but small town so we crossed paths a few times here and there.

Lots of people had problems with him.  I wasn't surprised to hear about this.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:29:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I know people who’ve had abortions and/or goaded the person they got pregnant into having an abortion.  I consider them murderers and accomplices.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:30:39 PM EDT
[#7]
A friend from high school eventually killed his estranged wife and then himself during the divorce.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:32:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#8]
In the 1990s, I worked at a place for a couple weeks before deciding that the job was far less promising than I had been led to believe, and considerably more dangerous than OSHA allowed.  A guy that started the same day I did, quickly gave the impression of being someone that you couldn't believe what he said about his past work experience, then a few days later he had managed to remind me of Jack Nicholson's character from the shining.  Six months or a year later, he was in the local news.  Turned out that he had been on work release from the jail when he was working at that place, and he was in the news for the disappearance of a kid that he claimed he had tossed in the river to hide the body.

In the 1980s, a woman was killed in a park out near the southern edge of the county, and when the killer was caught, he confessed that he had been stalking women in the park to find one to kidnap.  He had previously tried to kidnap a former governor's wife for ransom, but she fought him and ended up in the hospital with some fractures.  The woman in the park also fought him but ended up dead.  As a kid in the early 1970s, I trick or treated at his parents' house.  I don't recall seeing him, but I probably did, and I think one of my older siblings went to high school with him.

Those are the two that I can think of off the top of my head, but it wouldn't surprise me if there have been others encountered through work or something else.

ETA:  A few years after high school graduation, a guy that had been one of my classmates in elementary school made the news.  He had been working at a construction site, got into an altercation with someone else on the site, walked off, retrieved a gun from his truck, then walked back and shot and killed the guy that he had the altercation with.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I grew up and was friends most of my childhood with this guy: https://www.newspapers.com/article/palladium-item-jesse-charged-in-david-m/18591292/

He was into dirtbikes like I was and was always a pretty cool kid but as we got older he got into wanting to be a gangster type. It was the 90's and by the time we graduated, we were ok with each other but not really friends.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:37:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By azjeeper:
Two.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:38:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeppers

Eric Williams

Three capital murders over short period of time. Convicted of two, the 3rd  murder was left out there to be tried later if needed. I mean he can only get executed once and he already has the death penalty.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:38:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Unfortunately several.  Well, one is a good friend of mine that killed a guy over drug foolishness and spent 30 years in prison for it.  Got out and has walked the straight and narrow and is a great guy.  

Another was a friend of mine and my family.  Good kid that worked his ass off, went to church and took care of his family.  Got hooked on drugs and turned to a piece of shit, then his wife left him.  Killed his two kids while they were over for his weekend and burned the house down on him.

Another I knew professionally that was a JP that killed a county DA, DA’s wife, and an assistant DA.  He is on death row.

I know lots more but thinking about it only brings me down.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Shook the hand of a priest that was later convicted of killing a nun, does that count?
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kashtin:
Hung out with Tim McVeigh one morning before the gun show opened. He was there sharing a table with some inbreds and selling The Turner Diaries.
View Quote

Surplus store in N WI...he was a cocky little prick...peddling some milita newsletter from Michigan.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:48:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Aside from those I dealt with in my work, one certainly comes to mind. A gal I dated in school went on to execute a deputy in Clarkston, Wa. as an initiation of sorts for the biker group she was in. Saw her several times, years later, when she was incarcerated. Turned into a model prisoner and even started a nationally acclaimed dog training program for service dogs.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:48:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akrado] [#18]
Had algebra 2 w/ a classmate in an adjoining group of friends.  Crossed paths at parties, etc.  

A year or 2 after graduation, another kid from HS was in a $100k drug debt to the son of a secret service agent.  

My classmate killed the drug dealing son for a few thousand.  Tried to flee to mexico and was popped by the feds in San Diego.  

In prison now w/ no chance of parole.  Testified then recanted against the guy that hired him.  Both ended up in prison and was a big drawn out capital punishment case w/ decade of legal drama.  They made Law and Order episode about it iirc.

Tragedy but they were all playing big boy games.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:49:50 PM EDT
[#19]
A couple...

This guy My cousin is married to the murdered woman's brother. Killer was at many labor day and memorial day parties my family had.

Also knew the guy on page one.....

Street fight

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:51:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Citadel] [#20]
yup two young lads in my scout troop - one was kicked out for failing to follow scout oath and law, the other drifted away once he hit high school

a few years later they killed the kicked out kid's step/adoptive parents using  pepper stray , bats and knives, hell of a mess

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:53:00 PM EDT
[#21]
There was a guy who was on the periphery of my circle of friends.  Like I knew his name if we ran into each other at a party or something.
Raped and murdered his girlfriend's grandmother, I think around 1980, in a suburb north of Baltimore.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Worked with two legit murderers. One shot his neighbor in the back of the head, got off basically scott free, but it cost him every last penny he owned, and his wife took everything else. It was an assholes collide situation that had gone on for 20-some years.

The other was far more of a self-defense situation, but the dude did ~10 years in the pen for it.

Also worked with two child molesters, one diddled an under-6 little girl, the other his little brother. The one that assaulted the little girl was one of those born again christian types that set off the little alarm bells in your head, just too friendly. He had a really nasty temper when set off, too.

The other dude was far more normal, but kindof an idiot, and walked around like he was an 800 pound gorilla.

Finally, there was a third dude that got hemmed up bad, along with a few of his buddies, when some girl they’d been banging accused all of them of rape. He was the one whose sob story I believed, one of the nicest folks I ever worked with.

Was one other hardcore christian I dealt with that didn’t really talk about his past, definitely the nicest old guy I worked with, but supposedly had spent a long damn time in prison. I don’t know wtf he did, but nobody who’d known him a long while would ever say one crosswise word to him.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:58:13 PM EDT
[#23]
My wife's uncle did 10 years for manslaughter.

Yeah, he's an odd dude.   He's old and broken down now.

I also met one the other night, by chance.  A local restaurant owner.  He was "smarter" than some.  He had his girlfriend murder his then-wife in FL, then they moved here, got married, and went a little over a decade before she was arrested.  She's (new girlfriend/now wife) in jail right now.  She'll be released next year.

I always thought that it was "odd" that his restaurant was staffed with obvious ex-cons and probable drug addicts...

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:58:52 PM EDT
[#24]
A friend from high school, who a little later in life beat a girl to death with a car club.   I think he is still in prison, which is fine by me.   Was very surprising, as he had a lot going for him, and was a really good guy in high school.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:59:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Mark Eby. Was stationed with him in Guam. Not a close friend but a good acquaintance. Chopped his wife up and threw her off Deception Pass.
https://www.seattlepi.com/seattlenews/article/guilty-verdicts-without-a-body-rare-1148209.php

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:00:40 PM EDT
[#26]
A woman in the neighborhood killed her kids in a murder suicide attempt. She survived. The kids didn't.

It was the kind of neighborhood where you sat on the porch and had drinks with your neighbors. My apartment was the old servant quarters of a Georgian house. Those kids played in my yard. They went to school with the kids of the family I rented from. I did odd jobs at their house.

I came home from a security gig one night. My neighborhood was full of cops and television cameras. It became national news. A year later someone put the house on a Halloween ghost tour. I almost strangled the tour guide when they stopped on the corner. They didn't come back.

Did I know her personally? I guess none of us really knew her.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:03:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Back in NVCDL/VCDL early days this guy called me at home trying to get legal help to restore his gun rights. I knew of him from his bizarre political campaigns in the City of Alexandria.  Guy apparently was on a vendetta to kill off the families of the people who took away his parental rights.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Severance_

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:03:39 PM EDT
[#28]
1 that kicked in the front door of a guy that owed him $ for coke.

Guy was on his couch talking to his sister and 2 other people. 12 ga. to the head.

Did his time and is out now driving a truck for the same guy he drove for before doing the deed.

1 that was from down in banjo music country. He only came up to do "things" and would disappear back down to the country.

Met him through a good friend one night at our local watering hole. After we spoke for an hour or so, he left and on the way home, my friend told me about him. They were good friends and in true Country fashion, any real friend of a real friend is a friend as well.

His name was Charles. I'm sure he's gone now as he was an older gentleman 40 years ago.

He was very polite and had a quiet disposition to talk with.

Saw him up here a few times over the years and he always remembered me and came over to shoot the shit a little.

The last time I saw him, I was there with my wife who met him and thought he was just the nicest older country gentleman.

And he was.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Was interviewing a guy for a job and he had a 20 year gap of no work on his application. I figured I knew the answer, but I asked about the gap and yep he'd been in prison. I asked him what for and he said "murder." Interview was over pretty quickly after that.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Yes.  A few actually.

The two navy dudes in 08 that stabbed the hooked in Tijuana.

Local guys that did stupid stuff.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:04:39 PM EDT
[#31]
You mean, convicted?

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Highschool dude I knew killed over a drug debt. Pretty unheard of for suburban kids in the 1980’s to do that shit.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:06:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jagdkommando] [#33]
I have known/know four actually.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:06:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Hell yeah I do, my work employs prison release workers and some of them are murderers. I buy em lunch every now and then to keep em happy.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:07:06 PM EDT
[#35]
One of my students killed his girlfriend. I knew both of them.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:07:38 PM EDT
[#36]
I've known two.  One was a guy I worked with that shot a guy in self defense over a hunting spot on public land.  

The other was a friend of mine in high school.   I went to college and we drifted apart.  He got into drugs and shot a guy during a drug deal gone south.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Former coworker stabbed his baby momma to death one night, like 150+ times, he was a Mike Tyson type(and lookin) dude, always was "up" when he was around, found out that we weren't wrong about that hunch.  His baby momma lived in the apartments behind the station I was at, we found out about the murder/arrest when PD called the station phone at 0400 asking if we would let them in to pee, lol.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:12:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Kid I went to school with ended up killing his uncle and burning down his house.

I wouldn't be surprised if the uncle had it coming, but it was murder.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#39]
My Niece, got hooked up with the wrong guy when she was 17 they robbed and murdered an elderly couple in  Miami Ok. double life without parole she’s almost 50 now.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#41]
A neighbor up the road beat his wife to death, rolled her up in a rug and kept her corpse in the garage for a while (it was winter in CT, so like a fridge in the garage), then cut her up and fed her through a wood chipper into a lake during a snow storm. Her murder inspired (at least in part) the movie “Fargo”.

A woman, whom I knew as a casual acquaintance (same circle but not friends), attempted to murder her boyfriend a few years ago with a pistol after he broke up with her. She hit him a few times and then turned the gun on herself. He survived the shooting.

I’ve known more murder victims and suicides than murderers.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:18:51 PM EDT
[#42]
I've had that moniker directed at me before... By the media, neighborhood kids, liberal family members.  It used to upset me, but at the end of the day, it was ruled a justifiable homicide by the prosecutor, and his is the only opinion that matters.

I used to work with a couple guys that are now in prison.  This old drunk guy pissed them off, so they beat the fuck out of him then ass raped him with a broomstick and glass bottles.. he ended up dying and they got life sentences.  

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:19:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Yes.

I have even arrested a few.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:22:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Knew this guy:
Death-row inmate John Joseph LeVasseur, 24, who was convicted of murdering a Prince William County woman, was found hanging in a shower stall at the Mecklenburg Correctional Center yesterday, according to Warden Charles E. Thompson.
LeVasseur, of Woodbridge, was convicted in the Feb. 25, 1982, slaying of Pamela Benner, 19, who worked with LeVasseur at his father's print shop. Testimony at the trial showed that Benner's skull was crushed, and she was stabbed more than 40 times with an ice pick and kitchen fork. Both weapons were found embedded in her back.
Killed himself.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Yep. Ron Lafferty used to come to our house and I would see him at church. Rode the school bus with his kids.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2022/4/29/23043175/under-the-banner-of-heaven-series-hulu-lafferty-brothers-ron-dan-murders-what-happened-timeline/
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:23:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#46]
Buddy of mine from high school joined the Air Force and was a Combat Controller.

Saw some shit in Iraq/Afg from the very start that severely and permanently damaged him.

Had issues and PTSD and ended up taking his wife, unborn child, and his own life shortly afterward.

Was a great young guy that grew up in a great family in an ideal home with plenty of support around him. We had some deep conversations in HS and this has always saddened me to think about.

Grandpa managed a biker bar in St Pete/Tampa area in the late 1970s and ended up in a tussle with some rough dudes.

Shot and killed one of them and was convicted of manslaughter.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Jessie Mathews killed Morgan Harrington as well as Hannah Graham.  Likely that he murdered many other young women as well.

He was a little retarded, but a really nice guy.  Huge guy.  Played football and lacrosse with him in high school.

He was raped by his father as a child, and went on to violently rape and murder those two girls as a taxi driver in my hometown.  Last I heard he had ass cancer and was transferred to a different prison for medical care (2020ish).  His signature move that led him to win state wrestling championship was to “oil check” his opponents.  (I fortunately never wrestled).

It was nuts how many people here swore they had it wrong and that he would never have done it.  He had a mean streak on the sports field, and off the field too as it turned out.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Brother in law killed or had someone kill my sister in law (wife's sister) in Mexico.  Of course he got away with it but hell is forever.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:25:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#49]
This specimen was raised by the state in multiple institutions, one of which I worked at, albeit before the murder case. I often said he would murder someone when he became an adult & had to be released, although I always figured it'd be by his own hand rather than by proxy manipulation. I suspect he probably will do it himself  next time upon his release in 2036 (or earlier).
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:26:36 PM EDT
[#50]
When I was in fourth grade (1979) one of my classmates father shot and killed her mother then barricaded up in the house later on killed himself. We all knew and liked the girl and her parents. They had pulled her out of class and she was gone for weeks, then the principal and teachers told our class then the others. Super strange day. I knew where she lived, it was a small elementary school that every student could walk to or ride a bike within the neighborhood. I still know which house it is and wonder if the current occupants have any idea what happened in there.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top