Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:26:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Two guys I knew who had drug habits ran off to Mexico.  One guy turned up dead on a beach and other guy showed up home.  Strong suspicions there.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Sacrosanct-Potato:
First 10 years of my marriage, we lived next to a couple that had two sons and a daughter.

The oldest son was very quiet and polite....
I guess the message is, you never really truly know what darkness lurks in a mans heart
View Quote

Murder, no. But I know two people pretty well who shot themselves in the head in front of their spouses.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:30:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EzGoingKev] [#3]
There was a guy in the town I grew up in that stabbed a guy to death. He did like 10 years in Walpole. I used to see him occasionally when my employer would do business with his employer. He dated a girl that I knew too. He was a mad man. You did not fuck with him.

I knew a guy that was driving home drunk one night with his best friend in the passenger seat. He crashed the car and the friend died. He did time in prison for it. He was a pretty mellow guy that everyone liked but if you got him mad you had better watch the fuck out.

I knew another guy that killed another dude in a fight. The other dude started it so they deemed it self defense.

When I used to work as a mechanic there was this old guy that use to come in to get his car worked on. It turned out he used to be a big time contractor that murdered his wife. He killed her and tossed in a foundation he was pouring. The story goes that when his crew showed up in the morning rigor had set in and there was a body part sticking out of the concrete.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:30:34 PM EDT
[#4]
My wife's ex husband wrecked his car driving 92 mph on a wet road with bald tires into a guard rail with an ice chest full of booze on the front seat, two weeks after being fired for failing a drug test for meth, he also admitted to have a script of klonopin. The wreck killed my wife's 4 year old son and permantly mentally physcially handicapped her then 6 year old daughter. Supposedly he passed a field sobriety test at the hospital, but then refused to take a blood test. Walked away with just a ticket for no insurance thanks to our lazy incompetent police department. The DA did attempt to charge him with negligent homicide, but it was turned down by a grand jury for lack of evidence. During a civil suit, the black box was uncovered showing that the boy was not wearing a seat belt and the car was traveling 92 mph, but it was too late and the DA wouldn't do shit. It's been more than a decade and he's made our life a living hell in regards to custody since then, as he's very good at playing the game and since he was never charged for the wreck, we can't use it against him in court. He's also never shown a single bit of remorse, I truly believe he is a sociopath hellbent on getting revenge for the way his marriage ended with my wife.

Other than that, I don't know any murders, but I knew a couple of people that were murdered. One was shot in the head and buried in the desert in Southwest Texas by a jealous ex boyfriend of a girl he was banging. The other was a girl who was stabbed and died in her driveway be a jealous ex boyfriend. The last time I saw either one was in the same place and I don't know if they even knew each other.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:32:46 PM EDT
[#5]
My MIL used to kill Nazis.  Does that count?
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:37:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: piperpa24] [#6]
posted ion the wrong thread
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:37:47 PM EDT
[#7]
this piece of shit.

High school, he dated a friend of mine and we hung out off campus at lunch and had him in a couple classes.
Dude was CREEPY as fuck then, I was in c school when I found out.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:38:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EzGoingKev] [#8]
I used to see this guy named Andrew Cuomo on TV all the time. He sent ~25-30k senior citizens to the their deaths.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, represented several who were accused of it
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:02:33 PM EDT
[#10]
My father in law was dating a woman 30 yrs younger than him (supposedly after) my wifes mom died.  

She has a son who was ‘a nice boy’ per my FiL who was in HS.  5 yrs pass and he gets popped for 2nd degree.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:10:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: safes2small] [#11]
Ex gf admitted she had 6 abortions.

Ejected in short order.

Coworker I’d only me a few times hit another coworker in the head in a bar with a fire extinguisher. Yeah when someone is getting ripped after a dear John letter, it’s not advisable to tell him you were banging his lady for years.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:15:53 PM EDT
[#12]
My high school science teacher shot and killed his nephew while sitting at the kitchen table.

The nephew was a drug addict and had beat his 73 year old uncle twice before, looking for money and shit he could sell.  The guy's mom was some kind of state level muckety-muck (assistant DA or the like) and the he never spent more than a few days in jail.  After the second time he beat his uncle, the guy was given a plea-bargain deal for no jail time, and his uncle told the sheriff  that he was not going to be beaten again and he would shoot his nephew if that was what it took.

Druggie showed up strung out one night with a golf club and broke the kitchen door in.  When he stepped through, his uncle shot him.

The mom got the old man charged with premediated murder, because he had threatened the kid publicly.   WTF?  Everyone thought the trial would be short...it was.  The grandfather was convicted and sentenced to 20 years. His local lawyer appealed the conviction, but that did not help.  He died in an Anderson County, TX prison hospital, 8 years later.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
Yes. I'll tell the story later when I get the chance.
View Quote

SGT Tracy Lee . Squad Leader; we were assigned to the same Company at FT Polk (A Co, 588th Engr Bn).

Raped his girlfriend and her Mother; killed his girlfriend's brother. Happened in 1985. Sentenced to death row.

Had long since forgotten about him, but something reminded me about him, 5-ish years ago. Looked him up and was surprised to find out that he hadn't been executed. Apparently, there was a national stay on executions at the time, which I believe has now been lifted. Looks like he had a clemency hearing in Dec 2023 that was denied.

Soon?

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Three that I know of.

1. Co worker shot and killed his wife who was 9 months pregnant. Baby didn’t make it either. He shot himself in the head while fleeing from the police during a high speed chase.

2. Brother of a friend shot and killed someone during a drug deal.

3. Different friend, same scenario as #2 though.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:21:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By GreenMushroom:
Define murderer. Anyone who grew up in a inner city knew at least a few but we're talking gang banger criminal types vs the cold blooded mass murder types. As a misguided yut I had several "roommates " who were murderers.
View Quote

LOL, what's the difference?
Unjustified homicide is murder.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:30:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1BMF] [#16]
Used to frequent a pawn shop that was basically a giant gun store with a small junk corner. Even had an indoor range built to test the guns they built and had a full time gun smith.

Like 15 years ago they were custom building this guy a Glock, well before it was mainstream. One of the guys told me it was $2,000 and some form of a short .50 caliber.

The guy having it built was in there a few times and I talked with him. Finally it’s done and he takes it home.

The next day he shot his ex girlfriend’s new boyfriend in the stomach with it.

Another, my wife had a friend who was married. Turns out her husband was getting hookers off Craigslist to give him happy endings in his office at the hospital he worked at. The hookers figured he had money and tried to blackmail him.

He goes along with it, agrees to meet them at a bank atm. The two hookers had their friend wait in their car while they got the money.

He shot and killed both of them, then just went back to work. He didn’t realize there was a witness and got busted for the whole thing.

The most bizarre part was the wife would post updates on her husband’s case on Facebook and pictures together. He only got convicted a year or so ago for that. Life with no possibility of parole.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:30:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes.

Grew up with a kid, played football with him through 7th grade. After that season he killed both his grandparents with a knife. Hadn’t thought anything about him since then until now.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:32:26 PM EDT
[#18]
The guy that owned the dropzone I jumped at in Texas moved to Tennessee and supposedly got away with killing his wife.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:36:54 PM EDT
[#19]
A couple.

Former step cousin killed a cop.  Total POS, drugs, b&e, you name it.

Wife's aunt married a guy and 10 years later the FBI showed up.  They got a dna sample from his utensils at Denny's.  Turns out years before they meet the guy killed and dismembered a produce and his body bars all across the county.  Guy a great bass out of it for helping the aunt sell of his collection.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:37:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By cda97:
Robert Yates was in my US Army unit at Ft. Drum

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Lee_Yates
View Quote

To be fair, Ft Drum made me want to kill people too.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:40:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NVCapCop] [#21]
Several. Most were not sociopaths. A couple were extremely intelligent.
All of them leaned politically right. They had low tolerance for b.s.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes, my FIL.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:41:32 PM EDT
[#23]
I sold several guns to this guy. Seemed like a normal guy, passed several background checks.

https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/2014/07/craigslist_murders_oppenneer_d.html
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Nephew of a friend killed someone in a drug deal.  He spent remarkably little time in prison. Went back to drug culture after release and someone smashed him in half with a car in what was determined to be justified self defense.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#25]
My buddy says:

"I worked with this guy and knew most of the people involved:

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/court/ca-supreme-court/1509446.html

"Between 5:45 and 6:45 the next morning, several people driving to work along White Rock Road reported seeing a red car on the side of the road. Some drivers noticed the car also bore gray primer paint. Two reported seeing a man who looked like defendant. Others reported seeing a White man in a blue shirt with a logo on it. Two reported seeing the body of someone lying on the ground near the man.
Police investigated and discovered the lifeless body of Sherri Farrar along White Rock Road about 3.7 miles from the IBS warehouse. She was naked and her throat had been cut. Police found a Miller Genuine Draft beer bottle between her buttocks."

I also knew someone who almost got murdered by this guy, but he traded shifts at Round Table with someone who did get killed:

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/death-sentence-upheld-for-sacramento-thrill-2574219.php
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:51:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fishing_cabin] [#26]
https://www.telegram.com/story/news/local/east-valley/2007/09/13/picture-emerges-deadly-stalker/52796371007/

Adam Lane floated around several trucking companies here that I would drive for on the weekend. More a loudmouth but no one predicted what he was doing, stopping on a highway sneaking off into homes and killing I forget how many.

One of the owners of the trucking companies met me at the yard one Saturday as I was getting ready to leave. Oddly happy that day. Knew him all my life, basically an old school outlaw trucking company.  He left after we cut up a bit, and drove to his MILs house 5 minutes away. He promptly walked in shot his estranged wife in the face (she died later), a few minutes later he shot himself behind the ear dying sometime later, basically from bleeding out. What I didn't know or think about at the time is he left the office and garage unlocked, with a note on his desk that read "(My first name) I'm sorry." Nothing to his kids that I grew up with.

https://murderpedia.org/male.S/s1/stockton-dennis.htm

I didn't know Dennis Stockton personally but I knew others around him involved. The McBride guy listed in different documents lives or did behind my old vfd.  Heck he might be dead now.  He was personal and friendly, would use his skid steer to push snow etc for the VFD, etc.  Who knows what those 2 did beyond the charges.

Another guy I knew (dead now) was convicted of manslaughter from a domestic. I met him after he was released.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#27]
worked with her 12 years or so ago..still friends on FB.  Its her birthday today and the idiots are wishing her happy Birthday on FB while she does life for killing her son.

Tortured Son Murder Trial: Twisted Tale that Led to Teen's Death

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Guy I went to high school with beat his roommate to death with a table lamp or some other living room apparatus

Neighbors across the street from us (some of the nicest people I've ever met) had a son that was some kind of a stalker. After he got found out the parents confronted him so he shot them in their sleep that night and then tried to torch the house to hide it. Only problem was he doused the place in gasoline BEFORE the shooting so when he went to spark it up the place went up way faster than I'm sure he expected and got him too. Burned him to a crisp before he made it out. Died shortly after

Ive got a couple of guys on our current MEX team that tell stories growing up in cartel country and things they've done. No verification of course but they're some serious hitters so I'm inclined to believe them
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:56:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Great guy that I've known forever- older gentleman; one of the best mechanics I've ever seen.

Sitting around drinking beer one night and he casually tells us he did 8 years in his early 20's for manslaughter- mutual combat that ended when he beat a guy to death with a tire tool. You just never know..
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:58:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BoomerShooter] [#30]
I served with a guy named Casillas in 1/75. He shot a guy

Joe M. Casillas was convicted of involuntary manslaughter and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime in connection with the shooting death of Martin Leonard Wright. He appeals, asserting numerous errors. For the reasons discussed below, we affirm.

Viewed in the light most favorable to the verdict, the evidence at trial revealed the following. Corporals Ted Hatch and Timothy Lawler of the Savannah Police Department were dispatched to the scene of a reported shooting. At the scene, Corporal Hatch saw Casillas standing between two vehicles, with Wright, the victim, lying on the ground with a bullet wound between his eyebrows. Casillas told Hatch that he and a friend, Henry Ruiz, had been upstairs drinking beer with Wright, when Wright "just grabbed the gun and shot himself in the head." Casillas said that he and Ruiz dragged the victim down the stairs and "were going to attempt to take him to the hospital, but that for some reason or other, they changed their mind and called the police."

Corporal Lawler heard defendant state to Corporal Hatch that "the victim had taken the gun and shot himself in the head." Lawler went upstairs into the apartment and found Henry Ruiz standing inside the doorway. Lawler noticed a semi-automatic weapon on the table. A spent shell casing and a live round of ammunition were recovered from the apartment floor.

Henry Ruiz testified that he served in the same platoon where defendant was a staff sergeant in the 75th Ranger Battalion, at Hunter Army Airfield. On the day in question, Casillas and Ruiz each purchased a 12-pack of beer. At around 8:00 p.m., they left defendant's apartment and went to a bar, where they spent a couple of hours drinking. They went to another bar around midnight, where Ruiz met the victim, Martin Wright, who was in a wheelchair. Ruiz and Casillas bought the victim some beer. They stayed until closing time, at which point the three men returned to defendant's apartment where they watched a videotape about the Rangers and drank more beer. In Ruiz's opinion, all three of them were under the influence of alcohol.

According to Ruiz, when the victim told Casillas that he did not believe Casillas' stories of combat experience, the two of them argued. At some point, Casillas went to his bedroom and returned with a pistol and a bag of ammunition.

Ruiz testified that the victim jokingly said that "he'd rather be dead" because he could no longer have intercourse because he was paralyzed from the waist down. According to Ruiz, Casillas then said that "he could assist him in that, he had a pistol nearby. And he [the victim] said, put it in my mouth. So the gun was inserted in [the victim's] mouth [by Casillas], jokingly." This episode was repeated. Ruiz testified that he "took the pistol and took all the rounds out of it." Henry Ruiz never saw the victim handle the gun by himself, before he left the dining room area and went to try to sleep on a couch. But an argument ensued when the beer ran out. The victim "was being kind of obnoxious and told [Casillas] to put the pistol back in his mouth. And the Defendant did." Ruiz testified that he saw defendant reload the weapon, stand up with "[b]oth hands on the pistol grip," and point the weapon at the victim from a distance of three or four feet. Ruiz did not actually see Casillas fire the weapon, because Ruiz "was resting [his] head between [his] arms, just exhausted." The victim was shot in the center of the forehead. Ruiz believed defendant washed his hands thereafter.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:09:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TAG_Match] [#31]
Originally Posted By StraightShootinGal:
My buddy says:

"I worked with this guy and knew most of the people involved:

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/court/ca-supreme-court/1509446.html

"Between 5:45 and 6:45 the next morning, several people driving to work along White Rock Road reported seeing a red car on the side of the road. Some drivers noticed the car also bore gray primer paint. Two reported seeing a man who looked like defendant. Others reported seeing a White man in a blue shirt with a logo on it. Two reported seeing the body of someone lying on the ground near the man.
Police investigated and discovered the lifeless body of Sherri Farrar along White Rock Road about 3.7 miles from the IBS warehouse. She was naked and her throat had been cut. Police found a Miller Genuine Draft beer bottle between her buttocks."

I also knew someone who almost got murdered by this guy, but he traded shifts at Round Table with someone who did get killed:

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/death-sentence-upheld-for-sacramento-thrill-2574219.php
View Quote

I’ve noticed the “My Buddy Says” on quite a few of your post.  I’ve not asked why, expecting it was some inside joke that someone would mention or explain in time.  If anyone cares to explain the joke, that would be nice.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#32]
My brother in law did 10 years for murder.
The man who married my wife and I did 9 years for attempted murder.

I know a lot of interesting people.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Yes

My father was one of them. He died in prison, where he belonged.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:18:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: feetpiece] [#34]
I've murdered billions.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:20:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Guy that sat at the desk next to me had a druggie kid. Kid killed off his grandparents for money for his drugs. Closest I've been that I know of.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:21:58 PM EDT
[#36]
I guy I used to play DnD with was involved in a cocaine deal gone bad in the early 1990's, shot a stripper and is in Huntsville for a few more decades.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:22:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:23:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Yes.  Current accused serial killer.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:25:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Sacrosanct-Potato:
Have You Ever Personally Known A Murderer?
View Quote

Keith D. Linhardt
Arock
also several mass murderers, like Aziz Yazdanpanah...

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:26:25 PM EDT
[#40]
I could tell a long story but I'm too tired to deal with it today. Would trigger a lot of questions and it's a decades long tale.
Basically involves my Father. Sociopath yes, psychopath? I guess we'll never really know until we die. He vanished from the scene
when my parents divorced, I reconnected in 2015, we got together a few times and talked on the phone but his new Wife
finally got her way and I was written off.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:27:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By MyrnaTheMinx:
My MIL used to kill Nazis.  Does that count?
View Quote

War and saving lives gets a pass mostly.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#42]
a guy I went to school with & hung out together shot three guys leaving a bar on night, killed one.  He died in prison, supposedly a heart attack.  probably got shanked.
another guy killed a cab driver.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:30:59 PM EDT
[#43]
A kid my son was friends with in high school got addicted to meth and while high shot and killed 3. No apparent reason and will never see daylight again. Sweetest kid. My son is autistic and he protected my from bullies. Such a waste.
My neighbor's daughter got pregnant in high school and had her second by the time she graduated. Her boyfriend graduated a year before her. They married and he farmed for his dad. About their 10 year anniversary he started having an affair and after sneaking around for a few years decided wife and kids had to go and killed them all. Such a sad situation.

other than those two I only knew murderers on a professional basis. Some wanted to act like badasses but most wanted to forget about their few minutes of stupidity that they were paying for with their time.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Found out that one of the tech's that worked for a client of mine killed some people and then himself.

Recently.

Deliberately vague is going to stay deliberately vague.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#45]
yes.

The running back at my kid's high school. Was at my house many times. He was a hell of a running back and a great kid. Went to college, met up with hood rats, started doing drugs and 3 years later killed a guy in a drug buy.

It was heart breaking. He was a good friend to my daughter and all their classmates.

Don't do drugs.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Known? No.

Met? Yes. Friend of mine ran a reptile shop, a woman came in wanting to sell a Dumeril's boa. He didn't have cash in the shop to buy it and told her to come back the following Tuesday(his next day open).

Wednesday her boyfriend told him if he wanted the snake come pick up all the animals by the end og the day. Turned out the woman had been in an argument with her daughter, shot her in the face anf cut her legs off to make the body easier to dispose of.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Went to school with two.
One never his girl friend and left her body in the trunk of a car.
https://www.judyrecords.com/record/vezta88icdc4

The other one robbed a bagel store and executed two people in the store.
https://www.morelaw.com/verdicts/case.asp?n=Unknown&s=TX&d=2300
Both were named Stephen so ever since then I've been nervous around people with that name.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:42:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Guy I knew killed his in laws and wife's brother. He was one of the first people to hold my oldest daughter, army vet, nice dude but also a bit crazy.

Another guy caught his wife in bed with another dude, shot him in the face and went outside and killed himself.

And another got into an altercation at a party, car chase ensued and the other guy was shot, crashed and died, I owned the guy that was used in that shooting for a while.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#49]
I worked my way through college working at a grocery store.

The store manager was a yankee transplant know-it-all.  He had two horribly behaved children who were universally unliked in the small college town.  Store manager was thought to be involved in several big ticket thefts and ended up leaving under undisclosed circumstances.

Fast forward many years.  Store manager had moved to a big city, his children are grown, and adult son still lives at home.  Mommy and Daddy allowed him to be a feral child who faces no consequences for bad behavior.  Grown son kept getting bailed out by parents and allowed to continue his shitty life as an adult.

He snapped one day, shot both parents multiple times in the head and then killed himself.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#50]
I went to high school with a kid, quiet, kind of shy, nothing out of the ordinary for a high school sophomore-- we didn't know he was being abused by his stepfather. One night he wedged the door of the family home shut and set fire to it. Killed his mom, stepfather and six sibs, all under twelve. Never heard what became of him.

Also knew a lovely young lady who used to live two doors down from Ted Bundy. Fortunately she was very much not his type (flamboyant red hair). She says he was quite nice and helped her carry groceries a couple of times. Damn . . .
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top