Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 10:50:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Coffin-Nail:

You're posting the dimensions of the cartridge not the chamber which is right there on the same SAAMI page. If you're reloading and don't understand that there's a difference I can't say I'd have much faith in your reloading or judgement. You came into this thread declaring you already know you need to send it back acting like you have evidence, but you really don't. If it'll make you feel better send it back, but you've shown us no real proof.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rabidus:

My two 19s get this:  https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/170028/IMG_8072_jpeg-3162228.JPG

(1 flyer as I got excited on the 5th shot)

Recent 1911 load development

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/170028/IMG_9628_jpeg-3162229.JPG

I’m not flinching, it does not recoil that much.

You're posting the dimensions of the cartridge not the chamber which is right there on the same SAAMI page. If you're reloading and don't understand that there's a difference I can't say I'd have much faith in your reloading or judgement. You came into this thread declaring you already know you need to send it back acting like you have evidence, but you really don't. If it'll make you feel better send it back, but you've shown us no real proof.

A sized casing rattles in the chamber more than my two Glock 19s, my friends sig 226.

I plunk ammo I reload while reloading to make sure they feed. This chamber feels loose…

Never had this bad groups out of any pistol I’ve ever shot. Been shooting/reloading for 20 years.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 10:50:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Please send it back and tell them you shot reloads in it. Then let us know how it goes.

Link Posted: 3/17/2024 10:50:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By HBruns:
Is the 0.425" dimension the SAMMI max for a loaded round of ammo, or the chamber dimension?

A ~0.007" difference is about right for a factory gun.
If the ammo and the chamber are the same dimension, you'll never be able to chamber a round.
There MUST be clearance or it binds.
View Quote

Which is begging the question of why one would post the spec for a sized casing and then show a chamber measurement.  

Link Posted: 3/17/2024 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By NachoDip:
Glocks are known for increased reliability. Part of that is having a slightly oversized chamber and some loose tolerances. If you want a match fit. Get a match barrel. Your gun is fine. You’re wasting everyone’s time and should feel bad. If you want a match we can laugh at you because of feeding and reliability issues after we go down that route.

You’re also not being consistent with your calipers in how you’re measuring the chamber. I know you’re thinking you’re the genius behind all of the reasons and excuses you have. Reality is you can’t hit shit with it and you’re blaming the tool not the man holding it.
View Quote

Everybody must be drunk tonight.

Link Posted: 3/17/2024 10:58:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By BuddyChryst:
You can shoot one gun fine and be terrible with another, especially if it’s more powerful with less grip. You can also just have a bad day. A little dehydrated, nerves, who knows.

I would shoot from a rest and then have a known competent shooter try to eliminate you as the issue.

I would also stop with the reloads. That’s another way of eliminating you as the source of the issue.

If it’s still bad after that, go ahead and send it back. But what I’m reading is the reason why manufacturers have you ship back on your dime until they determine if there is an issue. 8” at 12yds really requires something to be seriously  wrong, and is much more likely to be end user error.
View Quote

10mm is not that powerful. Never felt any pain or discomfort shooting it.

Kinda laughed while shooting it how comfortable it felt.

My friend also shot it, he was hitting 2ft left while shooting at a target 50 yards away.

Link Posted: 3/17/2024 10:58:08 PM EDT
[#6]

lol

The Colts had chattered bores.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kiltakaze:
I think the problem is probably the Indian and not the arrow dude. If you’re getting consistently crappy groups from a variety of pistols, you need to shoot more and measure less.

lol

I'll believe that. I've seen them on a few Colts and from a few different manufacturers.

Sucks, but I can't imagine whinging about it online or asking for approval to bitch to the mfr. I also have never seen it on a polygonal rifled Glock, so I doubt that's the cause, here.

Anyway, I have to see if my old man has a mic. He's got a pocket 10 and I'm curious if he can measure his chamber/groupings before a thread lock.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 10:58:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By zephyr:
It's a $30 caliper.
View All Quotes
It's a $30 caliper.

Calipers aren't really that precise, you need a mic for real accuracy.

Originally Posted By _Matt_:

Yeah, this

WHEW

I was sitting there looking at it. It said Frankfort Arsenal or something, but looked like my cheap one. I thought maybe it WAS a good one and mine was a clone of it, like the first time you see a knockoff bag or shoes.

They look a little cocked in the pipe as well.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 10:59:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Without known good ammo you have nothing . Read the owners manual. Are you afriad of factory ammo? Maybe your loads and that gun do not work well together.. I would send it back with a sternly worded letter.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:00:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Never_A_Wick:

Which is begging the question of why one would post the spec for a sized casing and then show a chamber measurement.  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HBruns:
Is the 0.425" dimension the SAMMI max for a loaded round of ammo, or the chamber dimension?

A ~0.007" difference is about right for a factory gun.
If the ammo and the chamber are the same dimension, you'll never be able to chamber a round.
There MUST be clearance or it binds.

Watched a YT video of a guy comparing Wolf, KKM, and Glock chambers for his G20 and all had tighter chambers than mine.

Not fire, but a lot of smoke.

Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:01:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I’ve had a Glock have issues from the factory but this seems really premature given you haven’t even shot factory ammo through it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:05:01 PM EDT
[#11]
My Springfield lw champion has a much tighter chamber than my loaded but the loaded is much more accurate.

My m625 in .45 colt has chambers cut for .45 colt. That's a bit bigger than .45 acp chambers and yet stacks .45 acp in phenomenal groups.

If that gun has an issue I don't think it's the chamber.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:05:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Measure the OD of the brass case, looks like it could be .425 and as low as .415.  

You didn't mention the brass but I would be looking for several brass cases for comparison of OD.  

I would likely try a couple of different factory ammo's to add to the mix.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:06:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LnWlf] [#13]
Do you have anything else chambered in 10mm that you could drop a reloaded round into and see if it wobbles?

I’d also drop in a factory round in the chamber to rule out the possibility of a bad sizing die
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:06:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Never_A_Wick] [#14]

Watched a YT video of a guy comparing Wolf, KKM, and Glock chambers for his G20 and all had tighter chambers than mine.

Not fire, but a lot of smoke.

View Quote

That doesn’t in any way address what I said.

Did he also use a sloppy method to measure them like you did?

Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:06:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Not everyone should own guns
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By whiskerz:
Without known good ammo you have nothing . Read the owners manual. Are you afriad of factory ammo? Maybe your loads and that gun do not work well together.. I would send it back with a sternly worded letter.
View Quote

I loaded start to full loads from the Hodgdon reloading manual.

Actually, for the 135gr, exceeded the MAX charge by .2grains and had no issues.

Started at 9gr and ended up at 10.4gr of CFE pistol.  Shot strings at 1.26”, 1.255” and 1.25” COL.

Attachment Attached File

Nosler lists 9.5gr as the most accurate using the same powder.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:09:25 PM EDT
[#17]
My vote is try some factory ammo that's 180gn or 200gn jacketed or plated. My 40sw and my 10mm does not group well with the lightweight bullets. I have a hunch it's because of the high velocity and small bearing surface of the bullet. I ran into a similar problem loading certain 9mm 115gn jacketed bullets at 1500 fps for my 2011 open gun.

I have also found that Glocks don't group very well shooting hardcast or bullets like what you posted. My 10mm glock shoots one hole groups with 180 or 200gn jacketed bullets but the gun really opens up with my 220gn buffalo bore and 200gn HSM bear loads. The group was 5in at 25 yards. Fine for bear defense but not for hunting with.

The fix is getting a barrel with traditional lands and groove rifling like a KKM if you want accuracy with hardcast lead bullets.

I have seen the same problem in 3 other glock 10mms and a barrel swap with traditional rifling fixed the accuracy, but YMMV.

I have not measured the back of my glock chambers but they don't call it glock bulge for nothing
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:10:03 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes
Glocks are known for increased reliability. Part of that is having a slightly oversized chamber and some loose tolerances. If you want a match fit. Get a match barrel. Your gun is fine. You’re wasting everyone’s time and should feel bad. If you want a match we can laugh at you because of feeding and reliability issues after we go down that route.

You’re also not being consistent with your calipers in how you’re measuring the chamber. I know you’re thinking you’re the genius behind all of the reasons and excuses you have. Reality is you can’t hit shit with it and you’re blaming the tool not the man holding it.

Maybe, but I know how to check dimensions.

Just for shits and giggles I broke down my G23 and measured the chamber ID with my digital caliper.

It measures between.431” and .434” depending on depth and orientation.

This pistol shoots fine.

Unless the chamber ID is grossly over spec it isn’t going to be the difference between a 2” group at 10 yards and an 8” group.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By GreatWaputi:
Not everyone should own guns
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:12:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By NoPurposeFlour:
My vote is try some factory ammo that's 180gn or 200gn jacketed or plated. My 40sw and my 10mm does not group well with the lightweight bullets. I have a hunch it's because of the high velocity and small bearing surface of the bullet. I ran into a similar problem loading certain 9mm 115gn jacketed bullets at 1500 fps for my 2011 open gun.

I have also found that Glocks don't group very well shooting hardcast or bullets like what you posted. My 10mm glock shoots one hole groups with 180 or 200gn jacketed bullets but the gun really opens up with my 220gn buffalo bore and 200gn HSM bear loads. The group was 5in at 25 yards. Fine for bear defense but not for hunting with.

The fix is getting a barrel with traditional lands and groove rifling like a KKM if you want accuracy with hardcast lead bullets.

I have seen the same problem in 3 other glock 10mms and a barrel swap with traditional rifling fixed the accuracy, but YMMV.

I have not measured the back of my glock chambers but they don't call it glock bulge for nothing
View Quote

I ordered a KKM barrel last week but was contemplating sending the pistol to Glock but maybe wait. If the KKM shoots like crap, than it’s me.

If it shoots well, I will update this thread.

Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:14:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Jesus fuckin christ...
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:17:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Show us your award for shooting a Glock.....or any handgun.

I suspect your shooting skills mirror your gunsmithing skills
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:18:36 PM EDT
[#23]

What’s a rifle qualification test got to do with a handgun?
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:20:07 PM EDT
[#24]

A sized casing rattles in the chamber more than my two Glock 19s, my friends sig 226.

I plunk ammo I reload while reloading to make sure they feed. This chamber feels loose…

Never had this bad groups out of any pistol I’ve ever shot. Been shooting/reloading for 20 years.
View All Quotes

My two 19s get this:  https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/170028/IMG_8072_jpeg-3162228.JPG

Are you used to Glock factory triggers? It’s probably you or your reloads (you).
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:20:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingdead] [#25]
Why aren't you using pin gauges or 3 point inside hole gauges?
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:23:09 PM EDT
[#26]
I would.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:23:54 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm not sure if this thread is haha funny or sad funny.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:24:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#28]
I thought Glocks do not have a fully supported chamber to begin with? Cartridges seat on the case mouth.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:25:47 PM EDT
[#29]

lol

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kiltakaze:
I think the problem is probably the Indian and not the arrow dude. If you’re getting consistently crappy groups from a variety of pistols, you need to shoot more and measure less.

lol

I train a decent amount of people, mostly new shooters. It’s extremely rare the gun itself is the issue and there is only one common denominator in your case
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:26:54 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Were you hoping everyone would agree with you and tell you you’re absolutely right to be concerned?
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:27:29 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Never got an award for pistol.

I was at MCRD or Pendleton back in ‘08 for an educator workshop. Got to shoot the simulator.

It was fun, for the pistol range, one of the Marines asked if I needed a tutorial, told him, “thanks but I got it..”

Started shooting, all shots were hitting COM and head shots.

Ran 2-3 mags through it and the room got quieter, heads started to turn over, granted, these are teachers so not much to talk about.

Got done. Stopped for a second, looked around and the entire room was watching me. A major and a colonel were watching and smiled.

2 young Marines pushed some teachers aside and said, we got this…they shot 1/2 a mag, shot like shit, and moved away from the line.

A few people in the room said, “Damn”

As I passed the officers, the Major gave me a nod.

I don’t shoot competition, I’m sure many can beat me but at the range, I only met 1 other person who could outshoot me with a pistol, he won awards in the Army pistol competition.

So I’m no Jerry Miculek by any stretch but I’m also not a slack jawed basement dweller.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:29:04 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

It was a response to some people should not own guns.

Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:29:13 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm not sure if this thread is haha funny or sad funny.
View Quote

Little of both?
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:29:20 PM EDT
[#34]

I was at MCRD or Pendleton back in ‘08 for an educator workshop. Got to shoot the simulator.

It was fun, for the pistol range, one of the Marines asked if I needed a tutorial, told him, “thanks but I got it..”

Ran 2-3 mags through it and the room got quieter, heads started to turn over, granted, these are teachers so not much to talk about.

Got done. Stopped for a second, looked around and the entire room was watching me. A major and a colonel were watching and smiled.

2 young Marines pushed some teachers aside and said, we got this…they shot 1/2 a mag, shot like shit, and moved away from the line.

I don’t shoot competition, I’m sure many can beat me but at the range, I only met 1 other person who could outshoot me with a pistol, he won awards in the Army pistol competition.

So I’m no Jerry Miculek by any stretch but I’m also not a slack jawed basement dweller.
View All Quotes

And then everyone started a slow clap.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:30:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By StevenH:

Are you used to Glock factory triggers? It’s probably you or your reloads (you).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StevenH:

Yes. This is my 3rd Glock. Got my first 10 years ago.

Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:30:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
I mean its a pocket 10mm glock. what did you expect? sub moa?
View Quote

Glocks actually have pretty good mechanical accuracy, especially in 10mm and .45. It's just hard to get it out of them due to the triggers.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:31:51 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

This. That’s driving a car vs flying a plane dude
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:32:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Test it with factory ammo. Glock won’t be happy with: my hand load doesn’t shoot a tight group - (may void warranty.)
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:34:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By crazymoose:

Glocks actually have pretty good mechanical accuracy, especially in 10mm and .45. It's just hard to get it out of them due to the triggers.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
I mean its a pocket 10mm glock. what did you expect? sub moa?

Always been very happy with the accuracy of my Glocks. I don’t bench them often because that’s dumb but I will when I’m zeroing an optic or sights. They group far better than most people would think assuming the shooter doesn’t suck.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:35:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Attachment Attached File

Federal factory ammo. 25-yards standing unsupported. Unmodified Gen3 Glock 20. First time shooting it.

Try. Factory. Ammo.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:36:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Learn how to shoot.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:37:01 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Stock Glock triggers are fine. If you can't shoot accurately on a stock glock, your trigger control and press sucks.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:38:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Nothing in the world fills me with more mirth than reloading tards who continue to claim that a particular gun has a problem because it won't run reliably with their retarded reloads and maintain radio silence when asked how the same gun runs with factory ammo. Because their reloads are SO good, and SO within spec, and SO infallible, and they themselves are of course above reproach in their reloading methods. Bad news; you're a fucking tard. The gun is fine. Sad panda.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:38:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tct1000] [#44]

View Quote

this is pure gold.   and not in the good way that you'll take it

also OP:
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:38:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Did OP also verify the twist rate is within acceptable tolerances? That could be just a much a culprit…
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:39:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By tct1000:

this is pure gold.  thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ7ed_ODHNk
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tct1000:

this is pure gold.  thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ7ed_ODHNk

Yep. Guaranteed new copy pasta.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:39:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Run into assholes all day, you might be the asshole.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:40:00 PM EDT
[#48]
OP, I'm not going to bag on your shooting skills, I don't think that's the issue. But there is a lot more to accuracy than just the chamber diameter. I think your best bet is to get a match barrel installed. You shoot good enough to get good results with an improved gun.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:40:27 PM EDT
[#49]

Stock Glock triggers are fine. If you can't shoot accurately on a stock glock, your trigger control and press sucks.
View All Quotes

I shot stock Glock triggers for years, and it definitely made me a better shooter. Then I tried the Glock Performance trigger. Then I never looked back.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:40:39 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm suspecting we have a sort of Evolution of Squatdog here, OP can't be serious. GD is getting trolled.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top