Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:57:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Glocked:

While this applies to any suppressor of course. It especially applies to rimfire cans. Pick what’s important to you, prioritize that, it’ll help narrow down your options.
Stuff like modularity, ease of cleaning, lightest weights, shortest OAL/diameter.

I like modular rimfire cans. Short configuration is great on compact hosts, and gassy/dirty hosts and long configuration on everything else. I also like materials that can be ultrasonic cleaned.

Not all brands are on here but it can help when trying to compare.

I like my AAC and Rugged rimfire cans. My EA Nyx Mod 2 should be delivered to my house this week. It’ll be the lightest rimfire I own at <2.5 ounces in short mode.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
I’m going to have a hard time not buying a couple of cans.

Who makes the best rimfire suppressor? I’ll probably use it on rifles and handguns.

While this applies to any suppressor of course. It especially applies to rimfire cans. Pick what’s important to you, prioritize that, it’ll help narrow down your options.
Stuff like modularity, ease of cleaning, lightest weights, shortest OAL/diameter.

I like modular rimfire cans. Short configuration is great on compact hosts, and gassy/dirty hosts and long configuration on everything else. I also like materials that can be ultrasonic cleaned.

Not all brands are on here but it can help when trying to compare.

I like my AAC and Rugged rimfire cans. My EA Nyx Mod 2 should be delivered to my house this week. It’ll be the lightest rimfire I own at <2.5 ounces in short mode.

Modularity is definitely appealing, I’m looking at a Dead Air Wolfman for that reason.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:58:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By TacNac:
Thunder Beast 22 Takedown
Dead Air Mask
Oculus22
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TacNac:
I'm going to have a hard time not buying a couple of cans.

Who makes the best rimfire suppressor? I'll probably use it on rifles and handguns.
Thunder Beast 22 Takedown
Dead Air Mask
Oculus22

Off to YouTube, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:00:51 AM EDT
[#3]
its cool but is all this to good to be true ?
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:02:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I’m going to have a hard time not buying a couple of cans.

Who makes the best rimfire suppressor? I’ll probably use it on rifles and handguns.
View Quote

Dead Air Mask.  

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:07:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Why do I think the new magical 2 day wait times is some
kind of HONEYPOT?
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:09:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:

The process shouldn't exist, but given that it does, this is how long it should have always taken.
View Quote
i have say it is impressive with the TAT, my last suppressor was a Barrett QDL last year ago took 11 months
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:26:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I just got into the NFA game last Oct.
1st Can was 118 days
2nd was 23 days
3rd was 2 days
4th was 7 days
2 Form 1's this year were 7 days.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:28:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ZuoZongtang:
kind of HONEYPOT?
View Quote

A theory I heard around here is that they are speeding up times to take away the argument of long waits for when all semi auto's get put on the NFA.

Hey conspiracy theories are that until the aren't, right?
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:31:22 AM EDT
[#9]
kind of HONEYPOT?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:43:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By mancow:

Begging, paying for then eventually............. receiving a forensic identifier is a great strategic plan. I was wrong. Carry on.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/EEC723A6-9863-42E8-8180-CD50882AD517-814.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PainefulCommonSense:
It blows my fucking mind that people will pay $200 to submit to the same procedures as an arrest to exercise a right. Obviously, I'm in the wrong here due to the exuberance.

The insane wait times weren't enough of an impediment so they got smart and decided rapid turn arounds are more useful for data collection and categorization.

The left can't meme but the right sure as fuck can't strategize.

Denying yourself force multipliers out of some desire to virtue signal is not strategic thinking.

Begging, paying for then eventually............. receiving a forensic identifier is a great strategic plan. I was wrong. Carry on.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/EEC723A6-9863-42E8-8180-CD50882AD517-814.gif

The feds don’t already have your fingerprints?
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:02:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Praimfiya:
This is crazy. I waited 149 days for a SS single shot trust for a rugged. I'll be going balls deep as an individual the next time
View Quote

Yeah I am going on 4 Months now on my SS Trust. Wishing now I had went individual. But having the flexible SS Trust will be great if ever gets done..

I really fail to see why the SS Trust shot takes any longer..I am still the only responsible person..Have been in the Registry since the early 1990s..How hatd could it be to check out the others involved..They know the dealer well, and the Lawyer who does the trust too..They see them everyday in submitted forms.

I would guess the reason they hold up Trusts, is they simply do not want people submitting them.. And want us all to do Individual forms..
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:08:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#12]
Originally Posted By carbineone1964:

Yeah I am going on 4 Months now on my SS Trust. Wishing now I had went individual. But having the flexible SS Trust will be great if ever gets done..

I really fail to see why the SS Trust shot takes any longer..I am still the only responsible person..Have been in the Registry since the early 1990s..How hatd could it be to check out the others involved..They know the dealer well, and the Lawyer who does the trust too..They see them everyday in submitted forms.

I would guess the reason they hold up Trusts, is they simply do not want people submitting them.. And want us all to do Individual forms..
View All Quotes
This is crazy. I waited 149 days for a SS single shot trust for a rugged. I'll be going balls deep as an individual the next time

Trusts require a human legal instrument examiner to make sure the trust is valid.

Individual submissions don’t and have been worked in the past by contractors and regular ATF agents. Quite likely they’re using AI or an automated process too.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:11:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By STJ:
So are you suggesting I just go to Walmart and buy an oil filter?
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:12:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: USMCTanker] [#14]

View All Quotes

According to ATF, trusts take longer because they have to be reviewed for state and federal compliance, and more background checks for each of the RPs.  That part makes sense.  

Individual transfers are currently less labor intensive and easier to approve, but ATF says a process to streamline trust approvals is being implemented in the next few months.  

Is there a political agenda behind the process to make approvals faster?  No doubt.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:20:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: carbineone1964] [#15]

Trusts require a human legal instrument examiner to make sure the trust is valid.

Individual submissions don’t and have been worked in the past by contractors and regular ATF agents. Quite likely they’re using AI or an automated process too.
View Quote

When I called them, that was their claim. Has not been assigned to an examiner.. Even with the Human element. Why has it not been atleast given to an examiner in 4 months? It could just as easily be handed to an examiner as a Individual one could be..Does not really matter I guess..I wait..But I would like to use it before I leave here..I am not a young fella anymore,LOL

I an still the one and only responsible Person on my trust..No others to check out.. Others will be added later on for free..Wije, kids and whoever else I want to add..
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#16]
God damn I'm getting tired of hearing about fast approvals.

My hat's off to all you guys getting approved quick, but I have to admit I'm getting a little jealous.  Bought two suppressors almost 2 years ago on a trust.  Denied a year in because my idiot dealer forgot to send in a fingerprint card.  Resubmitted in August and still waiting.

I'm starting to think I should order a few more as an individual to see if they get approved before my trust ones do.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:28:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By lokifox:
Today is a week with no stamp.

This is horse shit.

View Quote

Ha! I've been waiting since 3/8
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:29:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By lokifox:
Today is a week with no stamp.

This is horse shit.

View Quote

Exactly the same for me. Submitted Friday.

Already feeling spoiled and entitled, a week is too fucking long. What a heap of shit haha
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:30:23 AM EDT
[#19]

When I called them, that was their claim. Has not been assigned to an examiner.. Even with the Human element. Why has it not been atleast given to an examiner in 4 months? It could just as easily be handed to an examiner as a Individual one could be..Does not really matter I guess..I wait..But I would like to use it before I leave here..I am not a young fella anymore,LOL

I an still the one and only responsible Person on my trust..No others to check out..
View All Quotes

I an still the one and only responsible Person on my trust..No others to check out..

The pool of available examiners. The trust requires the legal instrument examiner reviewing it.

Individual submissions can be worked by Karen from HR, a contractor, or simply set to auto approve upon BGC completion and correct/complete form. None of them have been signed anyways since January 1.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:35:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Like I say I wait I guess,,If nothing at 5 months maybe I will have my Congressman inquire..That will likely do no good either though..
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:39:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Please let mine come back quick
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:41:16 AM EDT
[#22]

Or, in contrast to the "others" indicating a right denied.

Fuck it, I can still check out Harry Potter books so who cares if this bible or or koran is a $5 surcharge. It's' literally the same thing.

(Interesting the spelling suggestions give squiggly lines on a non capital koran but not on a the word bible).

We have already lost. Just enjoy what you have for now. I have no idea why I try to even engage. Fuck it.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By STRIKE504:
It blows my fucking mind that people will pay $200 to submit to the same procedures as an arrest to exercise a right. Obviously, I'm in the wrong here due to the exuberance.

The insane wait times weren't enough of an impediment so they got smart and decided rapid turn arounds are more useful for data collection and categorization.

The left can't meme but the right sure as fuck can't strategize.

The strategy should be all that data they are keeping is subpoenaed as evidence to show "in common use" to repeal the NFA.

Or, in contrast to the "others" indicating a right denied.

Fuck it, I can still check out Harry Potter books so who cares if this bible or or koran is a $5 surcharge. It's' literally the same thing.

(Interesting the spelling suggestions give squiggly lines on a non capital koran but not on a the word bible).

We have already lost. Just enjoy what you have for now. I have no idea why I try to even engage. Fuck it.

Your posts are very emotional. No one disagrees that it is bullshit. If we dont go to through the current process to buy them, the .gov isn't magically going to make them legal at walmart otc one day. Theyre plan to make the process so inconvenient and expensive would work to show they are "dangerous and unusual" and outright ban them. Don't buy them or make your own without a form 4 those are your only two options outside the current process.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:45:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Rem700PSS:
I won't look a gift horse in the mouth but...why is this happening?
View Quote

Sucker bait.

Collecting lots and lots of names / locations of "extreme right wing white supremacists" and sorting out those who have dogs first.

Not today Mr. ATF man, not today.
*ackschully I'm a poor and can be classified as jealous.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:47:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Lhotse:

I did three at Silencer Central and the rest at Capital Armory. Capital Armory was way faster getting everything submitted, SC didn't have any open slots to certify for several weeks.
View Quote

I just ordered two cans from SC.   Darn.   Oh well, I'm not in a huge hurry.   Nice to have options though!
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:50:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Supressors are mostly out of stock now.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:59:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 50cal] [#26]
Originally Posted By luscioman:
View Quote

My last 2 cans were fairly cheap. A Turbo K for $280 and a Rex Silentium MG7 for $320. With wait times down, a lot of people are jumping on the suppressor bandwagon. Supply and demand are going to see suppressors go up in price because of low inventory.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:09:47 AM EDT
[#27]

The left can't meme but the right sure as fuck can strategize.
View Quote

I have worked for the government most of my adult life and traveled as a minor with parents that work for the government plus all the government agencies that everyone has to deal with.

So the Government has had the following information on me for longer than 30-40 years. (If they kept it on record who knows I dont)

Social Security Number
Fingerprints
DNA
Blood Sample
Stool sample
Urine Sample
Shot records
Medical records
Marriage and cohabitation status
DL#
Address
Tax records
Employment Records
Court Records
Income
Vehicles owned
Allergies
Religious Preferences
Voting Records
firearms ownership status
Foreign national business and relationship status
Etc. Etc. Etc.

I am not worried or paranoid enough to think that owning NFA items is going to make a real difference if some agency wants to wreck my life.
I will follow the law and I don't break laws.

I have nothing to worry about above and beyond the next person.

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:28:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Please go to my thread and take my Poll
I'm curious if anyone new made their list, or if it's repeat customers.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:28:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By bad2006z71:

A theory I heard around here is that they are speeding up times to take away the argument of long waits for when all semi auto's get put on the NFA.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bad2006z71:
kind of HONEYPOT?

while valid theory
we pretending they need to trap ppl into this?
honey pot that almost everyone ur getting has already been trapped.....

also, at some point the word of Vichy DC means nothing....
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:34:28 AM EDT
[#30]
I think I'm going to finally bite the bullet.  Been wanting an all around rifle suppressor for awhile.

For those with more knowledge and experience (in addition to helping out others like me in this tread), give me a list of four or five 30cal suppressors to look into for use on my 5.56 and 7.62 ARs.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:42:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By BIGSHOOTER414:
Running out of money is the real problem rn
View Quote

Capital Armory is basically out of everything that isn't $1k a can...  so I guess that's why I went with silencer shop.  They actually had some YHM R9 s in stock.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:44:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By AzzFaceKillah:
Why do I feel like this also a setup?
View Quote

Same vibes here
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:45:25 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Someone call a waaaahmbulance.   I get it.   The NFA has been in existence for several decades before most of us were born.   That doesn't make it right or even theoretically Constitutional - but it's established "law" and isn't going anywhere.   Therefore, the more cans in the wild the better for us all.    Hell, maybe we'll eventually be able to argue "in common use" and overturn the NFA!

As for lists....   I'm already on ALL of them.   Fuck it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:46:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lokifox] [#34]
Originally Posted By Rem700PSS:
I think I'm going to finally bite the bullet.  Been wanting an all around rifle suppressor for awhile.

For those with more knowledge and experience (in addition to helping out others like me in this tread), give me a list of four or five 30cal suppressors to look into for use on my 5.56 and 7.62 ARs.
View Quote

I won't say what you should buy, but it should be Hub compatible and lightweight. Short is also a plus.

People get wrapped around suppression levels but it's a bit of a joke. Most cartridge/host/can combinations aren't hearing safe anyway.

Low back pressure or flow-through designs are not quiet by comparison to traditional designs on a bolt-action host, but they keep you from having to mess with the host rifle too much (auto-loaders specifically).

Overbore cans are nice because they give you future options and reduce back-pressure by nature (think 458 caliber can on a 5.56 host, or 308 on a 5.56, etc.).

You can't go wrong with most of the modern cans. You will eventually despise the suppressor if you only own one or two and you lock yourself into a shitty mounting system. Think AAC 18T or 51T back in the days of yore.

ETA - I repeat, do not buy a heavy can. The fact that 2 lb. cans exist in 2024 is mind-boggling (excluding the 50s and such).
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:04:30 PM EDT
[#35]
I love my M4 2000 and the 51t mounts.   Easy to swap and doesn't back off.   Sure, I have a few hundred invested in compatible flash hiders but those things are tanks.

I prefer it to direct thread and the more expensive 3 lug or variants.   But to each their own!
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:22:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By luscioman:
View Quote

I just bought the last Dead Air Wolfman at my LGS. They said they had 20 a week ago.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:34:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lokifox] [#37]
Originally Posted By RRA_223:
I love my M4 2000 and the 51t mounts.   Easy to swap and doesn't back off.   Sure, I have a few hundred invested in compatible flash hiders but those things are tanks.

I prefer it to direct thread and the more expensive 3 lug or variants.   But to each their own!
View Quote

I went through two latches on my M4-2K before I had it converted to Hub.

Wasn't too fun when AAC was out of business.

..... I was careful too. After the first one I got really careful but I think heat ate the spring. Contrast that with a bunch of YHM mounts that I abused with massive amounts of full-auto, and never had an issue with.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes

Not at all. I would suggest nobody partake at all and apply the money to GOA and others along with political pressure.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 5:19:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By BURN:

I have worked for the government most of my adult life and traveled as a minor with parents that work for the government plus all the government agencies that everyone has to deal with.

So the Government has had the following information on me for longer than 30-40 years. (If they kept it on record who knows I dont)

Social Security Number
Fingerprints
DNA
Blood Sample
Stool sample
Urine Sample
Shot records
Medical records
DL#
Address
Tax records
Employment Records
Court Records
Income
Vehicles owned
Allergies
Religious Preferences
Voting Records
Etc. Etc. Etc.

I am not worried or paranoid enough to think that owning NFA items is going to make a real difference if some agency wants to wreck my life.

View All Quotes

Social Security Number
Fingerprints
DNA
Blood Sample
Stool sample
Urine Sample
Shot records
Medical records
DL#
Address
Tax records
Employment Records
Court Records
Income
Vehicles owned
Allergies
Religious Preferences
Voting Records
Etc. Etc. Etc.

It's not so much the information but the restriction of a right that sickens me.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 5:22:19 PM EDT
[#40]
This thread cost me $1,300 today…
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 5:24:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#41]

Not at all. I would suggest nobody partake at all and apply the money to GOA and others along with political pressure.
View All Quotes

So, basically giving them what their intended goal was? That’s certainly one way to play it I guess.

You can also do both.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:19:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By NwG:
This thread cost me $1,300 today
View Quote
Unless you transferred or made six suppressors/SBRs (at $200 ea) and also transferred twenty AOWs (at $5 ea), how did you get to $1,300?

If you're gonna be hyperbolic, at least be mathematically accurate.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:21:38 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote
While your sentiment is admirable it's also naive and a great example of living in the fantasyland of Libertarians, rather than acknowledging in the real, imperfect world. Yeah, keep applying pressure and all that. But you can happily not partake and never get any of the fun toys. Or you can apply pressure and be realistic and get fun toys. You do you.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:34:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Sartorius:
Unless you transferred or made six suppressors/SBRs (at $200 ea) and also transferred twenty AOWs (at $5 ea), how did you get to $1,300?

View Quote

Is it not possible to buy an $1100 suppressor and a $200 tax stamp???
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:50:55 PM EDT
[#45]

It's not so much the information but the restriction of a right that sickens me.
View All Quotes

Social Security Number
Fingerprints
DNA
Blood Sample
Stool sample
Urine Sample
Shot records
Medical records
DL#
Address
Tax records
Employment Records
Court Records
Income
Vehicles owned
Allergies
Religious Preferences
Voting Records
Etc. Etc. Etc.

I understand but it’s been 90 years
I can follow the law and work to change the law at the same time
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:39:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By tenex:

View Quote
Eh, I was thinking he blew all $1300 on tax stamps. These things sometimes happen.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:53:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By shaggy:
I got two cans in the last month.  Problem now is that because of the faster F4 times it seems like everyone is buying, so finding the can you want in stock is getting difficult.  I've also heard F3 times are starting to grow longer.
View Quote

I am definitely seeing this.   My local guns store/range that has a kiosk definitely has slim pickings not.   My thought was I am have to wait might as well start the clock as soon as possible.  But evidently many people wouldn't even consider buying a suppressor because of the long wait time.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:02:59 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
It sickens all of us. But until suppressors are removed from the NFA, your options are:

1. Play the game
2. Make an illegal suppressor that you can't use in public.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sartorius:

In my area, after sales tax, that is very close to the price of a Salvo.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:53:36 AM EDT
[#50]
I've heard the faster times only apply to the individual Form 4 and not the Trusts.  Is this true?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top