Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:17:19 PM EDT
[#1]
3 weeks on a paper form 4, nothing yet. It would be nice if eforms would work person to person.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 11:54:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TugJob:

Hard to do with so many models out of stock now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TugJob:
Originally Posted By Colt_sporter:

Submit something “new” I was told today that the old form sometimes gets approved with the more recent form…in the shorter time frame.

Hard to do with so many models out of stock now.

Shop in my area has a Salvo in stock. Very tempted to go try to trade my .500 for it...got the gun for well under normal sticker so I'd still make money on the trade, and there's plenty of meat on the bone for the shop.

But I don't know if I want to part with the .500.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 5:56:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Almost pulled the trigger on an Omega 45 yesterday but they sold out in a matter of minutes.

Jeebus.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Are different regions handled differently?

I've never had a delay on NICS and a form 1 came back in 11 days in December.
Coming up on a month now
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 12:02:20 AM EDT
[#5]
My suppressor shipped....

Should have it this week.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 12:13:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By BURN:
My suppressor shipped....

Should have it this week.
View Quote

My first batch ships on the 12th!
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 1:43:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Serious question:

Why are some of you guys using paper forms? Greater chance of being lost, etc, and definitely a longer wait time.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 1:52:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By txgunguy:
Serious question:

Why are some of you guys using paper forms? Greater chance of being lost, etc, and definitely a longer wait time.
View Quote

Glutton for punishment, like those of us still using trusts?

Mail in guys get physical stamps.  Not sure what the advantage of that is though.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#9]
A guy at work got a new suppressor last week....told me it tool 3 days for the e-file to get approved. That's awesome!

Looks like it's time for me to pick one up now...
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By txgunguy:
Serious question:

View Quote

Not everyone is buying new or filling a form 1. Individual to individual is still done via paper. I can wait for my mg.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I certified and submitted a sparrow through silencershop kiosk late Friday afternoon,  got approval back this morning... I'm never going to financially recover from this.

Shopping pistol and 5.56 cans now and going to start another one today.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:41:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Rem700PSS:
I won't look a gift horse in the mouth but...why is this happening?
View Quote

@Rem700PSS
I bet they want to get as many people on the list as possible.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:52:01 PM EDT
[#13]
3 weeks for silencerco to certify. Another 10 days for the gunshop to submit to the atf due to system issues caused by atf system updates supposedly. Ready to certify went back to ready to stage. Actually submitted on 4/2 once I went in and asked the shop what the fuck is going on. Nothing yet. So far not really wowed for my first can. Already have an sbr. I was not holding my breath for a fast turn around so I’ll just get on with my life and stop thinking about it
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:06:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kingfish] [#14]
Originally Posted By DriftingArmed:
3 weeks for silencerco to certify. Another 10 days for the gunshop to submit to the atf due to system issues caused by atf system updates supposedly. Ready to certify went back to ready to stage. Actually submitted on 4/2 once I went in and asked the shop what the fuck is going on. Nothing yet. So far not really wowed for my first can. Already have an sbr. I was not holding my breath for a fast turn around so I’ll just get on with my life and stop thinking about it
View Quote

Next time skip SilencerCo.  I did my Eform on Thursday at my FFL and got the email from the ATF on Monday.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:13:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I filed 3 form 1s for 3 SBRs one came back in 3 days. The others I am still waiting for. This was two weeks ago. The funny thing is the third one is the one that was approved. Same everything for paperwork.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:16:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Still waiting for my M16A1.  Have KAC PRT inbound, will see how that goes.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:03:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Got it delivered to my door today....

very nice
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:12:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:07:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Got a suppressor stamp in 4 business days. Amazing
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:04:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Going in the wrong direction now:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:07:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: braapJob] [#21]
Ordered an OCM5 3/19 and it's been sitting in "Preparing for eForms" purgatory for almost 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:50:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I mailed 3 form 4's last Friday. Waiting to see how long the approval takes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:53:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Submitted one 2 weeks ago and nothing, form 4 individual. Guess because my NICS check doesn’t go through instantly I’ll have to wait who knows how long.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:01:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Filed on 4/12
Approved on 4/17

First can and I’m stoked for it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#25]
And us trust guys continue to feel the pain.  Got two outstanding Form 4s.  Both over 5 months and counting.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:13:04 PM EDT
[#26]
One of my friends was 40 hours from cert to approval.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:16:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Those getting eform1s back so quickly... How are you doing your prints?

I have a digital copy of my prints but it's Photoshop copy so I can print out my own, not eft prints.

Is there a way to get copies of prints you can email/upload to them.l?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:18:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By robmkivseries70:

@Rem700PSS
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By robmkivseries70:

@Rem700PSS

Makes sense to me.  End around gun registration.  If you buy a suppressor, more than likely you have a gun.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:28:18 PM EDT
[#30]
At 2 weeks and nothing yet. I’m not expecting anything fast
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:36:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:
And us trust guys continue to feel the pain.  Got two outstanding Form 4s.  Both over 5 months and counting.
View Quote

I really do not understand why trust applications are taking longer. I have filed a number of Form 1 trusts lately, and they cleared in four to seven days, so the trust aspect is not an issue!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:39:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Damn. EFiled Form 4 individual Mar 25. Certified Mar 27. Nothing since.  May contact dealer and see what's up tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Submitted 4/16/24 12:18 PM
Approved 4/17/24 2:21 PM

26hrs 3 min
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:23:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Damnit this thread has me looking
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:31:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By CavVet:
Damnit this thread has me looking
View Quote

All the good cans are sold out everywhere.

Unless you get lucky with a in-stock notice somewhere, the back order wait time is longer than approval times.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By QRB:

I really do not understand why trust applications are taking longer. I have filed a number of Form 1 trusts lately, and they cleared in four to seven days, so the trust aspect is not an issue!
View Quote

According to the ATF, they have to verify the trusts are legal in the states they were created then they do the other transfer stuff.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:47:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

According to the ATF, they have to verify the trusts are legal in the states they were created then they do the other transfer stuff.
View Quote

I can understand that the first time the trust submits an application, but after that it should just be a quick scan for any amendment changes and then approve it.  I've got multiple SBRs and suppressors approved using the same trust, shouldn't need to do an entire review each time.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By captexas:
I can understand that the first time the trust submits an application, but after that it should just be a quick scan for any amendment changes and then approve it.  I've got multiple SBRs and suppressors approved using the same trust, shouldn't need to do an entire review each time.
View Quote

IIRC trusts aren't retained so the examiner doesn't know each time whether or not it's the same one.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:34:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yamahawarrior89] [#39]
Originally Posted By drfroglegs:
Those getting eform1s back so quickly... How are you doing your prints?

I have a digital copy of my prints but it's Photoshop copy so I can print out my own, not eft prints.

Is there a way to get copies of prints you can email/upload to them.l?
View Quote

If you use Capitol Armory:
https://www.capitolarmory.com/fingerprint-reprint-digital-download.html

If not, Hansohn Brothers is awesome:
https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/hansohn-brothers/accessories/eft-conversion-service/

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:40:10 PM EDT
[#40]
I’m still waiting been a month now
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Because the left wants to put semi auto's in the NFA, for an eventual ban.  It was literally on Biden's 2020 campaign website, and is now found on other gun control websites.

You can put millions on the NFA is the process takes a year, so they're speeding things up.  Dolts think it's because of some dumb lawsuit over wait times, but the ATF couldn't give a rat's fuck about that.

The brace debacle was the test to see people would, and enough people were dumb enough to take the bait.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:58:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Federov:

Because the left wants to put semi auto's in the NFA, for an eventual ban.  It was literally on Biden's 2020 campaign website, and is now found on other gun control websites.

You can put millions on the NFA is the process takes a year, so they're speeding things up.  Dolts think it's because of some dumb lawsuit over wait times, but the ATF couldn't give a rat's fuck about that.

The brace debacle was the test to see people would, and enough people were dumb enough to take the bait.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Federov:

Damn I guess I’ll quit buying cans then.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:05:23 PM EDT
[#43]
My boss and I purchased suppressors together in Feb. The shop we purchased from uses Silencer Shop. I certified mine Feb 26. My status still says "certified".

My boss finally got around to certifying his Monday. Came back approved today (Weds).

Happy for him but WTF!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:10:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By braapJob:
Ordered an OCM5 3/19 and it's been sitting in "Preparing for eForms" purgatory for almost 3 weeks.
View Quote

You won’t be disappointed when you get it.  It is super nice and quiet.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:16:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FishKepr] [#45]
Originally Posted By braapJob:
View Quote

Did you buy it through Silencer Shop?
Is the suppressor at your local dealer?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:29:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

View Quote

I think you are missing my point. They process Form 1 trusts in a few days. Therefore, the trust aspect of the process takes little if any extra time. Thus there is no logical reason for Form 4 trust applications to be delayed so significantly.

But then, logic is a mental process not to be applied to those in the "gubermint."
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:35:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Sanity check here. My Form 4 says "certified" on my Silencershop dashboard. That means it's awaiting ATF approval correct?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:40:36 PM EDT
[#48]
If anyone from TBAC reads ARF…

Build your new 50 can in steel and charge a non-rape price for it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:51:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By FishKepr:
Going in the wrong direction now:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/958/IMG_5985_jpeg-3190526.JPG
View Quote

I'm at 247 days for two suppressors on an EForm4 for a trust, so their numbers are kind of optimistic.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:55:19 PM EDT
[#50]
My timeline was exactly 3 weeks from placing the order on SS to pickup. Form 4 was approved in 5 days.

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top