User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:33:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fucking RINO.
View Quote

You missed the uniparty globohomo shill part.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:36:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Lots of edgelords here posting but not coming up with solutions.

The solutions offered in this thread aren't good either.  How long can you keep a homeless person in a hospital psych ward?  If they are legit crazy that would have to be indefinitely.  

Who will pay for that?  Someone will.

I don't know what sort of economic impact homeslls have in the streets but it will be a significant impact if they have to go to hospitals.

There has to be other solutions?  Besides some of the edgy responses already posted like shipping to Cali or worse
View Quote
The impact is already being felt in crime, property damage, disease, reduced foot traffic in downtown areas, etc. It needs to be done. It also won’t be, because racism and any other -ism.

But it’s like how SF was cleaned up for Xi’s visit in basically a day. It damn well can be done.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:37:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

All large hospitals have  psych wards so that's where they will end up
View Quote

The psych wards in this part of FL are always at capacity.  Of course many/most admissions are malingerers looking to escape a situation they caused.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:43:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Ok, we're talking about Florida...

They'll probably end up squatting in the backyards of semi-rural homes and/or camp out in the bushes....driving you can see their tents there and I think Pasco County people claimed that when they were driven out of Tampa, they ended up in backyards of homes and shit.

View Quote

They'll still end up sleeping in public and private places, this just give leo the ability to say gtfo
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:44:50 AM EDT
[#5]
A lot of them are from other states. They come here for the weather and wealth. They can go back to
where they came from.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:46:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The majority are low IQ, mentally ill, and incapable of real work. What you wanna do with those?
View Quote

You forgot lazy, irresponsible and drug addicted.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:50:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Deport them, or institutionalize them, enough of this shit.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you talk with the homeless or housing challenged, among other things is that they are afraid of the shelters, churches, etc because they aren't safe or the other residents are zombies.  Maybe some type of guard or monitors.  The rest have serious mental issues that a shelter won't solve.
View Quote
Right, and sleeping in the street or under a bridge down by the river is safer?  

That's what's called a lame excuse.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:57:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The majority are low IQ, mentally ill, and incapable of real work. What you wanna do with those?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go to shelters that force them to get clean, it's in the link.

Turn them into green power generators
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:05:37 AM EDT
[#10]
It's popular to just write them off as "mentally defective, drug addicts, alcoholics, etc., etc.", but from what I've seen and read, lots of the homeless are otherwise sane people who consider "camping out" to be an adventure, or a return to basic living like in times past.  And many of them have just given up on the responsibilities of modern life ... like having to pay taxes, utilities, fuel bills, etc., and they've shucked all that off to "live free".

Problem is, they live free at our (taxpayer and property owner) expense. Personally, I hate people who are lazyasses and expect others to support them. And I hate thieves and fake beggars more than anything, and that's how many of them live.

Fuck the homeless.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:12:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What are they suppose to do, stay awake 24/7?
View Quote

Go to new york, california, Illinois....
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:17:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you talk with the homeless or housing challenged, among other things is that they are afraid of the shelters, churches, etc because they aren't safe or the other residents are zombies.  Maybe some type of guard or monitors.  The rest have serious mental issues that a shelter won't solve.

It is because they are not allowed to drink or do drugs in the shelters.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Turn them into green power generators
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEilnyWq1DQ8RTlIoVm0Sgzz5p-dA4VsTJIa9Hzw0rYwJdAjZcTTluR0ztp823qMIJniZl0iCDYmyl1YcOh4lzwA4QuukB41cdExlXgG8mMb2en_LmLU9Bxy433diQAzbsJRtvsXog/s1600/DSCF6264.JPG

Rickshaw

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:13:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Mind your pace, boy. Chop, chop!
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:49:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Where should they sleep then? Homeless people are by definition homeless. Should they sleep on the private property they don't have?

I know there are shelters, but do they have capacity? I know for a fact some shelters won't take in anybody convicted of a violent offense or who can't pass a drug test.. where do they sleep? They have a physical body that cannot simply pop out of existence.

What's the alternative?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Where should they sleep then? Homeless people are by definition homeless. Should they sleep on the private property they don't have?

I know there are shelters, but do they have capacity? I know for a fact some shelters won't take in anybody convicted of a violent offense or who can't pass a drug test.. where do they sleep? They have a physical body that cannot simply pop out of existence.

What's the alternative?
View Quote
In practice this gives cops a chance to “move them along”

They’ll find that they get hassled for sleeping in front of decent businesses where before people were too afraid to do shit about it.

Cops aren’t going to go search the industrial areas and backwoods for bums unless they’re exceptionally bored or said bums are causing enough problems to draw attention.

This law isn’t appearing out of thin air.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Procecute the fuckers employing illegals and I bet this place would sort itself out.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:28:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I think you might have missed the entire point of my post. I’m supporting what DeSantis is doing. I’m simply pointing out that the road to “fix” what the left has done, and hopefully keep them from doing it again, is going to involve forcing some people to modify their behavior, which is something that makes a lot of people here squeamish.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amazing how just a few years ago, such a law would have been decried as tyranny by most members here. Apparently people being free to live and sleep anywhere open to the public is just a little too scary, even for arfcom.

We need more laws like this, but we have a little further to fall before we'll have the will to see them through.
Stay in Michigan. It's the perfect state for you. Heck, you can even make $500 housing future patriotic Americans now.

I think you might have missed the entire point of my post. I’m supporting what DeSantis is doing. I’m simply pointing out that the road to “fix” what the left has done, and hopefully keep them from doing it again, is going to involve forcing some people to modify their behavior, which is something that makes a lot of people here squeamish.

Laws against vagrancy have been on the books since before the Revolution.

Guess the Founders, and all those folks were leftists. Who knew?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:35:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The real reason is, in a shelter they're not allowed to shoot up, or to panhandle (so they can pay for more drugs to shoot up with).
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:36:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Send them to Mexico
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#21]
This is good because now cops can arrest them and take to a designated shelter or a place that deals with homeless and get them the help they need. It takes them off the streets in public places. Now the cops have the power to do their jobs. Also homeless people can be outright dangerous to be around, I've seen videos where they run up to people and stab or attack them for no reason.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:42:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn.
Having a sandwich at the park and taking a 20-minute nap in the sun was one of my guilty spring pleasures.
I miss that.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#23]
This should become a Federal law.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:44:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bus tickets to California, Martha's Vineyard, or New York.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:46:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Procecute the fuckers employing illegals and I bet this place would sort itself out.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Excellent.

This should be challenged and might go all the way up because the courts have ruled that homeless have the right to sleep on public property.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:48:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
They can fuck off to California.
View Quote

Never face your problems. That's the way to success!
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:49:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Liberals are just worthless pieces of shit.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:52:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Why face your problems when you can just wish them away?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:54:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Cmon Texas
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:54:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They should learn to code.
View Quote

Or die.

Like Squid Game but for coding.

You best know Bottom-up Dynamic Programming with Tabularization really well.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#32]
You aught to see them in the Keys
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:59:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:Turn them into green power generators
View Quote

To power EVs.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Publix hires them to stock shelves and be baggers.
Good Will and Salvation Army hire them to sort donations.
McDonalds hires them to work the drive through window.
The rest can be shipped to NYC.

My cousin has a slew of business that use low IQ people that can't do heavy work.  
Putting clips on women's hair rollers then bagging them by size.
Sorting the clothes hangers from the big boxes from department stores/WM/etc.
Boxing ammo as it comes off the assembly line.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry if that's too close to home but the population of illegals in Florida is higher than in Texas during the 90's.  I'll never forget staying next to a MAGA trailerpark kingpin with his Filipina wife that had a crew of illegals slapping together his dream home from questionably sourced materials.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:16:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I don't think humans can compete with ditch-digging machines. In the legend of John Henry the attempts killed the only man tough enough to try in the 1800s.
View Quote

LoL lots of hand work digging ditches, cleaning our storm sewer grates, etc.  That is how I paid my way through college.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:20:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The impact is already being felt in crime, property damage, disease, reduced foot traffic in downtown areas, etc. It needs to be done. It also won’t be, because racism and any other -ism.

But it’s like how SF was cleaned up for Xi’s visit in basically a day. It damn well can be done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The solutions offered in this thread aren't good either.  How long can you keep a homeless person in a hospital psych ward?  If they are legit crazy that would have to be indefinitely.  

I don't know what sort of economic impact homeslls have in the streets but it will be a significant impact if they have to go to hospitals.

There has to be other solutions?  Besides some of the edgy responses already posted like shipping to Cali or worse

Agreed.  That turnaround was incredible.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:20:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

A shovel doesn’t take much work to it?

Have you used one much? 35 years as a new construction plumber I’ve racked up some time, and yes, it does take “work to it”, and skill. We hand dig the majority of our undergrounds. As far as giving the homeless a shovel, who’s hiring them? I’m not. Maybe concrete guys, they’re basically homeless anyways. Also “do”.
View Quote

Meaning it’s a low-skilled job that requires little training. Back breaking sure, hard work absolutely but something people of limited abilities can do. Sounds like you can direct their efforts, not saying they’re ideal employees but pretend they’re not useful to some degree is dishonest.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Go to NY or CA or CO.    
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Send them to Mexico. Let's play the same game.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:28:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't seem to have any problems riding their bikes or pulling their carts from their camp sites to make beer runs from what I've seen.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:32:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

They don't seem to have any problems riding their bikes or pulling their carts from their camp sites to make beer runs from what I've seen.

View Quote

or standing in a median for hours begging in the mid 90°s with 100% humidity.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:37:05 PM EDT
[#43]
There are more reasons than I will mention here, but the this has been a long time coming. His old stomping grounds, St John's County (St. Augustine) has had a lot of issues with homeless/vagrants/etc. the city council has largely pandered to the liberal vote despite being a largely conservative strong hold in years past. Enough shit on the sidewalks there has prompted near constant confrontation between residence and the council. Enough is enough. When he was my congressman there I had an issue that his office bent over backwards to assist with and had it cleared up incredibly fast.

Combine those complaints and I'm sure many others within Florida just like it and the obvious issue other states are having and Desantis drew a line.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:48:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok Mr Oklahoma tell us about how much you know about how to deal with the homeless

Come on out to CA and see what happens when you let them do whatever the hell they want.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sanitarium

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:15:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Excellent.

This should be challenged and might go all the way up because the courts have ruled that homeless have the right to sleep on public property.
View Quote

Really? So we've all been paying campsites for no reason?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:18:19 PM EDT
[#47]
This is great, Indiana please follow.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:21:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Dame way you would with welfare recipients..
Road side trash duty. Mopping floors at the dmv... putting stamps on envelopes etc etc etc.

That or the solent green option
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dame way you would with welfare recipients..
Road side trash duty. Mopping floors at the dmv... putting stamps on envelopes etc etc etc.

That or the solent green option

So you want the state to take care of them?  Even if it's putting them in work camps or gulags? Forcibly incarcerate them and spend money/resources making them do minimum wage work?

It's shitty situation, made even worse by closing down mental hospitals and liberal policies of coddling the homeless and even encouraging it, but simply banning them from sleeping in public doesn't seem like a very viable solution.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
They would not want me in charge.  Homelessness would be a felony.  You'd be scooped up against your will.  Stripped of everything. Cleaned, shaved and dewormed.  Then spend a year in "custody" getting dry and learning a trade.   No second chance. Ever.  

In Japan there is no homeless problem.  It's ILLEGAL to give money to the homeless.  And they get help.
View Quote

This sounds great in theory, but you are basically saying you would either have the state pay to involuntarily house these people, or execute them (I'm assuming that's what no second change ever means).  Which is pretty tyrannical for the government to kill someone for being a lazy bum.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:29:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Illegals are typically extremely hard workers, and are willing to a lot of dirty, difficult work for low pay.  Homeless people are typically lazy and/or mentally ill.  They are homeless specifically for the reason that they don't have a good work ethic.  If they did, they wouldn't be homeless...
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top