Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:32:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They don't seem to have any problems riding their bikes or pulling their carts from their camp sites to make beer runs from what I've seen.

View Quote

Watch one get angry.  They’ll throw that rollator 15 feet or get up out of that wheelchair and stomp around like they’re training for the Olympics.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:37:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Meaning it’s a low-skilled job that requires little training. Back breaking sure, hard work absolutely but something people of limited abilities can do. Sounds like you can direct their efforts, not saying they’re ideal employees but pretend they’re not useful to some degree is dishonest.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A shovel doesn’t take much work to it?

Have you used one much? 35 years as a new construction plumber I’ve racked up some time, and yes, it does take “work to it”, and skill. We hand dig the majority of our undergrounds. As far as giving the homeless a shovel, who’s hiring them? I’m not. Maybe concrete guys, they’re basically homeless anyways. Also “do”.

Meaning it’s a low-skilled job that requires little training. Back breaking sure, hard work absolutely but something people of limited abilities can do. Sounds like you can direct their efforts, not saying they’re ideal employees but pretend they’re not useful to some degree is dishonest.

99% are not useful. You cant be around them. They are irrational, sick, narcissistic, and unpredictable not to mention way too unhealthy for labor. Have you had interactions with any?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:40:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The majority are low IQ, mentally ill, and incapable of real work. What you wanna do with those?
View Quote

Ship them to a state like New York, Washington, or California which is better able to help them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Laws against vagrancy have been on the books since before the Revolution.

Guess the Founders, and all those folks were leftists. Who knew?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amazing how just a few years ago, such a law would have been decried as tyranny by most members here. Apparently people being free to live and sleep anywhere open to the public is just a little too scary, even for arfcom.

We need more laws like this, but we have a little further to fall before we'll have the will to see them through.
Stay in Michigan. It's the perfect state for you. Heck, you can even make $500 housing future patriotic Americans now.

I think you might have missed the entire point of my post. I’m supporting what DeSantis is doing. I’m simply pointing out that the road to “fix” what the left has done, and hopefully keep them from doing it again, is going to involve forcing some people to modify their behavior, which is something that makes a lot of people here squeamish.

Why have they stopped being enforced?  

Rhetorical question, unless someone really knows.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't think humans can compete with ditch-digging machines. In the legend of John Henry the attempts killed the only man tough enough to try in the 1800s.
View Quote

Point is, some menial work can be done by some of these types given them a path to a normal life. Some may say homeless are the ultimate in Freedom but that's really not true, they rely on public funds/services/hand outs to survive so their 'freedom' strips other's of their (financial freedoms.) Also, a good number of them are a public nuisance, shitting/pissing in public where others and committing petty crimes. It's not like these types live out all alone and never bother others, if that were the case I'd say leave them alone. Problem is, the must be around others and otherwise infringe upon others, some are outright dangerous.

There are plenty of programs to help these people into a role where they're a functioning person, for the one's that can't an institution should be an option.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:21:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Florida needs to open some psych wards again. The low IQ ones can be trained to pick up trash.
View Quote

Trash for food.  

Enough trash picked up and you get a spot in the shelter.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:21:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Send them to Alabama, they'll make good fans! RTR!
View Quote

Go War Eagles!

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:26:56 PM EDT
[#8]
We need to open the asylums back up , that would take care of alot of them.

Furthermore, this will be as useful of a law as the hands-free while driving. Not that I'm against either.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

99% are not useful. You cant be around them. They are irrational, sick, narcissistic, and unpredictable not to mention way too unhealthy for labor. Have you had interactions with any?
View Quote

Yes I have, some are extremely unpleasant but they're still have some value. For those that don't, throw them into an institution.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Deport them, or institutionalize them, enough of this shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The majority are low IQ, mentally ill, and incapable of real work. What you wanna do with those?

Deport them, or institutionalize them, enough of this shit.

If we deport all the illegals, there would be shelters in Martha's Vineyard they can live in.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:27:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Make Florida clean ??
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:30:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Amazing how just a few years ago, such a law would have been decried as tyranny by most members here. Apparently people being free to live and sleep anywhere open to the public is just a little too scary, even for arfcom.

We need more laws like this, but we have a little further to fall before we'll have the will to see them through.
Stay in Michigan. It's the perfect state for you. Heck, you can even make $500 housing future patriotic Americans now.

I think you might have missed the entire point of my post. I’m supporting what DeSantis is doing. I’m simply pointing out that the road to “fix” what the left has done, and hopefully keep them from doing it again, is going to involve forcing some people to modify their behavior, which is something that makes a lot of people here squeamish.

Money
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's popular to just write them off as "mentally defective, drug addicts, alcoholics, etc., etc.", but from what I've seen and read, lots of the homeless are otherwise sane people who consider "camping out" to be an adventure, or a return to basic living like in times past.  And many of them have just given up on the responsibilities of modern life ... like having to pay taxes, utilities, fuel bills, etc., and they've shucked all that off to "live free".

Problem is, they live free at our (taxpayer and property owner) expense. Personally, I hate people who are lazyasses and expect others to support them. And I hate thieves and fake beggars more than anything, and that's how many of them live.

Fuck the homeless.
View Quote

I can agree with most of that. When you take a look at some of them they clearly are crafty and motivated enough not to just die so they arent totally mentally deficient. They just have it too easy not to have to do anything. Why work when you can get free food and pop up a tent in the woods? Clearly there are mental defective mixed in and some with varying degrees of it.

I really hate that it takes another law but honestly the shit has gotten a lot worse recently and dont see it getting better here unless something is done to change or deter that behavior. We used to rarely see any and now they are all over the place littering shit everywhere, begging on every corner, tent encampments all over town in vacant woods, pack ratting in mountains of trash and shit.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:22:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Go live in the woods off the side of the road. Just stop being a disgusting piece of shit laying sprawled out in front of the gas station. I have no sympathy, life was not nice to me, but I didn’t fuck off, I worked hard.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Wish other states would pass similar laws.
View Quote

At the state level, we will see what SCOTUS says as they are set to rule on a similar law from Oregon.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/homeless-crackdown-gains-momentum-california-us-supreme-court-test-looms-2024-03-02/

San Diego passed a local ordinance that prohibits "camping" in public but it's been largely unenforceable.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:45:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I plan on calling dispatch every time I see one camped out or sleeping on public property.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:49:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Bus them to homeless sanctuary cities on the West Coast.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:51:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
 No longer interested in taking the moral high-ground.
View Quote

I haven't been interested in that for decades. You just get taken advantage of.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Send the whole lot of them to Burma, feedd them rice and make them build a bridge.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

UnConstitutional in many cases.

So much so most County Attorneys/ADA's wont prosecute. Police departments that regularly arrest people on such cases get sued.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It is public after all.

A much better solution is to make it uncomfortable for them. Throw away their trash, destroy their encampments.
View Quote

This.

While you can't boot them off of public property you can make life so miserable there so that they'll leave.

Water the lawn for a few hours a night.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Bus tickets to California, Martha's Vineyard, or New York.
View Quote

This.

Preferably the Vineyard.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:06:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The impact is already being felt in crime, property damage, disease, reduced foot traffic in downtown areas, etc. It needs to be done. It also won’t be, because racism and any other -ism.

But it’s like how SF was cleaned up for Xi’s visit in basically a day. It damn well can be done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lots of edgelords here posting but not coming up with solutions.

The solutions offered in this thread aren't good either.  How long can you keep a homeless person in a hospital psych ward?  If they are legit crazy that would have to be indefinitely.  

Who will pay for that?  Someone will.

I don't know what sort of economic impact homeslls have in the streets but it will be a significant impact if they have to go to hospitals.

There has to be other solutions?  Besides some of the edgy responses already posted like shipping to Cali or worse
The impact is already being felt in crime, property damage, disease, reduced foot traffic in downtown areas, etc. It needs to be done. It also won’t be, because racism and any other -ism.

But it’s like how SF was cleaned up for Xi’s visit in basically a day. It damn well can be done.

It ain't hard, what do people think used to happen?

You roust the shitbirds, convince them to clean their act up or move along... if they don't comprende you escalate to the Jesus compells you stage..
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:07:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Banning it is one thing, enforcing that ban is quite another.  I hope for the latter but have seen too much of the former.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:52:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Banning it is one thing, enforcing that ban is quite another.  I hope for the latter but have seen too much of the former.
View Quote
This. Hopefully he can get the cities onboard to actually enforce it. The problem is there's too many social justice warriors that like to sue on behalf of these dregs of society instead of committing them so they can get the care they need.
Mental hospitals have a bad rap like nuclear energy. Most of it is old, outdated info but people won't let it go.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm ok with this as long as there really is a place for them to go.
A while back I was trying to help someone find a shelter and
they were all full. Show up on Tuesday morning between 7 and 8 am
for screening. Unless you are a female victim of domestic violence
there really don't appear to be many good options.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:15:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Trash for food.  

Enough trash picked up and you get a spot in the shelter.
View Quote

That is the whole point. They DO NOT want a spot in the shelter.  They can't have their drugs and alcohol in the shelter. They would rather sleep on the street.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Low IQ can do manual labor, or starve if they choose not to. Mentally ill need to go to facilities where they will receive treatment. Anyone else who is somehow “incapable of real work” better figure it out or they can starve too.

I have zero fucks to give about people who give zero fucks about themselves.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:06:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Supreme Court said in January it would hear and appeal of a decision from a west coast appellate court that said it's unconstitutional to kick homeless off public property.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna133440
View Quote

I was wondering when someone was going to post this.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Homeless are just mental, the drugs are a byproduct. Clean them off of drugs and you basically have a retard. Then what? They go to work in IT and write their own check?
View Quote

They can go live with you since there is apparently no other option.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:25:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This is more accurate than people will realize.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Homeless are just mental, the drugs are a byproduct. Clean them off of drugs and you basically have a retard. Then what? They go to work in IT and write their own check?

Why are there so many more retarded people today than there were 20 years ago?

@MallSRTsniper
@boolzi
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:27:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

@MallSRTsniper
@boolzi
View Quote

Good times make weak men
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:27:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yup, while I agree with the need for the law, it is hardly freedom.

View Quote

Unfortunately freedom and social safety nets aren’t compatible.

@ClayHollisterTT
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Good times make weak men
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@MallSRTsniper
@boolzi
Good times make weak men
Nah I think there was just more space for them and they probably got run out of town or just shot more often.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:29:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If you talk with the homeless or housing challenged, among other things is that they are afraid of the shelters, churches, etc because they aren’t safe or the other residents are zombies.  Maybe some type of guard or monitors.  The rest have serious mental issues that a shelter won’t solve.
View Quote

You don’t have to stay in the shelter if you accept responsibility for yourself, and stop being a worthless leach.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It is public after all.

A much better solution is to make it uncomfortable for them. Throw away their trash, destroy their encampments.
View Quote

Can’t do that because the government can’t just destroy someone’s property.

The Supreme Court ruled on that decades ago.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

@MallSRTsniper
@boolzi
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@MallSRTsniper
@boolzi

Cause there are more people in general?

But, in simpler older societies(more homestead/farm) they were probably easier to retain in families. Today, we are less willing to take care of our retarded/narcissistic family, plus the availability of drugs probably exacerbate the issue.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

They’re unemployable.
View Quote

What is your solution since you don’t seem to like anyone else’s?

@boolzi
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:36:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
There is no belief in freedom on ARFCOM anymore. All of you are trading liberty to protect.....what exactly?  Are we so stupid that we still resort to "If WE can't control it we should ban it!"?.  All we ever do is outlaw things instead of solving the issues.   What if they could apply for a $200.00 tax stamp, and in 9 months be allowed to lay down on the bench?  Would you be OK with that?  

Any corrections officers that want to chime in?  Are you ready to work intake?   How many leo's just can't wait to log infor their shift now?  Since yall don't have enough to do already. Just wait for all the prisoner transports with the windows down and the AC on high.

But at least people won't see someone sleeping in front of Starbucks while they support the DNC by purchasing grande fraps latte ice tea.

I have not read one post questioning how this may affect veterans.  

How many who support this wear Gadsden Flag t shirts, or flags on their Ford TRX Tundra?
View Quote

Where do you live?

@Yani
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:39:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

@boolzi
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They’re unemployable.

@boolzi

I dont have one. But expecting someone, like me, to employ those messes is not rational.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Does this apply to the "van lifer" crowd?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go to shelters that force them to get clean, it's in the link.

Allow them sleep somewhere besides Florida.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Lots of edgelords here posting but not coming up with solutions.

The solutions offered in this thread aren't good either.  How long can you keep a homeless person in a hospital psych ward?  If they are legit crazy that would have to be indefinitely.  

Who will pay for that?  Someone will.

I don't know what sort of economic impact homeslls have in the streets but it will be a significant impact if they have to go to hospitals.

There has to be other solutions?  Besides some of the edgy responses already posted like shipping to Cali or worse

View Quote

If a person is crazy/mentally deficient they should be housed somewhere indefinitely. It is the only way. Crazies have proven they cannot be trusted to take the medication they are prescribed, and get the treatment they need unless you force them to, and they are too dangerous to allow to roam free.

People who are mentally deficient don’t deserve to die because they are born with an insurmountable disability, and can’t care for themselves so they should also be housed somewhere. Some of them might be able to live somewhat normal lives, and stay in group homes depending on their level of deficiency.

Anyone who chooses to be a leach deserves to starve. No social safety net. You don’t get to live on the streets because you’re too lazy, or hate responsibility. You get a job like the rest of us, or you don’t eat.

I think you’d find over time there are far more people in groups 3 than 1 or 2.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:45:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'm sure cops will get right on enforcing that.

Nothing like getting out of an air conditioned squad car to be into proximity with a smelly hobo and risk getting stabbed with a hobo knife.
View Quote

If there was any real commitment on the back end to fixing the problem I would happily enforce vagrancy laws. I hate vagrants, and believe they are a blight. Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be enough public support to do what needs to be done yet.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:04:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

All large hospitals have  psych wards so that's where they will end up
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They'll just take them to the ER... it's what they do everywhere else.

All large hospitals have  psych wards so that's where they will end up

The asylum system needs to start somewhere, this looks like it could be nucleus of getting the mentally ill housed (or warehoused, I am good either way).
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:11:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Where should they sleep then? Homeless people are by definition homeless. Should they sleep on the private property they don't have?

I know there are shelters, but do they have capacity? I know for a fact some shelters won't take in anybody convicted of a violent offense or who can't pass a drug test.. where do they sleep? They have a physical body that cannot simply pop out of existence.

What's the alternative?
View Quote

Get a job, and stop being a leach, or go far out into the wilderness, and live there. Of course then you can’t be a leach as easy which is generally their goal.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:12:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Procecute the fuckers employing illegals and I bet this place would sort itself out.
View Quote

Cut off welfare as well, and all of a sudden we’d have a lot more people capable of working, and contributing to society.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:17:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This sounds great in theory, but you are basically saying you would either have the state pay to involuntarily house these people, or execute them (I'm assuming that's what no second change ever means).  Which is pretty tyrannical for the government to kill someone for being a lazy bum.
View Quote

How does a person who is a bum feed themselves, and buy things they need?

If you address that the problem will fix itself.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top